It's Raining Men - Forum Team Challenge to the Forum Community (winners announced)

Comments

• LOL! I know. Just feels like one of those pageants on tv where the winner will be announced after this ad break.

just pulling your leg.

I wonder how much we could charge for the slot?

• PandaB5PandaB5 Posts: 250

Don't even consider it!  You know Vicky 4 has the most money and she'll fill that slot with naked pictures of herself posing with swords!  The horror!

• PandaB5 said:

Don't even consider it!  You know Vicky 4 has the most money and she'll fill that slot with naked pictures of herself posing with swords!  The horror!

You forgot about the temple she'll be at when taking those photos.

• So, travel companies and armaments manufacturers might be interested in a sponsorship deal? Thanks.

• Ladies, gentlemen, and assorted livestock - lend me your eyes.

I come to praise renderers, and to bury them in goodies.

Judging was very tough, not surprisingly with such a strong field of entries, but after a certain amount of plotting and arguing and a final round of stabbing on the steps of the Moderator Senate we have a final list of winners and their awards so, with no further ado (other than the bustle of paramedics and lictors) here are the results:

It's Raining Men - Main Challenge

1st Prize
    Will You Join Me?  
    Barbult 
    Wins $30, 3 items from Zev0's store 1 item from Slosh's Store and 1 item from Cris Palomino's store

2nd prize
    Viktorio, the mechanic
    Sithlordsims
    Wins $25, 2 Items from Zev0's store 1 item from Slosh's Store and 1 item from Cris Palomino's store

3rd prize
    Ruins
    scorpio
    Wins $20, 1 Item from Zev0's store 1 item from Slosh's Store and 1 item from Cris Palomino's store

Honourable Mention
    So you've been good all year
    gerterasmus
    Wins $10, 1 Item from Neilv"s store, and 1 item from Code66's store

Honourable Mention
    MERLIN
    dvitola

Honourable Mention
    Big Day
    littlebud

It's Raining Men - Repurposed Female Item Side Challenge

1st Prize
    Blacksmith
    JackReason
    Wins $20

2nd Prize
    Old Rock Star
    luci45 
    Wins $10

Claiming your prizes

Store credit from the mods will be transferred to your accounts automatically. The non-mod GC contributors will be sending a code to the second and third listed Honourable Mentions directly.

For store items, please place the items you pick in an otherwise empty cart (ideally in Daz working hours) and PM an active mod with the list of items - we will then ask Daz to process the cart as a free order.

• Congratulations, winners!!! Renders all deserving a win.  One or two of my favorites was even up there.  Just glad I didn't have to judge.  Thanks to all of the moderators for putting this together.  It was a lot of fun and we all got to see some outstanding renders!!

As soon as I find out who gets my GC donation to the prize pool, I'll send out a pm with the code.  Again, great renders guys.  Congratulations!!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

We have also moved the thread we used for judging into the Art Studio, so you can see all the images without any posts in between.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/68488/mod-challenge-it-s-raining-men-thread-for-judging

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Congratulatios to the winners. So many winners, and honorable mentions! It was a fun contest, and a difficult one to judge, I'm sure. So very many great renders. It was an honor to compete with so many talented artists. I don't suppose we could make this an annual event, could we?

And I'd just like to say thank you for the thread in the Art Studio. Much easier to view the entries there.

Also... Thank you, judges, for your time. Thank you to all who provided the prizes. There wouldn't have been a contest without you all.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

Congratulations to all the winners and entrants (it takes will just to create and be satisfied enough to call it finished).  Thanks to all the judges and sponsors.

Lets do this again, sooner rather than later!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Congratulations to all the winners and kudos to the Judges.

• Congratulations winners!  It was wonderful seeing so many great male renders!  Hopefully we'll get to do it again soon. :D

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Wow! I'm thrilled to be included in the winners list. Thank you for the honor and for all the hard work you put into running the contest and judging. I imagine selecting winners was tough. There were a lot of good images submitted. It will be fun to go back through them all in the new link you gave.smiley

• dvitoladvitola Posts: 136

I am so happy to see my image in the winners circle. Thank you all so much. It was great fun! Denise

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,389

congratulations everyone :)

• Congrats to the winners. Great images!

• Wow, I never expected to win the side challenge. There were a lot of great images. Thank you everyone.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited January 2016

I think all the images were excellent. I tend to disagree with judges most of the time on winning entries in art contests so I hope those who didn't win aren't discouraged since there were many excellent entries here.

That said, congratulations to those who did win.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • PandaB5PandaB5 Posts: 250

Congratulations to the winners - I suspect many of you will probably be using your prizes to buy your dudes a shirt laugh

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    PandaB5 said:

I suspect many of you will probably be using your prizes to buy your dudes a shirt laugh

More likely lotion or sun oil...wink

A big congratulations to all the winners! Now I'm just waiting to be told who to send my money to. smiley

• MardookMardook Posts: 291

Congrats! Lovely set of renders and men! :D

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

Congratulations the Winners, and many thanks to the Judges for creating a fun contest :-)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Congrats to all the winners! There were so many good works, no wonder it took them so long to decide.

• Congratulations to the winners! Outstanding images!

All the entries looked great, must have been a tough job for the mods.

Thanks for putting the challenge together.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

This was a fun challenge and very topical.  Congratulations to the winners.  Also to the judges because there were so many excellent entries to evaluate.    Thank you Daz forum moderators for the idea and for implementing it.  I had a great time seeing  what everyone came up with.

• OMG! I got an honourable mention! Never thought I stood even a chance, what with all the absolutely AMAZING entries.

Thank you SO much to all the Mods involved and to everyone who entered. This was a really fun (and sexy) competition.

laughlaughlaugh

• Oh Glorious God! 

I am very happy with my second place! I want to thank everyone were involved in choice and those who donated the prizes.
    Thank you so much!   heartlaughheart

And I want to congratulate the other placed and all those who participated. It really was fun and sexy wink

• Congrats the winners - great images!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Congratulations to all the winners - well done smiley - it was fun seeing such a wide variety, so congrats to all the entrants too.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Congrats to the winners, and a great thank you to the judges for putting all the effort into making such a tough choice. :-D

• Congratulations to all the winners and the honorable mentions. Thanks the mods for putting everything in one thread so we can see them together.

I do have something to ask, is it possible to find out where our own entries fell in relation to the winners. I'd just like to know if mine would have been the next honorable if one was awarded, or number 140. Since I've never entered here before I don't know if this is possible. It's hard to improve if you don't know how bad you are (in relation to the winners of course). None of my 3 entries even got a comment so I don't know. I mean, I didn't expect to win or even place, but to get no feedback is hard to take.

Again, congrats to the winners, honorables, judges, and everyone who entered. Looking foreward to the next one (hint, hint).