"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• L'Adair said:
    Overdrawn said:

Is there supposed to be an actual aging product today? I don't see one on the sales page... https://www.daz3d.com/annual-premier-artist-sale-2017

"Old Chap" is a an old man character, but can be dialed into other characters to age them. Nothing at all like Zev0's Aging Morphs, yet a simple way to add a bit of age to any of your G3 or G8 male characters.

this cleared up so much 

I was trying to figure out which item was the aging one haha thanks

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

This is the Old Chap mixed with Garrett (50% Garrett, 30% Old Chap dialed in). He does mix well with the others, even if he's still dominant at 30%.

20170925_old chap.png
    974 x 982 - 766K
  • Soon the Artists Sales will give way for the DO sales.

It's my first, so I'd like to know what the Fastgrabs will be : the same stuff that there is now, or only DO ? Any chance I'll see again some items I have Wishlisted now from Fastgrabs ?

Just in case the New Releases for catchup day don't interest me at all...

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited September 2017

There were some great DO and PC+ sales last year. Most DOs go on sale multiple times throughout the year, often at deep discounts during blowouts. I tend to keep quite a few on my wishlist for that reason. 

And man, they are killing me with new stuff the last few days. Especially the great male items coming out. There are some great G2 DOs on sale today as well. 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2017
    Orpheus13 said:

Soon the Artists Sales will give way for the DO sales.

It's my first, so I'd like to know what the Fastgrabs will be : the same stuff that there is now, or only DO ? Any chance I'll see again some items I have Wishlisted now from Fastgrabs ?

Just in case the New Releases for catchup day don't interest me at all...

Sales are never the same, you won't know what the structure is until they're posted. There's no guarantee about Mega Fastgrabs (I assume you are talking about those? They are not Fastgrab, that's a permanent scrolling banner section) even being a section of the upcoming sale(s).  Some artists go on sale more than others, you just need to get Ati's add-on if you don't have it so you can look at the charts and get a good idea of the sale history.  (Which again, doesn't show stacking discounts or further discounts. Just what the store price is at the time.)  

For me, I have a price point (60% up) now because I have so much stuff- but since I shop a lot I will share my experiences and way of thinking. First,  things leave the store and aren't always available- they may go to other stores (often at higher prices), or not be offered at all. Not all vendors tell you when they are leaving, and DAZ removes some stores periodically. Vendors may not want the older content available as they progress and do better work. So my rule of thumb is to not assume it will "always be there." (Frankly, I grit my teeth when people give that (IMO) bad advice. Ken and Lisa's stuff was really cheap here, and you probably can't pick up 1/5 of it now for what I got ALL of it for. Great sales here.) 

Second, as I said, the structure of sales change, and they could change for the worse. We've seen wonky sales that didn't go as planned so they locked everyone in to whatever level they were at on the second week (if you were getting a 64% discount because you bought a lot that week, you were at that level THE REST OF THE MONTH) Which was totally unfair to people who just happened not to shop much that week. So there's been inconsistency in the way sales are handled. (They've also made changes that benefit the shoppers, such as honoring major glitches for one day only.)  

And what is not inconsistent- they try new things- which you may either love or hate. So if I like the way a sale is setup (and you seem to like the Mega Fastgrabs) then I take advantage of it then and there. It may not be repeated on the next sale, or not be offered for a long time. That said, there are patterns (Pro Bundles being offered cheaply, etc) but to try and pin down those options "on the next sale" will get you nowhere. They don't announce the structure of the next sale.

Post edited by Novica on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

is the special offer on https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-body-morph-resource-kit fow owning the G3 version supposed to apply on top of the buy 2 debut new releases deal, or replace it?

• dragotx said:

is the special offer on https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-body-morph-resource-kit fow owning the G3 version supposed to apply on top of the buy 2 debut new releases deal, or replace it?

I will ask.

dragotx said:

I will ask.

Awesome, thanks!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    Llynara said:

Certainly. But my V4 came out beautifully. I just posted a test render here

Looks great! I still love V4 (and Poser!) too! I like V4 way better than G8 so far. I still even like V3! If your main goal isn't complete realism, and you enjoy postwork (like I do) the older figures are still great. V4 lasted so long because it's an amazingly versatile character. And for realism, I think G3 still looks better than G8. I did get Josie and some morph kits just to keep up, but I still much prefer the older characters so far. 

• I own "Genesis 3 Female Body Morph Resource Kit" but I didn't get a special offer on "Genesis 8 Female Body Morph Resource Kit", does it apply automatically or should I have got an orange banner?

I own "Genesis 3 Female Body Morph Resource Kit" but I didn't get a special offer on "Genesis 8 Female Body Morph Resource Kit", does it apply automatically or should I have got an orange banner?

Same for me - I have the Genesis 3 Kit, no special offer, and it discounts 'normally' (40% on its own, 50% with two in the cart).

• So we were supposed to get a banner? I hope that this get fixed, I don't want to miss this dealsad.  

No idea, tbh... either way, I'm not seeing any way to get this discount.

edited September 2017

I own "Genesis 3 Female Body Morph Resource Kit" but I didn't get a special offer on "Genesis 8 Female Body Morph Resource Kit", does it apply automatically or should I have got an orange banner?

It's in the description on the product page itself: " Special Offer: If you already own the Genesis 3 Female Body Morph Resource Kit, this product is available for 50% of the listed price!"
    Post edited by dragotx on
  • tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 659
    edited September 2017

Thanks for the reply :) I can't see that offer on the product page anywhere, that's very strange. 

Edit: I have that info only on the readme page, normally you only read that info when you  have bought the product so that seams strange. The discount doesn't work.

Post edited by tombraider4ever on

Thanks for the reply :) I can't see that offer on the product page anywhere, that's very strange. 

Edit: I have that info only on the readme page, normally you only read that info when you  have bought the product so that seams strange. The discount doesn't work.

The text was on the shop page before. Oh well, it'll be on a steeper discount eventually... and I get to save my money today.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

They pulled that offer from the product page. I own all 3 previous morph packs but I guess that doesn’t matter. Oh well, they lost a sale. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

New batch of freebies... 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    NorthOf45 said:

New batch of freebies... 

Three textures for items I don't own. ...Yay lol

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249
    NorthOf45 said:

New batch of freebies... 

Yeah, like, one for me. Not as good as the PC Flash Sale. There I had two to choose from.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    NorthOf45 said:

New batch of freebies... 

NorthOf45 said:
    NorthOf45 said:

New batch of freebies... 

Yeah, like, one for me. Not as good as the PC Flash Sale. There I had two to choose from.

O.M.G... I feel like such a slacker! there are 8 items in the freebies I don't own, (textures all, except for the HIro 5 character.) And there were 75 items in the PC+ Flash Sale... I am such a disgrace!
    laugh

LOL

L'Adair said:
    NorthOf45 said:

New batch of freebies... 

NorthOf45 said:
    NorthOf45 said:

New batch of freebies... 

O.M.G... I feel like such a slacker! there are 8 items in the freebies I don't own, (textures all, except for the HIro 5 character.) And there were 75 items in the PC+ Flash Sale... I am such a disgrace!
    laugh

LOL

I don't own Hiro, so I count that as a "texture for an item I don't own". lol And there are 140 items I don't own in the PC+ Flash Sale. I guess we're both slackers. lol

edited September 2017

Oy... I'm finding the "Ravyn" character presentation a bit uhhh ...uncomfortable.

She looks really young to me - like 14ish. But they have her posed a bit "adult" in a couple of the renders - and the character description "she can be both flirty and deadly". Really? Flirty and deadly. A child like character. I'm not sure what they were thinking putting that kid face on a character that they are presenting like a femme fatal. REALLY uncomfortable.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Oy... I'm finding the "Ravyn" character presentation a bit uhhh ...uncomfortable.

She looks really young to me - like 14ish. But they have her posed a bit "adult" in a couple of the renders - and the character description "she can be both flirty and deadly". Really? Flirty and deadly. A child like character. I'm not sure what they were thinking putting that kid face on a character that they are presenting like a femme fatal. REALLY uncomfortable.

Agreed, she looks more like 12, which would be like 4 years too young to even consider that kind of comment. And she looks "deady" in an X-23 way only in the costume and props pack, in the main pack she's just like, a very young girl looking wide-eyed and dreamy...

Thinking of it, she's got the face of a very young pre-teen (like, 10 years old) and the body of a teen (14-ish).

I can get why you find it disturbing, I just find it (the product) unattractive.

• I'm not going to go pretend like it isn't normal for teenagers to flirt with each other but that really is REALLY damn awkward marketing.
  • Orpheus13 said:

Oy... I'm finding the "Ravyn" character presentation a bit uhhh ...uncomfortable.

Agreed, she looks more like 12, which would be like 4 years too young to even consider that kind of comment. And she looks "deady" in an X-23 way only in the costume and props pack, in the main pack she's just like, a very young girl looking wide-eyed and dreamy...

Thinking of it, she's got the face of a very young pre-teen (like, 10 years old) and the body of a teen (14-ish).

I can get why you find it disturbing, I just find it (the product) unattractive.

It's by 3D Universe, so the look is about what you would expect from them.

• Ravyn is designed to be a petite woman aged at approximately 19-20. She is not a teen or preteen figure.

• Okay, probably your style then. A bit manga, I guess we're more thinking in comics codes.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    edited September 2017

Ravyn is designed to be a petite woman aged at approximately 19-20. She is not a teen or preteen figure.

I can see it. Maybe it’s just my age but I’ve seen twenty year olds with faces like that. I mean, I personally think of twenty year olds as babies but they’re not jailbait despite my opinions. 

And I _love_ the outfit. Def. putting the bundle on my wishlist. 

Post edited by dreamfarmer on
  • 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 220
    edited September 2017

Is 68% the correct discount for Feature Artist Catalogs today?

From what I read from the description I can get 20% off for buying a Debut new and ANOTHER 20% for buying 2 Debut new release. However I see no difference when I add 2 debut new in the cart instead of 1.

From what they're showing from the front page banner, 68% is the "upto" amount, so can anyone explain, or this is a bug ? Thank you very much

Post edited by 3DMinh on
This discussion has been closed.