It's Raining Men - Forum Team Challenge to the Forum Community (winners announced)

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited January 2016 in The Commons

It's Raining Men

Men and Male clothing seem to have been hitting the headlines recently so the Daz 3D Forum Team have decided it might be fun to have one of their occasional Render Challenges for the members of the Forum Community.

So show us your best Male renders.

Any Humanoid Male figures can be used.

The Challenge has Two Parts

Prize(s) for the best Render

A separate prize or Prizes for the Best re-purposed Non Male clothing Item.

(Please note this doesn't mean just stuffing poor Michael (or whoever) into a dress -  it needs to be a genuine alternative usage of a non male item.)

All images will be entered for Best Image; any image which uses and mentions a re-purposed item will be entered for Best re-purposed item. However no image can win the same level in both categories.

For the re-purposing we will favour those who give some explanation of how they re-purposed.

The Moderators are busy emptying Piggy Banks and searching down the back of their sofas to find some dosh to fund some Store Credit Prizes.

They will gratefully receive any further donations to the prize Kitty from anyone who wants to join in the fun.

Challenge will run to the end of the Year, to give you plenty of time to do your best for our poor hard done by 3D men.

Rules  

You can enter up to 3 Images

They must all be new renders, not ones you had already done (but can be posted to other concurrent contests, such as the PCI) and can be added to your Gallery, once posted here.

Keep it within the TOS.

Addendum    "With the release of Genesis 3 Male/Michael 7 we thought that some people might want to revisit some of their renders, especially those who have already made two or three entries, so we are officially allowing revisions or replacements of existing renders - just edit the post to say Not an Entry in big, bold letters so we will probably get the right image when judging (allowing for the fact that we will be enjoying our post Christmas and new year hangovers)."

Post edited by DAZ_Steve_2154153 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2015

Prize donations

So far we have donations to the prize Kitty from

1:- Store credit or GCs 

R Haseltine

Frank0314

Chohole

2:-  PAs donating prizes from their stores

Zev0  3 products for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd places

Slosh  1 product each  for 1st 2nd and 3rd places (excluding bundles)

Cris Palomino

NeilV 1  1 product each for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places

Totte (AKA Code66)

3:- Forum Members donations to Prize Kitty

Isodorn has pledged $10

Knittingmommy has pledged $10

Dark Spartan hopes to offer copies of his new character to the winners.

If anyone wants to donate a prize please PM frank0314 or email [email protected]

Post edited by Chohole on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Cho, do we post the contest images here in teh thread, or the gallery with a tag?

Here in this thread Please

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296

Can the renders be entered into other competetions and or posted elsewhere?

edited November 2015

Hang on, I will ask Richard and get back to you on that.

And Richard's reply

Well, if it was a case of a concurrent contest I don't see why not - post in PC Inspirations and ours, if that's allowed by the other contest. And I don't see why they shouldn't post to a gallery at the same time as entering

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    Chohole said:

Hang on, I will ask Richard and get back to you on that.

And Richard's reply

Well, if it was a case of a concurrent contest I don't see why not - post in PC Inspirations and ours, if that's allowed by the other contest. And I don't see why they shouldn't post to a gallery at the same time as entering

Thanks - but I'm now a bit unsure is that a Yes or a Yes but only Daz contests and Daz gallery?

Pretty much I thinks, as this is a quasi-official contest which was spawned from things that were going on in the Daz 3D forums.  Not quite so much on the Galleries part, but we would prefer it to stay with Daz for the length of the contest.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,997

Thank you, Chohole, for being responsive to the issues we discuss in the forums.  Much appreciated.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586

Sounds fun!   Better get rendering after work.  How long until the deadline?

• Sounds fun!   Better get rendering after work.  How long until the deadline?

Cho said it would run until the end of the year.

Trish

edited November 2015
    diomede said:

Thank you, Chohole, for being responsive to the issues we discuss in the forums.  Much appreciated.

It's a team intiiative, the whole team is involved, not just me.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    edited November 2015

Nah, you are the "face of the franchise," the band's "frontman" (OK, front woman), the iceberg's tip, the...  yes      In any case, much appreciation to all concerned.  And after I started brainstorming outfit ideas, don't think I haven't noticed the new promo images with the construction outfit http://www.daz3d.com/wasteland-poses      and the pilot/racer jacket!     http://www.daz3d.com/radioactive-outfit-textures    Coincidence?  I think n. ///     OK, yes, it is just a coincidence. cheeky

diomede said:

It's a team iniative, the whole team is involved, not just me.

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited November 2015
    diomede said:

Nah, you are the "face of the franchise," the band's "frontman" (OK, front woman), the iceberg's tip, the...  yes      In any case, much appreciation to all concerned.  And after I started brainstorming outfit ideas, don't think I haven't noticed the new promo images with the construction outfit http://www.daz3d.com/wasteland-poses      and the pilot/racer jacket!     http://www.daz3d.com/radioactive-outfit-textures    Coincidence?  I think n. ///     OK, yes, it is just a coincidence. cheeky

Stranger things have happened

Can the render also have some women?  Think I know, but want to make sure.

We agreed that yes women can be included, but the Male, or Males must be the primary focus.

• I go away for 24 hours and look what happens!!! I'm excited.  I just pm'd Frank with my pledge.  I can't wait to see all of the renders get posted.  Hmmm, thinking of something great.....

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,805

What's the entry deadline? When will winners be announced?

I suppose if it has to remain within TOS guidelines, we couldn't just put one of the guys into Tangled. Pity, that.

vwrangler said:

I suppose if it has to remain within TOS guidelines, we couldn't just put one of the guys into Tangled. Pity, that.

1} End of the year

2} when they are sorted out by the judges

3} Yes definitely

1&2 were answered before they were asked in the Opening Post, however it doesn't hurt to repeat it. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    vwrangler said:

Deadline is the end of the year...but get it posted before going off the the New Year's Eve parties...

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,133
    edited November 2015
    mjc1016 said:
    vwrangler said:

Deadline is the end of the year...but get it posted before going off the the New Year's Eve parties...

*hic* i shecun tha"

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,805
    edited November 2015
    vwrangler said:

Chohole said:

1} End of the year

2} when they are sorted out by the judges

3} Yes definitely

1&2 were answered before they were asked in the Opening Post, however it doesn't hurt to repeat it. 

Ah, sorry. Completely missed that.

*hic* i shecun tha"

Starting the celebrations a couple months early, perhaps?
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 705
    edited December 2015

I'll start off :D  Just finished this render today...

Entry#1 The Bridegroom

Post edited by mal3Imagery on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Mr T

000 01 mr T.jpg
    1028 x 1028 - 259K
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    mjc1016 said:
    vwrangler said:

Most of the world will already be in next year when new year hits DAZ time so I think there's a chance there could be some rather... interesting last minute entries.devil

• I'm betting people would love to know what things you guys use in your renders.  Great way to start things off....thanks!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,778

Wheeee! Excitement! This will be sooooo much fun, Thanks fot the opportunity!

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    edited November 2015

To be honest, when I started this thread ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65161/it-s-not-raining-men/p1 ) it had a different name, to get some attention. Didn't think it would lead anywhere, because these kind of topics always seem to be a dead end. BUT, there were quite a few people that agreed, so I sent a link to the DAZ team to get them involved in the conversation as well. They changed the name to something a bit more... catchy, and it sparked another thread ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65357/the-male-content-creation-mutual-support-group-thread/p1 ) dedicated to forum members creating male content.

It surprised me to see the reaction of the community, and that DAZ themselves got involved. And now, thanks to Chohole, we have this. And it's amazing to see someone like Mal3Imagery get involved as well.

I have only one thing to say...

HALLELUJAH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDt-lM2ulI

edited November 2015

You can't embed Youtube vids in this forum software, you will need to just post a direct link, so I corrected it for you.

I do wish we did have the embed feature back again.  In one thread in the old, old forum we managed to actually have a (sort of) conversation just using youtube embeds.

It was quite comical.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166

To be honest, when I started this thread ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65161/it-s-not-raining-men/p1 ) it had a different name, to get some attention. Didn't think it would lead anywhere, because these kind of topics always seem to be a dead end. BUT, there were quite a few people that agreed, so I sent a link to the DAZ team to get them involved in the conversation as well. They changed the name to something a bit more... catchy, and it sparked another thread ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65357/the-male-content-creation-mutual-support-group-thread/p1 ) dedicated to forum members creating male content.

It surprised me to see the reaction of the community, and that DAZ themselves got involved. And now, thanks to Chohole, we have this. And it's amazing to see someone like Mal3Imagery get involved as well.

I have only one thing to say...

HALLELUJAH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDt-lM2ulI

It was the whole mod team that decided to do this. We jsut decided to let Cho post it.