Lucas 8

Comments

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

He's in my cart for the moment, along with David and Brodie (I bought Elijah already). Think, think, think...

Oh just get him @daywalker03, I'd like to see what you do with him

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

$47.61 for the Pro Bundle in my cart, is that the right price if you're PC Plus? Already used my coupons.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I think Lucas is a great young man figure for my gene pool.  Never bother with the white character's base skin, too many other ones in my collection to fiddle around with settings and such.  In fact the only base skins I've used out the box (for G3) were Monique, Darius, Kimo.  Anyway, here is Lucas 100% and a little bit of Darius 7.

He looks good. More mature looking than just the base Lucas, like a 20 something.  When M8 came out I immediately said 'where's the black character' because that's what I look for too. 

Vendor named 'samsil' at 'the other store' has great black characters, hair and clothes. Recently he had a 60% off sale so I picked up a few more things.  Great stuff.

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306

I ended up grabbing the Lucas Pro bundle yesterday - mostly to grab Elijah, Brodie and David for free. My inventory was sadly lacking in content for males, and there are only so many times you can get away with using khaki shorts, double-breasted suits and scout outfits.

edited October 2017

This is Milo with a little Shimuzu's Genesis 3 Male Elite Head Morphs diailed in with FW Sebastian's skin. I kind of like the pouty mouth.

Lucas Paul.png
    935 x 882 - 549K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • Grim-RedGrim-Red Posts: 34
    edited October 2017
    Grim-Red said:

He's not bad, not quite what I expected. I may get the base figure. But what I'd really like to know is what suit this is in one of his promos? It's gorgeous and I need it.

https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-business-suit-b-for-genesis-3-male-s

I have changed only the tie and shirt colors. :)

So do you create the character or just do the promo images? :)

Just the 3 promos visible on the Lucas 8 character pack ( no bundles) :)

Thank you @zombietaggerung

;)

Post edited by Grim-Red on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I think the promo art is very good. Which necklace is used here does anyone know?

Captureimage.JPG
    909 x 707 - 99K
  • I think the promo art is very good. Which necklace is used here does anyone know?

That is from the Goth outfit that is in the Teen Josie 8 bundle, I believe. Which does autofit reasonably well to G8M.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    Byrdie said:

$47.61 for the Pro Bundle in my cart, is that the right price if you're PC Plus? Already used my coupons.

That is what I got (I already have David and Elijah and didn't care to have Brodie). I got an extra 20% and it was 47 and change.

Laurie

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    sapat said:

I think Lucas is a great young man figure for my gene pool.  Never bother with the white character's base skin, too many other ones in my collection to fiddle around with settings and such.  In fact the only base skins I've used out the box (for G3) were Monique, Darius, Kimo.  Anyway, here is Lucas 100% and a little bit of Darius 7.

He looks good. More mature looking than just the base Lucas, like a 20 something.  When M8 came out I immediately said 'where's the black character' because that's what I look for too. 

Vendor named 'samsil' at 'the other store' has great black characters, hair and clothes. Recently he had a 60% off sale so I picked up a few more things.  Great stuff.

samsil's hair is awesome. I think I have all but maybe one or two. LOL

Laurie

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I think the promo art is very good. Which necklace is used here does anyone know?

That is from the Goth outfit that is in the Teen Josie 8 bundle, I believe. Which does autofit reasonably well to G8M.

Thanks! I do admit I am somewhat disappointed that clothing in the promo art for this character isn't included in his bundle, but at least I know where the necklace is from. Thanks for telling me.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I picked him up too before the price goes up again, I didn't realize the additional discount when buying another new release was for just yesterday i missed that

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

@alliekatblue Loving the characters you're coming up with! Great job!

Post edited by Llynara on
    Llynara said:

@alliekatblue Loving the characters you're coming up with! Great job!

Thanks Llynara, got a few cooking now, but darn, had to go in to the office today.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Yeah, those pesky jobs get in the way of fun (but help fund it too!) LOL

Llynara said:

Yeah, those pesky jobs get in the way of fun (but help fund it too!) LOL

So true

edited October 2017

Look at this Ginger.  100% Lucas, 44% Milo, a little Ivan 7 head and some Raw massive bulk for the body. 

Couldn't get the lighting right on this render, legs look redder than the top

Lucas Ray.png
    935 x 882 - 637K
    Lucas Ray2.png
    935 x 882 - 614K
    edited October 2017

Eurasian Lucas.  100% Lucas Head 79% Lucas body, about 50% and 70% Lee 7 head and body. Skin is Jurou by Saiyaness. Also used some morphs from that character as well.

Lucas Lee.png
    935 x 882 - 414K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited October 2017

Look at this Ginger.  100% Lucas, 44% Milo, a little Ivan 7 head and some Raw massive bulk for the body. 

Couldn't get the lighting right on this render, legs look redder than the top

I noticed that's a common issue with a lot of mats - the legs are either redder or darker (or both) than the rest of the body. It's really off-putting (as I don't really see people in real life walking around with much redder or darker legs then the rest of their bodies). If anything the opposite is more often true -with people tending to get more sun on their arms and faces, due to most people wearing jeans/pants more often then not. And I'm surprised how many characters have that red/dark leg issue.

You did a good job on the character though - nice combo of shapes and love the freckles! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • AtanaciusAtanacius Posts: 333

Eurasian Lucas.  100% Lucas Head 79% Lucas body, about 50% and 70% Lee 7 head and body. Skin is Jurou by Saiyaness. Also used some morphs from that character as well.

Simply superb character settings and morphs dialing! Didn't know we can mixup characters from different series of Genesis together. So G8 are 'mixable' with G3 but what about G8 with G2 or Genesis first ?
  • He's in my cart for the moment, along with David and Brodie (I bought Elijah already). Think, think, think...

Oh just get him @daywalker03, I'd like to see what you do with him

Yeah, I finally decided to get him. Downloading now and will post a render as soon as I can after that.

• Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
    edited October 2017

And here he is. Dressed in the Kilt, pants and boots from the Highlander Set that came with the Elijah 7 Pro bundle.... Hair is the Zack Hair. Need to put him in a different setting, with companions, and different hair.

Lucas 8 DAZ Original.png
    1000 x 1300 - 830K
    Post edited by Daywalker Designs on

And here he is. Dressed in the Kilt, pants and boots from the Highlander Set that came with the Elijah 7 Pro bundle.... Hair is the Zack Hair. Need to put him in a different setting, with companions, and different hair.

Very cute. Forgot about that Highlander set, too much clothes for my own good.

@Atanacius, check out this thread on how to transfer G3 morphs to G8. It's a lot of pages in the thread though.That's how I got Lee's morphs into G8 using Singular Blues script. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176271/morphs-from-g3-to-g8/p34

@Atanacius, check out this thread on how to transfer G3 morphs to G8. It's a lot of pages in the thread though.That's how I got Lee's morphs into G8 using Singular Blues script. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176271/morphs-from-g3-to-g8/p34

• And here he is. Dressed in the Kilt, pants and boots from the Highlander Set that came with the Elijah 7 Pro bundle.... Hair is the Zack Hair. Need to put him in a different setting, with companions, and different hair.

Very cute. Forgot about that Highlander set, too much clothes for my own good.

It's a good set and I remembered it mainly because I'd just done a render of Elijah in it a few days before.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,447

So... the breath of fresh air that was Elijah has staled and now we get... short, average and androgynous again. I'm gonna be honest, I'm not a fan. Young does not equal short. Young does not equal average. Young most definelty does not equal androgynous.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,258

I'll admit I was surprised to see Elijah bundled in with Lucas. Lucien, I'd have expected. But not Elijah.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,447
    JOdel said:

I'll admit I was surprised to see Elijah bundled in with Lucas. Lucien, I'd have expected. But not Elijah.

I don't know where this idea that Lucien was a young man comes from. Lucien is middle aged at best, he is by no stretch a "young" man.

• JOdel said:

I don't know where this idea that Lucien was a young man comes from. Lucien is middle aged at best, he is by no stretch a "young" man.

I think the comment was a reference to how Elijah was perceived; I think some folks saw him as older than he was intended to be.