Star Trek Builders Unite 5 : Where no pixel has gone before

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Yikes! Given my crushing claustrophobia I think I'd prefer to blow up with the ship than take my chances in a Star Fleet escape pod. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,269
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Thanks
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I'll post in the Freebies tomorrow. I didn't realize how late it was.

Thanks again Madison, glad I could kind of help earlier.

~~~~~~
    Character is Genesis. Hair is a 'non autofit' rescaled V4 hair, Dress is the A3 Retro Dress "auto fitted", ported to Zbrush to create a morph to remove the horrible chest changes Autofit did to it.
    ~~~~~~

hope_and_cube1.jpg
    676 x 874 - 388K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Yikes! Given my crushing claustrophobia I think I'd prefer to blow up with the ship than take my chances in a Star Fleet escape pod. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

Consider being the captain of the ship and having claustrophobia. Jan does. It's her one weakness, really.

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    I'll post in the Freebies tomorrow. I didn't realize how late it was.

Thanks again Madison, glad I could kind of help earlier.

~~~~~~
    Character is Genesis. Hair is a 'non autofit' rescaled V4 hair, Dress is the A3 Retro Dress "auto fitted", ported to Zbrush to create a morph to remove the horrible chest changes Autofit did to it.
    ~~~~~~

You're welcome- and thanks, too.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited January 2014

mdbruffy said:
    I must be the only one in the house tonight. Here's where I stand with Khan. The flight suit would be great except for one little detail:
    If you turn the patches invisable, they leave holes in the mesh of the jumpsuit. Why do that? Why deliberately create holes in the mesh only to turn around and litterally put a patch over them?

have you tried using the M4 bodysuit instead? Or do you think that will be too tight?

if you use Daz Studio, optitex has a free dynamic overall

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload09.php

Post edited by Timbales on
    edited January 2014

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:
    I must be the only one in the house tonight. Here's where I stand with Khan. The flight suit would be great except for one little detail:
    If you turn the patches invisable, they leave holes in the mesh of the jumpsuit. Why do that? Why deliberately create holes in the mesh only to turn around and litterally put a patch over them?

have you tried using the M4 bodysuit instead? Or do you think that will be too tight?

First of all, I don't have Daz- never have. I know that's a bad thing to say on this thread, but it's true. Second, I avoid dynamic cloth religiously. I hate having to go through who-knows how many simulations before the outfit falls like I want it- only to have to repeat the proces for the next render and the next...
    I was looking for something more lose than a bodysuit.

spaceseedhd745.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 356K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

No problem, I understand people have their preferences. I like Studio quite a bit, but that's me. It's a shame, though, because that coverall from Optitex looks perfect.

Have you considered trying to make a texture for the Valiant set, having the bottom of the tunic be were the belt ends? With some displacement maps, it could look like a seamless jumpsuit.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

if you have Poser Pro 2014 the morph brush can add looseness and wrinkles in clothing quite nicely. I have gotten so that I use it on almost every outfit now

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

if you have Poser Pro 2014 the morph brush can add looseness and wrinkles in clothing quite nicely. I have gotten so that I use it on almost every outfit now

I have 2014- and I've been fighting it tooth and nail since it was installed- and I don't know why. I've been a Poser user since P5 and this is the first time I've had problems. I've gotten most of them solved but it still gives me fits when I import a new obj into a the program.
    I've never used the morph brush- don't know thing one about it.
    If I can't find a jumpsuit somewhere, I may have to do like TimG suggested with Valiant or a shirt/pants conbo.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

hmmm, i haven't had any issues importing objects in 2014.

previous versions of the morph brush were a real PITA IMO, but the version in 2014 id awesome, i use it all the time. I should probably do a tutorial on it.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,269
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

First of all, I don't have Daz- never have. I know that's a bad thing to say on this thread, but it's true. Second, I avoid dynamic cloth religiously. I hate having to go through who-knows how many simulations before the outfit falls like I want it- only to have to repeat the proces for the next render and the next...
    I was looking for something more lose than a bodysuit.

There's this http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=744 by Anthony Appleyard it's for P4 but you might be able to convert it

edited December 1969

mdbruffy - do you have Uzilite's New Adventure Continues set?

http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-accessories/the-new-adventure-continues

edited December 1969

TimG said:

I'm a little confused. It talks about new conformers- is that morphs or the actual outfits?

edited January 2014

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:

I'm a little confused. It talks about new conformers- is that morphs or the actual outfits?

actual outfits for M4 with a bonus top for V4 from the original set

I look a look at it, but the modeled details may be too much for what you are looking for.

Post edited by Timbales on
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:

actual outfits for M4 with a bonus top for V4 from the original set

I look a look at it, but the modeled details may be too much for what you are looking for.

I was just getting ready to ask if the straps and badges can be removed. I found another possiable at Poserworld. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

edited January 2014

Okay, beleive it or not, this is the Bellhop uniform for M4 from Poserworld with the buttons and trim turned invisable. the belt is from my Runtime. I still need to make the metal bits at the collar and down the front. The torso still isn't as "shirt-like" as I wanted, but close enough I guess.
    Maybe I'm too close to this- worked on it too much, but the face still doesn't look enough like him to satisfy me.

Khan_phase_1.jpg
    954 x 949 - 185K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

A Question: Does anyone know where to get Oshikai's Retro Skirt for Aiko 3?

edited December 1969

A Question: Does anyone know where to get Oshikai's Retro Skirt for Aiko 3?

I just checked Daz and Renderosity both and I didn't see it. Being for Aiko 3 (and V3) I doubt it's still available. Everytime a new figure is released all the stuff for the other figures gets pulled.

edited December 1969

It was originally on runtimedna, but now all I get is an error page.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Okay, beleive it or not, this is the Bellhop uniform for M4 from Poserworld with the buttons and trim turned invisable. the belt is from my Runtime. I still need to make the metal bits at the collar and down the front. The torso still isn't as "shirt-like" as I wanted, but close enough I guess.
    Maybe I'm too close to this- worked on it too much, but the face still doesn't look enough like him to satisfy me.

looks good

edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Bruffy, your classic era Khan morph is really well done! You really captured the chiseled features of the younger Montalban.

On a totally unrelated subject, is the XcalPro site loading "blank" for anyone besides me? I mean I literally get a blank page, no text, no graphics, not even a 404 or a 403 type error. Rather strange.

Sincerely,

Bill

Bill- and anyone else- Xcal is up and running again. Was just there,

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 1969

It was originally on runtimedna, but now all I get is an error page.

Runtime DNA does not usually "pull" items unless there's legal ambiguity or the vendor does so of his own accord. You can still find items for Michael and Victoria 1 and 2.

I've started a thread in the "product support" sub-forum asking about the products status.

I'm hoping it was merely "lost in the shuffle" when the prices were restored after the year end sales concluded.

It would be a shame if it just "vanished" as I was the one (or one of a few) who urged Oshikai to complete what stated as a personal project when we were members of the "Anime Doll Portal".

Sincerely,

Bill

edited January 2014

And I just learned from one of the admins that "Oshikai is no longer a vendor with us."

Well, I've just addressed Oshikai directly at Deviant Art and hopefully I will learn what he has planned.

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see an updated version of the outfit, V4 or from a personal point of view, for Genesis since it has all the Toon morphs. My temp fix isn't perfect as you can see when I posted my image, the Autofit-chest-breast ripple still prevails.

edited December 1969

Wow, thanks Redfern! Hopefully Oshikai will make it available again, I really like the look of the Retro Skirt.

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    I'd like to see an updated version of the outfit, V4...

Just a bit of fair warning, Oshikai is a dyed in the wool Aiko 3 devotee. All of his clothing items he sculpted and rigged for A3. I think he did some things for MayaX's "Anime Doll" ( which "evolved" from the "Maya Doll") when it first appeared, but after Aiko 3 debuted, Oshi' found his "true love". A few have asked him to do something for V4/A4, but so far, he has declined.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, and I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't wish to raise any false hopes.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

Here's one I hope you guys find intresting:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/ST-NG-Thelen-425494697

NG_Cover.jpg
    508 x 655 - 256K
    edited December 1969

Call this odd or what, but I'm looking for a toon-ish male style uniform for the TOS era. Something that compliments the a3 retro dress the girls wear. It can be pretty much any character shape since I'll be using Genesis and I have all the current 3's 4's and 5' body morphs.

Or would just sticking with the 'defiant for Genesis' outfit be appropriate?

Links would really help for ideas.

Redfern or Ptrope: do you happen to know what material or seamless photoshop texture was used for the A3 Trek dress textures? I'd like the oufit for the men to be the same colour and patterns but at a closer look, the texures have body shapeing shadows added. I think this is why the dress looks so good and form fitting. At a closer examination of the outfit it appears to be like a cross between cordoroy and denim, but I can't find it in my searches for something similar.

Thanks all

-Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Call this odd or what, but I'm looking for a toon-ish male style uniform for the TOS era. Something that compliments the a3 retro dress the girls wear. It can be pretty much any character shape since I'll be using Genesis and I have all the current 3's 4's and 5' body morphs.

Or would just sticking with the 'defiant for Genesis' outfit be appropriate?

Links would really help for ideas.

Redfern or Ptrope: do you happen to know what material or seamless photoshop texture was used for the A3 Trek dress textures? I'd like the oufit for the men to be the same colour and patterns but at a closer look, the texures have body shapeing shadows added. I think this is why the dress looks so good and form fitting. At a closer examination of the outfit it appears to be like a cross between cordoroy and denim, but I can't find it in my searches for something similar.

Thanks all

-Paul

I don't know how toon-ish it is for your tastes, but there is a tunic set for H3:

http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-accessories/hiro-tunic-set

Since it was made for him, it probably would have less distortion for your texture maps. If there is an existing texture set for the M3 tunic, it would probably work on this one.

This discussion has been closed.