CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK IV

music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
edited June 2015 in Art Studio

We left the Mark III over there>>.

Cherokee said:
tomtom.w said:
Cherokee said:
betsy662 said:
I don't even remember where I got it, I know Mus was the one who posted the link, and that might be in the Mark 2 thread of Car & Bike Lovers Render thread.

I think this might be the one.. http://astorza.net/freebies2/

Thanks, downloading now. Nice to have a '53 Cadillac with Dagmar bumpers and all to play with, it's a good car to test chrome shaders on...

I double checked that file with the one I had previously downloaded and it is the exact model we have been using in renders here.

Yup...that's the one alright! I don't have one from anywhere else.

:-)

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• masterjinnmasterjinn Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Ok It may be late for the challenge, But I feel she should be seen in this thread.
    Here is "A-KO" of Project A-KON.(Yes that has been her name for 26 years now)

On a Yamaki bike in the "Grid Girls" set. The theme is Team A-KON

Team_A-KON_Daz-4.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 1M
  • tomtom.wtomtom.w Posts: 138
    edited June 2015

A few more test renders of the '53 Eldorado, testing new shader presets I made for it, based on the illustrations in the sales folder. It's not possible to make 100% correct shaders, though, since the illustrations in the folder are drawings/paintings, not photos, but they're close approximations of the Cadillac colours. The pink paint is not in the '53 sales folder, but based on pictures of pink Eldorados from the late 1950s.

If anyone is interested in the shader presets (two rubber shaders, matte black and shiny white, five leather shaders and the five non-metallic car paint shaders in the renders below) I'll upload them as another freebie pack to my DeviantArt page.

1953_Cadillac_Eldorado_05b_-_small.png
    1280 x 720 - 749K
    1953_Cadillac_Eldorado_04b_-_small.png
    1280 x 720 - 705K
    1953_Cadillac_Eldorado_03b_-_small.png
    1280 x 720 - 727K
    1953_Cadillac_Eldorado_02b_-_small.png
    1280 x 720 - 718K
    1953_Cadillac_Eldorado_01b_-_small.png
    1280 x 720 - 685K
    Post edited by tomtom.w on
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

tomtom.w said:
    A few more test renders of the '53 Eldorado, testing new shader presets I made for it, based on the illustrations in the sales folder. It's not possible to make 100% correct shaders, though, since the illustrations in the folder are drawings/paintings, not photos, but they're close approximations of the Cadillac colours. The pink paint is not in the '53 sales folder, but based on pictures of pink Eldorados from the late 1950s.

If anyone is interested in the shader presets (two rubber shaders, matte black and shiny white, five leather shaders and the five non-metallic car paint shaders in the renders below) I'll upload them as another freebie pack to my DeviantArt page.

I look forward to the shaders for sure, as I'm always looking for decent paint shaders for my cars, I recently did find leather shaders made specifically for Iray, however, the leather shaders were never really a problem with Iray, the paint and chrome however, is always a different story.

Back in the day, often you will find that even automobile companies would use artist illustrations for their brochures, as having color photographs taken would have been prohibitively expensive, even as late as the 1950s, so the actual paint colors would have varied anyway from the illustrations, Pink wasn't really an option with Cadillac until the latter part of the decade, and then only because rock n roll came into its own about that time, and Elvis of course, had a pink Cadillac.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited December 1969

Always interested in more shaders

edited December 1969

Always interested in more shaders

I'll upload them within a few days, and let you all know when they're ready for download.

And here's a promo picture the way I believe they would have looked if Cadillac had had photos in their folders and brochures.

1953_Cadillac_Eldorado_-_midnight_blue.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited June 2015

Marvelous renders. Would be cool if someone could model a drag strip :-)

Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    Marvelous renders. Would be cool if someone could model a drag strip :-)

I've tried and already failed at several attempts, could try again I guess, my problem is modeling the Christmas Tree.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited June 2015

...surprised there is nothing at Rendo. They have full racetrack. Only one I could find was on Turbosquid for 69$ and I believe it is in MAX format so it can't even be converted for use in Daz.

Supposedly there is also one over at the Sketchup warehouse but since they changed the files all to the new Sketchup format and got rid of pretty much all the Collada and .obj files, again there is no way to convert to Daz. I knew when Google sold it off it would not be good.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

The newer version of Sketchup does convert files to object format.

edited June 2015

...in what application?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...in what application?

any that can use obj files - DS Carrara Bryce so on .

edited December 1969

I hate Autocorrect, such a pain, yes, the newer versions of Sketchup will convert skp files to obj files, it also helps to have Blender handy to resize the model so it actually will be viewable in DS.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    I hate Autocorrect, such a pain, yes, the newer versions of Sketchup will convert skp files to obj files, it also helps to have Blender handy to resize the model so it actually will be viewable in DS.

or you can use Bryce .

edited June 2015

...I tried one of the .skp files in Daz and all I get is a null.
    Not in the position to pay Trimble for the ability to convert files to .obj.

edited December 1969

It comes with the ability to convert the files in the free version, so I don't know why you would need to pay Trimble to be able to convert skp files to obj files, unless your still using Sketchup 8, Sketchup 2014 and 2015 come already so equipped!

edited December 1969

...isn't the free version a very limited time demo though? At least that's what I heard.

edited December 1969

On all of the pro stuff, it still supports the different file formats, many more than they used to, I can't say whether or not they have changed things again, but my copies of both Sketchup 2014 and 2015 both export obj files, I do have both because I have two computers.

edited June 2015

The picture shows 16 of the 17 exterior paint colours Cadillac offered for MY 1953, all of which will be included in my upcoming free shader preset pack #3, along with a lot of other shader presets, both paint colours, leather colours and two rubber shaders (matte black and shiny white). The 17th colour offered for 1953 was black, which is already available in my pack #2.

The colours are as accurate as a new source I found allows me to make them, a source that seems to be very good, because I have compared my shader presets to pictures of real Cadillacs in original colours on the 'Net, and the colours in renders made using my new shader presets seem to be very close to the original Cadillac colours (as always when it comes to colours you have to make sure that you compare renders and images with similar levels of light...).

In case anyone wonders the colours in the picture are, from top left, Alpine White, Apollo Gold, Artisan Ochre, Aztec Red, Azure Blue, Burgundy Maroon, Cobalt Blue, Court Grey, Crystal Green, Emerald Green, Forest Green, Gloss Green, Norman Grey, Pastoral Blue, Phoenix Beige and Tunis Blue.

1953_Cadillac_colours.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by tomtom.w on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Tomtom.

edited December 1969

Something I've been working on the car' I'm using for scale is by Bazze

Darg2.png
    1893 x 968 - 307K
    Darg1.png
    1893 x 968 - 278K
    edited December 1969

That looks good Robert.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

tomtom.w said:
    The picture shows 16 of the 17 exterior paint colours Cadillac offered for MY 1953, all of which will be included in my upcoming free shader preset pack #3, along with a lot of other shader presets, both paint colours, leather colours and two rubber shaders (matte black and shiny white). The 17th colour offered for 1953 was black, which is already available in my pack #2.

The colours are as accurate as a new source I found allows me to make them, a source that seems to be very good, because I have compared my shader presets to pictures of real Cadillacs in original colours on the 'Net, and the colours in renders made using my new shader presets seem to be very close to the original Cadillac colours (as always when it comes to colours you have to make sure that you compare renders and images with similar levels of light...).

In case anyone wonders the colours in the picture are, from top left, Alpine White, Apollo Gold, Artisan Ochre, Aztec Red, Azure Blue, Burgundy Maroon, Cobalt Blue, Court Grey, Crystal Green, Emerald Green, Forest Green, Gloss Green, Norman Grey, Pastoral Blue, Phoenix Beige and Tunis Blue.

Get your hands on some Caddie chip charts?

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

That looks good Robert.

Thanks still a bit to do then I'll post it

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    tomtom.w said:

Get your hands on some Caddie chip charts?

https://myclassicgarage.com

There are some colours there that aren't correct but most of them are very close, so they are good base values. Values that are then adjusted up and down and added to the proper places in the Iray shader presets, tested and compared to photos of real cars in real paint.

edited December 1969

Bit more on my project

Drag2.png
    1893 x 968 - 560K
    Drag1.png
    1893 x 968 - 607K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

tomtom.w said:

There are some colours there that aren't correct but most of them are very close, so they are good base values. Values that are then adjusted up and down and added to the proper places in the Iray shader presets, tested and compared to photos of real cars in real paint.

Here's another one...and this place does have a ton of chip charts, too...

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_codes_menu.php

edited December 1969

Bit more on my project

Looks great.
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    tomtom.w said:

Here's another one...and this place does have a ton of chip charts, too...

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_codes_menu.php
    Thanks, I'll check it.

edited December 1969

Bit more on my project

That's looking really good, now we just need a decent road surface, with lots of skid and burn marks where the burnouts take place.

edited December 1969

Thanks all
    Am trying to do a road surface for it as well along with side barriers and the electronic eyes for the wheels

This discussion has been closed.