Star Trek Builders Unite 4 : In a Runtime Darkly!

Comments

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    Battle Scars - playing with grimenator for studio
    Announcer: "Sears Vinyl Siding™ would've prevented your ship from looking like this...."
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Something some of you might find intresting :

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/gallery/44098653

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Some more ideas.

Cassy_Quarters.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 342K
    Antares_fly.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 397K
    Metaluna_fly.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 344K
  • NVent3dNVent3d Posts: 113
    edited June 2013

Hey guys, been a way for a bit. I have recently began trying to learn to make clothing for daz studio. Thought i would share my first nearly finished piece.

Edited to show a bit more progress.

mirror_jacket_all_3_depts.png
    576 x 533 - 205K
    mu_commanders_jacket2.png
    480 x 444 - 186K
    Post edited by NVent3d on
    edited December 1969

Uploaded my model of the Amok Time arena to my DA gallery for those that might be intrested:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/Amok-Time-Arena-Obj-and-mtl-files-376699664

Like the Guardian of Forever, this has been available at Excalibur Productions for several years, but I wanted to give it more exposure.

Amok_Time_Arena.jpg
    950 x 1416 - 211K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Very nice looking arena and also the outfit looks nice also, guys :)

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    Very nice looking arena and also the outfit looks nice also, guys :)

Thank you. The Arena was one of the first models I ever built- over 5 years ago. I got lucky out of the gate.

edited June 2013

Anyone got time to do some UV mapping? I got this beast built, but I can't seem to get the map to work out. I want to be able to put a ship's name on it like the TV show.

Ships_disaster_beacon_reimagined.jpg
    1253 x 873 - 98K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if jwn3d is still active over at Foundation 3D? He's never answered my PM about the TMP Engine room. It's starting to sound like Wertz all over again except that jwn3d's models are still up.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited June 2013

mdbruffy said:
    Does anyone know if jwn3d is still active over at Foundation 3D? He's never answered my PM about the TMP Engine room. It's starting to sound like Wertz all over again except that jwn3d's models are still up.

I haven't heard from him or others that would know of him ... even tried another email address I found on one of his images. Brazil was hit pretty bad by the earthquakes, I'm hoping he's okay.

Yes I can "try" to uvmap that item for you. You have my email.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

I haven't heard from him or others that would know of him ... even tried another email address I found on one of his images. Brazil was hit pretty bad by the earthquakes, I'm hoping he's okay.

Okay. I'll send it out. Thanks.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Okay. I'll send it out. Thanks.

Got it.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Well I finally have internet again.

New job location didn't have cable, internet or phones where I'm staying. All better now.

So here are some....I'M BAAAAAaaack! Images.

Sorry I don't have permission to share the files. the one horseshoe image is in max format and a work still in progress to get all the textures ironed out. Also this ship is a freaking BEAST! Look at the double runway's for the two hanger bays and size of windows all over this ship. Makes me wonder if 1701-E is smaller?

The other is a conversion from Bridge commander. procedures and programs for the conversion are on the first page of the forum.

-Paul

New_Obannon.jpg
    900 x 720 - 231K
    Rainier.jpg
    900 x 720 - 336K
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Well I finally have internet again.

New job location didn't have cable, internet or phones where I'm staying. All better now.

So here are some....I'M BAAAAAaaack! Images.

Sorry I don't have permission to share the files. the one horseshoe image is in max format and a work still in progress to get all the textures ironed out. Also this ship is a freaking BEAST! Look at the double runway's for the two hanger bays and size of windows all over this ship. Makes me wonder if 1701-E is smaller?

The other is a conversion from Bridge commander. procedures and programs for the conversion are on the first page of the forum.

-Paul

First, Welcome Back!
    Second, it looks like your Horseshoe might be the same scale as the 1701-E, but it definately looks taller.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

I'll give him the rest of next week to respond. If I don't hear from him by then, I'll post my verison and make sure he gets credit.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

I'll give him the rest of next week to respond. If I don't hear from him by then, I'll post my verison and make sure he gets credit.

Okay by me. I know that there's something of a permission granted with conditions from the source website however they haven't been answering emails either. So very helpful. sigh ...

Okay ... here you go ... next installment ....

BioBed props [14 of 'em]

BioBedSet.png
    1000 x 957 - 583K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Okay by me. I know that there's something of a permission granted with conditions from the source website however they haven't been answering emails either. So very helpful. sigh ...

BioBed props [14 of 'em]

Looking very, very good!

edited December 1969

More ships. These one's will be making an appearance in my MU series books in the future.

The first two were found on the Bridge Commander website and converted with various programs. Photoshop was required for the ambient light settings. But all in all, there are an easy batch to convert and work with.

fleet.jpg
    900 x 720 - 367K
    titan-2.jpg
    900 x 720 - 363K
    tatianna.jpg
    900 x 720 - 374K
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    More ships. These one's will be making an appearance in my MU series books in the future.

The first two were found on the Bridge Commander website and converted with various programs. Photoshop was required for the ambient light settings. But all in all, there are an easy batch to convert and work with.

The one good thing about converted game mods- other than giving you an amount of variation you'd never find anywhere else- is the fact that they make very light models that are very easy on your art programs- whichever ones you use.

edited December 1969

I convert Bridge Commander models on a regular basis, I use nifscope, then poseray - in poseray I can get the textures to a bit higher rez but for the most part they are still low rez - anyone know a better way to convert the textures to get higher rez's?

like this Tal Shiar Hawk Scout

talshiarhawkscout-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 63K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    PDSmith said:

The one good thing about converted game mods- other than giving you an amount of variation you'd never find anywhere else- is the fact that they make very light models that are very easy on your art programs- whichever ones you use.

true for all but the horse shoe ship in this case. I weighs in at 101Mb for the obj alone (Max format). I still have time left on the 30day trial to see about reducing the size. As for the others they are at 6mb for obj and textures. it's a breeze. All ships are to scale based on the windows on the main hulls. Next image will be of Big E compared to them.

Since at some point in the books they will all meet....and possibly be destroyed.

*Spoilers* (Come on I know you all heard her say it in your head!)

Till next image.

-Paul

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    I convert Bridge Commander models on a regular basis, I use nifscope, then poseray - in poseray I can get the textures to a bit higher rez but for the most part they are still low rez - anyone know a better way to convert the textures to get higher rez's?

like this Tal Shiar Hawk Scout

Other than use photoshop or in my case I use an older program called Polyview. It does batch conversion as well as size conversions.

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    mdbruffy said:
    PDSmith said:

true for all but the horse shoe ship in this case. I weighs in at 101Mb for the obj alone (Max format). I still have time left on the 30day trial to see about reducing the size. As for the others they are at 6mb for obj and textures. it's a breeze. All ships are to scale based on the windows on the main hulls. Next image will be of Big E compared to them.

Since at some point in the books they will all meet....and possibly be destroyed.

*Spoilers* (Come on I know you all heard her say it in your head!)

Till next image.

-Paul

I know that "A Tale of Two Captains" would have been a lot harder to pull off without them.

edited December 1969

Uss Titan - upped the res of the textures to 3000x3000x300 in Photoshop CS5

thanks to PDSmith for pointing the way to this model - somehow missed it at BC.

luna-1-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 153K
    edited December 1969

I like that Horseshoe Ship!

Don't know if this will work on any .obj file or just with some of the quirky ones Hexagon dreams up ... but I found importing an .obj into D/S4.5 and turn around exporting it back out as an .obj produces a smaller .obj file. No discernible difference as to whatever it is that is no longer.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

BioBed props [14 of 'em]

Looking very, very good!

Thank you.

Possibly tomorrow I'll be remaking a few of the props such as the blanket into 'zeroed' items [that will load at world centre] so they can be more easily repositioned.

Not working with too many reference images here ... however be it with more pillows, morphed mattresses or 'somehow' ... yes I will get something set up for patients that desire to sit up.

There is one or possibly two more bed types that might get done. And of course an office and individual patient rooms ... for another day.

edited December 1969

Don't know if this will work on any .obj file or just with some of the quirky ones Hexagon dreams up ... but I found importing an .obj into D/S4.5 and turn around exporting it back out as an .obj produces a smaller .obj file. No discernible difference as to whatever it is that is no longer.

Jumped on that idea the second I saw it.

:-(

zero effect.

Guess when the ships info in D|S says it has 842,275 triangulated faces and 21 nodes may be of some significance.

It was a fantastic idea, and dang I wished it worked.

Thank you.

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

Jumped on that idea the second I saw it.

:-(

zero effect.

Guess when the ships info in D|S says it has 842,275 triangulated faces and 21 nodes may be of some significance.

It was a fantastic idea, and dang I wished it worked.

Thank you.

oh that's the problem! D/S does not like triangles. In Max as you're exporting it, 'everytime' one has to check and verify that the option for, quads not triangles, is selected. Try that.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the help Catherine, but it's a dud. same file size through and through. it's stuck at 101mb. Oh well moving on.

And a small treat from one of the novels I'm working through. (everyone's favourite jerk...Terry; just watching events unfold between admiral and captain.)

As for the renders and working on three novels, it just depends on the mood I'm in and which computer is open. The Luxrender novel images take both computers so I can dedicate all 12 processors to rendering. Half way through that one.

This image is from the final installment of the Virus Saga as written by myself and GeorgeHaze.(who has been pretty silent these past few months.)

Enjoy and thanks for the help.

-Paul

Frame_36-5.jpg
    800 x 428 - 168K
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Thanks for the help Catherine, but it's a dud. same file size through and through. it's stuck at 101mb. Oh well moving on.

And a small treat from one of the novels I'm working through. (everyone's favourite jerk...Terry; just watching events unfold between admiral and captain.)

As for the renders and working on three novels, it just depends on the mood I'm in and which computer is open. The Luxrender novel images take both computers so I can dedicate all 12 processors to rendering. Half way through that one.

This image is from the final installment of the Virus Saga as written by myself and GeorgeHaze.(who has been pretty silent these past few months.)

Enjoy and thanks for the help.

-Paul

Oh well ... without seeing the file myself not much more I can think to try. I do remember downloading one huge file [took like 5 tries to get it] and it turned out to be about 20mb of mesh and 200mb of pictures.

re the render ... hmmm .... call the doctor in fast and get those 2 sedated. "behaviour unbecoming" [I think that's the term].

Speaking of which in TMP Captain Kirk takes over as "...." Never could catch that phrase, as 'what'? [we know he's booting Decker off the post].

This discussion has been closed.