Lucas 8

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
edited October 2017 in The Commons

Well, I was looking at the X-Fashion Arachnid Outfits for both G8F & M and I noticed something interesting in the FBMs of the male version: Lucas 8. Looks like he's going to be more average-built than M8, and given Stephanie 8's early release, it's a save bet that he's our new David...

(The following images are front and side views in order of G8M > M8 > L8.)

G8M Base 1.png
494 x 706 - 235K
G8M Base 2.png
494 x 706 - 186K
Michael 8 1.png
494 x 706 - 236K
Michael 8 2.png
494 x 706 - 185K
Lucas 8 1.png
494 x 706 - 231K
Lucas 8 2.png
494 x 706 - 179K
Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Nice! I like that he's less muscled then M8. He looks to be a little younger maybe, based on the body. I'm looking forward to finding out what he looks like. :)

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Maybe he's the grown up version of Luke. Remember him? There used to be a morph expansion to turn him into an older teen/twenty-something and if I remember, he then came out looking similar to David (the original, not the Genesis version) but with improvements.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,565

I hope he’s an adult but this close to Halloween I got to wonder if he will be the skinny vamp type.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Can probably fix that easy enough. As long as he doesn't sparkle. laugh

• I hope he’s an adult but this close to Halloween I got to wonder if he will be the skinny vamp type.

Doesn't seem like it to me.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,565

I hope you are right my friends...  =-)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Youngerish, slighter build, Looks like he might me an inch or two shorter. Yup. It's David by another name. Lucian was the psuedo-David for version 7, looks like they are deciding not to recycle the name.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited October 2017

I doubt he'll be a vamp, as he's catagorized under "Real World", though, having a goth theme isn't entirely out of the question.

However, Lucian is Lilith's guy, but at the same time, seeing as how he didn't make the G3 "most popular" end sale, there's a good chance he's probably getting scrapped like Leo. Either way, seeing characters like Kenji and Ivan, and now seeing shapes like Lucas is comforting to see that Daz really IS trying other options for the retired males.

Well, as least as far as adult classics go... *Sighs over the lack of Teen Boy 8*

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Maybe a counterpart to Elijah?

Maybe a counterpart to Elijah?

Probably. I did see Genevieve & Elijah as the last-minute "Stephanie & David" pair for Gen 7.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Oh, I hope they don't retire Leo! crying

• AllenArt said:

Oh, I hope they don't retire Leo! crying

Me too. I adore him, he's so unique.

edited October 2017

From the FBM which someone posted from the kinda-spiderman suit fits, he's more a Lucian than an Elijah in shape. No telling what they are going to do with the base skin and expressions, though. Lucian was a surly kid, Elijah was rather goth, but not uniformly grouchy.

I was surprised not to see a head-in for the final catchup sale this morning. But maybe tomorrow. It would make sense to launch the PC+ sale next week.

Of course, while I'm pretty sure we've had character base launches aa the opening salvo to the PC Anniversary, it was a while ago.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

I'm hoping to see G8 versions of Lee, Leo, Gianni, Elijah, Darius, Kimo and Ivan especially.

edited October 2017

Lee and Darius are probably given's. Gianni is probable. We always get one fairly burly sort, and he seems to be it. Kimo and Ivan got a lot of screen time and were both quite popular, which is always good. Leo... An awful lot of people like him. But I do remember a lot of grousing about the scaling being a part of the morph and something about there being only one eye texture? Hard to say.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited October 2017

Going by what I remember from Daz's "Most Popular" G3 end sale, the males who really made the list were, as side from the obvious Michael, were Gianni, Darius, Lee, and Ivan. Of course, that doesn't mean the others did terribly, but judging by this alone, it's safe to assume that we will in-fact see future iterations of these particular characters.

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 820
    edited October 2017

Gianni 6 was my first G2 male and Gianni 7 was my first G3 male, so I'm definitely anxious to see a Gianni 8. However, I have little interest in Genesis 8 so far and haven't used Michael 8 or Victoria 8 at all. There was always something about Gianni's looks I really liked more than the others. But as is usual for my personal tastes, I typically go after the Daz males long before I ever consider the women, so I'm curious about this Lucas 8. The figure shape does leave my curious. At the very least I like his name. :D

Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Welp. He’s Elijah And David and Brodie. 

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822

Welp. He’s Elijah And David and Brodie. 

Lucas certainly presents younger than any base David (and, arguably, Elijah), though obviously older than Brodie.

Compared to the rest of Gen8 (and most of Gen3), he's a wee thing, isn't he? (Although only an inch or so shorter than US standard.) Josie and Stephanie are the only characters in this generation shorter than he is. (Granted, he's only the sixth character in this generation.) He's almost certain to remain the shortest adult male in this generation, barring something unusual.

I noticed there is no "add to cart" button for Lucas 8. Guess they don't want people to buy just the character. lol

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439
    edited October 2017

@vwrangler He's a teen or vary early 20's not a full on adult like the other males

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2017

He's not bad, not quite what I expected. I may get the base figure. But what I'd really like to know is what suit this is in one of his promos? It's gorgeous and I need it.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
    edited October 2017

He's not bad, not quite what I expected. I may get the base figure. But what I'd really like to know is what suit this is in one of his promos? It's gorgeous and I need it.

Maybe this one? https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-business-suit-b-for-genesis-3-male-s

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

not seeing a orange banner/message. What did you need to get another discount on him?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,728

If it's the H&C Business Suit, and it certainly appears to be, then that's the only angle to photograph it from so it doesn't look like "why?"

• OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128
    edited October 2017

I wonder if Lucas has a gen texture included. Or is he a teen? 

However, i would consider to get the pro bundle since i dont own anything from the Elijah bundle yet :-|

On the other side ... 

I surely understand why this is, but i dont like that Lucas is gen8. I have bought several gen8 female things but now i would have to go gen 8 on the males too :-| didnt even buy Michael ... damn ... Anyways ... i guess thats an personal problem :-|

Post edited by OZ-84 on

anyone got him yet? Was wondering if he was....orange. 

• jakiblue said:

not seeing a orange banner/message. What did you need to get another discount on him?

There is no orange banner but there is a discount notification in my account messages.

smiley

i don't have one in my messages. What did you have to have previously bought? I don't know what Lucas' equivilent is so wondering if it's just male pro bundles or a certain character.  

jakiblue said:

There is no orange banner but there is a discount notification in my account messages.

smiley