Star Trek Builders Unite 4 : In a Runtime Darkly!

Comments

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited June 2013

PDSmith said:
    MotoTsume said:
    Here is page 11 of my Graphic Novella

and link to DeviantArt page with the novella - http://mototsume.deviantart.com/gallery/41147901

I noticed it isn't in the list on page one of this thread - guess only complete novels are there :) , which is fine as I have only a vague
    idea where this story is heading LOL

I will get with roy and see about fixing that. Do you have the series in a seperate gallery folder. I recall someone had a series also but had it mixed in with all the other random images that person had done and it would appear as an advert for their entire gallery and not the story itself.

I was meaning to ask that person to consolidate them into a seperate folder but never got around to asking. Wasn't you was it?

If not, to whom ever it was, let me know and I'll work with roy in getting it updated to the list.

-Paul

Nope wasn't me, that link in my post is to folder of the Novella

Once it is done, which i figure is about 8 to 10 more pages roughly give or take an unknown amount of pages LOL - i will be turning them in
    to one consolidated PDF book - but that is down the road a ways :)

Post edited by MotoTsume on
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited June 2013

MotoTsume said:
    PDSmith said:
    MotoTsume said:
    Here is page 11 of my Graphic Novella

and link to DeviantArt page with the novella - http://mototsume.deviantart.com/gallery/41147901

I noticed it isn't in the list on page one of this thread - guess only complete novels are there :) , which is fine as I have only a vague
    idea where this story is heading LOL

I will get with roy and see about fixing that. Do you have the series in a seperate gallery folder. I recall someone had a series also but had it mixed in with all the other random images that person had done and it would appear as an advert for their entire gallery and not the story itself.

I was meaning to ask that person to consolidate them into a seperate folder but never got around to asking. Wasn't you was it?

If not, to whom ever it was, let me know and I'll work with roy in getting it updated to the list.

-Paul

Nope wasn't me, that link in my post is to folder of the Novella

You answered before I could update with the fact I don't dare go to DA while at work. Thanks.

-Paul

Post edited by PDSmith on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

Freebies posted and added to the list.

New Graphic novel artist added to the list of 3d story tellers.

I promise to be more diligent in keeping the list updated.

edited December 1969

Render of a Romulan Veles Class frigate

veles-frigate-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 179K
    edited December 1969

Well it has been a little bit since i stirred everyone up with the Andorian Antenna jewelry, so I figured I would see what it would look like if Starship Captains were allowed to add nose art to their ships like WWII pilots were allowed too. I am curious to see what you all think of this idea.

**DISCLAIMER** I used this version of the Enterprise simply as a test since it has that hot rod and beefy military feel to it. It was NOT picked to stir up discontent or to start a flame fest!

Starship_Nose_Art.jpg
    1200 x 758 - 414K
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Here is something that I have been playing around with thanks to Paul's help. It is the Loknar class Frigate USS Phobos being ambushed by a three ship Klingon raiding party. I am going to look at giving her a Mirror Universe make over as well when I get time.

Here is a link to the larger image on my DA page. http://fav.me/d68lynq

nice design, any other angles?

Here you go Tim.

I call this one "In the shadow of Enterprise"

In_the_shadow_of_Enterprise-small.jpg
    1200 x 758 - 639K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Well it has been a little bit since i stirred everyone up with the Andorian Antenna jewelry, so I figured I would see what it would look like if Starship Captains were allowed to add nose art to their ships like WWII pilots were allowed too. I am curious to see what you all think of this idea.

**DISCLAIMER** I used this version of the Enterprise simply as a test since it has that hot rod and beefy military feel to it. It was NOT picked to stir up discontent or to start a flame fest!

Well I would think that unless said ship was carrying a whole lot of women wearing harnesses, it would sending the wrong message to those they encountered.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Anyone know where I can find a good tradtional chess set for Poser? I'd like a wood grain style, but I'll take what I can. Foundation 3D had 2 but in both cases the files were bad.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited June 2013

mdbruffy said:
    Anyone know where I can find a good tradtional chess set for Poser? I'd like a wood grain style, but I'll take what I can. Foundation 3D had 2 but in both cases the files were bad.

If you're in the Platinum Club, you can get "Giant Chess" here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8880/
    Despite the name, you can use it as a normal chess set. Or you can keep it as a giant chess set and have shuttlecraft fly between the pieces... :)
    Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    mdbruffy said:

Despite the name, you can use it as a normal chess set. Or you can keep it as a giant chess set and have shuttlecraft fly between the pieces... :)

I've clicked on this link 4 times and 4 times it's taken me to "My Dashboard" ! :-(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    robkelk said:
    mdbruffy said:

I've clicked on this link 4 times and 4 times it's taken me to "My Dashboard" ! :-(

It's only visible to PC members.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    robkelk said:
    mdbruffy said:

I have tried answering thjis post twice now and both times, I've clicked on "Submit post" and I've been sent to that )%^*(^%$ Dashboard!!

How do I decide if I want to be a PC memeber if I can't see the products??

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    robkelk said:
    mdbruffy said:

I have tried answering thjis post twice now and both times, I've clicked on "Submit post" and I've been sent to that )%^*(^%$ Dashboard!!

I think I can get away with sharing the promo image...

DAZPClub_GiantChess.jpg
    192 x 250 - 10K
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    robkelk said:
    mdbruffy said:

I think I can get away with sharing the promo image...

Well, I thank you for doing that- even though you shouldn't have had to. But, I went and found a neat one at the Sketch-up warehouse:

Tri-chess.jpg
    1276 x 873 - 230K
    edited December 1969

That is a neat tri-chess board!

Sharecg.com seems rather slow tonight [like nothing is downloading atm] but there are a couple of sets there:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/48981/

http://www.sharecg.com/v/25018/gallery/5/3D-Model/Chess-Set

edited December 1969

Sharecg.com seems rather slow tonight [like nothing is downloading atm] but there are a couple of sets there:

I know Foundation 3D isn't too hot tonight either. I tried to download 2 zip files from there and both came out bad. Do they know their site's having problems?

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

I know Foundation 3D isn't too hot tonight either. I tried to download 2 zip files from there and both came out bad. Do they know their site's having problems?

Yes I think so but I don't know if they realize the scope ... or maybe they do and it's even worse???? No replies to emails ... they used to reply fast. They were running some kind of a system back up at nights which was choking their site ... supposedly they figured that out but since then has been even worse as you've noticed. It took me about 5 tries to get 1 valid file that was over 200 mb in size. [that's a frustrating waste of everybody's bandwidth] I had to stay on the one page and do absolutely nothing ... and it was sooooo sloooow. Turned out to be a small ship with HUGE images. But I got it! :-)

edited June 2013

Okay the slanted bed .cr2 and also as a .pp2 is created. Will package and upload it sometime later on.

SolidVersions_Too.jpg
    1000 x 829 - 94K
    Promo1.jpg
    1000 x 882 - 68K
    asitloads.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 99K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Okay the slanted bed .cr2 and also as a .pp2 is created. Will package and upload it sometime later on.

Looks good!

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,810
    edited December 1969
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Was that pre ToS bridge set get finished yet?

edited December 1969

13 mb averaging in at 20 kb/sec ... good grief. If ever they wonder why they don't do more business ...

well now ... do I send everybody to a store?! geez ... my stuff is still FREE ... actually "priceless" might be a better term.

btw - the bridge set loads and except for the usual program differences with regards to lights, works fine in D/S4.5

edited December 1969

Patience55 I have added your Slanted Bed to the freebies list using your DA account link, looks like an amazing piece of work as always. Thank you for the freebie.

edited December 1969

Patience55 I have added your Slanted Bed to the freebies list using your DA account link, looks like an amazing piece of work as always. Thank you for the freebie.

You're welcome.

And here's another one! Not for the Sickbay though ... it was time for 'the Light'! [okay, it's been a long day]

Hope it's all packed correctly DA Link

wPensShaders.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 289K
    uvmapped.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 814K
    promo01.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 137K
    asitloads.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 125K
    edited June 2013

non trek but here is:

Open the pod bay doors Hal

openthepodbaydoorshal-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 119K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

And here's another one! Not for the Sickbay though ... it was time for 'the Light'! [okay, it's been a long day]

Hope it's all packed correctly DA Link

I added your light fixture prop to the list.

edited December 1969

Wow! They loaded. Okay ... 2 images of an object ahead ... might bear some resemblance to an extra planet found in Carrara but that's okay ;-)

May use 'em as you please.

objectahead2.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    objectahead.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

That's a nice Discovery pic. Has anyone seen a version of the pod that's posable, though? I have a few different ones, but none have moveable arms or opening hatch/interior.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Anyone got any hints on using Luxrender. Just bought Reality 3 last week. Renders seem to take forever and still quite pixely . Any suggestions welcome

This discussion has been closed.