Star Trek Builders Unite 4 : In a Runtime Darkly!

Comments

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Oh well ... without seeing the file myself not much more I can think to try. I do remember downloading one huge file [took like 5 tries to get it] and it turned out to be about 20mb of mesh and 200mb of pictures.

re the render ... hmmm .... call the doctor in fast and get those 2 sedated. "behaviour unbecoming" [I think that's the term].

Speaking of which in TMP Captain Kirk takes over as "...." Never could catch that phrase, as 'what'? [we know he's booting Decker off the post].

this is directly from the script.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/startrek01.html marker 74

~~~~~~~~~~

Kirk eyes Decker -- then decides the best way to say
    it is plainly, directly.

KIRK
    I'm taking over the Center seat.
    I'm sorry, Will.

DECKER
    You are what...?

KIRK
    I'm replacing you as Captain of
    the Enterprise.

Decker seems shocked into silence; he can only peer
    at Kirk who reaches tentatively as though to clasp a
    paternal hand on Decker's shoulder, then withdraws it
    and continues quickly.

KIRK
    (continuing)
    You'll stay aboard as Executive
    Officer... a temporary grade
    reduction to Commander.

DECKER
    (finding his voice)
    -- You, personally, are assuming
    command?

KIRK
    Yes.

DECKER
    May I ask Why?

KIRK
    (nods)
    My experience -- five years out
    there dealing with unknowns like
    this -- my familiarity with the
    Enterprise, this crew...

DECKER
    Admiral, this is an almost totally
    new enterprise. You don't know
    her a tenth as well as I do.

~~~

Does that help.

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Hope to contribute somehow after I get back from this conference in New Mexico and (hopefully) the mobilehome sells.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    Hope to contribute somehow after I get back from this conference in New Mexico and (hopefully) the mobilehome sells.

Pictures? Some fantastic out of this world scenery shots? ... microscopic flowers nobody has seen? ... something just really weird for texturing?

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

Oh well ... without seeing the file myself not much more I can think to try. I do remember downloading one huge file [took like 5 tries to get it] and it turned out to be about 20mb of mesh and 200mb of pictures.

re the render ... hmmm .... call the doctor in fast and get those 2 sedated. "behaviour unbecoming" [I think that's the term].

Speaking of which in TMP Captain Kirk takes over as "...." Never could catch that phrase, as 'what'? [we know he's booting Decker off the post].

this is directly from the script.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/startrek01.html marker 74

~~~~~~~~~~

Kirk eyes Decker -- then decides the best way to say
    it is plainly, directly.

KIRK
    I'm taking over the Center seat.
    I'm sorry, Will.

DECKER
    You are what...?

KIRK
    I'm replacing you as Captain of
    the Enterprise.

Decker seems shocked into silence; he can only peer
    at Kirk who reaches tentatively as though to clasp a
    paternal hand on Decker's shoulder, then withdraws it
    and continues quickly.

KIRK
    (continuing)
    You'll stay aboard as Executive
    Officer... a temporary grade
    reduction to Commander.

DECKER
    (finding his voice)
    -- You, personally, are assuming
    command?

KIRK
    Yes.

DECKER
    May I ask Why?

KIRK
    (nods)
    My experience -- five years out
    there dealing with unknowns like
    this -- my familiarity with the
    Enterprise, this crew...

DECKER
    Admiral, this is an almost totally
    new enterprise. You don't know
    her a tenth as well as I do.

~~~

Does that help.

"Center Seat"! good heavens ... somebody needs to take some diction lessons.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

~~~

Does that help.

I think TMP is the first time the term was used. It's standard Starfleet jargon these days like "Away Team" instead of "Landing Party".
    "Center Seat" has replaced "Captain's Chair" or "Command Chair".

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    PDSmith said:

~~~

Does that help.

I think TMP is the first time the term was used. It's standard Starfleet jargon these days like "Away Team" instead of "Landing Party".
    "Center Seat" has replaced "Captain's Chair" or "Command Chair".

Yes it is. I was expecting that it was some type of 'position' he was claiming ... like I'm taking over as I'm Chief of Operations but ? what the title was. Just re-watched the scene and turned the volume 'way up' ... and okay ... if one knows what he's saying it's barely catch-able.

Prezzie time!!!

Found this HUGE .obj file over at Turbo ... think it's a ST Starbase maybe going by the search tags ... if you want it "buy" it and "download it" "fast". Just having an item in your account does NOT keep it for you if a freebie goes away or goes $. .obj Zip is 44mb. Unless one has max the max download is useless.

SciFi Structure 1

I was able to open it eventually in Hexagon. Would recommend removing all the materials and shading domains and the ground pane and after checking the box to keep the ratio, resize the whole thing down to a manageable size and 0 it to the grid. Save the project file. Close and re-open Hexagon and have fun!

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

Here is something that I have been playing around with thanks to Paul's help. It is the Loknar class Frigate USS Phobos being ambushed by a three ship Klingon raiding party. I am going to look at giving her a Mirror Universe make over as well when I get time.

Here is a link to the larger image on my DA page. http://fav.me/d68lynq

Red_Alert_small.jpg
    1200 x 757 - 546K
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

I love this shuttle...

5555.jpg
    800 x 445 - 409K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,259
    edited December 1969

Here is something that I have been playing around with thanks to Paul's help. It is the Loknar class Frigate USS Phobos being ambushed by a three ship Klingon raiding party. I am going to look at giving her a Mirror Universe make over as well when I get time.

nice design, any other angles?

edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    I love this shuttle...

that is sweet

edited December 1969

TimG said:

Sure Tim I can do that, any particular angle you would like to see?

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

very nice ship, and that shuttle looks awesome, is that a freebie or a commercial product?

edited December 1969

The Ship is the USS Phobos that I picked up over at sci-fi meshes in MAX format and was converted to an obj for use in Poser. I had to fiddle with the textures to get them where I wanted but I really like the look of it.

edited December 1969

TimG said:

Sure Tim I can do that, any particular angle you would like to see?

I'd like to get more of a total view of it from a few angles, looks like a cool design.

edited December 1969

A Klingon B'rel leaving a Klingon Outpost

Brel_leaving_an_Klingon_Outpost-sml.jpg
    1200 x 691 - 152K
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    very nice ship, and that shuttle looks awesome, is that a freebie or a commercial product?

Its a freebee at foundation3d:

http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=217&p13_fileid=1854

edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    MotoTsume said:

Its a freebee at foundation3d:

http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=217&p13_fileid=1854

Yeah I see, but only for Lightwave :(

edited June 2013

Anyone remember the ship's corridor set based on "Enterprise"? I thought we had a link in the list, but I can't find it.

Never mind. Found it in my runtime. It's a character instead of a prop. Go figure....

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

~ templates, mesh, prop ... check your mail!

"uvmaps" are "done".

hithere.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 231K
    DS4shaders.png
    1000 x 1000 - 446K
    edited December 1969

~ templates, mesh, prop ... check your mail!

"uvmaps" are "done".

Thank you. :-)

• DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    A little Mirror Universe Love
    What about a mirror universe story, where Khan and his crew are the good guys, fighting the evil empire. ;-) Just wanted to spread and plant Ideas.

Hey Masterstroke,

I just thought you might like to know you're not far from the mark on one of my stories for Starship Saladin. I am featuring Khan from the mirror universe. He's not exactly a good guy, really, he's about the same as he was in "Space Seed" but by comparison to the rest of the Empire, he's not so bad.

If you would like to read the prelude, I have posted it. I posted it just after Ricardo Montalban passed away a few years ago.

http://www.starshipsaladin.com/index_files/Page430.htm

"Starship Saladin: “To Reap That Which Is Sown” a prose story about the I.S.S. SALADIN NCC-500 and their discovery of the S.S. BOTANY BAY, in the Mirror Universe…."

Enjoy, and tell me what you think. The rest of the story is offline right now, but it's a doozy. It features James 'Tiberius' Kirk and it is based on the William Shatner storyline from his novels. It's a TOS era prequel, of course. But it is in the works.

Sincerely,

Ken :)

Khan Noonian Singh (Partway between TOS and TWOK)
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/304697_399069253520667_943321993_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578304_280942638666663_1281274355_n.jpg

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Anyone remember the ship's corridor set based on "Enterprise"? I thought we had a link in the list, but I can't find it.

Never mind. Found it in my runtime. It's a character instead of a prop. Go figure....

I think either vanishing point or evilinnocence has some, exactly like Enterprise.

edited December 1969

where's that model at?
    And please don't tell me it's lightwave only. o_o

edited December 1969

where's that model at?

Well the good news is that it isn't lightwave only..............BUT it IS max only. It had to be converted to an obj file before I could use it in Poser. You can find it at Sci-fi meshes in their download section.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,051
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

B'rel? Where did that name come from???

David

edited December 1969

where's that model at?

Well the good news is that it isn't lightwave only..............BUT it IS max only. It had to be converted to an obj file before I could use it in Poser. You can find it at Sci-fi meshes in their download section. Ugh.

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

B'rel? Where did that name come from???

David

The Klingons, well Some Creative person at Paramount I would guess, it is the Class of a Klingon Bird of Prey, the one shown in the render.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,051
    edited December 1969

Well that explains where I came up with the name for the tactical officer in my comic. I guess it was subliminal...

David

edited December 1969

Here is page 11 of my Graphic Novella

and link to DeviantArt page with the novella - http://mototsume.deviantart.com/gallery/41147901

I noticed it isn't in the list on page one of this thread - guess only complete novels are there :) , which is fine as I have only a vague
    idea where this story is heading LOL

GFO-page11-sml.jpg
    931 x 1200 - 209K
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited June 2013

MotoTsume said:
    Here is page 11 of my Graphic Novella

and link to DeviantArt page with the novella - http://mototsume.deviantart.com/gallery/41147901

I noticed it isn't in the list on page one of this thread - guess only complete novels are there :) , which is fine as I have only a vague
    idea where this story is heading LOL

I will get with roy and see about fixing that. Do you have the series in a seperate gallery folder (I'm at work and don't dare click on DA!). I recall someone had a series also but had it mixed in with all the other random images that person had done and it would appear as an advert for their entire gallery and not the story itself.

I was meaning to ask that person to consolidate them into a seperate folder but never got around to asking. Wasn't you was it?

If not, to whom ever it was, let me know and I'll work with roy in getting it updated to the list.

-Paul

Post edited by PDSmith on
This discussion has been closed.