CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK IV

Comments

• That's some model can you tell where you got it

Sure, do a search for 'Mossberg 500' on GRABCAD and you'll find it easy enough, there's only one.

Unfortunately its creator didn't upload a mesh version, like STL or OBJ, only STEP and IGES (Brep/NURBS 3d CAD formats).

To make matters worse I had some difficulty opening the IGES file; McNeel Rhino, normally an almost scary geometry-omnivore, couldn't do it.

So you'll need a more heavyweight CAD program to convert it into a render-friendly mesh format (in my case Autodesk Inventor did it, but not without some damage).

I much prefer Rhino for this because it gives me nice UV's from the start, whereas the Inventor-3dsMax route nearly always produces useless crap when it comes to UV's.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,266

Ah yes have downloaded from there before some files work OK while others are a pita but they do have some really nice ones

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335

58 Chevy!

58 Chevy.jpg
    1511 x 699 - 185K

Mazda!

Mazda.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 323K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

..where did you find the Mazda, that's cute.

That is a freebie that can be found at Sharecg. Its in the DAZ Studio listings.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/81796/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/MAZDA-CAROL-for-DAZ-STUDIO-4.8 

kyoto kid said:

..where did you find the Mazda, that's cute.

..cool thanks.

Her 250 GTO

Her 250 GTO.jpg
    1202 x 806 - 720K
  • Thought i would dabble a lil bit with a TRON theme

ASP (1 of 1).jpg
    1502 x 844 - 438K
  • diegoguediegogue Posts: 5
    edited August 2015

An old R75 from the WWII

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Hotrod!

Hotrod.jpg
    1511 x 698 - 247K

Wow, it moved all the way to the third page, now I guess its my turn to bump the thread!

She Likes Cars Older Than Her!

She Likes Cars Older Than Her.jpg
    1170 x 775 - 469K
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited September 2015

James Dean's Porsche Spyder 550

GTA conversion.

JD550.jpg
    1147 x 877 - 180K
    JD550Rear.jpg
    1147 x 877 - 183K
    Post edited by Cherokee on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822

Hi all. Have not been doing any 3d lately. Been doing some music for a change. Got me a new Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall amp, so I gotta play. I did however, download the new 4.8 and it just went crazy on my windows 64 bit. Couldn't get anything to work right. I uninstalled it once I saw the prices for stuff for it, also that it connected me up, automatically, with everthing I have ever bought here from Daz. It started slowly downloading every item with it configured for 4.8. After one entire day of it, it had only gotten half way through the letter "A". I could see it was going to take ages to do it, so I stopped it and uninstalled it all. Man Daz has come so far to be so complicated now. I have just about given up on 3d all together because of prices, can't find any more good free cars, all junk, GTA I have about every car ever made...lol. No fun left for me, I do however still like coming up in here and seeing you folks with some money get these new cars and render them. So...keep um comin' and Glad to see Betsy finally use your real name...haha!

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822

I will return!

I know what you mean Mus, however, not all is lost, if your using the Install Manager, that can be set to not install everything, in fact, I don't even use it to install anything except the latest DAZ software, I still install everything manually.

I know about the loss of free cars, however, I believe its just a lull, there are a few decent ones out there, however, lately they've mostly been of the early Japanese sports cars, decent models though, I do enjoy the change from my usual classics.

Friday Night!

Friday Night.jpg
    1170 x 775 - 591K

Watch That Speed Limit!

Watch That Speed Limit.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 968K
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited September 2015

1955 Karmann Ghia

GTA Conversion

Poser Pro 2012 Render

I've always liked the Karmann Ghia but have never found a good mesh until this one.

1955 Karmann Ghia.jpg
    1147 x 877 - 186K
    Post edited by Cherokee on
  • Nice little redhead I knew had one in yellow

I always thought they were cool, finally there is one out there!

• GLWoodard said:

I always thought they were cool, finally there is one out there!

Glad I found that one. It's here.. http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/cars/74130-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-coupe-typ-14-1955/

Robert, her's must have been newer. There weren't many colors adailable for the '55 version.

• Could be don't remember what year it was only that it had been repainted

Thanks Cherokee, I will give it a try.

edited September 2015

Yep, that VW Karmann-Ghia certainly is a very nice mesh, great model, almost on a par with the 40 Ford Coupe, I also used the luggage rack, made that a separate prop, that way I can still use the car without all the luggage on the roof!

Takin A Break0.jpg
    900 x 416 - 71K
    Post edited by GLWoodard on

Miss Amy Bel-Air!

Miss Amy Bel Air.jpg
    1511 x 698 - 295K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2015

Two recent Cryslers Crossfire and PT Cruiser. One render in trad and the other in custom.

Redid all the materials as usual in Bryce. Rendered in Bryce. Logo added in Photoshop.

jpg
    jpg
    CruiserCrossfire.jpg
    CruiserCrossfire.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 729K
    CruiserCrossCustALT.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 694K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

I finally fixed the wheel problem I was having on the 1930 Ford Coupe model I had downloaded from gta inside, at first I couldn't get the wheels that came with the car to work at all, (that was probably before Mus showed me where to get TXD workshop!), so I ended up fixing things up in such a way that it worked for awhile, however, I was never happy with the wheels on that particular car, the car itself is fine, and once I had a way of opening the TXD file, I was able to use many of the material files that the car simply needed, and this one screamed "RATROD" all the way, as far as body colors go, I didn't change anything from when I used this model before, and the textures as well as the original shaders I used work equally well in 3DLight as well as in Iray, but the wheels always drove me nuts, until I started using something I had bought off of Rendo several months ago, the wheels I got from Nationale7, its a variety of different wheels to be used on different types of cars, and this set just worked so well, and certainly added to the look of this 30 Ford.

Ratrod Girl.jpg
    1511 x 698 - 531K

And here is another one, the 29 Model A Ford coupe, originally made stock and is available at the 3D Warehouse, is really a very nice model to work with, a good detailed mesh to start with, and the car can look great in various scenes, especially in renders depicting depression era scenes, the car can be made into a really nice hotrod as well, I put in a Flathead V8, (also available at the Warehouse), and again, used Nationale7's wheels, the car was completed in this render with Tom2099's fantastic car shaders, and the car makes a very convincing Model A Hotrod!

Little Red Rod.jpg
    1511 x 698 - 365K
    GLWoodard said:

And here is another one, the 29 Model A Ford coupe, originally made stock and is available at the 3D Warehouse, is really a very nice model to work with, a good detailed mesh to start with, and the car can look great in various scenes, especially in renders depicting depression era scenes, the car can be made into a really nice hotrod as well, I put in a Flathead V8, (also available at the Warehouse), and again, used Nationale7's wheels, the car was completed in this render with Tom2099's fantastic car shaders, and the car makes a very convincing Model A Hotrod!

..that's really nice.

This discussion has been closed.