Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

19495969798100»

Comments

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

I finished my Batsuit over the holidays! A few of the non-traditional suits I've really liked in one shots and miniseries worked their way into the design.

01.png
    1004 x 910 - 712K
  • Great job, and nice composition to boot  :)  I admire a well-executed kitbash. Very impressive!

• Working on Danger Girl. What I'm trying to practice is using the least amout of geometry as I can and get as much detail as I can, also practicing wrinkles, even made a bra impression. I've not seen people do that before and undershorts, and made sure she didnt have a wedgie. I'm having a hard time understanding Iray lighting and surfaces so the render is as best I can do for now. The outfit is still unfinished, needs the strap for the gun, DG logo on her belt buckle and boots. My surface settings and lights washed out all the detail from the shirt, going to have to improve on that. Shirt and pants are UV'd too.

1.PNG
    415 x 866 - 374K
    2.PNG
    453 x 937 - 373K
    3.PNG
    413 x 892 - 305K
    4.PNG
    410 x 916 - 311K
    5.PNG
    503 x 1038 - 284K
    6.PNG
    429 x 1030 - 200K
    7.PNG
    501 x 1022 - 282K
    8.PNG
    452 x 1036 - 205K
    A.png
    1000 x 1300 - 815K
    Top and Bottom.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 1M
  • Wow - nice work. What outfit did you start with, or did you model it from scratch? I haven't even started to learn what you must know about fiddling with the mesh in the way you describe,Very inspiring!

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426

For the honor of Grayskull!

She-ra.

• Wow - nice work. What outfit did you start with, or did you model it from scratch? I haven't even started to learn what you must know about fiddling with the mesh in the way you describe,Very inspiring!

I didn't use anyone else's mesh, t's all my work. Thanks for the compliment!
  • The gun I'm using is an old DAZ free item, desert eagle. I made a Danger Girl style holster and modeled the DG logo and added it to the belt buckle. Up next, boots and gloves then she's done. I think I'm going to make all three characters.

9.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    10.PNG
    839 x 1095 - 1M
    11.PNG
    656 x 1069 - 954K
    12.PNG
    840 x 1095 - 1M
    13.PNG
    675 x 251 - 202K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

The gun I'm using is an old DAZ free item, desert eagle. I made a Danger Girl style holster and modeled the DG logo and added it to the belt buckle. Up next, boots and gloves then she's done. I think I'm going to make all three characters.

Wonderful stuff as alweays, Type O. I like your crafting! If you ever want to give the Young Justice outfits a go, I am all down for that and you'll have a customer in me if you charge. :)

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited January 2019
    RKane_1 said:

The gun I'm using is an old DAZ free item, desert eagle. I made a Danger Girl style holster and modeled the DG logo and added it to the belt buckle. Up next, boots and gloves then she's done. I think I'm going to make all three characters.

Wonderful stuff as alweays, Type O. I like your crafting! If you ever want to give the Young Justice outfits a go, I am all down for that and you'll have a customer in me if you charge. :)

Thanks for the compliment. I can't sell that stuff, I'd get my rear sued off. I googled them, Wondergirl looks like something that hasn't been done yet so I might give her a go in the near future; who is it you are mainly interested in? side note, made the gloves, Danger Girl Abbey is nearly finished.

14.PNG
    629 x 424 - 224K
    15.PNG
    660 x 411 - 229K
    16.PNG
    610 x 649 - 491K
    17.PNG
    496 x 403 - 173K
    18.PNG
    670 x 493 - 144K
    Post edited by Type 0 Negative on
    edited January 2019

One Danger Girl down, two to go.

B.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • Working on Danger Girl Sydney Savage. I cheated some by using the pants I made for Danger Girl Abbey Chase, reworked them a little and built the top from the belly up; I might smooth out a few of the wrinkles on the legs, and still need to make the belt.

1.PNG
    792 x 1001 - 242K
    2.PNG
    770 x 985 - 307K
    3.PNG
    732 x 1030 - 236K
    4.PNG
    762 x 1023 - 313K
    5.PNG
    811 x 1014 - 625K
    6.PNG
    790 x 997 - 604K
  • What platform do you use to make this stuff? Your works makes me think I might have to take it up myself  :)

• What platform do you use to make this stuff? Your works makes me think I might have to take it up myself  :)

Hexagon and DazStudio. Hexagon is a solid program especially for making clothes, I only use about 10 of it's tools and the bridge between the programs is fantastic. I also have 3D coat for creating retopology/base mesh and making the UV. Hexagon UV is okay, Roadkill is free and pretty good UV maker.
  • Bodysuit and boots, done all I'm going to do. This weekend I'l make her hat, but she needs a bullwhip that rolls up on her side and a M16. Any suggestions on a bullwhip and M16, I don't want to make those.

8.png
    1000 x 1300 - 806K
    9.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    10.png
    1000 x 1300 - 894K
    11.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • john_antkowiakjohn_antkowiak Posts: 334
    edited January 2019

"Diana and Jones" set for Genesis 2 features a nice traditional bullwhip. And I'm sure I can find not just any old M16 but exactly the configuration you'd like, from other sources than DAZ or Rendo. Do you have a picture you can share of the version you'd like? I found several free ones that are pretty good.

Post edited by john_antkowiak on
    edited January 2019

"Diana and Jones" set for Genesis 2 features a nice traditional bullwhip. And I'm sure I can find not just any old M16 but exactly the configuration you'd like, from other sources than DAZ or Rendo. Do you have a picture you can share of the version you'd like? I found several free ones that are pretty good.

Thanks for the whip recommendation! I did a search for her gun, it's not a M16, she uses a MK23 Caliber .45 ACP Colt Anaconda and a AUG Rifle with Magazine Silencer with USP Infrared Marker. Sounds fancy. I'll take either one of those.
  • Wow - that's a serious arsenal  lol... Hope she has adamantium-infused forearms  :)   Give me a little time and I'll see what I can dig up. Seems to me I've seen that kind of rifle somewhere. When I was doing the half dozen or so '83 GI Joes I was amazed that I could find the exact weapons out there, mostly for free. While I check there, you can also do a Rendo search for "Assault Weapons" by Panko. He has like four sets of them. Some have that general design and maybe that exact one; I don't remember that detail.

edited January 2019

OK here's what I found in a quick search. Compare Panko's to those at CGTrader, Yobi3D (but hurry, as the site shuts permanently tomorrow), and Free3D; all have choices. Some are more free than others, but some of the extemely cheap ones look much better than some of the free ones. You don't have to go super premium. I'd suggest downloading all the free ones in .obj format, then you can import them into DAZ and see how they look relative to each other.

DUH I forgot to mention something kind of important. When you go to those three sites, search for "Steyr AUG" and "Colt Anaconda." You'll find them. Sorry!

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635
    edited January 2019

Got a little free time on my birthday so figured I'd do a quick render with Biggun (who I picked up in RawArt's birthday sale).

The birthday card I got from my kids had 'To an Incredible Dad' on the front - with the Incredible Hulk smashing through a wall - so I figured "Why not?"

Hulk Smash 01.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 221K
    Post edited by Silent Winter on
    edited January 2019

Fun!! I attempted - unsuccessfully - something similar for my nephew's 10th birthday. He's an Avengers fan, especially Black Panther. I planned to do a series of four, like a little comic strip. The last image would be Hulk doing pretty much exactly this, carrying balloons that mostly popped as they got dragged against the broken wall. "Hulk late..."   lol  

• Fun!! I attempted - unsuccessfully - something similar for my nephew's 10th birthday. He's an Avengers fan, especially Black Panther. I planned to do a series of four, like a little comic strip. The last image would be Hulk doing pretty much exactly this, carrying balloons that mostly popped as they got dragged against the broken wall. "Hulk late..."   lol  

Cool idea - why was it unsuccessful?

edited January 2019

Partly because I was inspired too late, and especially because the main panel had at least 8 characters in it. Iray choked.   lol  But I got the first one done  : ) The black background is a screen in front of everyone else.

King 1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
  • Cool 8)

edited February 2019

OK here's what I found in a quick search. Compare Panko's to those at CGTrader, Yobi3D (but hurry, as the site shuts permanently tomorrow), and Free3D; all have choices. Some are more free than others, but some of the extemely cheap ones look much better than some of the free ones. You don't have to go super premium. I'd suggest downloading all the free ones in .obj format, then you can import them into DAZ and see how they look relative to each other.

DUH I forgot to mention something kind of important. When you go to those three sites, search for "Steyr AUG" and "Colt Anaconda." You'll find them. Sorry!

Great Renders Everyone!

I missed out on the Yobi3D website. What happend? My search skills are not so great, I did find a Steyr AUG looking gun in the Rendero area you pointed me to but it's a bit steep priced, good stuff just I'm not in a good place to be buying stuff. I found a Steyr AUG free on the other site you sent me too and downloaded it but it didnt have obj, only fbx, and when daz imported it, parts of the gun was missing. The good news though, I dug into my runtime and found that a set I bought a while back has a revolver that is just called Magnum, and it looks very much like the Colt Anaconda, the gun comes from a set called Omega Huntress X

I've decided to make my own whip, working on it now; and I made her hat today.

12.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    13.PNG
    1006 x 1111 - 433K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Thought I'd make Classic Superman via Marvelous Designer.  Working on rigging the cape and supershorts to properly fit and a circular belt buckle before I start rendering the character.  All the meshes seen are seperate material zones and nothing it textured.  I was going to add an "S Shield" to the back cape, but it just weighed it down.

Superman001.png
    756 x 931 - 175K
    Superman002.png
    756 x 931 - 141K
    Superman003.png
    756 x 931 - 186K
  • That's so George Reeves! I love it  :)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Thought I'd make Classic Superman via Marvelous Designer.  Working on rigging the cape and supershorts to properly fit and a circular belt buckle before I start rendering the character.  All the meshes seen are seperate material zones and nothing it textured.  I was going to add an "S Shield" to the back cape, but it just weighed it down.

That is pretty amazing, Writ Idea. Great work! :)

• Thanks for the feedback! 

• Worked on a cape this morning.

1.PNG
    792 x 792 - 384K
    2.PNG
    775 x 803 - 251K
    3.PNG
    818 x 780 - 242K
    4.PNG
    815 x 836 - 389K
    Cape.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 855K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited March 2019

A little bit of experiment with the Film Noir render settings and my favorite Mutant...

New thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/312676/superheroes-rebooted-renders-assemble

Nightcrawler Noir.jpg
    1132 x 842 - 650K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.