Please make better jeans/pants for men

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869
    edited January 2017

Pants need seams and real details. They need to look good without the accompanying top... many men's pants have no waist detail because the outfit is meant to cover the waist.

Yep. Here's BB3D Fashions: After 5   Which is a shame because the vendor has gone to the trouble of making individual slider morphs for adjustments and put in other details. I still like the pants, but he definitely keeps his shirt on!

Nomad pants didn't have any morphs in the Parameters, you had to go into Scene and click through. (Annoying btw) But Nomad has a good waist.

H&C Casual A of course passed the waist test. Never scrimps on details.

pantsnomad.png
    191 x 400 - 102K
    pantscasualaffair.png
    191 x 400 - 132K
    pantsafter5.png
    191 x 400 - 109K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Nadino said:

It's probably not going to get better.  Only the Gen 4's were as hard to rig for as Genesis 3, especially in the crotch/frontal area where there have to be overlapping JCMs.

I agree, it is really a difficult area to work with. But it has to get better in general. Some creators are already doing the work.

And I think it's unfair to price things that appear to be slapped together on the same tier as those creations that are properly optimized.
    By optimized I mean the creation should have clean topology and uvs, reinforced wrinkles, finished hems, proper rigging and contain the "special" JCMs, MCMs, and correct character fits, etc.

It's not much to ask for, like I said, some creators are already doing it.

I believe it can be done as well; it's just going to take some effort on the part of the published artists to think outside the box when it comes to total design.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582

Novica said:

Yep. Here's BB3D Fashions: After 5   Which is a shame because the vendor has gone to the trouble of making individual slider morphs for adjustments and put in other details. I still like the pants, but he definitely keeps his shirt on!

The problem with that outfit  is that flat buttoned up collar. If your going out that casual your not buttoning your shirt up like that plus it looks horribly flat. Collars are sadly another problem area. 

Agree with you about the pants those. Nice comparison renders

• I know we're not supposed to link to the other store, but there is a vendor over there called Kang1hyun, who makes some really gorgeous pants for men. Most of their stuff is for genesis or g2, but still it's modeled very well, looks realistic, and autofits to g3m nicely. Also not too expensive. ;)

Kang1hyun Straight Jean A.png
    1050 x 1699 - 2M
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

More often than not these days I have decided NOT to buy clothing, even if I can get it dirt cheap, if it doesn't look realistic enough. Have too many of this tube-like stuff already ...

edited January 2017

I know we're not supposed to link to the other store, but there is a vendor over there called Kang1hyun, who makes some really gorgeous pants for men. Most of their stuff is for genesis or g2, but still it's modeled very well, looks realistic, and autofits to g3m nicely. Also not too expensive. ;)

Those are nice looking jeans. I so rarely attempt to autofit gen 2 stuff to gen 3 male because I am so often disappointed but those look good! Thanks for the recommendation.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I know we're not supposed to link to the other store, but there is a vendor over there called Kang1hyun, who makes some really gorgeous pants for men. Most of their stuff is for genesis or g2, but still it's modeled very well, looks realistic, and autofits to g3m nicely. Also not too expensive. ;)

I have nothing to go on, beyond the obvious quality of the products, but I've always thought Kang1hyun at Rendo and IH Kang here were the same vendor. And I love IH Kang's clothing products. He/she pays attention to details, and I really appreciate that.

Now ya'll are making me want the nomad pants! I hope her store goes on sale so I can buy those! =-)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited January 2017

Those look outstanding! I have no idea how I missed them...

Outstanding?

Nope, better than many, but I agree the quality is not there; I have few male items and usually resort to dynamincs

I can appreciate that they are difficult to rig, but that is not an excuse; I have a few items I've made (cars mainly) that I have considered, but - rigging has put me off. (The car in my sig is one).

Post edited by nicstt on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

would like jeans with unzip poses or morphs, saw 1 for m4 once on ros'y

MistyMist said:

http://www.daz3d.com/jeanz-for-genesis-3

This product has an open jeans morph.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

MistyMist said:

http://www.daz3d.com/jeanz-for-genesis-3

This product has an open jeans morph.

tysmiley

didnt have luck finding the m4 jeans on rmp, but found the m4 promo i saw em on, -  HRD-Simon for M4

• marblemarble Posts: 7,459
    edited January 2017
    MistyMist said:

I really like the IH Kang clothing but they all lack open/close/wind/etc. morphs.

The problem I'm having with all pants - actually shorts and panties, really - is the way they cling to the inside thigh at the groin. Real shorts and underwear does not do that. The result is often ugly stretching. I posted pictures of the Daisy shorts in the thread about Jeanz for G3M/G3F but no response from the vendor..

Post edited by marble on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,845

Even though I don't render males much, I feel I am pretty well covered in the pants area for now. Casualwear dress pants for M4 autofitted, GF2 horror survivors tight jeans autofitted, streetweat jeans for genesis autofitted, and Smays tactical pants. Now shoes are something I need more than pants, LOL.

Buying virtual clothes is just like in real life. You buy a bunch of clothes and the ones that fit just right you wear the crap out of them, LOL.

Where do you find Casualwear Dress Pants for M4? They look great, and I need them badly! I have the others, and I agree wholeheartedly.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,845

Novica said:

The problem with that outfit  is that flat buttoned up collar. If your going out that casual your not buttoning your shirt up like that plus it looks horribly flat. Collars are sadly another problem area. 

German SS Black Uniform WWII @ R---------y has a novel solution for the collar conundrum: Make the collar/tie a separate mesh, and place it atop the buttoned shirt. It works, and the collar looks realistic. We badly need a Giorgio Armani style suit for men (that actually fits), and I think it will have to be an unknown vendor or Luthbel who gives it to us (probably for $34.95 list) because we'll need separate geometries for the open and closed jacket.

We need more realistic-fitting EVERYTHING for men. I was auditioning clothes for my leading man, and I thought I would have twenty or more decent ensembles, that is, until I rendered them and saw what they looked like. The ones that passed muster were by Luthbel, Luthbellina, Uzilite, IH Kang/kang1hyun, Stonemason/Streetwear, and Rhiannon (V4 autofit thanks to Valzheimer).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,682
    xyer0 said:

Even though I don't render males much, I feel I am pretty well covered in the pants area for now. Casualwear dress pants for M4 autofitted, GF2 horror survivors tight jeans autofitted, streetweat jeans for genesis autofitted, and Smays tactical pants. Now shoes are something I need more than pants, LOL.

Buying virtual clothes is just like in real life. You buy a bunch of clothes and the ones that fit just right you wear the crap out of them, LOL.

Where do you find Casualwear Dress Pants for M4? They look great, and I need them badly! I have the others, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Here you go

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/casual-wear-for-m4/95009/

• Regarding the general quality and value aspect of this thread (i.e. not just for males), there is a new clothing set out at the otheR place that is remarkable. ( <--- hence remark)

Twenty bucks for fixed, vaguely-coloured blobware isn't going to cut it for much longer.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

Regarding the general quality and value aspect of this thread (i.e. not just for males), there is a new clothing set out at the otheR place that is remarkable. ( <--- hence remark)

Twenty bucks for fixed, vaguely-coloured blobware isn't going to cut it for much longer.

What is the name of the product? I can't find anything new for G3M. But then, I can never find my way around that store.

• "(i.e. not just for males)"

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

"(i.e. not just for males)"

I'm not sure why you won't name the product, but instead give cryptic clues. I see Street Sport Style for G3F. Maybe that is it. It is new. It doesn't have jeans, though. Boyfriend Jeans???? Not new, though, I don't think.

barbult said:

I'm not sure why you won't name the product, but instead give cryptic clues. I see Street Sport Style for G3F. Maybe that is it. It is new. It doesn't have jeans, though. Boyfriend Jeans???? Not new, though, I don't think.

+1

Could you at least share the vendor name? And which figure it's for, G3F, G3M, G2F, G2M, etc.?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,682
    barbult said:

Agreed. I have searched and found nothing that fits the bill.

edited January 2017

There is so much more female clothing, that I tend to think it looks slightly better than a lot of the male work I see. Perhaps it is just a perception though. There is still a fair amount of amateur stuff made for women, but when a PA hits a home run, that seems to happen more too..

It does appear that there are a LOT of problem areas on the men. The neck and collar, the groin, and the shoulders come to mind. Many shirts are so tight in the arm area, that it is surprising unless they are wearing spandex that they can move their arms. The underwear can look really awkward, espeially if you use muscle morphs and it conforms to the ridges of the waist.... In odd ways. Autofit if you use something old, will frequently tear or look distorted around the crotch area looking awkward.

What I'd love to see is some of the pa's who can rig make some basics. Jeans, shirts, underwear, tank tops, socks. That sort of thing. If I had the basic men's wardrobe covered I would really be happy. 

I'd also love some clothing modeled with the male character wearing his genitals. Men have anatomical elements. It looks weird to leave those off and just resort to bulges when depicting underewear or clothing where gentialia would be noticible.

Post edited by Serene Night on

There is so much more female clothing, that I tend to think it looks slightly better than a lot of the male work I see. Perhaps it is just a perception though. There is still a fair amount of amateur stuff made for women, but when a PA hits a home run, that seems to happen more too..

It does appear that there are a LOT of problem areas on the men. The neck and collar, the groin, and the shoulders come to mind. Many shirts are so tight in the arm area, that it is surprising unless they are wearing spandex that they can move their arms. The underwear can look really awkward, espeially if you use muscle morphs and it conforms to the ridges of the waist.... In odd ways. Autofit if you use something old, will frequently tear or look distorted around the crotch area looking awkward.

What I'd love to see is some of the pa's who can rig make some basics. Jeans, shirts, underwear, tank tops, socks. That sort of thing. If I had the basic men's wardrobe covered I would really be happy. 

I'd also love some clothing modeled with the male character wearing his genitals. Men have anatomical elements. It looks weird to leave those off and just resort to bulges when depicting underewear or clothing where gentialia would be noticible.

I'd just be happy with realistic bulges. Maybe a high-poly geograft... if we had multiple item collision... I suppose such a product would have to be sold elsewhere. But until we have the ability to make the clothing collide with both the base and geograft, such a product isn't viable. (I've seen SY's bulge product over at Rendo. I think it does very well with the current constraints.)

Well, there are pa's here who sell some improved male anatomical element shapes like M3M. And I've seen female characters sold here with thier own gens. Perhaps they could just sell an adult male non-base with his own gen shape. 

But seriously there are breast packs for ladies and crack removal packs.  I fail to see much difference in selling a bulge alteration pack. Doesn't seem that different to me.

But the fact is, we are moving towards realism, and groins are a bit unreal and static looking. Especially if the guy hits the beach in his speedo. =-)

• Well, there are pa's here who sell some improved male anatomical element shapes like M3M. And I've seen female characters sold here with thier own gens. Perhaps they could just sell an adult male non-base with his own gen shape. 

But seriously there are breast packs for ladies and crack removal packs.  I fail to see much difference in selling a bulge alteration pack. Doesn't seem that different to me.

But the fact is, we are moving towards realism, and groins are a bit unreal and static looking. Especially if the guy hits the beach in his speedo. =-)

Yeah, the geograft itself needs some attention, as if it was more adaptable, I think some interesting results could be made to happen. wink

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,295

Peter is gaining a reputation for being cryptic and evasive for no reason:http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2051201/#Comment_2051201  lol :P 

• barbult said:

I'm not sure why you won't name the product, but instead give cryptic clues.

Forum moderation here has been inconsistent and arbitrary when it comes to mentioning products and stores elsewhere, so I'm careful unless responding to a direct item request (which is explicitly permitted).

I thought I was very clear that my post was addressing "the general quality and value aspect of this thread", and wanted to point (carefully) to a clothing set that is of astonishing quality and value in comparison to recent items here. If folks want to take that and go charging off looking for jeans and pants for G3M, sorry - not my comprehesion problem.

You've spotted and named the item in question. Would you like to see that kind of product here?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I think he's refraining from mentioning hte actual product due to it being at the "other store" and perhaps he doesn't want to knock an actual product in public, in case there are problems. Don't blame him. Things can go kinda pear shaped real quick nowadays.  

Peter is gaining a reputation for being cryptic and evasive for no reason:http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2051201/#Comment_2051201  lol :P 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

These are still the best looking jeans I've seen:

http://www.daz3d.com/streetwear-jeans-for-genesis

I autofit them all the time to G3 simply because they LOOK like jeans and they render fantastically. And considering they were made by someone who is known for doing environments/props only, (at least in the hobby daz world), he blew just about every other outfit outta the water in terms of quality and looks. And this was back in the good ol' Genesis days.