►►► aniMate 2 - Real aniMating Power for Daz Studio!

124»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250
    edited December 2023

►►► Handy Helpful Links

Dartanbeck's workflow tips:

Paid version of aniMate 2

Added the User Guide to my aniMate 2 page

Using zaz777's amazing animated pose conversion script along with the necessary rsg's "Updated: Daz Studio Posing Scripts (now for G3F)" available on sharecg.com has brought great results for me over the couple years I've been working in Daz Studio for animation.

If using Mixamo animation FBX

3D Universe's Daz Studio Animation Tools Set 1 includes a tool called Body2Hip

Run this on the FBX result Before saving the animated pose, and you'll enjoy Massive Improvements!!!

Use is simple: Select figure (I just select the imported FBX figure) then run Body2Hip

I had converted a lot of my Mixamo FBX downloads to Victoria 7 using Zaz777's conversion script (see below), and they work great. But they're for Victoria 7, so to use them on Rosie 8, I'd either use the  G3F to G8F World's Greatest Pose Convertor pose dials or run a Bone Minion. (there's also G3M to G8M World's Greatest Pose Convertor for our male figures)

Rather than using the Victoria 7 conversions I already made I decided to just use my new Genesis 2 Pose Bone Minion to start from scratch with the original Mixamo FBX downloads. (I purchased the Genesis 2 Pose bone Minion Bundle so that I can easily translate my Mixamo FBX downloads to Any of my Daz 3d Figure generations from M4 and V4 through Genesis 8.1)

LimbStick is a Great Way to get even more custom, believable edits to your aniMations!

Linday's amazing aniMation four-wheeler template system brings Life into our vehicles in Amazing Ways!!!

Some Daz 3d aniBlock/Animated Pose Vendors

►►► Back to Main Menu ►►►

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Dartanbeck said:

aniMate 2's wonderful "Cubic Interpolation" tweener!

I wish that was available in the regular timeline instead of just through animate 2. 

I show a way to do it in the upcoming course.

Basically we'd use a TCB on either side with a linear between them.

The other alternative would be to send your keyframe work into aniMate (Create aniBlock) and work with the keys in there. It's really cool how we can use both together.

In creating this thread and that course, I've been impressed with a lot of ways that aniMate can simply make our lives easier. Making aniBlocks and Baking to the timeline... then perhaps creating a new aniBlock and working through some specific tweaks and then send it back to the timeline - doing these things can speed up the process immensely even though writing it and reading about doesn't make it feel true. It makes it sound like a lot of work - but it's actually making the job smoother and easier.

Just because we 'create a new aniBlock' doesn't mean that we have to save it. We can use it as a temporary means to get at the really cool key frame editor - instead of editing existing key frames, however, we'd only be key framing new changes to what's already keyed in. And we can do that in layers to avoid confusion. It's really cool stuff!

edited December 2023

So while we're key framing in the changes within the aniBlock, we're using that Cubic Interpolation - which makes the process really easy and fast because it's never over-shooting!

Visit Dartanbeck.com for a Whole World of CG Filmmaking topics and articles! 

The Power of aniMate 2

A new page at my website

A truly wonderful experience of animating in Daz Studio awaits, and this page will help you delve right in with ideas, links, images and videos 

Along with the actual User Manual for aniMate 2 viewable/downloadable right on the page!

Links to products specifically designed with animation in mind as well as direct links back to this forum thread if you need help with any of it - I monitor this thread manually and I also get an email if someone responds - so you can expect to get answers in a timely manner.

I'll also be adding subpages to this one that will expand our learning experience within the realms of aniMate 2 and animating in Daz Studio in general - because in my world, animating in Daz Studio almost Always involves aniMate 2.

The Power of aniMate 2

A new page at my website - Come on in an Join the Fun!!!

►►► Back to Main Menu ►►►

Newly Added Today

I have fleshed out new subpages for the following topics which should be a much nicer experience than digging through forum pages.

Let me know how you like/dislike the experience

Dartanbeck's workflow tips:

edited December 2023

People keep asking for Daz 3D to add - or have someone else add - some decent animating tools to Daz Studio.

The crazy thing is that they've already done that many many years ago with a company that goes by the name of GoFigure.

I think that the free sample of aniMate that comes with Daz Studio is only some basics of what aniMate 2 truly is - though even that is pretty darned powerful - it allows us to use aniBlocks in creative ways to make truly amazing motions on our characters and vehicles.

But I think that most folks who own the paid version aniMate 2 don't quite understand the whole idea of how much animating power this plugin provides us. I know I certainly didn't. Not for years!

aniBlocks often get termed by folks who want to become pro-animators: "Canned Animations". And, although it actually should be, it's not meant as a compliment. In truth, those are professionally recorded and retargeted motion capture sequences that are Highly beneficial to Any animator's toolkit. Professional animators have their own collections of Canned Animations... we should too!

But when it comes to keyframe animation techniques, aniMate 2 can be a real boon! 

Plot out the basics of your animation along the timeline as usual, and then while it's still in its early stages, create an aniBlock of it and finish it in aniMate 2 using Keyframe mode!

This gives us the power and pleasure of animating using layers. 

It allows us to adjust the motion path in 3D space for each limb and the hip.

It gives us the wonderful Cubic Interpolation tweener, which is what aniMate 2 always uses.

Truly, there are a Lot of benefits to working this way!

edited December 2023

I truly don't mean to mock the idea of exporting to other animation solutions - that's not it at all.

I might seem apprehensive about all of this - but that's simply because I've seen plenty of people like me, who just want to have some fun making our own animations in Daz Studio - only to have folks with "professional intention" minds boldly tell them that they shouldn't even try - you simply cannot animate in Daz Studio.

True, if your dreams are to become a professional animator at a studio, doing this stuff for a living, you'll want to learn the methods most common to those sorts of workflows. But that's entirely different in most Hollywood cases. You won't be doing the whole thing, though it's good to know the entire process. No, you'll be doing one aspect and passing in on, and doing that aspect again on the next file and so on. 

If you plan on becoming a professional animator and actually know how to animate in Daz studio, it's amazing how much easier your life will be in that other world.

The methods I've come up with to make my life easier in Studio are tools that I've figured out how to make myself - using tools that Daz 3D provided us so that we can make custom content and sell it here. The tools are really good and easy to use.

This sort of 'thinking outside the box' is beneficial to animation supervisors. "It just won't work" is not. 

So I'm trying to breathe life into a subject that has been shunned for Far Too Long. I fell prey to this line of thinking myself, or I'd have been using Studio  l o n g  ago, and loving it!

Making animated art for our own enjoyment? Daz Studio ROCKS at that! 

The cool new workflows I've been coming up with might help you out. I only say this because, when I was using Daz Studio, but not for rendering or animation, I was using it as a toolbox. That knowledge of the tools inside Studio is what helped me to create my fluid new method.

But you really don't need that. If you like what I'm doing and want to see how I do it? Yeah... that's why I'm making courses on the various subjects. I still have a long way to go - and it just keeps getting better. But I started with what I felt to be the most important breakthrough, and that's what my first big course covers.

At that time I thought that most folks interested in this had already mastered aniMate 2 - but then someone aksed me what a key frame was.

After having many discussions about animating and using aniMate 2, it became more and more clear that a Lot of people who already own aniMate 2 aren't completely familiar with the power this gives them - so I started this thread and asked Paul Bussey at Digital Art Live if we could do something with this. He agreed.

Since I started digging into all of this, my workflow is becoming even more powerful, fun and exciting with the epiphanies that come along with researching for something this complete! I love that!!!!

In both courses (this one for aniMate 2 isn't released yet) I demonstrate how we can take advantage of rendering strategies to speed up our workflow, leaving a Lot more time for making more and more animations, so we can keep the ball rolling. That will be the focus of my next course. Mentioning and touching upon these subjects is one thing. In this next one we'll actually have that as our main topic and really dig in!!! 

Remember - Animating is a Lot of fun and is very rewarding. When we do it by ourselves for ourselves we get to win in so many ways - number one for me is that I get to work on My projects from My imagination. Once you reach a professional level, that part of it goes away, and your end of the pipeline becomes more like just another job in the factory - not the Fun I'm having with all of this. 

edited January 8

The Power of aniMate 2 - Now Live at Daz 3D!

Join me in discovering all of the wonderful tools and features of GoFigure's aniMate 2!

The Power of aniMate 2 - Now Live at Daz 3D

An essential part of my entire workflow, aniMate 2 eneables me to go back and forth between it's non-linear block format of adjusting animations and Daz Studio's timeline fluidly to get exactly the motions I'm trying to achieve.

Along the way we'll visit more essentials to this whole workflow.

In this course, you'll clearly see why I'm having such a great time aniMating in Daz Studio!!!

To help even further, I'm growing a cool pile of pages in my website: The Power of aniMate 2

• I created a forearm twist and hand bend. I used the 3d Universe Cartoon male (G8) because I thought the limits might be different

than base G8 figure. However I do not see the dials when trying to create another instance of the 3d Universe Cartoon male. I've

tried restarting studio etc. The only workaround is to merge the Cartoon's Male's scene where I created the dials into my  current scene which is a bit of a hassle. Any suggestions

on something I may have missed? Other than not using a base figure I also deselected some unrelevent boxes during the ERC Freeze session. not sure

if that could cause a  problem? do I have to do an ERC bake after desecting? Any tips welcome!

edited May 14

I need to add an update. Do you still have the scene saved where you've created your dials?

To add them to the base figure:

File > Save As > Support Asset (way on the bottom) > Morph Asset

In the dialog, you must select only the new dials you've made and wish to save. You'll find those under the top line's hierarchy under Pose Controls, if that's where you've made them to be - as I demonstrate.

Don't forget to put your name and give it a product name. This will allow you to update your collection in an organized fashion within the file structure - making it easier to work with.

In other words, each time we add new dials, the name of the product we've saved previously (even if its not for sale) will show up in the Product drop-down. 

This is beneficial because the actual data files for the dials will be in our My DAZ 3D Library under:

data > DAZ 3D > Figure Name (Genesis 8 > Female, for example) > Morphs > Our Product Name

Sometimes we save a dial and later wish to remove it. Going to this folder (above) is where we can find it and delete it.

Morph Assets.jpg
    540 x 744 - 178K