"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited September 2017

I finally took the plunge on Teen Josie Pro 8 and all the free add-ons yesterday. The amount of clothing and extras was just too tempting. Also grabbed the 200 Morphs and Spicy Fusion. All because I really wanted a V4 for $2 instead of $4. OMG, DAZ knows my weaknesses! laugh

And yes, it makes about as much sense as DAZ Math! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Llynara said:

I finally took the plunge on Teen Josie Pro 8 and all the free add-ons yesterday. The amount of clothing and extras was just too tempting. Also grabbed the 200 Morphs and Spicy Fusion. All because I really wanted a V4 for $2 instead of $4. OMG, DAZ knows my weaknesses! laugh

And yes, it makes about as much sense as DAZ Math! 

It's called Addiction used to be a thread about it

Certainly. But my V4 came out beautifully. I just posted a test render here

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567

Woohoo, Noggins store on sale, can finally get 3 items I had wishlisted forever, LOL.

Llynara said:

Nice render. I just don't see older skins looking as good as properly set up IRAY skins. Also many V4 skins come with highlights and shadows baked onto the texture which doesn't look good IMO in unbiased lighting.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited September 2017
    Orpheus13 said:
    L'Adair said:
    Orpheus13 said:

Reasonably high. They'll eventually be giving them away as a bonus for buying a new release.

Kidding?

There is never a guarantee Daz will repeat previous types of offers, but once G3F was a year old or so, we started seeing sales with buy a new release and get one, (sometimes more than one,) older item(s) free. Several times, in the list of possible free-with-purchase products, we saw the three base morph packs.

Ok,so if it's after a year I'll have no regret. ;) What are the three base Morph packs?

@Orpheus13. For the guys, they are Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs, Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs, Genesis 8 Male Expressions; and for the gals they are Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs, Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs, Genesis 8 Female Expressions.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    edited September 2017

Woohoo, Noggins store on sale, can finally get 3 items I had wishlisted forever, LOL.

Llynara said:

Nice render. I just don't see older skins looking as good as properly set up IRAY skins. Also many V4 skins come with highlights and shadows baked onto the texture which doesn't look good IMO in unbiased lighting.

I see what you mean, especially on her hands and feet.

I'm hoping the next version of Anagenessis will help, though not much will help some of the baked in stuff except covering those areas or leaving them out of the frame.  So far, the renders on the Dimension Z's DA page look promising (be warned, they are NOT family friendly!) 

I redid my initial image as the shadows weren't matching well. Just playing today. I'd love to figure out the right dual lobe specular settings for her. I haven't messed too much with those and the older generations. Been playing with the new people lately.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
    edited September 2017

So, more than half a day passed, and the store still isn't working properly. Mega fast grab is NOT reaching it's proper discount.

Okay, so not buying.

Post edited by cherpenbeck on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,577
    edited September 2017

...yeah just saw that. Looking at both of Nimos' buses and they show 5.23$ when the actual price at 66% off should be 5.08$ (66% of 14.95$).  Also the additional discount for having a "Still New Release" (Short Pigtails) in teh cart is not applying either as they still show the 5.23$ pricen not 3.74$.

Being on a very tight budget this is frustrating as finally there's a new release I can afford and have use for as well as a couple items that have been on my wishlist or a while.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Mega Fast Grab seems to be working now.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2017

The Naomi store is weird- it flashes, shows a few things, then nothing on the page. I just did it again and it was 15 items on the page. Flash. Nothing. And no total shown. Just says 0 items. I have Hide What I Own checked, but even unchecking it does nothing. And I don't own Naomi stuff. (It's in MegaF.grab)

Post edited by Novica on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2017

Wow, that Naomi store even does that when you go Shop>Vendor. Flickers, flashes, then gone. I see it long enough to know it's marked 66% off.

Post edited by Novica on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Novica said:

The Naomi store is weird- it flashes, shows a few things, then nothing on the page. I just did it again and it was 15 items on the page. Flash. Nothing. And no total shown. Just says 0 items. I have Hide What I Own checked, but even unchecking it does nothing. And I don't own Naomi stuff. (It's in MegaF.grab)

Seems to be working here (Firefox).  Maybe try again, or try a different browser, or is it possible you have "hide items I own" checked and you own them all?  or some browser plugin interfering with something?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,577

Mega Fast Grab seems to be working now.

...thank you.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    edited September 2017
    Novica said:

You have the software filter enabled in the browser addon. Since everything in that store is for Carrara only, it hides them, as you have indicated that you are not interested in Carrara items.

To show these items, enable all software on the options page. Or just enjoy the fact that you won't accidentally buy stuff that won't work in DS anyway. :)

Post edited by Ati on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567
    Ati said:
    Novica said:

You have the software filter enabled in the browser addon. Since everything in that store is for Carrara only, it hides them, as you have indicated that you are not interested in Carrara items.

To show these items, enable all software on the options page. Or just enjoy the fact that you won't accidentally buy stuff that won't work in DS anyway. :)

glad I read this. I was having the same issue and didn't think to look at the software requirements and put a few things in my cart that I have now removed, LOL

kyoto kid said:

...yeah just saw that. Looking at both of Nimos' buses and they show 5.23$ when the actual price at 66% off should be 5.08$ (66% of 14.95$).  Also the additional discount for having a "Still New Release" (Short Pigtails) in teh cart is not applying either as they still show the 5.23$ pricen not 3.74$.

Being on a very tight budget this is frustrating as finally there's a new release I can afford and have use for as well as a couple items that have been on my wishlist or a while.

What happens when you add a Debut new release? Seems to me previous days it was only a Debut item that would trigger the discount. If a debut item works, it means someone forgot to update the code to include the Still New.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2017
    Novica said:

type "Naomi" into the store search page and it will show all of her products. Did the same for me with Naomi and Nimos.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    Ati said:
    Novica said:

glad I read this. I was having the same issue and didn't think to look at the software requirements and put a few things in my cart that I have now removed, LOL

Well, drat. Now I have to ask for a refund on some great "normal" men's hairs that are lacking in DAZ!
    But Nimo's Buses work in Studio, from what I've read here.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Novica said:

Well, drat. Now I have to ask for a refund on some great "normal" men's hairs that are lacking in DAZ!

I've tried the Coach obj, doesn't work. It loads, but not even a mesh. Maybe it's supposed to be imported from Bryce.

Taoz said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Novica said:

I've tried the Coach obj, doesn't work. It loads, but not even a mesh. Maybe it's supposed to be imported from Bryce.

Well the problem seems to be that all shaders are set to Opacity 0, when setting them to 100% it shows up. But they're pretty unusable in DS, IMO.

nimos_coach_ds.jpg
    692 x 461 - 36K
  • L'Adair said:
    Orpheus13 said:
    L'Adair said:
    Orpheus13 said:

Reasonably high. They'll eventually be giving them away as a bonus for buying a new release.

Kidding?

There is never a guarantee Daz will repeat previous types of offers, but once G3F was a year old or so, we started seeing sales with buy a new release and get one, (sometimes more than one,) older item(s) free. Several times, in the list of possible free-with-purchase products, we saw the three base morph packs.

Ok,so if it's after a year I'll have no regret. ;) What are the three base Morph packs?

@Orpheus13. For the guys, they are Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs, Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs, Genesis 8 Male Expressions; and for the gals they are Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs, Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs, Genesis 8 Female Expressions.

Damn, typically the stuff I can't wait a year to get! Thanks for the info.
  • So I'm tempted by Archidefect and Metal Mania, but I don't know the guy and I'm still tempted by Ron' Concrete and / or Ron's Apocalypse. We all love Ron's stuff, does anybody know how those products compare ? The promo art from RajRaja is inferior but of course it might not reflect the real difference between the products...

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited September 2017
    Petercat said:

Taoz said:

Well the problem seems to be that all shaders are set to Opacity 0, when setting them to 100% it shows up. But they're pretty unusable in DS, IMO.

Once you do a few steps they look very good in DS. I discuss both in my Big City thread. Go here for Nimos Transit Bus, here for rigging the bus doors if you want to open them, and here for the Nimos Coach.

Here's the transit bus and coach in DS:

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • Taoz said:
    Taoz said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Novica said:

Once the opacity is adjusted to 100% and then set to 10% or so for the glass it can be used in DS; altough some textures may have to be applied manually. Here is a quick play of it in DS.

Nimos Coach.jpg
    1155 x 905 - 561K
  • Is there supposed to be an actual aging product today? I don't see one on the sales page... https://www.daz3d.com/annual-premier-artist-sale-2017

• Overdrawn said:

Is there supposed to be an actual aging product today? I don't see one on the sales page... https://www.daz3d.com/annual-premier-artist-sale-2017

Nah it's just the old guy.

Overdrawn said:

Is there supposed to be an actual aging product today? I don't see one on the sales page... https://www.daz3d.com/annual-premier-artist-sale-2017

"Old Chap" is a an old man character, but can be dialed into other characters to age them. Nothing at all like Zev0's Aging Morphs, yet a simple way to add a bit of age to any of your G3 or G8 male characters.

• Gotcha. I'd thought it said Old Cap. :-P
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Overdrawn said:
    Gotcha. I'd thought it said Old Cap. :-P

It's a Kayleyss character, so chances are he's pretty amazing! :) I'd buy him but I don't render older men enough to make it worth while. But as he's a Kayleyss character, I have no doubt that he's a really good character with awesome detailing. 

RGcincy said:
    Petercat said:

Taoz said:

Once you do a few steps they look very good in DS. I discuss both in my Big City thread. Go here for Nimos Transit Bus, here for rigging the bus doors if you want to open them, and here for the Nimos Coach.

Here's the transit bus and coach in DS:

Oh that looks good, will try that. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.