Star Trek Builders Unite 5 : Where no pixel has gone before

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,584
    edited December 1969

Any word on Oshikai's Retro Skirt?

Beyond his wondering what to do, sadly no.

Sorry, I wish I had a more definitive response for you.

Hopefully he'll provide an answer before too much time has passed.

Sincerely,

Bill

BTW, Ptrope, that Chip based Gorn is truly inspired!

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Bill! That's actually "Pickles"; I thought it would work better, since Pickles already has a muzzle and no human-style nose, plus the paws'n'claws ;). There's a lot of work on the head using both magnets and the morph brushes in Poser Pro 2014, and it's still not really to my liking, because the head just doesn't have enough resolution, but it's close (2 levels of subdivision help ... ). I used a displacement map, set to a negative, to inset his eardrums (can't really see them in this shot, unfortunately). I modeled the spikes, and I'm going to also model 'dentures' to go into the groove I inset for his mouth.

His tunic is a freebie - "Prince Chip" from Trumarcar - I had to scale it and use the morph brush to fit it more closely, as simply copying the morphs from Chip/Pickles seems to break the 'skirt' portion (I've been having this same issue in trying to make Harry Mudd, using the same shirt); of course, I made the sleeves and collar completely invisible, so it doesn't matter if they fit or not ;). I may also try using Chip's "Super Suit" @ RDNA, with a skirt borrowed from Cookie ;).

Now if I could find a 3D mesh of Vasquez Rocks ... :D (poor Gorntoon, though, has a head so big, he can't lift a rock over it LOL )

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Any word on Oshikai's Retro Skirt?

Beyond his wondering what to do, sadly no.

Sorry, I wish I had a more definitive response for you.

Hopefully he'll provide an answer before too much time has passed.

Sincerely,

Bill

BTW, Ptrope, that Chip based Gorn is truly inspired!
    Might he consider selling through one of the other stores? I don't know whether DAZ3D would take something that's been sold elsewhere and isn't for Genesis, but they might. Lacking that, there's Mr.Sparky's store - I know he brokers for a few other creators, but I don't know what contract he offers.

• NVent3dNVent3d Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Who out there is proficient at converting daz files for use with poser? I don't have poser so I can not test the files or trouble shoot them.

Also think there'd be interest in a pre tos pike era web comic? Its a work in progress as i try to iron out the other issues, feel free to hit me up for help on poser support files if you care to help.

Pike.jpg
    800 x 684 - 112K
    edited December 1969

I really like the modeling of that shirt - all it needs is a velvet/velour texture and it would be perfect :).

I'd like to see a Pike-era web comic, for sure, if it looked this good. I might even be able to help out with the bridge, if I can dredge up my old attempts at making a Pike.2 version (I definitely have the old-style main viewscreen available ;)). And the M.A.R.S. viewers are made for just such a project ;).

edited December 1969

Ptrope, if you have some pike era stuff around that would be awesome. I still need to do the female top and the away jackets. I think all of their hand equipment is available out in the wild. Not only that I need to develop my very loose ideas into an actual story. I think maybe orions and other pirates would be the continuing bad guy in a Pike story.....

edited December 1969

If you haven't seen it in awhile, this is where I was going with the Pike-era bridge (hopefully, I haven't lost the files in a hard drive crash since then) - my thought was to make something that had the basic color palette and the screens, but some differences in the detailing, such as rounding off the corners of all the black console inserts. I also used the standard TOS bridge chair, but with different colors, as well.

And of course, there's Pike's quarters, over at ShareCG ;-).

TOS_Bridge_Conversion_047_Cage.jpg
    800 x 800 - 167K
    edited December 1969

That looks pretty solid, I do have the Pike's quarters of course.

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

That looks like a very good TOS outfit, Vilmur. :)

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,051
    edited December 1969

Playing around with creating an alien species...

David

M4_Cat_Alien_02.jpg
    1429 x 2000 - 2M
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,584
    edited December 1969

Looks like a Vulcan or a Romulan had a little Pon Farr with a Caitian, resulting in a hybrid.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Looks like a Vulcan or a Romulan had a little Pon Farr with a Caitian, resulting in a hybrid.

Sincerely,

Bill

I was thinking some kind of humanoid lemur or wombat. like a Lemurian or a Wombanian

edited December 1969

scatha said:
    That looks like a very good TOS outfit, Vilmur. :)

Thanks so far of the uniforms i have made, the pre tos ones are the ones i have an actual use for.

edited December 1969

Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Ummm... Thanks... I think....

edited December 1969

Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Hey, that sounds familiar ...

Ptrope_Year_of_the_Cat.jpg
    1449 x 800 - 238K
    edited December 1969

Okay I still need to make Spock, and Tyler. Also I think I need to have an Andorian crewman

But, my basic idea follows the enterprise over the ten (or so) years pike commanded her. But I am shooting for a babylon 5 feel in that there will be call forwards and call backs in the story. The Orions will be the major threat the crew regularly runs into.

pre_tos_team_reduced.jpg
    800 x 475 - 197K
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I'll go with Vulcan and Caitian gitten the jiggy on.

So here are some images of my take a break from anything serious.

Toon Trek (does this count as Anime Trek? PM with your idea's...I don't watch the stuff.)

Ptrope - Thanks for the 'crossbow'. Shadowhawk1 couldn't have made this ship for me without it.

Vilmur, thanks for the uniform for the guys.

The dress is A3 Retro dress...great find guys ( I think it was either Ptrope or Redfern who first introduced this gem to us.)

USS_Virtue1.jpg
    1800 x 1439 - 839K
    LT_LePan_-as_Engineering.jpg
    947 x 1225 - 684K
    page_5a.jpg
    600 x 980 - 263K
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

Toon Trek (does this count as Anime Trek? PM with your idea's...I don't watch the stuff.)

Ptrope - Thanks for the 'crossbow'. Shadowhawk1 couldn't have made this ship for me without it.

The dress is A3 Retro dress...great find guys ( I think it was either Ptrope or Redfern who first introduced this gem to us.)

Looks great, I can not wait to read it when you release it!
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    Okay I still need to make Spock, and Tyler. Also I think I need to have an Andorian crewman

But, my basic idea follows the enterprise over the ten (or so) years pike commanded her. But I am shooting for a babylon 5 feel in that there will be call forwards and call backs in the story. The Orions will be the major threat the crew regularly runs into.

According to those colors Mr. Sulu would be in .... pink ...... OH MY!!!!!!!
    Great looking outfit Vilmur and sorry just couldn't help the Sulu crack!

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

Looking good! Although I think the Lt.has been working with Mr. Sulu a little to much, Glad you liked the ship I just followed your ideas and came up with what you see here. I can't wait to see what this story brings ... light hearted or not I am sure it will be a hit.

• blutobluto Posts: 829
    edited December 1969

David

david , I would love to see him with the textures from hellboysoto's beast applied to him

http://hellboysoto.deviantart.com/art/SOTO-s-Vincent-for-The-Freak-4-278560825

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 622
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Ummm... Thanks... I think....Heh! That must've been a "wild night"! ;-P

edited December 1969

bluto said:

David

david , I would love to see him with the textures from hellboysoto's beast applied to him

http://hellboysoto.deviantart.com/art/SOTO-s-Vincent-for-The-Freak-4-278560825

I had forgotten all about that character/texture package. I'll have to try it out and see what it looks like.

David

edited December 1969

Ok. Here he is with HellboySoto's texture for Vincent.

M4_Cat_Alien_HellboySotoVincent_03.jpg
    1429 x 2000 - 2M
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited January 2014

Anyone know of a good fog prop ? I've got one I found at RDNA a long time back and at certain angles and densities, you can see the panels that make it up.

Edit: The Poser fog and dusk lights here at Daz. Has anyone else tried them? Anyone know if they work as advertised?

Edit 2: Tried the lights. They didn't do what I wanted. Guess I'll have to figure a way to do what I want in pohotshop.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,282
    edited December 1969

You might check this out By Nerd3d
    http://www.daz3d.com/fog-tool-deluxe-iii

edited December 1969

I'll give it a try. Thanks, Robert.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited January 2014

mdbruffy said:

'Ya' saw the image a few post up the page, here is the same with that same fog tool.

Hope that gives you a bit more perspective of what it looks like.

Frame_5_fog.jpg
    600 x 980 - 259K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    mdbruffy said:

'Ya' saw the image a few post up the page, here is the same with that same fog tool.

Hope that gives you a bit more perspective of what it looks like.

That looks good. But I hope it can do a lot more. I need something that looks like a bad 1890's fog. You do know that back then, What we call a fog, was really industrial pollution? It ruined alot of folks lungs having to breath it.

This discussion has been closed.