MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• Strange VoyagerStrange Voyager Posts: 390
    edited June 2015

Cath, Happy Belated Birthday! I hope your birthday made you as happy as your freebies (and your products.. I have bought in the past Buddy 2.0, Eli Megapack and Hunk Megapack) have made me. Wow. My birthday is in a few weeks and I don't think I could have gotten a better Poser gift. Literally tearing up.. If I had any modeling skills at all, I would have tried, but yours matches exactly what's in my head (and the awesome Madonna photobook I have from her early stuff, bought half for fun and half because I had not yet discovered how rusty my modeling skills became). I am sorry I missed the actual day (been a looooot of partying here for the last 10 days or so between family gatherings, out of town visits from best friends, and Pride.. I am ready for some calm..haha).

Since this is my first post in a long time, I want to give my deepest thanks those who reached out when I was going through that dark period. It worked, I am here (and on a much better path)

Love and gratitude
    -Jadan

Post edited by Strange Voyager on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

This outfit is amazing, Cath. Thank you so much. The eighties were a transition period for me and I didn't have time to pay much attention to cultural things and missed a lot. Back to school when I was pushing forty, new relationships, new career, new hobbies, new city/state/area of the country to live in. Exhausts me just thinkiing about it. :lol:

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much Jadan ... now I am tearing up sniff sniff
    Wishing you lots of Love and Light !

Cath, Happy Belated Birthday! I hope your birthday made you as happy as your freebies (and your products.. I have bought in the past Buddy 2.0, Eli Megapack and Hunk Megapack) have made me. Wow. My birthday is in a few weeks and I don't think I could have gotten a better Poser gift. Literally tearing up.. If I had any modeling skills at all, I would have tried, but yours matches exactly what's in my head (and the awesome Madonna photobook I have from her early stuff, bought half for fun and half because I had not yet discovered how rusty my modeling skills became). I am sorry I missed the actual day (been a looooot of partying here for the last 10 days or so between family gatherings, out of town visits from best friends, and Pride.. I am ready for some calm..haha).

Since this is my first post in a long time, I want to give my deepest thanks those who reached out when I was going through that dark period. It worked, I am here (and on a much better path)

Love and gratitude
    -Jadan

edited December 1969

You welcome , for me the 80s was era of discovering the world and having fun without to worry about my bills , but short after 1988 the reality strike back and live become no disco anymore ;) and I did not stopped rolling the stones since then ! but I kipped my Art and Music as that is what make me happy even in the darkest moments

Spit said:
    This outfit is amazing, Cath. Thank you so much. The eighties were a transition period for me and I didn't have time to pay much attention to cultural things and missed a lot. Back to school when I was pushing forty, new relationships, new career, new hobbies, new city/state/area of the country to live in. Exhausts me just thinkiing about it. :lol:

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Thank you Cath! :)

You are very generous.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the latest freebie!

Are there any alternative mats for the shirt of the first freebie? I want to use it as a tank top and hide the rest for a picnic render :)

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

DJB - You should be able to use any tiling fabric to create any shader or look you want. :)

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

These are WONDERFUL gifts MEC4D... but it seems like it is WE who should be giving you a gift... I guess renders will have to do ;)... I'll work on one too... THANK YOU!!! Happy birthday and... many moooooooooooore!

edited December 1969

Thank you ! I have a lot to give back to the community for the continue support by purchasing my products for so many years..so for me it is the good karma in action to give something back and I feel wonderful doing it .. the birthday is over ( and I got everything I wanted ) but we still celebrate my 15 years as PA here .. .. I just having a blast in creativity and love to share it with you all here as I feel blessed ... that is all ..
    and yes render would do that as I love to see what Artists do with it ! so happy rendering ... and thank you for the wishes

llolalane said:
    These are WONDERFUL gifts MEC4D... but it seems like it is WE who should be giving you a gift... I guess renders will have to do ;)... I'll work on one too... THANK YOU!!! Happy birthday and... many moooooooooooore!
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Got your shaders this AM. Can't wait to try them out honey!

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

With each year, you don't get older, you prove the rest of the world is just too damn young.

edited December 1969

Thank you Richard for the support

RAMWolff said:
    Got your shaders this AM. Can't wait to try them out honey!
    edited June 2015

45 is the new 35 ! I am still all original lol Thank you , that was sweet to say .. I will be grandma for the second time soon .. nobody believe ... me either LOL

Ikyoto said:
    With each year, you don't get older, you prove the rest of the world is just too damn young.
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

HOT Granny in da room! :-)~

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:

...+1
    edited December 1969

Richard ! lol spank spank !!! hehe

RAMWolff said:
    HOT Granny in da room! :-)~
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...hmm the 80s

Two decades after I saw the likes of the Beatles, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones, Procol Harum, and Chicago (when they were still a local Midwest band).

Best memories of the 80s

--Late Night with David Letterman and NBC News Overnight (a "real" news programme that sadly was cancelled),
    --My Milwaukee Brewers actually making it to the World Series (losing to St Louis in 7 games)
    --The "golden age" of RPGs like Champions, Space Opera, the original AD&D, and Traveller,
    --Having an Apple ][, Atari 2400, and Commodore 64 all in the same flat,
    --The "golden age" of the video arcade with games like Berzerk, PacMan,Tempest, Donkey Kong, Defender, Battlezone, and Missile Command.
    --3D rendered CG animation coming of age in the film The Last Starfighter with 27 minutes of animated scenes. (there was to be an actual arcade game similar to the one in the film but it proved too expensive to produce) The Dire Straits Money for Nothing Video, and with the first SIGGRAPH video compilations.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756
    edited December 1969

Yet another belated HBD... in the middle of convention season and it doesn't stop til after Comic Con, but wow, these are just fantastic!

edited December 1969

in the 1984 we hang out with friends playing the TV ping pong game then the cable broke so I put inside the antenna cable to keep in in place, then we hear screams outside like crazy , what happen was the antenna cable was in network and all the people on the block got to watch us playing the game on own TVs interrupting football game lol we swear to never say a word to anybody lol

actually learned to to play guitar in 1982 thanks to the Beatles music and joined actually rock band later

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hmm the 80s

Two decades after I saw the likes of the Beatles, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones, Procol Harum, and Chicago (when they were still a local Midwest band).

Best memories of the 80s

--Late Night with David Letterman and NBC News Overnight (a "real" news programme that sadly was cancelled),
    --My Milwaukee Brewers actually making it to the World Series (losing to St Louis in 7 games)
    --The "golden age" of RPGs like Champions, Space Opera, the original AD&D, and Traveller,
    --The "golden age" of the video arcade with games like Berzerk, PacMan,Tempest, Donkey Kong, Defender, Battlezone, and Missile Command.
    --3D rendered CG animation coming of age in the film The Last Starfighter with 27 minutes of animated scenes. (there was to be an actual arcade game similar to the one in the film but it proved too expensive to produce) The Dire Straits Money for Nothing Video, and with the first SIGGRAPH video compilations.

edited June 2015

Thank you very much
    actually finished modeling next freebie from 1984 , anybody guessing who was dressed in ?

Yet another belated HBD... in the middle of convention season and it doesn't stop til after Comic Con, but wow, these are just fantastic!
    preview_freebie.jpg
    1517 x 1138 - 311K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • CricketCricket Posts: 434
    edited December 1969

Miami Vice?

• 3dbug3dbug Posts: 67
    edited June 2015

Don Johnson ("Sonny" Crockett) or Philip Michael Thomas (Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs)?

Post edited by 3dbug on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

OMG! Will it have a pink... I mean, SALMON texture too?

edited June 2015

Yeah! Sonny and Ricardo the other suit still in modeling... hair included for both too in great salmon color and other colors for the suits lol
    my father was wearing the salmon and cream one in summer lol

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I used to have a really lovely mint green coat in 80s, which I kept associating with My Little Ponies for some reason.

Also, for some weird reason I was allowed to watch Miami Vice, despite its late showing time (although I think it was shown on Saturdays, which might explain it?) and general themes of it. I was sort of younger end (1975 model) of Generation X at that point when they aired it over 'ere.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    (by the way...if anyone has a problem with the DIM or install, let me know. I used my DIM making script/process to convert Cath's zip file into a DIM Installation file, and I tested that it worked and installed before sending it back to her, BUT it just occurred to me that my DIM's haven't really been used on anyone's system other than my own, so it potentially could have problems on others (windows for example)...It shouldn't..just a zip file, but within the realm of possibility.)

Oh, it worked fine to me.I have been using some Windows base tools to make my DIM installers, but being a Mac user I got interested in your script/process. I have tried to make my tool with Apple Script but failed miserably. Do you mind to share your process?

By the way, I made Metadata for this freebie, so for the people who likes the CMS/Smart Content thing I am putting the link to download it. May be you can put it on your DIM package also. It is up to you.

Metadata files for 80's Girls Just Want Have a Fun
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9581290/IM06292015-01_80sGJWTHFOUTFIT_Metadata.zip

By the way, thanks Cath! It is a wonderful freebie.

edited December 1969

The show was aired on 8pm Saturday what was not so late and I watched it on black and white TV lol in 1987 we got color TV

Skiriki said:
    I used to have a really lovely mint green coat in 80s, which I kept associating with My Little Ponies for some reason.

Also, for some weird reason I was allowed to watch Miami Vice, despite its late showing time (although I think it was shown on Saturdays, which might explain it?) and general themes of it. I was sort of younger end (1975 model) of Generation X at that point when they aired it over 'ere.

edited December 1969

That is great thank you for the metadata ..personally not using smart content but I guess people will

MBusch said:
    Scavenger said:
    (by the way...if anyone has a problem with the DIM or install, let me know. I used my DIM making script/process to convert Cath's zip file into a DIM Installation file, and I tested that it worked and installed before sending it back to her, BUT it just occurred to me that my DIM's haven't really been used on anyone's system other than my own, so it potentially could have problems on others (windows for example)...It shouldn't..just a zip file, but within the realm of possibility.)

Oh, it worked fine to me.I have been using some Windows base tools to make my DIM installers, but being a Mac user I got interested in your script/process. I have tried to make my tool with Apple Script but failed miserably. Do you mind to share your process?

By the way, I made Metadata for this freebie, so for the people who likes the CMS/Smart Content thing I am putting the link to download it. May be you can put it on your DIM package also. It is up to you.

Metadata files for 80's Girls Just Want Have a Fun
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9581290/IM06292015-01_80sGJWTHFOUTFIT_Metadata.zip

By the way, thanks Cath! It is a wonderful freebie.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hmm the 80s

Best memories of the 80s

Brings back lots of memories

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    in the 1984 we hang out with friends playing the TV ping pong game then the cable broke so I put inside the antenna cable to keep in in place, then we hear screams outside like crazy , what happen was the antenna cable was in network and all the people on the block got to watch us playing the game on own TVs interrupting football game lol we swear to never say a word to anybody lol

actually learned to to play guitar in 1982 thanks to the Beatles music and joined actually rock band later

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hmm the 80s

Best memories of the 80s

You weren't the only one to pull that off Father-in-law was not amused