Diomede's Notepad, Sketchpad, and Chilling Pad

14567810»

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 11,420

hope you pick it up quicker than I did blush

and I am just so angry right now I could explode angry I watch Reddit post videos on Youtube often and just saw one about something absolutely horrible I won't even share

(just a person reading posts about it on Reddit not the videos)

stuff that is monstrous animal cruelty YouTube doesn't take down

I immediately thought of you with your Carrara tutorials and their crappy misguided  moderation crying

Oh no, Wendy - that sounds horrible.  Folks have suggested alternatives like Vimeo, etc.  I have been so focused on non-3D projects over the last few months that I haven't followed up on any more animations.  Last year about this time I did a month of 3D tutorials in coastal Maine (off season).  This year's trip had to be canceled but I still plan to devote some time to more 3D tutorials.

We'll get more whimsy in the world - they can not stop us!

Note to self.

This is an old model of a toy wagon that I created and animated in Carrara.  I plan to rig it for use in Studio.  Learning exercise.

dio wagon screenshot for rigging hard surface.jpg
    903 x 800 - 119K
  • Still following your thread! Curious to see how you rig it.

And awaiting to see what you do with ZBrush!

Thanks for your interest.  I will be working on a ZBrush figure in the coming weeks.  We'll see if I can get anything worth sharing.  

For hard surface stuff, I did rig a room with doors that open.  Forget where i saved it.  blush

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 16,487

Thanks for this, Diomede!

I do use Daz Studio a bit as a utility tool for Carrara, but am always wanting to dig deeper into it and use it a lot more. That tutorial by Esha you posted looks perfect for me. I'd also like to get some that go even deeper after I finish that one.

So I sit down, intent to get acquainted with Daz Studio more for what it is than how I use it when, without even thinking about it I open Carrara and just get to work - and loving the whole experience! What is it they say about old dogs and new tricks?

After just reading through this a bit, I had forgotten how deeply I was gettin g into Carrara's 3D Paint before my computer died. I have all of Ringo and GKDants' extra brushes and will be grabbing MAT Creator's soon too, since they look so cool! I was working on a sci-fi construction kit sort of EnvironKits for Carrara and using 3D Paint to begin the texturing process and was having an utter blast with it!

Appreciate the discussion, Dart.  You are an inspiration.  I still use Carrrara 3D paint to create opacity masks for Daz Studio geoshells.  Lots of ways the programs are plugins for each other.

I came across a very useful ZBrush reference video so I am posting here.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing that!

edited October 21

Thanks, Dart.  I am really strugging to learn the ZBrush interface but I think it will be worth the blood, sweat and tears.  

My latest effort = ugh.  sad

bbb01 another try 01.jpg
    606 x 717 - 53K
    bbb02 another try 02.jpg
    773 x 793 - 87K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 1,918
    edited October 22

It looks very promissingyes

Maybe my efforts to sculpt and remesh in ZBrush will be of interest to you:

Post edited by Vyusur on

Thank you, Veronika.  As always, very inspiring!  I gave you a like and subscribed.  yes

I wish I was as comfortable adopting the tools.  My biggest current problem is that when I select a brush or adjust the settings of a brush and then apply to a model, the result is still not what I intend.  After I get better with the interface and tools, then my biggest problem will be that what I am trying to do is not a good idea.  wink

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 1,918

Thank you for your interest. Over time, you will have your favorite brushes that will do what you need.

This is a pic of a statue that I might use as inspiration.

Temperance Statue.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    edited 3:37PM

A work in progress for my ZBrush spaceship practice project.  I plan to add 3 cockpits in the 'head,' laser canons in the tips of the 'legs.' jet thrusters in the tail, and a long tubular main cabin along the top of the spine.  After I add those accessories and remesh, I will port to Substance Painter.  If it works out OK, I will offer it as a freebie.

aa01 spaceship hull.jpg
    1736 x 914 - 243K
    aa02 spaceship rear engine slots.jpg
    840 x 588 - 41K
    Post edited by Diomede at
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 28,519

I thought it was a dragon blush

still considerably better than what I could do in Zbrush for a year yes

Very cool, Diomede! Very organic!