It's Raining Men - Forum Team Challenge to the Forum Community (winners announced)

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Although we agreed that female figures could be included in the renders, the main subject is meant to be the Male character, please.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited November 2015
    ManOfTheHouse.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 193K
    Post edited by isidorn on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681

I love this thread <3 So many awesome renders! Glad I'm not a judge, because that'll be quite a task!

• eblankeblank Posts: 88
    edited November 2015

He doesn't look happy, but well...

G2M, Taric head and textures. Clothing items: SciFi Retro Suit for G2F, head-band and necklace from Belly Dancer outfit (Wilmap), Ying Hua hair for G2F.

g2m-scifi.jpg
    994 x 990 - 607K
    Post edited by eblank on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    eblank said:

He doesn't look happy, but well...

G2M, Taric head and textures. Clothing items: SciFi Retro Suit for G2F, head-band and necklace from Belly Dancer outfit (Wilmap), Ying Hua hair for G2F.

Try posting the image again, it's not showing

• dvitoladvitola Posts: 136
    edited November 2015

I've been waiting for M7 for six months! So I used his morphs to create a bit of a look a like of Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I made his outfit in Marvelous Designer 5. Underneath his coat, he's wearing jeans from the Daily Casuals Package, a basic tank top and the Gore shoes. I postworked his hair and jewelry. Hope you like!

jonathan.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 451K
    Post edited by dvitola on
  • OOH!  Love the Jonathan Rhys Meyer's look!  One of my favorite men to look at. :)  Love the whole scene!

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

#2 So Vain  (Carly Simon's announcement has the song going round my head) ;-)

This developed out of testing Wear It All and Ultra Templates, and I threw in Wondersheetz for some variety. Michael and Dash.

OOT Intimates

Lucien Hair (M4)

Midnight Hunter (M4)

Real Hairy (G2M)

so vain 2.png
    1074 x 908 - 1M
  • Nothing special here. I decided to go real old school. Genesis figure with M4 skin, rendered in Bryce. Jus' in case som'a ya fergits wott a real man looks like!

It's Louie!.jpg
    775 x 966 - 472K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Nothing special here. I decided to go real old school. Genesis figure with M4 skin, rendered in Bryce. Jus' in case som'a ya fergits wott a real man looks like!

Nice to see Louie has come to play 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

What dog is that?

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Nothing special here. I decided to go real old school. Genesis figure with M4 skin, rendered in Bryce. Jus' in case som'a ya fergits wott a real man looks like!

Poor Boston. He needs to learn to use the can opener.

What dog is that?

Here - 4th from top

Wow, free, my favorite price... ;)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited November 2015

Disco David 5 is Dy-no-mite!      My second entry.  Rendered in C8.5 Pro.

Actually, the character is a D5/M5 hybrid.  Also used, Orion Hair, V4, 4BE Dress for V4, Ranger Hair for V4, V3, HMann skirt for V3, California Hai for V3, P7 Sydney, 70s G2 Outfit for P7Sydney, Poser Hair 2 for P7Sydney, P6 Jessi Casual, Messy Hair for P6 Jessi.

Repurpose - David5/Michael5 is wearing a pant/jacket set for V3 morphing clothes.  Converted for use with genesis using the clone product, then retextured in Carrara with some minor fit adjustments.

Dug deep in the bowls of my content folder for some of this stuff.  Groovy.

Disco D5M5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 31K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,389

Entry #2 (repurposed)

"Predator Claws"

repurposed item is Fantasy Ornaments for G2F used on the territorial birdman

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited November 2015

My third contribution to this thread. This was supposed to be just something quick and fun I threw together for this thread and setting up the scene was quick and fun enough but then came the rendering... My patience reached its limit after 1 day 4 hour 36 minutes and some seconds and the bloody thing was only 53% converged!

So I present to you, even in the half-baked state that he's in - Mullet Man!

During a visit at the fine health care facilities of West Park, Scott got bitten by a radioactive 80's TV-show actor. Now, whenever danger rears its ugly face, wherever old ladies need help taking a walk, or puppies need help crossing the street, Scott becomes The Mullet Man! Usually his presence is announced in advance by his singing that can be heard miles away...

"I'm too sexy for my hat, what'ya think about that? I'm too sexy for my hair, I know, it's not fair."

(and now my computer is free to use for other stuff! *makes a little happy dance*)

2sexy4myhat.jpg
    1186 x 1920 - 1M
    Post edited by isidorn on
    edited November 2015

Entry #2:  Adrian in His Tux

No repurposed items

Adrian in His Tux.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 294K
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Can I post the same image I posted in the using new stuff thread as that was new render too?

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited November 2015

Can I post the same image I posted in the using new stuff thread as that was new render too?

I think that falls under this, though don't take this as official from me, I arn't'nt one

Chohole said:

"With the release of Genesis 3 Male/Michael 7 we thought that some people might want to revisit some of their renders, especially those who have already made two or three entries, so we are officially allowing revisions or replacements of existing renders - just edit the post to say Not an Entry in big, bold letters so we will probably get the right image when judging (allowing for the fact that we will be enjoying our post Christmas and new year hangovers)."

Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I believe this answers your question... From the OP:

Chohole said:
    Rules  

You can enter up to 3 Images

They must all be new renders, not ones you had already done (but can be posted to other concurrent contests, such as the PCI) and can be added to your Gallery, once posted here.

Keep it within the TOS.

(Empahsis in red is mine.)

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited November 2015

Entry #1:  Stone Blue

No repurposed items

Just finishing up on an outfit for M7 so all the clothes and wings are my own, not really entering but just enjoy a contest and trying to improve myself.

Stone-Blue.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 512K
    Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • ebonartgalleryebonartgallery Posts: 251
    edited December 2015

ENTRY #1

Weird fungi animated the vines...

Jungle Girl outfit, Kita Hair for G2F

Tooth and Bone Accessories for G2F, for the armband.

JungleTrouble.png
    766 x 992 - 1M
    Post edited by ebonartgallery on
  • ebonartgalleryebonartgallery Posts: 251
    edited December 2015

Entry #2

Ballistic outruns his pursuers

Ultra catsuit, ultra cowl for Gen2 females

It's a bit hard to see in this one, but he's also wearing the Exnem Holster Belt, and using the gun from The Eliminator for G2F

Escape.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by ebonartgallery on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 2015

Entry #2

G3M with Genesis clothing, autofit with Wear Them All. The only thing repurposed is the tooth armband, which is for Genesis 2 Female.

Clothing products used:

1. Bad Guy for Genesis
    2. Tank Tops and Undershirts Collection
    3. Tooth and Bone: Savage Accessories for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    G3M Wear Them All Genesis Clothes PS.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

G3M with Genesis clothing, autofit with Wear Them All. The only thing repurposed is the tooth armband, which is for Genesis 2 Female.

Clothing products used:

1. Bad Guy for Genesis
    2. Tank Tops and Undershirts Collection
    3. Tooth and Bone: Savage Accessories for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Love the hair it's excellent !!!

Thanks, that's Real Short Hair for Genesis 2 Male(s). I had some trouble autofitting it to Genesis 3, but in the end, I got something to work. I had to autofit the hair cap to G3M and parent the hair to G3M head.

I really like real short hair. Be sure to grab the real shorter hair (I think it is) freebie that adds to it. ;)

I really like real short hair. Be sure to grab the real shorter hair (I think it is) freebie that adds to it. ;)

Yes, I have that, too. I haven't tried it on G3M yet, though.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    barbult said:

Thanks, that's Real Short Hair for Genesis 2 Male(s). I had some trouble autofitting it to Genesis 3, but in the end, I got something to work. I had to autofit the hair cap to G3M and parent the hair to G3M head.

Aha! So that will work! I noticed that the hair jumped off the cap when converting to G3M. It occured to me later that parenting it might work. Yipee!

And the is a very beautiful render. I love the expression with the pose, lighting, colors and clothing. It all works together really well.