Diomede's Notepad, Sketchpad, and Chilling Pad

167891012»

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,182

Diomede said:

@Dartanbeck - wow, you have me all excited in anticipation for...  ...whatever tech announcement you are sitting on.  Yay.

@HeadWax - the new Blender interface has definitely been a game changer for me.  My 3D pain point has been UVMapping, not because I can't get a working uvmap for my own use in Carrara, but because I haven't been able to find a dedicated UVMapper for projects not-for-my-personal-use.  Like the old Blender, the interfaces tended to get in the way.  My biggest current problem with Blender is that there are so many free online tutorials for the old interface it can be annoying to sift through and find tutorials for the newer interface. 

Looking at the comment dates, seems odd that I did not get notified a couple days ago.  Sorry for not responding to your posts sooner. 

no probls! I seldom get notified !

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,513

Moving is not fun.  I've moved four times in two years.  Settled for good now though and looking forward to getting caught up with everyone's thread.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,701

IceDragonArt said:

Moving is not fun.  I've moved four times in two years.  Settled for good now though and looking forward to getting caught up with everyone's thread.

I am finally moved in my new place.  But during the holiday season I spend a lot of time out of town.  Go figure!  Can't wait to see your new batch of renders.

My most recent Blender foray is more successful than the previous.  The 2.8+ interface makes a big difference for me.

I completed the Level 1 Blender Guru tutorial.  It is seven parts and you make a donut with icing.  Here is the level 1, part 7 video but you should be able to get to the first one from it.

edited January 25

And here is my Blender part 1 donut.

Dio Level 1 Blender Donut.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Diomede on