Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

Comments

• JOHNGARRETTJOHNGARRETT Posts: 127
    edited March 2014

Nightwing. Rendered using Blender Cycles.

There's some other renders and blathering about Nightwing on my site here:

Nightwing In 3D – Love The Character, Hate The Stories

Nightwing-1200.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 172K
    Post edited by JOHNGARRETT on
  • equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited March 2014

jgstyle said:
    equinoxx5 said:
    Here's my latest WIP. Not 100% "page accurate," but hopefully the intent is clear...

That Cyborg is awesome, man. Victor is looking good, there.
    Thank you, much appreciated. Excellent Nightwing, on your part.

Here's what it's been building toward:

"Titans... Together!"

Inspired by the cover of New Teen Titans #36, November 1983...

TitansTogether_full.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 704K
    Post edited by equinoxx5 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOOT! Titans Forever!

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,051
    edited December 1969

Working on a HellBoy concept for a contest. This is just the morph only. I still need to add the cut-off horns and the hair. Anyone have a suggestion as to a good hair to use for him?

David

hellboy_M4_concept_01.jpg
    1357 x 1900 - 827K
    edited December 1969

Hello????

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

Working on a HellBoy concept for a contest. This is just the morph only. I still need to add the cut-off horns and the hair. Anyone have a suggestion as to a good hair to use for him?

David

Hi David,

Didn't get an ebot for a while here and have been catching up. There is a shaolin hair here at DAZ that might be tweaked to fit your needs but other than that I wouldn't know any other hair that might fit the bill. Its not much but I hope it helps you.

http://www.daz3d.com/shaolin-hair

edited December 1969

I was thinking the Gorkon hair might be closer.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Gorkon-hair-and-beard-191458070

What did you think of the face morph? I'm thinking the head might need to be wider over all but that may be just be me being nit-picky.

David

edited December 1969

I was thinking the Gorkon hair might be closer.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Gorkon-hair-and-beard-191458070

What did you think of the face morph? I'm thinking the head might need to be wider over all but that may be just be me being nit-picky.

David

I hadn't seen that hair and I think you might be right there. I like the horn stubs on his skull and with the majority of my contact with Hellboy being the movies, I would have to say the skin looks good and the large jaw bone structure looks good. I think you are doing really will with it and look forward to seeing more.

• CMKook-24601CMKook-24601 Posts: 200
    edited March 2014

So, I took a crack at Captain America

he is a Genesis hand spun male with an M4 Character textures and Subsurface Shader Base
    His suit is the Genesis Super suit (some shaders are from the supersuit and others are not sets. Not sure which ones are from what super suit set as I just bought Supersuit Pro Bundle )
    -the white parts or his suit are a white letaher preset from the Super suit set
    -the blue is a combination of color maps I made in Photoshop layed over Leather Factory Shaders for DAZ Studiobase
    -the Harness and pouches come from Ghost Agent for Michael 4 and Hiro 4 and ArtemisX for Genesis
    -the boots are from Uniforms for Michael 6
    -Last but not least the Shield and gloves came from F4 First Avenger at Share CG

all of which I used various shaders for (some listed above, but putting them below for your convince):

Hardcore Utility Shaders DS
    Leather Factory Shaders for DAZ Studio
    Supersuit Pro Bundle shaders
    Subsurface Shader Base

the environment is a combination:
    BWC Skies
    Urban Sprawl 2 The Big City
    Advanced Distant Light

Captain_America1.png
    1500 x 1484 - 4M
    Post edited by CMKook-24601 on
  • hiram67bhiram67b Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

One idea on the armor of Batman Beyond. I mainly used the Coalition suit, namely Rapier, Katana and Claymore, purchased from DAZ3D. Then I used pieces of sedition soldier, always hold on DAZ3D. The coat is TargetView, the cowl of Batman is free of Sharecg, the mask is that of armor Z , always free of Sharecg. The material that I used to standardize everything is one of those in the livedb of octane render and then a bit of postwork in photoshop.

The texture of Cap America of this render was created by me on the product Ultra Patriot, of Shaft73

captain_america_ultra_patriot_by_hiram67-d7aundw.jpg
    929 x 859 - 101K
    batman_beyond_armor_by_hiram67-d7b33qq.jpg
    965 x 827 - 207K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594
    edited December 1969

he is a Genesis hand spun male with an M4 Character textures and Subsurface Shader Base

Holy steroid Batman, LOL. Nice work on the suit.

• Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know where I can get a good hair for Wolverine? Vlog's set is otherwise pretty good, but the hair is just too poofy, I want something a little closer to that classic shape with the little horned-owl tufts.

Also, here's a render from this afternoon of X-23, mimicking the cover of the first Target-X issue:

x2301.jpg
    800 x 800 - 199K
    edited December 1969

lol yeah I kinda did the whole 80s steroid jacked look

• Will DeckerWill Decker Posts: 188
    edited December 1969

I know not that many people are familiar with Super Sentai, but here is something I have been working on.

1669887_10202164675051227_2013201266_o.jpg
    734 x 1208 - 55K
  • clayphdclayphd Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

I know not that many people are familiar with Super Sentai, but here is something I have been working on.

Looks like an awesome version of Gosei Sentai Dairanger

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited December 1969

I always thought the art by guys like Liefeld (90s really, not 80s) made secret identities impossible. These giant people with chests like boulders just flip off their masks and slip on a button down shirt and nobody says "whoa, that guy is supernaturally huge. What is he, a superhero?"

edited December 1969

I always thought the art by guys like Liefeld (90s really, not 80s) made secret identities impossible. These giant people with chests like boulders just flip off their masks and slip on a button down shirt and nobody says "whoa, that guy is supernaturally huge. What is he, a superhero?" no worse then clark kent/ superman

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

I always thought the art by guys like Liefeld (90s really, not 80s) made secret identities impossible. These giant people with chests like boulders just flip off their masks and slip on a button down shirt and nobody says "whoa, that guy is supernaturally huge. What is he, a superhero?" no worse then clark kent/ superman

Don't you dare disrespect the power of Clark's glasses! :-) I think a great ad campaign might be: "Glasses! Obscuring the super since 1938!"

edited December 1969

I always thought the art by guys like Liefeld (90s really, not 80s) made secret identities impossible. These giant people with chests like boulders just flip off their masks and slip on a button down shirt and nobody says "whoa, that guy is supernaturally huge. What is he, a superhero?"

It didn't make secret identities impossible, it was just bad. Nothing made sense in a Liefeld drawing, so someone's body mass might seem like less of an issue than the problem of all the missing feet and an occasional limb, or eyes.... see the link below for examples.

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

edited December 1969

It didn't make secret identities impossible, it was just bad. Nothing made sense in a Liefeld drawing, so someone's body mass might seem like less of an issue than the problem of all the missing feet and an occasional limb, or eyes.... see the link below for examples.

okay I get it I made my cap too buff :P

edited December 1969

okay I get it I made my cap too buff :P

I wasn't calling you out. After all, your cap at least has all his limbs.

edited December 1969

The Hellboy I'm planning on submitting to the multiversity contest. Whatcha think?

David

HellboyM4_contest01.jpg
    1393 x 1950 - 2M
    edited December 1969

The Hellboy I'm planning on submitting to the multiversity contest. Whatcha think?

David

Great work on this David, the hair and horns look great and I love the hand! Did you make it or is it a prop you found?

edited December 1969

The horns are just cylinders. The hand was part of an OBJ that someone did of Hellboy. I just extracted what I needed and then rigged it to use on M4. The hair is Mylochka's Gorkon hair but kitbashed to fit Hellboy's hairstyle.

David

edited December 1969

The horns are just cylinders. The hand was part of an OBJ that someone did of Hellboy. I just extracted what I needed and then rigged it to use on M4. The hair is Mylochka's Gorkon hair but kitbashed to fit Hellboy's hairstyle.

David

Well I wish you the best in the contest you have really dones some really great work on this character.

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Well, since Leroy Squab put the bug in my head... not exactly superheroes, but certainly a fixture of my Saturday mornings back in '68...

"Fantastic Voyagers"

Headquarters, CMDF: Combined Miniature Defense Force.
    Project: Fantastic Voyage.
    Process: Miniaturization.
    Authority: Top Secret, highest clearance.
    Team: Jonathan Kidd, commander. Guru, master of mysterious powers. Erica Lane, doctor, biologist. Busby Birdwell, scientist, inventor, builder of the Voyager.
    Mission: In their miniaturized form, to combat the unseen, unsuspected enemies of freedom.
    Time limit: 12 hours.

FantasticVoyagers_full.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 590K
  • KevmannKevmann Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Beautiful Nightiwng and Titans renders by jgstyle and equinoxx5 . Congrats guys!

My take on a famous movie scene.

flight_1.jpg
    1246 x 862 - 593K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

equinoxx5 said:
    Well, since Leroy Squab put the bug in my head... not exactly superheroes, but certainly a fixture of my Saturday mornings back in '68...

"Fantastic Voyagers"

Team: Jonathan Kidd, commander. Guru, master of mysterious powers. Erica Lane, doctor, biologist. Busby Birdwell, scientist, inventor, builder of the Voyager.
    Mission: In their miniaturized form, to combat the unseen, unsuspected enemies of freedom.

Gorgeous. If I had to suggest anything, it's that I think Busby was a little smaller and nerdier, but that was a long time ago and my memory's not what it used to be.

Is the Voyager model available anywhere? Can you show us more of the ship? It was one of my favorite ships from the sixties, along with the flying sub and the Spindrift.

Again, great pict, thanks for sharing it. If you have any more, I'd love to see them.

-- Walt Sterdan

• Will DeckerWill Decker Posts: 188
    edited December 1969

Finished some more work lately just been wanting to do work inspired by Japanese heroes

New_Superman.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 148K
    Kamen_Rider_ichigo.jpg
    1740 x 978 - 409K
    The_Five_Star_Squadron_Dairanger.jpg
    1740 x 978 - 806K
  • leroysquableroysquab Posts: 101
    edited March 2014

equinoxx5 said:

"Fantastic Voyagers"

:lol: Jeez, I'd be happy to take the blame for the great job you did on this, Equinoxx! :-) I remember this one myself! Well done!
    Awesome job on those Titans too! (pardon me, I'm playing a bit of catch-up here)

Post edited by leroysquab on
This discussion has been closed.