Star Trek Builders Unite 4 : In a Runtime Darkly!

Comments

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Opinons please. The TMP Engineering. Converted from 3dMax to obj. Once imported into Poser Pro, I had to increase the scale to 4500% to get it to fit the characters.
    First question: Does the scale look okay?
    Second question: Does the Plasma in the warp core look okay? I had to add that- there was nothing there before.

Most of the textures that came with this were geared toward the dilithum chamber- which I haven't got to yet. What texture colors there were for the rest of the set didn't look right to me, so I gathered screen caps from Trek Core and took color samples. This revealed the fact that whoever built this, combined the corridor textures with the wall textures in Engineering. I can't even shut this corridor down and replace it with mine without shutting down half of Engineering. So, I guess Engineering is going to have it's own color scheme.

you'll flood the whole compartment!!!

it looks amazing. scale looks good to me.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Some ideas I am playing with. :D

Antares2.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 145K
    Antares.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 317K
    Star_Trek_The_Second_Phase.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 165K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited June 2013

A little Mirror Universe Love

iss-defiant-class-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 83K
    iss-nova-class-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 97K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Opinons please. The TMP Engineering. Converted from 3dMax to obj. Once imported into Poser Pro, I had to increase the scale to 4500% to get it to fit the characters.
    First question: Does the scale look okay?
    Second question: Does the Plasma in the warp core look okay? I had to add that- there was nothing there before.

Most of the textures that came with this were geared toward the dilithum chamber- which I haven't got to yet. What texture colors there were for the rest of the set didn't look right to me, so I gathered screen caps from Trek Core and took color samples. This revealed the fact that whoever built this, combined the corridor textures with the wall textures in Engineering. I can't even shut this corridor down and replace it with mine without shutting down half of Engineering. So, I guess Engineering is going to have it's own color scheme.

you'll flood the whole compartment!!!

it looks amazing. scale looks good to me.

Thank you.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800
    edited June 2013

MotoTsume said:
    What about a mirror universe story, where Khan and his crew are the good guys, fighting the evil empire. ;-) Just wanted to spread and plant Ideas.
    Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

WOW!!! those look absolutely amazing! Love me some Mirror Universe Love!

edited June 2013

Thanks guys, here is some more mirror universe love - including Regent Worf's Flagship
    and also a type 11 shuttle, an ambassador class, a sovereign class, and also an Akula class

I have been thinking of some MIrror Universe story

Terran-Empire-Akula-Class-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 132K
    mirror-sovereign-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 196K
    issembassador-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 247K
    iss-type11shuttle-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 174K
    regentWorfsflagship-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 100K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

What sorta of ToS/TMP style ship would be good for really deep space exploration stuff? Since it's the premise for my comic.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

What sorta of ToS/TMP style ship would be good for really deep space exploration stuff? Since it's the premise for my comic.

I think you'd need a Constitution Class ship that's been internally reconfigured to run with a smaller crew and have more storage and hydroponics areas. You might be able to stretch it and use an early model Excelsior class. I think the Miranda would be too small.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

I've seen that before and it does look very interesting. I wonder if you can make an item with that program that can be used in DS or Poser?

I have a copy of the TOS ladies tunic sewing pattern. With a program like that, you could make a 3d model that follows the pattern exactly and drapes like a real garment.

edited December 1969

TimG said:

I think you'd need a Constitution Class ship that's been internally reconfigured to run with a smaller crew and have more storage and hydroponics areas. You might be able to stretch it and use an early model Excelsior class. I think the Miranda would be too small.

Is there any textures that can work on the damaged Constellation model at Trekmeshes? An Obj file is not much help at the moment and I need a smashed up Constitution for the later stories. Also, is there any other good, smashed up models on can use?

edited December 1969

TimG said:

Is there any textures that can work on the damaged Constellation model at Trekmeshes? An Obj file is not much help at the moment and I need a smashed up Constitution for the later stories. Also, is there any other good, smashed up models on can use?

none that I have seen, but if you are using DS you could use a product like The Grimerizer - it layers transparent 'grunge' and scratched over your standard textures.

edited June 2013

TimG said:

I've seen that before and it does look very interesting. I wonder if you can make an item with that program that can be used in DS or Poser?

I have a copy of the TOS ladies tunic sewing pattern. With a program like that, you could make a 3d model that follows the pattern exactly and drapes like a real garment.

It says it can work with both D/S and Poser as far as exporting objs- that means the outfit would still have to be rigged most likely once in in one of the two programs.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    TimG said:

none that I have seen, but if you are using DS you could use a product like The Grimerizer - it layers transparent 'grunge' and scratched over your standard textures.

You can also take almost any Constitution class model and make your own textures- That's what I did for my Nova Trek stories.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:

It says it can work with both D/S and Poser as far as exporting objs- that means the outfit would still have to be rigged most likely once in in one of the two programs.

I wonder how difficult it would be to rig. Once it's rigged, morph would have to be added, I'd imagine.

I wonder how long it would take until it pays for itself.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    TimG said:

You can also take almost any Constitution class model and make your own textures- That's what I did for my Nova Trek stories.

What about parts ripped off, or sections torn open?

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:

I wonder how difficult it would be to rig. Once it's rigged, morph would have to be added, I'd imagine.

That would most likely depend on how oufits you make and how often you make them. At $199 dollars,it doesn't sound bad compared to some programs I could name.

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

just trying a look at maybe an 8 man bay on a smaller starship or marine squad bay

took a long time to download this model and take pieces from it but have alot of inside rooms now.

very cool model if you can download and convert. need a good computer (i dont so it took forever) and if your good with google 3d it helps

model by JediCharles: Outer Rim Industries 210CR Fortified Blockade Runner

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=28ae603e7836706b2e7c5c2a99a86839&prevstart=0

8_man_bay.jpg
    1582 x 750 - 234K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:

That would most likely depend on how oufits you make and how often you make them. At $199 dollars,it doesn't sound bad compared to some programs I could name.

"read" this page "real good" ... the WHOLE page.

Realize that one is not purchasing a program, but a license to use THEIR program ... it is a SERVICE.

the WHOLE page ...

And for those who didn't, this information may help:
    http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/forum/discussion/954/image-s-as-template-for-your-pattern-work

I also have some of the uniform patterns found online ... and a pretty good idea that they could be used with the programs we already have [i.e. Hexagon [or whatever you already have] and D/S4.x]

And I lucked into one of the sales for a product that will add morphs into the clothing for Genesis :-)
    If you want to buy something, this is my recommendation.
    http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-rigging-and-morphing-system

Also for converting the older items to work with Genesis.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:

"read" this page "real good" ... the WHOLE page.

Realize that one is not purchasing a program, but a license to use THEIR program ... it is a SERVICE.

the WHOLE page ...

And for those who didn't, this information may help:
    http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/forum/discussion/954/image-s-as-template-for-your-pattern-work

I also have some of the uniform patterns found online ... and a pretty good idea that they could be used with the programs we already have [i.e. Hexagon [or whatever you already have] and D/S4.x]

And I lucked into one of the sales for a product that will add morphs into the clothing for Genesis :-)
    If you want to buy something, this is my recommendation.
    http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-rigging-and-morphing-system

Also for converting the older items to work with Genesis.

In other words all you're buying is access to their program. license means it has to be renewed- usually on a yearly basis and usually at a higher price each time.

Unfortunately, Sickle only works in D/S- and only for existing outfits. Actually, it sounds simular to Poser Pro 2014's fitting room.

edited December 1969

a couple more Mirror Universe ships

ISS Garth & ISS Prometheus

TEPrometheus-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 104K
    IssGarth-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 111K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    ... edit ...

Unfortunately, Sickle only works in D/S- and only for existing outfits. Actually, it sounds simular to Poser Pro 2014's fitting room.

Actually, no. I gave it a whirl and It's also good for new garments. And I can use it for making freebies too :-)

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

How'd you make the Garth?
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

How'd you make the Garth?

I converted a Bridge Commander model and then uped the resolution on the textures

edited December 1969
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited June 2013

Just a little render " A Flock of Romulans"

A_Flock_of_Romulans.jpg
    1170 x 729 - 448K
    Post edited by jaguarry3 on
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Just messing about.

When encountering an unknown life form Mr Pocks give the traditional vulcan salute.
    "Live long, prosper and please don't shoot me"

13-06-04_Toon_Trek.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 564K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

Is the Enterprise supposed to be upside down? Otherwise good work!

David

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Is the Enterprise supposed to be upside down? Otherwise good work!

David

Yes. Captain Jerk is allowing Chukup to fly it.

This discussion has been closed.