►►► aniMate 2 - Real aniMating Power for Daz Studio!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249
    edited December 2023

Here's the fourth frame

►►► Handy Helpful Links

Dartanbeck's workflow tips:

Paid version of aniMate 2

Added the User Guide to my aniMate 2 page

Using zaz777's amazing animated pose conversion script along with the necessary rsg's "Updated: Daz Studio Posing Scripts (now for G3F)" available on sharecg.com has brought great results for me over the couple years I've been working in Daz Studio for animation.

If using Mixamo animation FBX

3D Universe's Daz Studio Animation Tools Set 1 includes a tool called Body2Hip

Run this on the FBX result Before saving the animated pose, and you'll enjoy Massive Improvements!!!

Use is simple: Select figure (I just select the imported FBX figure) then run Body2Hip

I had converted a lot of my Mixamo FBX downloads to Victoria 7 using Zaz777's conversion script (see below), and they work great. But they're for Victoria 7, so to use them on Rosie 8, I'd either use the  G3F to G8F World's Greatest Pose Convertor pose dials or run a Bone Minion. (there's also G3M to G8M World's Greatest Pose Convertor for our male figures)

Rather than using the Victoria 7 conversions I already made I decided to just use my new Genesis 2 Pose Bone Minion to start from scratch with the original Mixamo FBX downloads. (I purchased the Genesis 2 Pose bone Minion Bundle so that I can easily translate my Mixamo FBX downloads to Any of my Daz 3d Figure generations from M4 and V4 through Genesis 8.1)

LimbStick is a Great Way to get even more custom, believable edits to your aniMations!

Linday's amazing aniMation four-wheeler template system brings Life into our vehicles in Amazing Ways!!!

Some Daz 3d aniBlock/Animated Pose Vendors

►►► Back to Main Menu ►►►

The Power of aniMate 2

A new page at my website

A truly wonderful experience of animating in Daz Studio awaits, and this page will help you delve right in with ideas, links, images and videos 

Along with the actual User Manual for aniMate 2 viewable/downloadable right on the page!

Links to products specifically designed with animation in mind as well as direct links back to this forum thread if you need help with any of it - I monitor this thread manually and I also get an email if someone responds - so you can expect to get answers in a timely manner.

I'll also be adding subpages to this one that will expand our learning experience within the realms of aniMate 2 and animating in Daz Studio in general - because in my world, animating in Daz Studio almost Always involves aniMate 2.

The Power of aniMate 2

A new page at my website - Come on in an Join the Fun!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 2023

Cross-Generation Animation Translation Using Bone Minion

I am looking for an aniBlock, but... oh... that's right. I have that for Genesis 3, but not 8.

Well, it was a good rendering day. I can take a break.

I load in Genesis 8 and apply a Genesis 3 Bone Minion to it and convert the entire collection in one sitting. It takes a while if they're long aniBlocks like these, but in the end the worth is Incredible. Like getting a whole new pack of aniBlocks for this figure.

It can be easy to mess up, so I'll go through the whole process here. We'll use Genesis 8 Female for this example, and we'll call her G8F and Genesis 3 Female we'll call G3F.

1. In either timeline, turn looping off, so Play will stop when the animation is finished
    2. Load in G8F
    3. Go to Scripts > Riversoft Art > Bone Minion and, with G8F selected, double-click the G3F Bone Minion*
    4. Select the Bone Minion (might have to open G8F's hierarchy)
    5. In Parameters, click the "Bone Minion" parameter heading and change the top value "Automatic Pose Transfer" from On (default) to Off so it does try to write as we preview and apply aniBlocks
    6. With Bone Minion still selected, load the first aniBlock
    7. Scrub the timeline (DS or aniMate - doesn't matter) back and fourth once to get Bone Minion off that last pose from the last frame - even though it's sitting on frame 0
    8. Head to the Daz Studio Timeline - Make sure it is set to "Show All Frames" in its parameter settings dialog
    9. With the scrubber set at frame 0 - the very beginning of the timeline, Turn Bone Minion's Automatic Pose Transfer On
    10. Hit the forward one frame button (wait a second) and hit the back one frame button to get back to frame 0 (locks in the pose at frame 0)
    11. Hit Play and don't pass your mouse over anything that will preview a pose or animation, or we'll have to start over
    12. It'll take a little while for the transfer to complete - good time to get a cup of coffee
    13. Upon completion, since we're in the DS Timeline, we'll be on the last frame of the animation
    14. Hit the rewind button to go back to frame 0
    15. Turn Off Bone Minion's Automatic Pose Transfer**
    16. In the scene pane, select G8F
    17. Go back into aniMate 2 and right-click an empty part of aniMate 2 > Create aniBlock from Daz Studio's Timeline
    18. Play it through in aniMate 2 to verify the everything is right.
    19. Right-click the new aniBlock > Save as New > give your aniBlock a name and navigate to or create the folder to keep them in. aniMate defaults to the aniBlocks folder in your library, so the new folder can be put right there if you like
    20. Select the newly saved aniBlock and click the garbage can icon above it to delete it from the scene
    21. Select the aniBlock applied to Bone Minion and delete that one as well - in the timeline you'll notice that there are still some residual key frames on Bone Minion
    22. In the scene pane, select the Bone Minion
    23. Right-click the Timeline tab that you would use to open the Timeline pane > Clear Animation > Clear Figure Pose
    24. Repeat the process for the new aniBlock.

It all goes very smoothly. Easier to do than to type.

* Only available if you've purchased a Bone Minion.

Bone Minion folder - if you have more than one Bone Minion for Genesis 3 Poses, there will still only be the one Genesis 3 Female Bone Minion. If you own the correct one, it will just work on the figure you've applied it to.

When I work on these projects, I prefer to use (in this example) G8F Base Figure, rather than a character, just to make sure that the data is made ofr and taken from the main, base figure. It might not make a difference - so if I jst want to do one conversion while my character is open, I'll go ahead and make the conversion (it's just joint rotation data afterall) and also save the resulting aniBlock to potentially (definitely in my case) save time down the road.

** Automatic Pose Transfer On/Off is, unfortunately animatable. Meaning that, if it's already On and we turn it Off on the last frame, it's still On on the first frame.

When Automatic Pose Transfer is active (On), it will constantly send pose-change information to the target. You don't want that to happen any time except when actually transferring. Get into the habit of keeping this turned off except during the transfer, and Always at frame 0!

I like the job that Bone Minion does so much that I'm collecting all of them

Riversoft Art is right, however. He says that, with Bone Minion we don't have to make all of these conversions but just use Bone Minion on the fly, which is a very good point.

I like having a bazillion aniBlocks to choose from, so I like just converting and be done with it. Plus I like having aniBlocks for all of the wonderful benefits that aniMate 2 provides with all of the tools, features and functions that initiated this thread in the first place!

• Dartanbeck said:

I like the job that Bone Minion does so much that I'm collecting all of them

sadly it doesn't do hands, at least the gen4 to Genesis 9 one doesn't, it's hands move but it doesn't transfer

which is a shame as I can transfer hand animations between every other generation just using DAZ studio

I almost always delete the hand keys anyway, but yeah... that's too bad. I make dials for a bunch of different hand manipulations, so it's really fun to animate them!

edited November 2023

Using zaz777's amazing animated pose conversion script along with the necessary rsg's "Updated: Daz Studio Posing Scripts (now for G3F)" available on sharecg.com has brought great results for me over the couple years I've been working in Daz Studio for animation.

So zaz777, Thank You So Much!!! Fantastic!!!

However, if we Really want a more True conversion that includes the new rig joints for rotation and all, Bone Minion does a much more accurate job.

This was never an issue for me - the dials I make, make this pretty much unnecessary. However, I must say that since I started using Bone Minion for my conversions to be saved as new aniBlocks, the outcome aniBlocks are much better, making them easier to work with.

If you don't want to, or cannot spend the money on the Bone Minion you need, however, do go and download both zaz777's script and the pose conversion package it requires. It's free and it's an excellent solution for getting those excellent aniBlocks and animated poses from earlier generations forward.

One thing, however, is that I didn't have a means to use zaz777's script for Genesis 8. The required product, rsg's "Updated: Daz Studio Posing Scripts (now for G3F)", does have instrauction on how to create the retargeting files for the script. If it is able to convert to G3F, I have a feeling that we could make the necessary file for G8 as well.

Keep in mind that this script doesn't work going from, say V4 to Genesis 3F, it only works going from V4 to V7, for example. They have to be Victoria or Michael figures, not the base figure. But it does include conversion scripts for A3, V3, H3 and M3 and 4 version for all of those. Check zaz777's thread for better explanations of how this all works - but it's easy for the figures already supported - just click the older generation figure that the poses were made for, then Ctrl+click the target figure, and run Zaz's script and it starts plugging through the animation. 

I have the full workflow along with things to watch out for in my course, but you can get this!

Last night I spent some time with Bone Minion converting and saving a bunch of my Reisormocap files to Genesis 8 aniBlocks. When I'm tired and really need a break, this is a fun excercise that gives me time to just sit back and wait for conversions, create new aniBlock and move on to the next, etc., while I enjoy a nice cup of coffee or a glass of scotch... whatever. 

Just this morning I loaded up some of my new aniBlocks and it's just as if they were made for my character. Very freaking cool!

So I took a little time with my morning coffee making a few partials that I need for what I'm working on now. When I finish making the partial that I know I need right now, I often go through and keep making more that might come in handy. I really like having and working with partial aniBlocks. It allows me to use actual motion capture data made by professional motion capture studios on the bulk of the changes I want to apply to the original aniBlock.

The use of partials to get closer to what I want can almost always allow me to leave the entire range of motion capture intact on the timeline, and just alter certain joint rotations using my dials to perfect it - making for a much better result in my honest opinion.

edited December 2023

Special Note:

If using Mixamo animation FBX

3D Universe's Daz Studio Animation Tools Set 1 includes a tool called Body2Hip

Run this on the FBX result Before saving the animated pose, and you'll enjoy Massive Improvements!!!

Use is simple: Select figure (I just select the imported FBX figure) then run Body2Hip

►►► Back to the top of Page 1 ►►►

edited December 2023

Speaking of 3D Universe

LimbStick is a Great Way to get even more custom, believable edits to your aniMations!

There are So Many possibilities that such action results can provide.

Even using an object or objects to help drive the limbs that will later become invisible or even deleted after they do their job on the motion can be an Amazing way to direct the behavior of any of the various limbs, depending on what our imagination and story dictates.

LimbStick just makes it all so easy (and redoable!) with instant results - saving Gobs of time trying to pull it off any other way.

Teaser Video

Awesome useage examples video

This is a Very Good Video regarding the use of LimbStick. Many lessons to be learned and it helps

to demonstrate how we can correct our scene for better results and simply run LimbStick again. 

3D Universe, this is an Amazing Product!!!

edited December 2023

...and speaking of great videos

Sometimes it just pays to watch through demonstration videos by the creating artist. You never know what you may have forgotten until you're reminded once again! ;)

Here's the Amazing Riversoft Art on the Many Uses of Bone Minion

For Example

I had completely forgotten about what he said about his Pose Details product until I rewatched the above video.

He brings it up as a means to run With Bone Minion for creating Partial Poses

So I'm going to look into it and see if it would indeed assist me in my Partial aniBlock creation, or if what I'm doing now is still the better option for me.

We'll see.

edited November 2023

Now that we've discussed Bone Minion, Body2Hip and LimbStick

I'd like to mention why I prefer to Create aniBlocks from Studio's Timeline rather than simply using Bone Minion and calling it a day

aniMate 2 is a very good solution for being able to aniMate in Daz Studio. Having converted or otherwise edited animations stored as aniBlocks to our libraries help us in So Many Ways.

It also allows us to immediately use those results on figures of the same generation without having to redo the conversion or editing.

Having these results stored as aniBlocks in a place where we can access them allows us to

And that's only the main reasons off the top of my head. Having a really good selection of aniBlocks available in the library makes the whole process So Much Easier and More Fluid - making it all That Much More Fun!

Early OctaneRender Experimental render

edited December 2023

Special Note of Interest:

The aniMate Parent Constraints do NOT require us to be in aniMate mode or to be using an aniBlock for it to work.

It can be used whether or not aniMate was involved in the animation at all, which I've found to be very useful.

edited December 2023

Of course, People aren't the Only thing aniMate is Good for!

Linday's amazing aniMation four-wheeler template system brings Life into our vehicles in Amazing Ways!!!

Promo

What's Inside?

Car Chase Addon

The main product itself has nice presets right inside Studio to launch these wonderful instructional videos. Using these, we can use the included ready-to-roll preset cars, use the blank template which is already outfitted with Linday's excellent wheels included in the pack, as well as how to completely make an entirely customized ride using our own wheels, or wheels from an existing product!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Car Chase Scenes aniMated Camera Setup

Speaking of which, try aniMate and your aniBlock collections on your Genesis Figure Monster Character Presets and things like Herschel Hoffmeyer's Dragonhide PCS for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Male and Female and see how cool that can be!

Again, aniMate offers the power to be able to cut aniBlocks and alter things like speed and motion paths... get creative with it and Have some Fun!!!

More Ideas

Use Your Imagination - Have Fun!!!

edited December 2023

Genesis 3 & 8 Face Controls

Fantastic Tool!!! One Huge reason that holds me to Genesis 8 and 3 figures is the fact that this product comes with some Amazing example files that, once turned into aniBlocks make for a Powerful way to get rid of a motionless facial musculature.

The facial performance in this image is only a small fraction of Example 3 that comes with the package along with some key framed expression dials - mostly Ensley's Signature Smile! :)

edited November 2023

Genesis 8.1 comes with the gizmo but, unfortunately the files for Genesis 3 & 8 Face Controls don't work on it. 

edited November 2023

Having Fun again, like always.

You see, I had converted a lot of my Mixamo FBX downloads to Victoria 7 using Zaz777's conversion script (see below), and they work great. But they're for Victoria 7, so to use them on Rosie 8, I'd either use the  G3F to G8F World's Greatest Pose Convertor pose dials or run a Bone Minion. (there's also G3M to G8M World's Greatest Pose Convertor for our male figures)

I'm working on some motions that I wanted to also save "In Place" aniBlocks for them, so I could set my own world translations for Z and X travel, while keeping all of the limbs motion capture intact.

Rather than using the Victoria 7 conversions I already made I decided to just use my new Genesis 2 Pose Bone Minion to start from scratch with the original Mixamo FBX downloads. (I purchased the Genesis 2 Pose bone Minion Bundle so that I can easily translate my Mixamo FBX downloads to Any of my Daz 3d Figure generations from M4 and V4 through Genesis 8.1)

So I load my Bone Minion for Genesis 2 Female, which is the figure I exported to FBX for use in Mixamo (upload my Genesis 2 Female FBX export into Mixamo) and start translating the animated DUF pose files I had saved from my FBX downloads over to Rosie 8 and turn them into aniBlocks. (see below for the full workflow)

I run my Bone Minion translations as described above and, as soon as the translation is complete I run 3DU's Body2Hip script - which is absolutely essential for creating aniBlocks to get the X, Y and Z translations correct because it moves the translation data from the body of the figure to the hip, which is how aniMate 2 prefers to track translation properly - allowing multiple aniBlocks to be combined into a single animation.

This time, after I create my new aniBlock and save it, I bake it to the Timeline, select the hip and open the hip's hierarchy in the timeline to Properties > General > Transforms > Translation > and I select and delete all of the Z axis key frames except for the one on frame 0, which is marked with a "c". That one has to stay.

Now that I've verified that I still have the same animation but without the world movement in the Z axis, I go back to aniMate 2 while it's still locked out - set to Daz Studio Timeline use, and right-click in an empty area and Create aniBlock from Studio Keyframes. It is only then when I delete the other aniBlock and re-activate the aniMate timeline (Click the Open Eye icon by the Figure's track on the left of the aniMate timeline) and save this new one under the same name as the first one but with "IP" as a suffix meaning "In Place". A naming convention I picked up on from Mocap Online's animation packs I bought.

So for each of these motions, I have one with the original world translation motions and one that has the same motion capture data on all of the limbs, but no world translation in the Z axis. I could just as easily remove the X translation as well, if that makes for a better result. In the case I'm working on right now, it's much nicer leaving the X axis in motion.

Prepping for future animation work like this is just as fun to me as the part that comes next, applying these motions to my figures and then tweaking them to what I need. So cool. So freaking Fun!

I must say, however, when it comes to Mixamo animations, the Body2Hip tool turns the resulting FBX download into the same exact animation that we see in Mixamo before we download it. Without the Body2Hip script, the world translation movement turns out all wrong for aniMate - and for me aniMate 2 is an Essential part of making this all work. 

Getting my Mixamo FBX Downloads

1. In Daz Studio, load in Genesis 2 Female
    2. I reduced mine to Base Resolution
    3. Export to FBX in a folder organized specifically for working with Mixamo downloads - this file is for Uploading, so it's in a folder within my Mixamo folder titled "G2F FBX Upload", and I named the file itself "G2FMixamo"
    4. In Mixamo, upload G2FMixamo. In a short while I see her in an idle animation, seeing that she's been properly retargeted. I've never seen a targeting issue when using Genesis 2 Female - it just works
    5. Go through the bazillion animations, picking out what I want and working with any additional possibilities they offer for tweaking parts of the motion
    6. When they offer various changes, I'll often download the base motion that comes up without any changes, then make some changes that I like and save several of those as variants, using naming conventions like "Breathing A" Breathing B", that sort of thing. I enjoy having a lot of variants to choose from when they offer these in the Mixamo panel
    7. When I'm done downloading for the session, I go to the folders that i saved my animations into. I make many folders to catalog what the poses are about, like "Sword Two Handed", "Weapon Pistol", that sort of thing.
    8. The first time I go to work with them, I right-click on one of the files (the first one I want to work with in DS) and choose "Open With > " and select Daz Studio
    9. Now I can simply double-click the files and they open an animated G2F FBX rig into Daz Studio
    10. Run the motion to make sure it's good. If not, delete it and move the file to a different folder called "Failed" so that I can try again in Mixamo next time
    11. I haven't had one fail yet, but the next step was Not done to my current files because i didn't have the tool when I did these, so I perform this step after I Bone Minion them to Genesis 8 Female
    12. Select the G2F FBX character in the scene pane > Scripts > 3DU Body2Hip (from Daz Studio Animation Tools Set 1) and run the script
    13. This is an essential step to get working aniBlocks so we can work with them with other aniBlocks and aniMate tools - it moves the Translation data from the Body to the Hip, which is what Daz Studio prefers
    14. With the character still selected File > Save As Pose Preset > Set to All Frames and save them to an organized folder structure under People > Genesis 2 Female > Poses > Mixamo Animations
    15. I purchased the Genesis 2 Pose bone Minion Bundle so that I can easily translate my Mixamo FBX downloads to Any of my Daz 3d Figure generations from M4 and V4 through Genesis 8.1

Don't have Bone Minion Yet? This can at least get you to Genesis 3

zaz777's amazing animated pose conversion script along with the necessary rsg's "Updated: Daz Studio Posing Scripts (now for G3F)" available on sharecg.com has brought great results for me over the couple years I've been working in Daz Studio for animation. Bone Minion does a much better translation, but if you can't get that yet, this is an Excellent system to get earlier generation animated pose data onto your newer (up to Victoria 7 that comes standard in the pack) figures.

Also - the required RSG pose conversion script package comes with excellent instructions that just might help you create your own addon that supports new generations. I haven't tried that and probably won't since I already have many Bone Minion Bundles and will eventually own them all. I am a Completely Satisfied and Overjoyed customer of Riversoft Art's Bone Minions!!!

edited November 2023

Incredible!

I find it Amazing how all of this works.

After collecting as many aniBlock packs and older (and new) animated pose packs as I have - definitely almost everything offered at Daz 3d, It feels like there's nothing I want my character to do that I can't achieve with a little messing around with This motion for the upper body (Arms, sometimes neck and head, sometimes also the chest, etc.,)  after deciding upon That motion for the base (lower body and legs) and then baking it all into the timeline to add my own tweaks....

It truly helps that these motion packs are all so excellent! 

Big Kudos and a Huge Thank You to:

The hard work of re-targeting the beautiful job of motion capture you all have put into your products is Truly Appreciated by This Cat!!!

Thank You So Much!!!

Being Able to work these motions across all of our Daz Figures and having the tools to help make them into something entirely different with more imagination than effort cannot being understated.

Special Thanks to All of the Vendors at Daz 3d!!!

Since Daz 3d made Daz Studio 4.x Pro FREE, it can be easy to take it all for granted. But Daz Studio is an Incredible piece of software - especially for those of us who like to really dig into it and enjoy the lovely tools that are built into this thing under the hood - with the tools right there within handy reach - not to mention the fact that all of the panes can be placed anywhere that helps our flow - and then we can save the layouts and switch between them on the fly... 

To All of the Developers who have worked on Daz Studio from its first conception through to today...

I Love You Folks!!! Thank You So Much!!!

Here's One Cat who Truly Appreciates all of you Hard Freaking Work!!! 

Genius - the Lot of You!!!

DAZ STUDIO ROCKS!!!

DAZ STUDIO BRIGDES ROCK!!!

DAZ 3D INSTALL MANAGER ROCKS!!!

DAZ 3D STORE IS SECOND TO NONE!!!

DAZ 3D ROCKS!!!

Dartanbeck said:

To Help Illustrate the Points Mentioned Above

I'll show it once I get it rendered, but I just used one of the Zombie Walks (Walk In Place - no forward movement) from my new pack, and made a "Rough Ride" on a motorcylce animation out of it.

1. Removed all key frames for the arms, head/neck, and legs
    2. Loaded my new Cyberpunk Motorcycle by Charlie
    3. Removed all key frames from Rosie > Properties (before the hip, the overall figure translation, which didn't contain any useful data as it's all in the hip)
    4. Repositioned Rosie to the seat of the motorcycle
    5. Posed the arms, legs hands, neck and head
    6. Parent the motorcycle to Rosie's hip
    7. Scroll along the Timeline and re-orient Rosie (watching the motorcycle) to counter the hip motions in order to keep the motorcycle traveling in the correct direction
    8. With the hands firmly on the handlebars, Ctrl+Select each hand, then the motorcycle and ran LimbStick
    9. Selected Rosie (motorcycle parented to her hip) and Created a New Group, parenting her inside of it
    10. Moved the group and set the wheel-spin to the appropriate speed to get the proper motion through 3D space
    11. Simulated the hair
    12. Loaded my new M.O.A.B Missile Silo, positioned it to fit the animation
    13. Create Camera > Set DoF throughout the animation
    14. Save (third time by this point)

Watching this animation both through the render camera and from a distance through Perspective view, it looks Fantastic!!!

The intro of this tutorial video has this animation at the very beginning, if you'd like to see it

edited December 2023

The Power of aniMate 2

A new page at my website

A truly wonderful experience of animating in Daz Studio awaits, and this page will help you delve right in with ideas, links, images and videos 

Along with the actual User Manual for aniMate 2 viewable/downloadable right on the page!

Links to products specifically designed with animation in mind as well as direct links back to this forum thread if you need help with any of it - I monitor this thread manually and I also get an email if someone responds - so you can expect to get answers in a timely manner.

I'll also be adding subpages to this one that will expand our learning experience within the realms of aniMate 2 and animating in Daz Studio in general - because in my world, animating in Daz Studio almost Always involves aniMate 2.

The Power of aniMate 2

A new page at my website - Come on in an Join the Fun!!!

►►► Back to the top of Page 1 ►►►

Three different "Skateboarding" motions I've downloaded from Mixamo. I have nine.

• Gotta say, each time I watch this 'Skateboarding' clip, I pick up on new little touches that combine to make this a great example of the many complexities in laying something like this down...

edited November 2023

Check this out then:

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,897
    edited November 2023

我的小板凳已经提前放好叻~~devil

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

我的小板凳已经提前放好叻~~devil

不好了!我把时间翻译倒过来了!blush

Fixed! yeswink

edited November 2023

This is the Reduced Resolution Rosie 8 I've prepared for the upcoming webinar

With all mesh resolutions set to Base and a rather aggressive use of Scene Optimizer on all textures, she should perform pretty well with all of the screen capture stuff going on, while also looking great at the same time.

Notice that she's wearing her brand new Beachy Halter Top by Sveva! Rosie Loves it!!!

Rosie 8 DAL Webinar A.png
    800 x 800 - 443K