It's Raining Men - Forum Team Challenge to the Forum Community (winners announced)

Comments

• vadimtvadimt Posts: 33

Well, I published something called "It's Raining Men" on DeviantArt month and a half ago - I am pretty proud of it, but it wouldn't make to daz3d gallery: let's say there is no repurposed clothes there, because there are zero clothes between five male characters. Anyway, it is really raining now even here in California, so I decided to submit this sunny nostalgic scene.

• vadimtvadimt Posts: 33

I am not even sure whether this would qualify for the challenge - I already posted it on DA a month ago. But there are never too many sunny nostalgic images, so here it goes. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 2015

Not an entry

Was searching for something I had modeled a while ago and came across this genesis-based character I put together for the celebrity thread.  Here is a quick render of a demon on wheels.  Could probably do a much better job on the 5 car now.

speed 1a.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 132K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • up4up4 Posts: 8
    edited December 2015

Free Genesis 3 Eddie Maps
    Free one-light HDR environment image-based lighting
    Free Google Zync Arnold credits for rendering
    No postprocessing whatsoever

If you are going to do a male study, please don’t make it about how a guy accessorizes

This is a work in progress

Want to see more ?

Moine2-012.jpg
    720 x 1080 - 120K
    Post edited by up4 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This render challenge was made in response to several threads which were bemoaning the lack of quantity and variety in male clothing in the store, so therefore the emphasis is on the clothing, and encouraging people to kitbash or repurpose clothing for the male characters.

• up4up4 Posts: 8

Yep, I'm of the bemoaning ones. I don't think many of us will be posting here, hence my "Want to see more ?".

I guess not.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Very nice. By your post count, I gather you're new to the forums. Welcome to the madness. angel

up4 said:

If you are going to do a male study, please don’t make it about how a guy accessorizes

Actually, this thread isn't a "male study."

There is a "long" history that brought about this contest, started by a thread where one community member lamented the dearth of products, espcially clothing, supporting the male models, (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65161/). That thread also spawned the (Male) Content Creation Mutual Support Group Thread, (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65357/).

The problem is really one of supply and demand. Clothing products for the female models sell more copies, therefore making the PAs more money for the same effort as they put into male clothing. This contest is one of many ways to prove to those creating content that those of us buying content do indeed want more products for the men.

So in a way, this contest is more of a study about "how a guy accessorizes!" laugh

Well that is not to say that we are excluding non-clothed, or clothed but not kit-bashed, renders though, as long as the renders are within the TOS.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited December 2015
    up4 said:

Yep, I'm of the bemoaning ones. I don't think many of us will be posting here, hence my "Want to see more ?".

I guess not.

Of course we want to see more! Have you discovered the Show Us Your Iray Renders thread yet? (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65813/) While we do concentrate on using the Iray render engine, there is a nice mix of useful information, answers to questions and georgeous renders. I think you'd feel right at home, and I hope to see you there.
    smiley

ETA: Whoops. I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't post in this thread, only that I think you'd enjoy the other thread as well.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 2015

RE: accessories.  The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.  laugh

Mine was inspired by childhood memories.  I remain unabashed.  As they say in basketball, you can't stop me, you can only hope to contain me.

@up4.  Add me to what L'Adair said, welcome to the forums.  Love your render.  Hope to see more. 

speed checkered.jpg
    500 x 385 - 60K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 2015

In the spirit of Elizabethan and Jacobean theatre, here's FWSA Aiden for M7: Playing Portia.  Not so much a re-purposing but definitely a transfer of Medieval Princess for G3F, Nimue Hair for G2F and Glamorous Riva Accessories (necklace)

Raining Men - Playing Portia.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 505K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

HAH.. I love that one! heart

RAMWolff said:

HAH.. I love that one! heart

Yes indeed.  True Shakespearian theatre

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133

Thank you both smiley

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i'm tryin but his skin rendering orange, when i tint with blue he rendering purple >.<

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    edited December 2015
    Take me to churh 2.jpg
    3000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by gerterasmus on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 2015

g3m Eddie wearing g3f Jenne's Dark Storm
    necessary cuz he haz no other partyware

"too sexeh for this pahrtay"

and rosehill moor props  and medieval interior behind them

121b.png
    867 x 931 - 1M
    121.png
    1112 x 931 - 2M
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • Marmalade BoyMarmalade Boy Posts: 103
    edited December 2015

ENTRY 1: re-purposed Non Male clothing

Title:  Come Forth 

Made with:

Genesis 2/Michael 6  (http://www.daz3d.com/apollo-for-michael-6)

Princess Zyanya for Genesis 2 Female (http://www.daz3d.com/princess-zyanya-for-genesis-2-female-s)

Leyton Hair (http://www.daz3d.com/leyton-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s-and-genesis-2-female-s)

Azteck.6.jpg
    1280 x 997 - 1M
    Post edited by Marmalade Boy on
  • Here's my entry, although there are so many gorgeous renders in here I know it doesn't stand a chance. He's wearing a woman's skin, hair, and shirt.

Jack Frost

Genesis base male

Muse shirt for Genesis female

Yunko hair for Genesis female

texture from Nieves for V4

Castle Window

Metalized Glass Shaders

Let It Snow

Ron's Frost

Ron's Winter Collection

rendered in 3Delight

jack frost.png
    1000 x 800 - 2M
  • mkett78mkett78 Posts: 4
    edited December 2015

Entry 2: Big Night

Bignight.final

Post edited by mkett78 on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

#3 Fantasy Druid

Repurposed - Chainmail Skirt for Vicky 4 from RDNA

Fantasy Druid.png
    1210 x 763 - 2M
  • gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    edited December 2015

Post edited by gerterasmus on
  • scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 2015

Title: Lucky day?

Artcollab's Chemistry room, transferred to iray and retextured.
    Rustic interiors, sconces I used for lighting are from the medieval tavern set (by Faveral I think), DZFire's real lights set as a base for the iray lighting.

Pusey designs' bookcabinet

G3M on bed and in the mirror, wearing peasant outfit, darrin skin

G3F's hand dialled morphs, don't recall which skin I used, Left char is wearing the tunic from Xurge's woodranger set, spider queen hair and the top from BabKittehCo's Enigma Redux. Right char is wearing G2F skylys, wave hair both by Aeon Soul.
    No repurposed item, sorry... couldn't get the item I wanted to use to fit properly.
    Total render time: almost 16 hours (radeon R270, AMD FX6350 and 16Gb ram) on CPU...

Render contest 2.jpg
    1820 x 1092 - 2M
    Post edited by scatha on
  • ButchButch Posts: 797

Here's just a general man pic.  I tend not to give much clothing allowance to my models. 

Closet sml - sig.jpg
    884 x 1250 - 413K
  • ebonartgalleryebonartgallery Posts: 251
    edited December 2015

Entry #3

Silver-Age Superhero - The bodysuit is the Ultra Catsuit for G2F, and the Ultra Cowl for the mask.

YoungHero.jpg
    766 x 992 - 185K
    Post edited by ebonartgallery on
  • Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Posts: 34
    edited December 2015

I wanted to throw a little something different in.  I was thinking of a knight in King Arthur's court.

http://i.imgur.com/03KAtMf.png

Knight.png
    1280 x 691 - 906K
    Post edited by Phoenix Knight on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 2015

NOT AN ENTRY (as I already posted three images, but have entirely too much fun with the topic smiley)

Ditched Efforts

Ab-Used on G3M:

Note: to use the tail and keep its functionality on G3M, when autofit popped up, I just hit cancel. Otherwise, the bones of the tail get AWOL

Used:

Get-Lost-2000.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 360K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • PandaB5PandaB5 Posts: 250

Men - in actual clothes!

Back:
        RM Sebastian by Rebelmommy
        Gabriel Hair by AprilYSH
        Lockwood Outfit by Mada
        Shirt & Shoes Texture - Arvid for Lockwood by Dolfijntes

In front:
        Jepes Vasco M4
        Wildmane Hair by Neftis
        Pyro Outfit by Prae
        Shoes from Mafioso by Bobbie25

Side:
        LK-Jomo
        Caleb Hair by AprilYSH
        M4 Board Shorts by Evilinnocence
        Vest from BRC Dark Thorn for M4 by Ravenhair with M4 Dirty Boy, rags for Dark Thorn texture by Marieah
        Slip Slops from M4 Casual Wear Surf by Lobo75
        Necklace, Freak F4 Barbarian
        (I regret, I liked his body paint too much to put him in proper clothing.)

I discovered that I have more than 50 outfits & characters for M4 which is remarkable for someone who prefers cartoons.

Men_Export1.jpg
    925 x 740 - 241K
  • Removed my third entry.  Replacing that entry with this one.

#3 Sole Survivor

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

mal, you're making this hard on us normals... nice one