UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

1…676869707173»

Comments

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,139
    edited September 23
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    UltraScenery2 update for DS6 has been confirmed to be coming, but hasn't arrived in DIM yet. QA supposedly has a very long queue of product submissions to test.

  • The original Ultra Scenery is a script, not a plug-in, so probably somewhat easier to update (maybe) and shouldn't require separate builds.

  • TotteTotte Posts: 15,186

    Richard Haseltine said:

    The original Ultra Scenery is a script, not a plug-in, so probably somewhat easier to update (maybe) and shouldn't require separate builds.

    Except that it got the accelerator plugin to work faster... 

  • davesodaveso Posts: 8,317

    Totte said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    The original Ultra Scenery is a script, not a plug-in, so probably somewhat easier to update (maybe) and shouldn't require separate builds.

    Except that it got the accelerator plugin to work faster... 

    @Totte   That is great. Do any of your USC scripts or plugins work in DS6 as is?  

  • Totte said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    The original Ultra Scenery is a script, not a plug-in, so probably somewhat easier to update (maybe) and shouldn't require separate builds.

    Except that it got the accelerator plugin to work faster... 

    Yes, but that is a separate product (isn't it) and hasn't (yet) had an update for DS 6.

  • TotteTotte Posts: 15,186

    daveso said:

    Totte said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    The original Ultra Scenery is a script, not a plug-in, so probably somewhat easier to update (maybe) and shouldn't require separate builds.

    Except that it got the accelerator plugin to work faster... 

    @Totte   That is great. Do any of your USC scripts or plugins work in DS6 as is?  

    Yes I have, a DS 6 Toolbox plugin for US2, still not finalized but let's call it Alienator and Maskbuilder on steroids 

  • "Alienator on Steroids" would be a fun product title..

    Regards,

    Richard

  • ConnaticConnatic Posts: 290

    I am unable to install US2 within Studio6. Where does it need to be installed?

  • TotteTotte Posts: 15,186

    Connatic said:

    I am unable to install US2 within Studio6. Where does it need to be installed?

    DIM 

  • ConnaticConnatic Posts: 290

    Totte said:

    Connatic said:

    I am unable to install US2 within Studio6. Where does it need to be installed?

    DIM 

    I have tried a dozen times to install us2.  It does not show up in the plugins window where the serial number is entered. I used DIM, set the plugin folder, but it does not end up where it should.

    It all functioned in ds4. I have not used it since ds6 was released. Why is the Product Page so different from other products? I have purchased hundreds of dollars of content for this plugin.

  • TotteTotte Posts: 15,186

    Connatic said:

    Totte said:

    Connatic said:

    I am unable to install US2 within Studio6. Where does it need to be installed?

    DIM 

    I have tried a dozen times to install us2.  It does not show up in the plugins window where the serial number is entered. I used DIM, set the plugin folder, but it does not end up where it should.

    It all functioned in ds4. I have not used it since ds6 was released. Why is the Product Page so different from other products? I have purchased hundreds of dollars of content for this plugin.

    Are you talking about  UltraScenery - new(er) territory ( which is in this thread ) as was recently updated for DS 6, or UltraScenery2 which is not yet updated for DS 6?

  • ConnaticConnatic Posts: 290

    Totte said:

    Connatic said:

    Totte said:

    Connatic said:

    I am unable to install US2 within Studio6. Where does it need to be installed?

    DIM 

    I have tried a dozen times to install us2.  It does not show up in the plugins window where the serial number is entered. I used DIM, set the plugin folder, but it does not end up where it should.

    It all functioned in ds4. I have not used it since ds6 was released. Why is the Product Page so different from other products? I have purchased hundreds of dollars of content for this plugin.

    Are you talking about  UltraScenery - new(er) territory ( which is in this thread ) as was recently updated for DS 6, or UltraScenery2 which is not yet updated for DS 6?

    Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought US2 was updated.

  • UltraScenery2 has been submitted to Daz for testing so kinda just a waiting game now. The Accelerator for UltraScenery (which is a companion plug-in for the UltraScenery script) has also been submitted. So until they are signed off and become available in DIM UltraScenery2 and the UltraScenery Accelerator are not compatible with DAZ Studio 6.

     

  • Well done!

  • HowieFarkes said:

    UltraScenery2 has been submitted to Daz for testing so kinda just a waiting game now. The Accelerator for UltraScenery (which is a companion plug-in for the UltraScenery script) has also been submitted. So until they are signed off and become available in DIM UltraScenery2 and the UltraScenery Accelerator are not compatible with DAZ Studio 6.

    Does UltraScenery Accelerator work with US 2?

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    yonashald said:

    HowieFarkes said:

    UltraScenery2 has been submitted to Daz for testing so kinda just a waiting game now. The Accelerator for UltraScenery (which is a companion plug-in for the UltraScenery script) has also been submitted. So until they are signed off and become available in DIM UltraScenery2 and the UltraScenery Accelerator are not compatible with DAZ Studio 6.

    Does UltraScenery Accelerator work with US 2?

    No. UltraScenery2 is a plugin itself. It does not need the Accelerator. It is fast without it. Accelerator is only to help speed up the original UltraScenery, which was a script. 

  • barbult said:

    yonashald said:

    HowieFarkes said:

    UltraScenery2 has been submitted to Daz for testing so kinda just a waiting game now. The Accelerator for UltraScenery (which is a companion plug-in for the UltraScenery script) has also been submitted. So until they are signed off and become available in DIM UltraScenery2 and the UltraScenery Accelerator are not compatible with DAZ Studio 6.

    Does UltraScenery Accelerator work with US 2?

    No. UltraScenery2 is a plugin itself. It does not need the Accelerator. It is fast without it. Accelerator is only to help speed up the original UltraScenery, which was a script. 

    Alright sweet! :) Thanks 

  • davesodaveso Posts: 8,317

    when ultrascenery first came out, with accelerator, it worked really well. so did version 2. Now, and I think in twas sometime after DS24 , could have been a prior version of DS. came out, it is sluggish as all getout. It hasn't worked well in quite a long time. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607
    edited September 30

    The original UltraScenery Realistic Landscape System (the one that was recently updated) does not work for me in DS6.26.2026.26903 Public Build. There is no Build Scene button on the Build tab.
    Edit: This is evidently because I use the Main Street style. The button appears correctly in Darkside style.

     

    Screenshot 2026-09-29 225014.png
    802 x 606 - 58K
    Post edited by barbult on
Sign In or Register to comment.