It's Raining Men - Forum Team Challenge to the Forum Community (winners announced)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    luci45 said:
    barbult said:

Thanks, that's Real Short Hair for Genesis 2 Male(s). I had some trouble autofitting it to Genesis 3, but in the end, I got something to work. I had to autofit the hair cap to G3M and parent the hair to G3M head.

Aha! So that will work! I noticed that the hair jumped off the cap when converting to G3M. It occured to me later that parenting it might work. Yipee!

And the is a very beautiful render. I love the expression with the pose, lighting, colors and clothing. It all works together really well.

Yes, that is exactly what happened to me - hair jumped off the cap and I couldn't get it to go back where it belonged. I unparented the hair from the cap, fit it to None, and parented it to G3M Head while he was in zero pose. Thanks for the comments on my image!

• Never done this here before so I hope it's ok.

Title: Cult Scam - The Leader

Come, come children of evil. Come to me and be saved, forfeit your worldly posessions and be free from evil. Donate those evil things to the worthy cause of our temple. Come, come oh ye children of sin and evil, only I can save you.

Male or nuetral items:

Genesis 2 Male Base Figure    |
    Philip (all hairy) Face No 5  | - Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials
    Base Pose No 20               |

RDNA Shoctober Gothic Cross - http://www.rdna3d.com/Halloween/Tr_Shock_gothiccross.zip

Re-purposed Female Items:

Arki Raven Mohawk Feather earring for V4 - http://forum.runtimedna.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9&act=down&actionhash=guest

Swam Doll Hair for G2F - http://www.daz3d.com/doll-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s-and-victoria-4 and
                           - http://www.daz3d.com/doll-hair-colors

Kaos Imadoki Sunglasses - http://www.sharecg.com/get_file.php?upload_file_id=55339

Neftis Beautiful Black Headband for V4 - http://www.daz3d.com/beautiful-black-hairstyles

Mamomamo MM Bangle01 for V4/A4 - http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/e/d06633b0f5a4630d9a3e8f5f24dacc4a

Lunchlady v4 BraceletLH - was a Renderosity monthly newsletter give-a-way. Can't find a current link though.

Grace NoseRing - http://www.daz3d.com/grace-for-v4

Ghastly Tabard Dress for Genesis 1 - http://www.sharecg.com/v/72562/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Tabard-Dress-Genesis-1

Shaders

Allen Art
    Daz Uber
    Parrotdolphin pd-softleather
    webtreats stone tile stone05

As I said, I hope this is ok for this contest and that it meets the rules.

BronzeDragon

Cult Scam - The Leader.jpg
    1150 x 1860 - 2M
  • Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837
    edited November 2015

Nyarlathotep

Still from Cecil B. Demille's 1932 production of Nyarlathotep, his first Technicolor short feature. In an alternate timeline...

G2M base

Repurposed items used:

Turban from Fortune Teller 1930 for V4
    Necklace and Collar from Pharaohs of the Sun for V4
    Skirt from Witch Hunter for V4 (Dragonheart texture)
    Skin from Mahala for Genesis 2 Female

Nyarlathotep.jpg
    927 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Joe Webb on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Ol Nyarly! HAHA.

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

Ol Nyarly! HAHA.

I lost some sanity reading that...wink

Gaming aside:

So in Call of Cthulhu seeing various otherworldly things causes SAN loss. You have to roll your SAN (1-100 vs. a score that is percentile.)

Most shocking events are listed like 1/d10, which means 'if you make your SAN check, you lose the first value. If you fail your SAN check, you lose the second value.'

As you can see, one amusing element is the sanity spiral -- the more you lose, the easier it is to lose more.

One adventure had a large asteroid approaching the Earth. If you see it up close, or have a telescope, you look at this strange object... and an eye opens up briefly (Ghroth). d20/d100 SAN lose. You could essentially lose ALL your SAN in one go.

I had a player who looked at Ghroth. Twice.

The bast*d managed to make two SAN checks and only lost about 11 points overall. (She decided to ... sketch it)

• Gaming aside:

So in Call of Cthulhu seeing various otherworldly things causes SAN loss. You have to roll your SAN (1-100 vs. a score that is percentile.)

Quickest time from start of game to death: five minutes. Five real world minutes. A personal best.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

Gaming aside:

Quickest time from start of game to death: five minutes. Five real world minutes. A personal best.

I tend to string my players along with "everyday" stuff and really light foreshadowing for a dozen sessions or more before they see their first eldritch abomination. I kept one group in suspense nearly two years before it all went sideways.

They'd been getting hints that things were Not Right every session, and they only saw it after they lost half the investigators to a rather vicious book.

• Here's mine:

No repurposed items.

Scott 6

Spear from Viking for Genesis 2 Male

Loincloth from Minos Outfit

Chest armor from Minotaur Battle Gear

Ancient Combat Hair and Unshaven 2

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Care To Explain Yourself, Young Man?

Care To Explain Yourself, Young Man? by L'Adair

This is my second entry and the "sequel" to the earlier entry shown below. This pose is actually what I was working on to begin with. But the environment looked so good, I duplicated Tim, hid him and then posed the duplicate to show off the house and car, too. Afterward, I hid the duplicate and brought back the original. I did run into a hiccup. Between the two renders, Uzilite updated M601, changing both the model and the textures for the shirt. My own texture no longer fit correctly and I had to redo it. That may have been a good thing, though, as the wrinkles baked into the texture are different, leaving this render with a slightly different look for the shirt.

L'Adair said:

Uh oh. Dad's Home!

"You Know You're In Trouble When..." Dad's home early, waiting for you to get home from school.
    It must be serious. He's watching for you in the driveway so you can't turn around and run.

Uh Oh. Dad's Home! by L'Adair

Featuring Timothy HD wearing Uzilite's M601 for Genesis 2 Male(s), rendered in Iray.

• The End of the Line

Genesis 1 Figure with Head and Body Morph Packs.
    Michael 4 Skin Maps (Std Res)  
    Genesis Beard  
    Wind Chill for Genesis 2 Male(s)  
    Cute3D High Tops
    Urban Wear for M4  Pants Only
    Hipster  Texture Set for Pants
    Garbage Cans

I couldn't resist doing something a little less glamorous and heroic, leaning more towards the "gritty" side of life.

The End of the Line.jpg
    775 x 976 - 368K
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    edited November 2015

All I have to say about this one is: Michael 7

m7Hammam.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • genarisgenaris Posts: 313
    edited November 2015

All I have to say about this one is: Michael 7

Very nice, evilded! I like how the pose and lighting work well to add a sense of mood, particularly how the shadowed side of his face adds nuance to the eyes and expression. What's also nice in this image is the sense that "someone's home"... behind the pretty face.  The tools and models have come so far since Michael 1.0 ! 

Post edited by genaris on
  • The Blue HourThe Blue Hour Posts: 28
    edited December 2015

My first entry. I am in the midst of moving and not sure I will be able to enter further renders. 

I wanted to show his strength, determination, and humanity.

Comments welcome.

Flesh and Bone

FleshandBone.jpg
    2048 x 1265 - 454K
    Post edited by The Blue Hour on
  • ZeuxidamusZeuxidamus Posts: 87
    edited November 2015

Paradise Honeymoon

couldn't resist this manly entry haha

Honeymoon in Paradise.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1019K
    Post edited by Zeuxidamus on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Paradise Honeymoon

couldn't resist this manly entry haha

Lol, looks like she is about to give him a good swing with one of the oars anytime now

• dvitoladvitola Posts: 136
    edited November 2015

MERLIN (Repurpose)

I used the hood from Shadow Rogue for Genesis 1 female. Other clothes include the lumberjack vest which I modified. I made his pants in Marvelous Designer 5. This is HenryK for M7, morphs modified to my liking. Thanks for looking.

merlin1.jpg
    1625 x 1300 - 659K
    Post edited by dvitola on
  • Wow!  Merlin is awesome!  I love his pants. He looks sexy and mystical at the same time!  Great job!

• dvitola said:

MERLIN (Repurpose)

I used the hood from Shadow Rogue for Genesis 1 female. Other clothes include the lumberjack vest which I modified. I made his pants in Marvelous Designer 5. This is HenryK for M7, morphs modified to my liking. Thanks for looking.

Beautiful piece.  What is the environment from and is this rendered in Studio?  

edited December 2015
    dvitola said:

MERLIN (Repurpose)

Thank you, Cris. Yes, I rendered it in Studio 4.8. I love this program so much! The environment is a combination of DM's Elf Rock and Sacred Hill. The tree I just bought from Predatron and the flowers are Wild Things. (I hope I have the names right.) The background is from Didi_mc. Denise

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • genarisgenaris Posts: 313

I'll second that "wow" !  The image is wonderful, generally, but I particularly am struck by the gathers and draping on those MC Hammer circa 1995-style pants which look so organic and realistic...very nice modeling. Are you (dvitola/Corvus) a clothing vendor here on Daz or elsewhere?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391

I'm really impressed with a lot of the renders in this thread, which is why I decided to contribute to the prize list.  I won't say which are my favorites so far, but there are many great renders to choose from.  Fantastic job, everyone!

Slosh

genaris said:

I'll second that "wow" !  The image is wonderful, generally, but I particularly am struck by the gathers and draping on those MC Hammer circa 1995-style pants which look so organic and realistic...very nice modeling. Are you (dvitola/Corvus) a clothing vendor here on Daz or elsewhere?

Thank you, genaris! I create many of my clothes in Marvelous Designer and import them into DAZ Studio. With MD, you actually draw clothing patterns, as if you were creating a sewing template that you would use for real fabric. You then 'sew' them together, add textures, etc. I know that many people use it in a pipeline of MD/ZBrush/DAZ or Poser. I don't model with ZBrush but I've been a sewist and designer for 40 years, so I understand the concept of creating clothes in the MD software.

And no, I'm not a vendor, but it does my heart good that you would be interested in my designs! Thank you all so much! Denise

dvitola said:
    dvitola said:

MERLIN (Repurpose)

Thank you, Cris. Yes, I rendered it in Studio 4.8. I love this program so much! The environment is a combination of DM's Elf Rock and Sacred Hill. The tree I just bought from Predatron and the flowers are Wild Things. (I hope I have the names right.) The background is from Didi_mc. Denise

Oh Cris, it hit me late last night that you were asking about the lighting! I used a low light environment from a Sveva package called Iray Intensity, and combined it with Painter's Lights (my favorite light package from DAZ).

edited December 2015
    As an aside, how easy is it to make clothing in MD and bring it to Daz without zbrush? Edit: nm. That's only $60... a MONTH. Jeebus.
    Post edited by Oso3D on
    As an aside, how easy is it to make clothing in MD and bring it to Daz without zbrush? Edit: nm. That's only $60... a MONTH. Jeebus.

Hi Will, It is very easy to bring it into Daz. You export your figure (zero pose) as an .obj and import it into MD. Make your clothing on the dolly and then go back to DAZ to set your pose. You import the new pose as a morph target into MD. It fits your clothing and then you export the clothing as an .obj. It will import without problem in Daz and fit to your dolly perfectly to the new pose.

As to making clothes, once you understand the method, it's not hard at all. You do have to understand sewing concepts and a few 3d concepts, though. I buy a personal copy of MD. I don't do the subscription. For me, it's like Photoshop. I have to have it to make myself happy :-)

Denise

edited December 2015

So many wonderful renders, its amazing.
     This freckled highland youth is a characters my husband plays in RPG, I was allowd to create and render him and he goes by the name

Coinneach

Dialed in from g2m has the freckles made with a LIE map, red Beard an red eybrows made with a geoshell

repurposed Items: Shielmaiden shirt for g2f, Artemisia Gown for g2f (there is a plaid used on it from the collection of LmWolfSpirit at sharecg, I altered the colours a bit)

Hope you like him as much as I do

Edit to say: entry Linwelly#2

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/6b/6ec396d6976c24b57fd00056347781.jpg

Coinneach.jpg
    1000 x 1420 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Denise, love the lighting on Merlin too. The background with DOF and the sets go superbly with each other. Nice work on the pants and the shadows in the folds. Linwelly, your lighting is also really good and it really accentuates the hang of the cape over the shoulder and his jaw.

• Linwelly said:

This freckled highland youth is a characters my husband plays in RPG, I was allowd to create and render him and he goes by the name

Coinneach

I would love to hear what you did by way of lighting - I still find that the main thing I struggle with.

Linwelly said:

Coinneach

I would love to hear what you did by way of lighting - I still find that the main thing I struggle with.

Thanks a lot ebonartgallery and Novica! As I use 3dlight as renderer this is set up with two distant lights (one bluegray from the right side at 60% and one with a yellow tint at 80% from left top) Two spotlights from the same directions within the same lightcolour each at 30% and uber environment light with a light red touch at 30 or 20 %. I hope that helps.