Lucas 8

Comments

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

I made this with Lucas 8 as the base

He looks great and that's the point, I use most of the characters as a base to build other characters on. Nice package for the price and with the discount, I couldn't resist.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I made this with Lucas 8 as the base

Wow, I was thinking maybe he looked too young for my taste, but your render is amazing, love this!

Always count on DarwinsMishap to surprise us with something amazing and unique! laugh

• aw, thank you, everyone. I do appreciate it.

edited October 2017

Quick test render of Lucas 8, out of the box. He's wearing the Cool Style Outfit and Classic Side Part Hair. The pose and expression are from the Pro pack. Lighting is Sveva's Intensity 2.0. There are 4 rim lights on him and 1 front spot, adjusted for the pose. Two white, two light blue, 1 gray. He looks tan, but I don't think he looks too orange. Maybe borderline? Could always adjust like we did for Josie.

Render quality 3, stopped at 85%, so a little grainy. No postwork. (Click for larger pic.)

Working on a few more renders in different scenarios and lighting, etc.

Lucas 8.png
    2000 x 1910 - 3M
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    Llynara said:

I like him. He reminds me of an actor, more than one actually. Yet, he has his own look. Thrilled to have a shorter male to add to the gene pool. I liked Michael 8 and I definitely like Lucas 8. Good work, DAZ and PAs! 

@darwinsmishap - Great image! He definitely doesn't look too young there! 

me too! He reminds me of Frank Dillane and a bit Zack Efron.... I am watching "Fear the walking dead" and like Frank there much...so... I am happy ;)

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

He's cute

• h_mc86h_mc86 Posts: 2

Glad I'm not the only one to wonder about that suit in the promos.

Does anyone know what these pants are though?

Those might be from the Crux set by Rhiannon over at Rendo, not sure.

• Llynara said:

Quick test render of Lucas 8, out of the box. He's wearing the Cool Style Outfit and Classic Side Part Hair. Lighting is Sveva's Intensity 2.0. There are 4 rim lights on him and 1 front spot, adjusted for the pose. Two white, two light blue, 1 gray. He looks tan, but I don't think he looks too orange. Maybe borderline? Could always adjust like we did for Josie.

Render quality 3, stopped at 85%, so a little grainy. No postwork. (Click for larger pic.)

Yes, his textures are a dark/medium brown colour, and out of the box I am also finding him extremely dark brown. Like you I am experimenting with various lights, both studio and HDRI, and have a render 'cooking' at the moment using some custom skin settings. Will post when it's finished.

Overall I like the character very much, but was not overly impressed with the Pro bundle content or price even after the 20% discount, so just got the Base figure and Zack hair.

smiley

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Well, I passed on Michael 8, and despite getting the full orange bar discount once again, it looks like I'll be passing on Lucas 8 for the moment as well.  Heck, I haven't even bought the base G8 morph sets yet.  Sorry DAZ, but I'm really not seeing anything in the G8 males that can't be done with the G7s, especially since the last couple of G8F releases have already started dropping the "new" features, and the contents of the Pro Bundles have been completely totally uninspiring.     

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    Llynara said:

That would be my guess.  They do look very familiar.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766
    Llynara said:

Yeah, it's the Crux rebel Rocks pants with one of the alternate textures. 

• Here is my usual side-by-side comparison of the characters released today with Lucas 8. Just as a heads up, for some reason the eye-lashes on Milo don't appear to have rendered properly, but unless it's a close-up you wouldn't notice.

https://renderguyny.deviantart.com/art/Lucas-8-Test-710263538

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited October 2017
    h_mc86 said:

I didn't notice the pants, I couldn't get past that creepy, CREEPY mouth (as someone else already mentioned about G8's.)  The end of the mouth puckering can be fixed by inflating the cheeks a bit though, and changing the outer curves of the top lip takes care of the Joker Lips.

With the 20% extra discount and the PC+ coupon discount off DO's, the Pro Bundle was $34.60   Sweet deal! 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2017

@jasonswrench Thank you for doing that! It's very helpful to see them all side by side like that. 

Here's another render of Lucas 8 base in the Dark Prince Outfit. I used a GI Dome Iray HDR, which is white, so we could get a better feel for the skin color.  Skin translucency here is on high. Green eyes, though you can't really tell from the expression. (He's mad at me because I forgot to dial in a male bulge! laugh )

I stopped this render at 90% done, so a little grainy. No postwork. (Click for larger pic.)

Lucas8-2.png
    1500 x 1433 - 4M
    edited October 2017
    h_mc86 said:

Glad I'm not the only one to wonder about that suit in the promos.

I actually like his expression here. The attitude reminds me a bit of Corey Feldman or a young Charlie Sheen, just needs a little more morph dialing.

• olymposolympos Posts: 27
    Llynara said:

I think you might be right.  They look like the CruX Rebel Rock Pants.  They look great on a male character.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,258

So... does G8M not have G3M's built-in bulge morph? I remember that a lot of people had trouble with autofit because of that.

• CZCZ Posts: 160
    edited October 2017

Very quick test. No postwork. I just changed the shape of the eyes a tiny bit. I think I like him, although his skin to me looks very similar to the one from Michael 8.

Lucas1_1_klein.jpg
    3602 x 4981 - 3M
    Post edited by CZ on
    edited October 2017
    h_mc86 said:

So... does G8M not have G3M's built-in bulge morph? I remember that a lot of people had trouble with autofit because of that.

It probably does, though I didn't look. I'm rendering now, but as soon as I'm done, I'll check.

Edit: yes it does: 

Lucas 8 gen bulge.JPG
    420 x 535 - 50K
  • IldanachIldanach Posts: 217
    JOdel said:

G8M has a bulge morph dial. Although I have G8M body morphs installed, so I'm not sure if the bulge morph came with the base figure or the additional  morph set - I can't remember.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    Novica said:
    h_mc86 said:

I didn't notice the pants, I couldn't get past that creepy, CREEPY mouth (as someone else already mentioned about G8's.)  The end of the mouth puckering can be fixed by inflating the cheeks a bit though, and changing the outer curves of the top lip takes care of the Joker Lips.

With the 20% extra discount and the PC+ coupon discount off DO's, the Pro Bundle was $34.60   Sweet deal! 

Oh, I don't know....  That look worked for Steve Tyler.  (Who he kind of reminds me of, in a creepy, digital-doppelganger kind of way...!)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

For me it is the baked in looking texture that looks weird especially since his neck and all is blemish free... it’s like he’s got an old guy face and a young dude body

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Trying out Lucas' skin, as with the other Gen 8 characters I find the skin a bit orange for my taste. Default materials top left, top right with the orange toned down and fiber brows. Bottom left, default materials with G8F dialled in (I think Lucas makes quite an attractive Lucia, those brows and sparkly lips are quite feminine), and bottom right is Milo texture on default Lucas 8. He's different. Probably wouldn't use him as is, but an interesting addition to the male gene pool.

lucasskin_test.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 728K
  • LarryadLarryad Posts: 35
    edited October 2017

Quick Render of the four Lucas 8 characters. Gunner is my favorite. For some reason Milo reminds me a bit of James Franco. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with them.

Lucas 8 and Friends.jpg
    3294 x 2160 - 4M
    Post edited by Larryad on
  • Llynara said:

Quick test render of Lucas 8, out of the box. He's wearing the Cool Style Outfit and Classic Side Part Hair. The pose and expression are from the Pro pack. Lighting is Sveva's Intensity 2.0. There are 4 rim lights on him and 1 front spot, adjusted for the pose. Two white, two light blue, 1 gray. He looks tan, but I don't think he looks too orange. Maybe borderline? Could always adjust like we did for Josie.

Something about his skin still looks "off" to me, maybe because he is so perfect? Nice render and lighting though! it's good to see what these characters look like when presented well :-) Sometimes I'm just not a fan of the promo pics for characters..

• Redz said:

Trying out Lucas' skin, as with the other Gen 8 characters I find the skin a bit orange for my taste. Default materials top left, top right with the orange toned down and fiber brows. Bottom left, default materials with G8F dialled in (I think Lucas makes quite an attractive Lucia, those brows and sparkly lips are quite feminine), and bottom right is Milo texture on default Lucas 8. He's different. Probably wouldn't use him as is, but an interesting addition to the male gene pool.

I do like him a lot now that I see your top right example. He looks a little less "perfect" and the fiber brows definitely add some needed texture to his face..

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
    edited October 2017
    Novica said:
    h_mc86 said:

I'm happy for those that love him but I'm firmly in the camp of 'creeped out by that mouth!'

Darwinsmisshap did a wonderful job dialing out that mouth- but will he still have that awkward G8 smile?

Sadly, I'm finding I'd much rather use Facegen and morph packs on G3 and create my own models. Just have to learn to make skins now...

Edit to say apologies to the artist because we sound very harsh here. Maybe many will find that look to be perfect- but it totally ruins the face for me. And there isn't any place private to let Daz know- I hope to see some Gen 8- especially Lee- not having it!

Post edited by Summerhorse on
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660

Anyone able to show Milo with his morph applied but Lucas base dialed out? Thinking of getting just that character, how much do his interesting, ordinary guy face features use any of Lucas?

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,446

He reminds me of Lucian 7 (a little). I bought Lucian, but I'm not keen on Lucas 8. So, I just bought the Time Soldier outfit.