Transferring Morphs from Genesis to G2M/G2F and from G2M/G2F to Genesis (Now with Clones!)

Comments

• Hello again!

Thank you for responding so quickly again! :D You all are so wonderful on here!

So parenting the hair to the head without auto-fitting it to G3F, and then just adjusting it to fit should work? I've never really tried that sort of thing, always relied on the auto-fit. I suppose I'm spoiled huh? Well...I suppose I have used adjustments, just not really with hair. Mainly on clothing. I'll have to try this and see how it goes.

I am very grateful that you are writing this tutorial for me Kattey. It really is a God send. I take it that a merged morph is a single morph of Lady Quantum that is just a single dial of her that would then be on the G2F, and then the G3F? I also don't understand the purchased or manually made statement above. Is there something else I need to buy? Is there a way to put all the seperate morphs onto the G2F and G3F, or is that too complicated?

Answer to your question: Yes, I have already purchased the http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s product. I didn't really like how the smoothers worked for the chest area, but it's better than nothing I suppose. :D I think the new Supersuit (Eclipse Suit) that they introduced with Karen 7 is really nice looking, and am already looking at adapting Lady Quantum's suit texture to work on that suit for G3F. :)

Thank you again for your help.

Lots of hugs,

Kaimetsuo aka Lady Quantum

• This thread is awesome. Thanks a lot. This should really be a sticky thread.

If someone made a script to automate this stuff would be even more awesome.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited August 2015
    Kaimetsuo said:

I am very grateful that you are writing this tutorial for me Kattey. It really is a God send. I take it that a merged morph is a single morph of Lady Quantum that is just a single dial of her that would then be on the G2F, and then the G3F?

It can be done for separate morphs as well but it will take a _really_ long time in that case. I'll write the tutorial for merged morph but you can follow the same procedure to transfer all individual morphs one by one if you wish so. The route is the same and small details can be ironed out in discussions here. As you have http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s product, I can most probably make a tutorial for V4 to G3F direct transfer. All I need for target figure is to have a precise V4 shape somehow available.
    I also don't understand the purchased or manually made statement above. Is there something else I need to buy? Is there a way to put all the seperate morphs onto the G2F and G3F, or is that too complicated?
    Sometimes, if you have a certain product, transfers become much easier than if you don't. Sometimes certain extra product is required for transfer like for Millenium 3 custom morphs to transfer to Genesis and further you need at least some of Iconic Mil 3 Morphs for Genesis from the store. This thread is DIY for people who don't wish to buy GenX due whatever reason, but sometimes smaller expense is ok.

Answer to your question: Yes, I have already purchased the http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s product. I didn't really like how the smoothers worked for the chest area,

All I need from that product is to have V4 clone shape, and autofit does exactly that although clone might not be precise. Can you load default G3F, dial V4 clone from this product (it should be in Hidden/Clones) and compare it to default V4 shape from original V4 difure? Is clone have the same face as V4, for example?
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • Hello again!

I went in to try and load up a G3F and load the V4 clone as you asked. I loaded the G3F, went into Hidden, but there was no clone section, just the Massive joints section. I'm apparently missing something. :(

Lots of hugs,

~Lady Quantum

P.S. Included is a Screenshot of what I have showing in my Hidden section.

Screenshot1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 703K
    edited August 2015
    In Paramethers, right-click on Parameters tab label. There should be drop down menu – see if you have Show Hidden Properties checked or not. If not checked, check it and see if you can find Hidden/Clones now and V4 morph in it.
    HiddenProperties.jpg
    1357 x 932 - 229K
    HiddenProperties.jpg
    1357 x 932 - 229K
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • Hello again! :)

Okay, I found what you were talking about, but it was the menu to the right of the tabs in that section that altered what was in the Parameters and showed me the extra Hidden information. :) Good to know for others that might be following along. ;)

Once I opened up that information that you wanted and unlocked those hidden morphs, there were a whole bunch of them that were semi-greyed out. I found the V4 one and applyed it to the G3F model, then loaded a V4.2 model to see if the two were sympatico. I'm posting pictures with the results, but the only thing that appears to be off about it are the feet. The face seems to be fine from what I can tell, though the lips kind of push through just a bit.

Tell me what you think

Lots of hugs,

~Lady Quantum

P.S. Included images of head/shoulders V4 overlayed on top of the G3F. There is some poke through, but not much as you can see. Will do another post to show other pictures.

Screenshot3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 806K
    Screenshot4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 833K
  • Hello again!

Here are the other pictures that I took regarding the V4 overlaying the G3F.

Screenshot2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 824K
    Screenshot5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 802K
    Screenshot6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 793K
    Thank you, this is good to know. In this case I probably can make a tutorial for V4 to G3F direct transfer.
  • Yay! :D Glad to be of help! And thank YOU for all you are doing! *hugs*

• Hello again!

I was messing around with the feet trying to match them up and I got the G3F's feet to line up fairly well with V4's feet. I'm not sure if that's what I should be doing, but I figured that if I'm trying to make a V4 clone that I should be making G3 look more like V4, so that's what I tried going with the feet by positioning them closer to what V4's looked like. Included is a picture of what I got them to line up to. A bit of messing around with the bending and side to side had them close, along with scaling the feet. Apparently the G3F's feet are bigger than V4's, go figure. *shrug*

Hope this helps!

Lots of hugs,

~Lady Quantum

P.S. If you need the dial movements that I used to get them moved to this, just let me know. :)

Screenshot7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 630K
    This is a very useful thing to have (in relation of V4 feet). Sorry I haven't done the tutorial yet, I hope to finish by today's evening or tomorrow morning.
  • No need to be sorry at all Katey! :) Thank you for even doing this! It's wonderful of you to take time to write a tutorial for me and others. *hugs* If there's something that I can do to help (me being a novice and all) just let me know, and I'll do it right away! :D

~Lady Quantum

• timnaastimnaas Posts: 119

Has anybody figured out how to correct the eyes, mainly the eye lids. I've noticed with both transfering g2f female morphs and creating custom charaters morphs with Genesis3Females and loading them with the morph loader pro. It seems that the upper eye lid does not follow the eye corrrectly. In otherwords, If she looks left, the upper lids go right and visa-versa. Same if she looks up or down. Looks down and the upper lids go up, look up and the uppers go down. I'ved messed around with the xyz rotation of the bones, but I must be missing something.

Has anybody figured out how to correct the eyes, mainly the eye lids. I've noticed with both transfering g2f female morphs and creating custom charaters morphs with Genesis3Females and loading them with the morph loader pro. It seems that the upper eye lid does not follow the eye corrrectly. In otherwords, If she looks left, the upper lids go right and visa-versa. Same if she looks up or down. Looks down and the upper lids go up, look up and the uppers go down. I'ved messed around with the xyz rotation of the bones, but I must be missing something.

It is a known issue (several pages back there are discussions about it). It is happening because either by negligence or intention, G2F clone in G3F figure isn't precise in head area, so the more drastic the head morph is the more distortion is. I've mostly fixed that problem by fixing the G2F clone itself and using it as a base.
  • timnaastimnaas Posts: 119

OK, so what's the best fix. I have notice, If I pull the lid center points out in the opposide direction (front of face) that takes care of that,But not sure how that will act when blending characters. If you follow what I mean.

And thanks for the reply and any addtional info that you can provide

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    Kattey said:

Hello! Couldn’t anyone here explain me how to make an autofit clone of Genesis 3 Female (G3F) for Genesis 2 Female?

The method works on retro clones as well, only you need to conform G2F obj shell to G3F figure.
    The way I'd do it would be following.

1. Make sure that Shown Hidden Properties option in Parameters is checked.
    2. Load fresh G2F and zero it. Set Resolution level to Base and Subdivision Level to zero.
    3. Export it as obj, File -> Export. I usually use Hexagon scale, 100%, with everything (except Ignore Invisible Nodes) unchecked.
    The scale could be any, but it should be consistent for Export and Import (100% inches, or mm, or cm, etc)
    Name the file something like G2F Base LR.obj

4. Clear up the scene and load G3F, zero it.
    5. Find in Hidden/Clones the clone of G2F and dial it 100%
    6. Import the G2F Base LR.obj into scene, it should pretty much overlap with morphed G3F figure.

7. Open Transfer Utility, use G3F base figure as a source, and G2F Base LR.obj as a target.
    Under Source options use Item Shape _current_, it is important.
    Also, in Transfer Utility, press Show Option. Leave Weight Maps, Selection Maps, Face Groups, Region Groups as they are. I usually uncheck everything under Morphs. Leave Surface Groups and Replace Source with Target unchecked.

Important thing is to check Reverse Source Shape from the target option.

Fit new conforming G2F to G3F like clothes. Don’t add any smoothing modifiers or Sub-D.

8. In G3F dial clone shape back to 0% so it is in default shape (zero command won't work on clones). G2F conformer should automatically follow it and assume G3F default shape as well; inner mouth region is often giving troubles in transfer, please be aware of that.

9. Make G3F figure invisible. Export the G2F morphed figure as obj, for example, G2F G3F Clone.obj – pay attention that your export scale and options are the same as import ones.(on Export, ignore invisible nodes must be checked)

Do not save anything except that obj.

10. Clean the scene, load new G2F figure, zero it.
    11. Start Morph Loader Pro, and chose your G2F G3F Clone.obj as a Morph File.
    set Reverse Deformation should be set to ‘no'; and Property Group should be set to Hidden/Clones (it will help you later).
    Name it something like G3F Clone

12. You don't have to do ERC freeze and skeleton adjustment on clones.

13. To save your morph zero your figure (so no morphs are dialed anything above 0 and check so your Genesis 3 Female clone is also zero)
    Go to File -> Save As -> Support Asset(s) -> Morph Asset(s). Find your morph under Genesis 2 Female in a group you put it in (like Actor, Morphs, etc) and check it on.
    Put something in Vendor Name (say, RetroClones). I usually leave Product Name empty.
    Do not compress files.

14. I do this step manually because I don't have CMS installed but some people seem to be able to do it from within the DS.
    Idea is that you need to set morph shape as a clone shape instead.

To do it manually, you'd need a plain text editor which supports parsed text. I use one called Bred3, but there are numerous others. Classic Windows Notepad won't probably work and neither Wordpad or MS Word.

15. Go to your DS content where you have G2F installed, find data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/RetroClones folder
    There should be a dsf file with name G3F Clone.dsf
    (If you compressed it, and it looks like gibberish, add *.zip at the end and unzip as a regular zip file, and replace the compressed *.dsf)

16. Open that file with your parsing text editor.

find Line 20 (it should be under under "presentation" : { line)
    it probably looks like that "type" : "Modifier/Shape",
    change it to "type" : "Modifier/Clone",
    (don't forget the commas)

check that line 39 looks like that
    "group" : "/Hidden/Clones",
    if not, change it to "group" : "/Hidden/Clones",
    if yes, save the file under the same name

17. Go back to DS and load fresh G2F. Try to conform G3F things to her. High-heel boots won't probably work anyway.

There are faster and/or different ways which work better for some people. In this very thread there are many useful advices.

I'm happy to report this seemed to work pretty wel, with only minnimum hair pulling.  The term is used though often "Load fresh G2F and zero it. "...I didn't understand that.zero what? Isn't it by nature set to 0?

. The boots didn't really transfer but that's expected.

This is the first time I've treid doing something like this. I'm wondering if you could make a clone designed for heeled boots...maybe with the foot in the position already needed? That I haven't heard about someone doing that, I guess it wouldn't work..

clones.jpg
    1129 x 1165 - 306K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Scavenger said:

I'm happy to report this seemed to work pretty wel, with only minnimum hair pulling.  The term is used though often "Load fresh G2F and zero it. "...I didn't understand that.zero what? Isn't it by nature set to 0?

. The boots didn't really transfer but that's expected.

This is the first time I've treid doing something like this. I'm wondering if you could make a clone designed for heeled boots...maybe with the foot in the position already needed? That I haven't heard about someone doing that, I guess it wouldn't work..

No, the default load pose/position/everything is NOT the zero position.  Select  G2F in the scene tab, flip over to the Parameters, click on the little lined paper looking dialog box (the Parameter's one) then scroll down to Zero > Zero Figure.

• Hey there! :)

I see from above that Scavenger has a kind of Step-by-step for G2F to G3F from Kattey, so I thought I'd go ahead and see if that worked for V4 to G3F. :D I know I'm a noob at this, but at least I'm an enthusiastic noob. ;) Anyway, I'm going to include pictures so that if anyone has questions it might help them.

This first one is for Steps 1 and 2 above.

Lots of hugs,

~Lady-Quantum

Screenshot9.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 613K
  • KaimetsuoKaimetsuo Posts: 48
    edited August 2015

Hey there! :)

Step 3 coming at you!

I was a bit confused by this one, but it said everything unchecked but the Ignore Invisible Nodes, so that's what I did. Don't forget to choose Hexagon (1 unit = 1 cm) before changing anything. Then it will change to Custom up at the top.

Screenshot10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 607K
    Post edited by Kaimetsuo on

Step 4 and 5, a Zeroed G3 with the hidden V4 morph turned up to 100%. I didn't even know there was a hidden V4 morph till Kattey told me about it, but there it was! :D (For that matter I didn't even know about being able to see the hidden Parameters till she told me about it.) So...another Pic! A bit of an observation. When you Zero the G3F, her feet remain flat, like she is meant to remain flat footed in the zeroed pose, but when you put the V4 hidden morph, she goes into the hanging feet automatically.

One thing that I need to ask is, on the V4 when it is being changed into an .obj it is made sure that it is put into a Base Resolution, and the SubD is set to 0. Nothing is said about that for the G3F, so I assume nothing like that is done for it, correct?

Lots of hugs,

~Lady-Quantum

Screenshot11.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 703K
  • Hey there!

Step 6 is a bit of an involved one, so I'm including more pictures. This really does end up looking like the G3F has some kind of mercury bath or something. :D

Lots of hugs,

~Lady-Quantum

Screenshot12.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 553K
    Screenshot13.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 566K
    Screenshot14.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 539K

Step 7 is a bit of a long one, and can be kind of hard to figure out. Some of the things said (written) aren't displayed unless you click on them, so don't be afraid to click on the options to see what shows up. As long as you don't click accept down at the bottom, you are okay. ;) I've included pictures again so you can find where the Transfer Utility is (Under Edit > Figure > Transfer Utility while you have the G3F clicked in the Scene Tab.) and then one with (hopefully) the options necessary to continue on with the process. Guess we'll see huh? :D

Lots of hugs,

~Lady-Quantum

Screenshot16.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 775K
    Screenshot15.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 735K
  • KaimetsuoKaimetsuo Posts: 48
    edited August 2015

Hey there! :)

Well, so far it's working! The Clone appears to have the shape of the G3F after the transfer! I've gone ahead and done step 8 and 9, and saved this new one as an object in the G3F shape, now to see what happens! Yay! :D

Picture!

Lots of hugs,

~Lady-Quantum

Screenshot17.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 526K
    Post edited by Kaimetsuo on
  • Hey there!

Well folks...I've hit a snag. Sorry to say, but things were going well, and now I'm stuck. Here's the situation:

The instructions say:

10. Clean the scene, load new G2F figure, zero it.

Since I'm doing this for V4 instead of G2F, I load up a V4 and Zero it, that's not a problem. The problem comes in this next part.

11. Start Morph Loader Pro, and chose your G2F G3F Clone.obj as a Morph File.
    set Reverse Deformation should be set to ‘no'; and Property Group should be set to Hidden/Clones (it will help you later).

Okay, so first off, there isn't anything in the Morph Loader Pro with Reverse Deformation on it. Second, there isn't anything in the Property Group saying Hidden/Clones. I'm assuming that you mean "All Group/Bone Matches in Figure" rather than the other choices that seem to limit the amount of things you get to things that are specificly clicked on (nodes), or Vertex. Granted, I'm kind of stumbling through this, but if it's not there, it's not there.

Also, you are saying, "Name it something like G3F Clone". As far as I can tell, there isn't any way to name it anything. Once you have what you want in there, you click accept and it puts the morph on the model. Bing, bang, boom. Unless you are talking about saving what you are doing as a preset, which that's fine, except that option was greyed out for me for most all of the process.

Now, here comes the snag...

Where the heck is it putting the morph??? There is a billion and one morphs on the silly V4 because we're seeing hidden ones at this point. You'd think there would be a hidden label or some other section for all these things, but no, they are all under a "morph" section along with DForms under Imported. I've looked all through a list that is a mile long looking for one that is the name that it says that it has created (V4 G3F Clone) but I'm unable to find that particular morph in order to make sure that it is zeroed out and be able to move on to the next step. Even used the search, and it found nothing. (Well, something, but not the right thing.)

So folks, I managed to make it to Step 10 before I needed some help. Not too bad for a noob. :D I'll go ahead and post the pictures for this part, and then I'm heading to bed for some much needed sleep. Hope this is helping people, and I'll continue tomorrow if I get some answers from the people that know what they are doing. :D

Lots of hugs,

~Lady-Quantum

Screenshot18.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 694K
    Screenshot19.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 746K
    Screenshot20.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 629K
  • After some trial and error (because I only wanted the head shape), I was able to get Kattey's technique to work and all is good…except the teeth, which are dreadful. Is there a way to target a morph to avoid the teeth/mouth? Or to make it appear in a particular shaping area? I have a nose morph I modeled and I'd like it to show up in the nose tab, but I don't know how to do that.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

After some trial and error (because I only wanted the head shape), I was able to get Kattey's technique to work and all is good…except the teeth, which are dreadful. Is there a way to target a morph to avoid the teeth/mouth? Or to make it appear in a particular shaping area? I have a nose morph I modeled and I'd like it to show up in the nose tab, but I don't know how to do that.

Which are you transferring from and which are transferring to?

Did you make sure that things were zeroed out?  If you are transferring to G3F...was Mouth Realism HD zeroed out?

• mjc1016 said:

Did you make sure that things were zeroed out?  If you are transferring to G3F...was Mouth Realism HD zeroed out?

Oh, that's it! I wouldn't have expected "Mouth Realism" to mean dental malady from hell, but… :p 

Thanks

• mjc1016 said:

Oh, that's it! I wouldn't have expected "Mouth Realism" to mean dental malady from hell, but… :p 

Thanks

Navel is also on by default.

• Okay, haven't heard anything in response to what I posted in a while. Also haven't heard back from Kattey about that tutorial she was working on. Have I just missed it in a different thread?

Lots of hugs,

~Lady Quantum

• How can I get Flipmode's "FM Muscle Flexing for Genesis 2 Female(s)" working for Genesis 2 Males?

I have tried this procedure,

1)  Copy "FM Muscle Flex" folder and its files to data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/Flipmode/FM Muscle Flex

2)  Zipped each and every one of the 33 dsf file.

3)  Unzipped each and every one of those dsf files, and then, used Notepad++ to find all "Female" words and replace them with "Male".

and I don't see the dsf in the Pose Controls of any Genesis 2 Male figures.