Good save GL.. looks good..

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024
    edited August 2019

Left or right? smiley

32_fords_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Nice!  Both impressive, but I think I prefer the style of the one on the right.

Dana

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,266

Left for Sunday go to meeting Right for Friday and Saturday night

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    hacsart said:

Left or right? smiley

Why are there Model A wheels on the Duece?

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    GLWoodard said:
    hacsart said:

Left or right? smiley

I was wondering the same thing indecision

GLWoodard said:
    hacsart said:

Left or right? smiley

There has to be some proper wheels somewhere, the spare tire wells seem to be containing the right wheels!

edited August 2019

Mesh came without wheels.. those were the closest I could find... The spare wheel mesh couldn't easliy be broken out to separate components...

hacsart said:

Sadly, that;s the way the mesh was done, and I couldn't  get the spare wheel mesh broken out...

GLWoodard said:

why are there Model A wheels on the Duece?

GLWoodard said:
    hacsart said:

Left or right? smiley

You could probably use the wheels off of the 3D Classics 32 Ford, if of course, you have that one!

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ford-b400-1932---extended-license/119438/

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to locate the Poser version, which would be much less expensive than the extended license version, but EL version will work with any software that opens obj's.

Trying a different approach to bust out the rim form the spare wheel..  stay tuned..

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Waits impaiently giggles!!

edited August 2019

Ok.. used a break faces instead of a break geometry...  the spare wheel object has more to it than juts the wheel, lots of fender and other bits.. So I deleted everything that wasn't the rim.. and exported to an obj.. and then used one of the 3d Classic tires scaled to fit the imported wheel.

This better? only downside so far, is that If I change the color of the wheel , I can;t change the color of the spare wheel rim/s[pokes to match, not without more surgery..

32_fords_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M

Looks good to me

edited August 2019

I'll bet this one looks more proper for a 32 Ford!

32 Ford.jpg
    1860 x 881 - 585K
    Post edited by GLWoodard on
    hacsart said:

Ok.. used a break faces instead of a break geometry...  the spare wheel object has more to it than juts the wheel, lots of fender and other bits.. So I deleted everything that wasn't the rim.. and exported to an obj.. and then used one of the 3d Classic tires scaled to fit the imported wheel.

This better? only downside so far, is that If I change the color of the wheel , I can;t change the color of the spare wheel rim/s[pokes to match, not without more surgery..

Actually it does look a lot better with the proper wheels attached, I know in real life, the bolt pattern was the same for both the Model and the 32 Ford's, so the wheels would interchange, what gets me is these so called artists who make this content often don't seem to think accuracy is important, but then again, history was probably never their strong point, so historical accuracy probably isn't either!

BTW, where did you get the coupe?

edited August 2019

Can;t remember off hand... I'll see if I can find out...

• RurisRuris Posts: 123
    edited September 2019

Hi friends,

Hope I can join you guys here.

Just want to check with you experts, is the car object looking a bit small vs the model? Wiki says the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Intensa_Emozione is 1130mm in height.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2019
    Ruris said:

Hi friends,

Hope I can join you guys here.

Just want to check with you experts, is the car object looking a bit small vs the model? Wiki says the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Intensa_Emozione is 1130mm in height.

Howdy

That's just shy of 4 feet high for the car so judgeing by the pic I'd say just a little unless she's over 6 ft tall

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RurisRuris Posts: 123

Hi, 

The grid is in metric, yes? 1 box  = 1 meter. Seems close to the specs in wiki. 5m length and 2m width.

Official Kanade height is 179.9 (thought a doll like model would be smaller, who knows)....so with some heels, thats 190cm I suppose. 

Well, FWIW, an architectural text I have suggests that for modeliing the avergae femal heright is 1.610 meters. So your figure base at 1.79 seems a bit too tall. TRy scaling her so that the roofline on the car is just about waist heiogh, for a start, and go from there..

edited September 2019
    hacsart said:

Well, FWIW, an architectural text I have suggests that for modeliing the avergae femal heright is 1.610 meters. So your figure base at 1.79 seems a bit too tall. TRy scaling her so that the roofline on the car is just about waist heiogh, for a start, and go from there..

I have to agree Having looked at some pictures of the car with people she does appear to be to tall and in the pictures I found where people were standing beside the car the roof line was just slightly above the waist to just below the ribcage

Post edited by Robert Freise on
    edited September 2019

Lisa and Her Hotrod!

Lisa and Her Hotrod.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 523K
    Post edited by GLWoodard on
    edited September 2019

Nice!

Tudor!

tudor_rod_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2019
    hacsart said:

hacsart said:

I have to agree Having looked at some pictures of the car with people she does appear to be to tall and in the pictures I found where people were standing beside the car the roof line was just slightly above the waist to just below the ribcage

That just means that she's "above average". Nothing wrong with that. cheeky

--------------------------------------------------------------

New thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/349811/car-and-bike-lovers-thread-mark-v

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.