MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,302
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    You welcome and here we go !!!

But before you download please read
    1. you can mix all materials on any material zones just copy and paste beside hair
    2. when you add hair color, make sure you select Hair material first as the colors for the main hair are shaders not materials
    3. when you convert to V7 use full body and apply smooth modifier on Generic setting so it don't blow the edge loops
    4. You are free to use this set for commercial or hobby rendered artwork
    5. The link will expire when the next freebie is ready
    6. I hope to see a lot of funky crazy and ridiculous renders , it is a must !!! hehe just kidding

ENJOY !

Download link 70 MB :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kcfsp076903nwe/IM06292015-01_80sGJWTHFOUTFIT.zip?dl=0

as a fellow 45 year old who was a big fan of Cyndi and Madonna back in the day - this totally rocks!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    MEC4D said:
    You welcome and here we go !!!

But before you download please read
    1. you can mix all materials on any material zones just copy and paste beside hair
    2. when you add hair color, make sure you select Hair material first as the colors for the main hair are shaders not materials
    3. when you convert to V7 use full body and apply smooth modifier on Generic setting so it don't blow the edge loops
    4. You are free to use this set for commercial or hobby rendered artwork
    5. The link will expire when the next freebie is ready
    6. I hope to see a lot of funky crazy and ridiculous renders , it is a must !!! hehe just kidding

ENJOY !

Download link 70 MB :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kcfsp076903nwe/IM06292015-01_80sGJWTHFOUTFIT.zip?dl=0

as a fellow 45 year old who was a big fan of Cyndi and Madonna back in the day - this totally rocks!

Damn I missed it; very generous though. :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

I knew a girl in college who lived about half a block from Madonna's mother...and well, Madonna...when she still lived at home. And she said that Madonna started dressing that way in high school...long before she made it a fashion trend. Madonna used to babysit my friend....

• seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much again. Really quality items, I'll have a lot of fun with them!!!
    Here it is in poser. I just had to change the material a little bit to work but it's worth the trouble.

80sChick.jpg
    684 x 900 - 721K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,142
    edited December 1969

nicstt said:
    Damn I missed it; very generous though. :)

It is still live I think.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,963
    edited December 1969

A quick dabble with the items, along with a liberal use of the PBR shaders

MEC4D_Giftsx.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 489K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    A quick dabble with the items, along with a liberal use of the PBR shaders

Nice!

Dana

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,352
    edited December 1969

Thank you, and here's an image using the second outfit.

Mec4D-outfit2.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 195K
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Oh I love this! Fab.
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    TimG said:

I knew a girl in college who lived about half a block from Madonna's mother...and well, Madonna...when she still lived at home. And she said that Madonna started dressing that way in high school...long before she made it a fashion trend. Madonna used to babysit my friend....

that is cool. I saw Cyndi Lauper in concert a few year sago, still puts on a great show. You can tell she loves performing.

80s.png
    927 x 1200 - 676K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Yes both links still active, dear people

I love all your creative renders even in Poser ? wow

thank you for sharing !

edited December 1969

I missed this one ..well I have to say that

the style is just so unique and I become a fan , it is like I know it is yours without see your name ..that is an artistic finger print here ! keep up the great work , really original and cool

edited December 1969

I am so happy you enjoy the freebies and have fun with !
    I never expected that , so thank you again everyone ! keep them coming !
    it is so inspiring !
    and I am going back to my digital kitchen to finish our M.V dudes outfits so I have it ready for tomorrow
    I hope the cars are polished and shiny already ! lol

edited December 1969

Here's another one...still 3dl.

flashdance_3.png
    960 x 1200 - 775K
    edited December 1969

Uber environment ? it must take time to render the hair with ? I noticed it render slower with 3Delight but well I am spoiled with my 2 titans already so everything else is slower ..
    btw OOT : I figured the temperatures, now it stay steady , got some $6 heatsink for the VRam and extra fan between them ..wonder happen before 82C now 48C on full load ..so huge difference , better than water cooling

mjc1016 said:
    Here's another one...still 3dl.

edited December 1969

No...not UberEnvironment....it's using the raytrace hider and a simple GI light...much, much faster. It renders in about 8 mins, in the standalone (working on stuff, so I'm dumping to RIBs and rendering while working). It originally was 1940x2400...but the forum wouldn't let me upload it...

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Alex L said:
    MEC4D said:
    Thank you very much
    actually finished modeling next freebie from 1984 , anybody guessing who was dressed in ?

Yet another belated HBD... in the middle of convention season and it doesn't stop til after Comic Con, but wow, these are just fantastic!

Oh I loved Miami Vice! Frinday nights at 10pm, you knew where to find me LOL What really drew me to the show was not just the "MTV" style (and Edward James Olmos, Hello, "Bushido"?!? WOW), but the music by Jan Hammer. It was the first fully synth based TV score, at a time when I was immersed and obsessed with synthesizer & early sampling technology in music.

I <3 the 80s (the cool parts...the avarice & politics...not so much)</div> Pegasus Vice, err perhaps a complete opening credits mix-up, still funny. Yea, that was a good tune, so many were.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQoJy1tE4so

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Yippee! Another great outfit from MEC4D! As you can see, you make my characters very happy!

I've finished up a set of 3Delight materials for the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun hair + band only. You can download it from ShareCG here: http://www.sharecg.com/v/81389/view/21/DAZ-Studio/3Delight-Mats-for-G2F-Girls-Just-Wanna-Hair-+-Band

Renderosity link is coming as soon as they approve it...

--MW

girlsjustwannahavefun.jpg
    585 x 876 - 153K
    promo01.jpg
    1168 x 876 - 283K
  • IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

rough draft.. i have wondrous friends at WDW, so this stuff is priceless.

flashtink_draft.jpg
    494 x 800 - 152K
  • bsettbsett Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Late on the Birthday wish but just wanted to come in and thank you for the generous freebies. Also I bought your volume 1 Iray PBS Shaders and having a lot of fun with them.

Dance_Practice.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

Here's my little thank you image. I'm iray impaired until I get an Nvidia video card so it's a bit plain.

MEC4D_80sGJWHF.png
    480 x 777 - 666K
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    I missed this one ..well I have to say that

the style is just so unique and I become a fan , it is like I know it is yours without see your name ..that is an artistic finger print here ! keep up the great work , really original and cool

Oh my thankyou - just such a lovely compliment its quite made my day.

edited December 1969

Redz said:

Oh I love this! Fab.

Thank you Redz.

edited December 1969

you kids may not remember Olivia Newton John's video for her song physical, but that was the inspiration

Physical.png
    927 x 1200 - 894K
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited July 2015

His face reminds me a little to Paul Rutherford from Frankie Goes To hollywood (just with red hair) ... this picture is really sooo 80's. Love it!!!

paul-rutherford1.jpg
    553 x 258 - 28K
    Post edited by RCTSpanky on
    edited December 1969

His face reminds me a little to Paul Rutherford from Frankie Goes To hollywood (just with red hair) ... this picture is really sooo 80's. Love it!!!

Thanks!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Great character Tim. I totally remember that video...

edited December 1969

Love the new renders everyone .. Thank you !

@Tim ... yeah ! lol the famous copstache !

edited December 1969

@ModernWizard thanks for the mats !

edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Love the new renders everyone .. Thank you !

@Tim ... yeah ! lol the famous copstache !

It felt very appropriate :)