Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276

Sweet. Is that volumetric clouds you're using for the dust?

That and the fog from the Realistic Sky editor. Funny thing is... it's basically just the EnvironKits Woodlands and/or Badlands base scenes shot at Gamma Correction = 2.2 

Just aim the Sun light around for the right time of day - something Phil did with them a while back - and I've been doing that ever since ;)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

really nice images dart :)

just a quick fun thing from me...

pmpkns.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 115K
    3DAGE said:

really nice images dart :)

just a quick fun thing from me...

Thanks ;)

Wonderful Render!!! Fantastic lighting , shading and modeling! Very, Very Nice!

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited October 2016

"Toil and Trouble"

I thought I'd try a render with the cauldron I made for the forum animation thread (week 2). laugh

The bubbles are a mix of a replicator and two particle systems and the flying sparks are a third particle system.

ToilAndTrouble.jpg
    1030 x 1400 - 147K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

Very Nice! I like the lighting and the Cauldron effects (shaders and particles) looks really cool!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Very Nice! I like the lighting and the Cauldron effects (shaders and particles) looks really cool!

+ 1

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

+2!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

w.i.p. testing the sebum layer effect on a morphed G3F face skin

Doc3.jpg
    1400 x 1464 - 238K
    edited October 2016

here a quick comparison between the sun/sky model in carrara and 3 path tracing based engines (iray, shade and fluidray); same time (14 mins - taken for the rendering within shade) applied to each one, carrara is 3 times faster than shade and the result looks similar smiley only the sun color looks less yellow and warm in carrara

carrara 14.jpg
    3000 x 1667 - 766K
    shade 14.jpg
    1000 x 540 - 336K
    iray 14.jpg
    1000 x 512 - 294K
    fluidray 14.jpg
    905 x 537 - 307K
    Post edited by magaremoto on

w.i.p. testing the sebum layer effect on a morphed G3F face skin

The skin looks great - now for the eyes!

thanks PhilW, gonna tweak reflections a little bit yet; about eyes I should adjust too many things before achieving something realistic; look at her right eye it looks stuck to me, even in DS they turn out somewhat weird

here an updating of the stonemason's street with a more yellow sun and a more bright haze dome, apart from albedo I'm very satisfied with it for outcome and render time, ready to be touched up in post

Doc3.jpg
    3000 x 1667 - 3M

thanks PhilW, gonna tweak reflections a little bit yet; about eyes I should adjust too many things before achieving something realistic; look at her right eye it looks stuck to me, even in DS they turn out somewhat weird

In addition to reflection, one of the things that I think is essential to adjust is the Cornea Bulge. The default is set way too flat, so set that to maximum and you will get much more realistic reflections.

here a quick comparison between the sun/sky model in carrara and 3 path tracing based engines (iray, shade and fluidray); same time (14 mins - taken for the rendering within shade) applied to each one, carrara is 3 times faster than shade and the result looks similar smiley only the sun color looks less yellow and warm in carrara

Like I say... I'm just addicted to Carrara's native render engine... I love the speed and it renders very well!

Oh... and fine job with those renders and thanks for the cool comparison!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Kewl stuff folks!   yesyes

edited October 2016

Some fun with a new idea I had for using volumetrics and lighting

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

That looks like fun smiley

It is!!! :)

edited October 2016

My latest, a little light relief after doing a lot of video editing! I like how it came out.

Ginny-GalaxyDressFinal.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 575K
    Post edited by PhilW on

Nice :)

perhaps a bit too bumpy, ...but it could be a cold day

+1

hair, teeth and eyes above all are photorealistic imo

• 3DAGE said:

Nice :)

perhaps a bit too bumpy, ...but it could be a cold day

Speaking of bumpy...

Oh, you mean the bump channel setting in skin shader, my mistake :-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962

The shading, lighting and hair are very convincing and I am almost sold on it being a photo if not for her oddly pointy cheekbones which rather disturb me, thats the morph dials not the render though so not Phill Wilkes doing as such but the PA who made those morphs which appear to be affected by the smile.

ToeJam said:

The shading, lighting and hair are very convincing and I am almost sold on it being a photo if not for her oddly pointy cheekbones which rather disturb me, thats the morph dials not the render though so not Phill Wilkes doing as such but the PA who made those morphs which appear to be affected by the smile.

I corrected for that in postwork too - you should have seen them before!

Wonderful Render, Phil! Very nice!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921
    edited October 2016

Post edited by Chohole on

Awesome Stezza!!!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

spooky devil

Why are clowns always sad ?,.    ...and carrying knives.

They should be laughing all day,. with such a great job,. and they get those shoes for free,. and that little car to drive all day.

perhaps because they have to work at night,. and miss out on all the real fun events,. like drowning for apples,

Great render Stezza :)

I got an opportunity to be a clown once...but they were big shoes to fill!

This discussion has been closed.