Lucas 8

Comments

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited October 2017

Okay, I took a break from my usual fare of rendering naked vampire babes with massive racks, to offer my first quick-and-dirty test of Lucas 8.

All in all, he's not too terrible, and I think I might have a use for him in some of my ongoing projects.  The fact that his face -- and this is "straight out of the box", as it were -- reminds me a little of myself, back in high school, might tilt the verdict ever-so-slightly in his favor...!

And for what it's worth, that Cool Style shirt does blow up in a dForce simulation.  Seems to be limited to just the collar, though.

G8M_Lucas_01.png
    1077 x 751 - 1M
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Anyone able to show Milo with his morph applied but Lucas base dialed out? Thinking of getting just that character, how much do his interesting, ordinary guy face features use any of Lucas?

Milo uses Lucas 8 head at 100 percent, so he looks odd without him. This is Milo with no Lucas 8 and with Michael 8's head at 100 percent.

milonolucas.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 689K
    milonolucasm8.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 625K
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

Here's one more of Lucas 8, no morph adjustments, that's all him. With Sebastian Hair, he really does look a lot like FW Sebastian HD, one of my favorite G2M's. Both have fantastic faces, in my opinion. Just a little fiddling with morphs and I think Lucas would be a dead ringer for Sebastian.

I used Redz's Supernatural Brows on him. The LIE makeup is from DarwinsMishap's Ren for G3M and G8M, who comes with a ton of LIE makeups. The tattoos are from Darwin's LIE Tattoo set. Outfit is Hellion for G3M from the Damien Bundle. The barbwire necklace was difficult to adjust to the pose (oops, forgot to fix that!)  Lights are Marshian's Rim Light Rig Iray. Set is After the War by Stonemason.

I gave him the full postwork treatment on this one, I think he earned it. angel

Lucas8-3.jpg
    1357 x 1433 - 280K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • h_mc86h_mc86 Posts: 2

Thanks all who let me know about the pants. You're right, it's the Crux Rebel Rock Pants. I'd checked Rendo but hadn't considered they were Autofitted.

Also, just to weigh in on the mouths, I like Lucas's but not Milo's. But that's sort of my preferred look on guys laugh I'm not even using G8 regularly (I've barely switched to G3) but something about today's bundle seemed to be exactly what I was looking for.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited October 2017

Well, didn't you folks who rendered Milo get these incorrect default eyelashes? That's what loaded up for me.

Miloeyelashes.png
    342 x 364 - 215K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Yes, I got that as well loading the base figure. You have to apply the eyelashes material.

• LarryadLarryad Posts: 35
    edited October 2017
    Novica said:

Well, didn't you folks who rendered Milo get these incorrect default eyelashes? That's what loaded up for me.

Yeah, I did. I had to pick the eyelashes from the materials list and then render again. Not the first character that I've used that this has happened on.

Post edited by Larryad on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568

I wish hair creators would pay more attention to the difference in hairlines of men and women. Bundle hair consistently has smooth hairlines that look off to me on guys. I know hair creators try for the female market with men’s hair but men and women don’t have the same hairlines.

• I wish hair creators would pay more attention to the difference in hairlines of men and women. Bundle hair consistently has smooth hairlines that look off to me on guys. I know hair creators try for the female market with men’s hair but men and women don’t have the same hairlines.

Even just decently adjustable hairlines would be nice. Somehow that fell out of favor.

Yes, I got that as well loading the base figure. You have to apply the eyelashes material.

Well, hopefully the moderators report it.  @vincentXyooj  needs to fix it.  When you say apply the eyelashes material, is it that cutout opacity map? If so, that leaves an ugly gray inner eyelid.

• Novica said:

Yes, I got that as well loading the base figure. You have to apply the eyelashes material.

Well, hopefully the moderators report it.  @vincentXyooj  needs to fix it.  When you say apply the eyelashes material, is it that cutout opacity map? If so, that leaves an ugly gray inner eyelid.

No just select the figure and load the eyelash mat.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

For me it is the baked in looking texture that looks weird especially since his neck and all is blemish free... it’s like he’s got an old guy face and a young dude body

Yeah, I agree. It wouldn't be bad if there was consistancy - but the face has a LOT of baked in detail and blemishes etc, but from the neck down he's like blemish free - just looks like someone put the wrong texture face on a G8M body, or vice versa. The dark spots under his eyes and baked in five-oclock shadow really ages him.

Llynara said:

Here's one more of Lucas 8, no morph adjustments, that's all him. With Sebastian Hair, he really does look a lot like FW Sebastian HD, one of my favorite G2M's. Both have fantastic faces, in my opinion. Just a little fiddling with morphs and I think Lucas would be a dead ringer for Sebastian.

I used Redz's Supernatural Brows on him. The LIE makeup is from DarwinsMishap's Ren for G3M and G8M, who comes with a ton of LIE makeups. The tattoos are from Darwin's LIE Tattoo set. Outfit is Hellion for G3M from the Damien Bundle. The barbwire necklace was difficult to adjust to the pose (oops, forgot to fix that!)  Lights are Marshian's Rim Light Rig Iray. Set is After the War by Stonemason.

Wow! That looks AWESOME! They should have had you do some of the promo images! :D

Okay, I do have a question. I was thinking MAP not mat. But why does Lucas have a map in opacity cutout for eyelashes, and Milo doesn't- then wouldn't Milo need that in addition to the materials?

• Novica said:

Okay, I do have a question. I was thinking MAP not mat. But why does Lucas have a map in opacity cutout for eyelashes, and Milo doesn't- then wouldn't Milo need that in addition to the materials?

When you apply the eyelash material (or the Milo All Maps) it will load the correct map into opacity.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    Llynara said:

Wow! That looks AWESOME! They should have had you do some of the promo images! :D

Thanks! I wouldn't say no if they asked...I love my DAZ and I love my male content! heart

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,276

I wish hair creators would pay more attention to the difference in hairlines of men and women. Bundle hair consistently has smooth hairlines that look off to me on guys. I know hair creators try for the female market with men’s hair but men and women don’t have the same hairlines.

Very true, also sideburns and incorporating a hair whorl that is usually present in short hair.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
    edited October 2017

Yes. I think part of the reason that male characters appear wrong is that the some of the details are off. Hairlines of some of the hairs, eyebrows and the flexible mouth are problematic. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    Redz said:

Anyone able to show Milo with his morph applied but Lucas base dialed out? Thinking of getting just that character, how much do his interesting, ordinary guy face features use any of Lucas?

Milo uses Lucas 8 head at 100 percent, so he looks odd without him. This is Milo with no Lucas 8 and with Michael 8's head at 100 percent.

Thank you, those renders are very helpful.

• Grim-RedGrim-Red Posts: 34
    edited October 2017

He's not bad, not quite what I expected. I may get the base figure. But what I'd really like to know is what suit this is in one of his promos? It's gorgeous and I need it.

https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-business-suit-b-for-genesis-3-male-s

I have changed only the tie and shirt colors. :)

Post edited by Grim-Red on
    Grim-Red said:

He's not bad, not quite what I expected. I may get the base figure. But what I'd really like to know is what suit this is in one of his promos? It's gorgeous and I need it.

So do you create the character or just do the promo images? :)

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited October 2017

Here is a render of Lucas using one of DimensionTheory's HDRI, and some extra righthand side lighting to brighten the face using KindredArt's amazing https://www.daz3d.com/iray-ghost-light-kit

I have used a custom skin setting for this render, as Lucas's textures are quite dark/mid brown 'out of the box'. Certainly in my opinion a great character and addition to the G8M character pool.

As a side note the gym shorts texture has gone quite 'jazzy' looking (for want of a better word) as though it has been photographed from an old analogue television screen. I notice that quite a few textures become distorted like this in iRay renders. (I don't use 3delight so no idea if the same happens) Does anyone have any suggestions as to a fix for this, or why it should be happening? 

smiley

Lucas 8.jpg
    718 x 812 - 754K
    Post edited by Musicplayer on
  • Grim-Red said:

Ah, yes thank you, a few others mentioned that was the suit. It's a beautiful render.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Well, I decided afterall not to get Lucas. I just got the Milo character, the Cool Style outfit and the Cool Style textures.  I'm not sure how Milo will look on G3M without Lucas in the mix, but I just don't need/want Lucas. He's just not 'all that'.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    edited October 2017

I think Lucas is a great young man figure for my gene pool.  Never bother with the white character's base skin, too many other ones in my collection to fiddle around with settings and such.  In fact the only base skins I've used out the box (for G3) were Monique, Darius, Kimo.  Anyway, here is Lucas 100% and a little bit of Darius 7.

Lucas Randall .png
    935 x 882 - 775K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on

@alliekablue   Very, very nice! Now that's a man with character! (Or um, a character with character.) 

• I don't know.  He looks like a cheeky fellow who betrays / sells-out the party half-way through the movie.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

The extra discount when buying another new release must have been just for yesterday because it's gone now

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

I think Lucas is a great young man figure for my gene pool.  Never bother with the white character's base skin, too many other ones in my collection to fiddle around with settings and such.  In fact the only base skins I've used out the box (for G3) were Monique, Darius, Kimo.  Anyway, here is Lucas 100% and a little bit of Darius 7.

Novica said:

@alliekablue   Very, very nice! Now that's a man with character! (Or um, a character with character.) 

Thanks @Novica, quite a compliment very much appreciated from you.  I am quite a fan of your threads and posts

• He's in my cart for the moment, along with David and Brodie (I bought Elijah already). Think, think, think...