CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK IV

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited December 1969

...hmm love that "new car thread" smell.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

To my knowledge, I believe this is the only continuous thread for a single subject that I have seen under the Art Studio tab.

Love those shaders tomtom.

Hotrod_1.jpg
    1540 x 702 - 764K
    Hotrod.jpg
    1540 x 702 - 765K
  • tomtom.wtomtom.w Posts: 138
    edited June 2015

betsy662 said:
    To my knowledge, I believe this is the only continuous thread for a single subject that I have seen under the Art Studio tab.

Love those shaders tomtom.

The picture shows all Iray shader presets that will be included in the pack that I will soon upload to my page on DeviantArt. The new pack will replace packs #1 and #2, and include everything that is in them plus about 60 new car paint shaders, 23 leather shaders suitable for car interiors and two rubber shaders (matte black and shiny white), plus a few new metal shaders (metallic/unworked gold plus two brass shaders). For a total of 124 shader presets.

And the new pack will of course be free, just like the previous packs.

(Most of he new car paint shaders are reproductions of authentic exterior paint colours from the 1950s from Cadillac, Chevrolet and Ford, plus all exterior paint colours that the 1965 Shelby Cobra was offered in. All of them as close to the original colours as my sources allow me to make them...)

UPDATE: The shader pack is now available for free download at my page at DeviantArt (direct link: http://fav.me/d8x9za1) . If you get error messages or other problems with the shader presets, please let me know ASAP. They've been thoroughly tested so there should be no problems, but you never know...

shadermegapack_take3.jpg
    1920 x 960 - 396K
    Post edited by tomtom.w on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Thank you Daz for caring over my car thread. This is version IV. That's a lot of cars and bikes folks.

Thanks for the shaders Tom...question...will these work for Daz 4.6 and/or Daz 3.0?

Here is a drag strip I converted from Sketchup. The lights I made myself.

Dragstrip1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 171K
    Draglight1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 58K
    Dragstrip3Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 234K
    Dragstrip2Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 273K
    edited June 2015

music2u4u said:

Thanks for the shaders Tom...question...will these work for Daz 4.6 and/or Daz 3.0?

The shaders are Iray-specific and will only work in the DAZ version of Nvidia Iray (which is currently only available in DAZ Studio 4.8 and various betas also using Iray), and I have no intention of making shader presets for 3Delight since I have no interest in that renderer. If anyone wants to "convert" them to 3Delight, Octane, Luxrender or any other renderer, using the colour values and other settings in the presets as a base for it, he/she is of course free to do so.

UPDATE: The shader pack is available for free download now at my page at DeviantArt (direct link: http://fav.me/d8x9za1) . If you get error messages or other problems with the shader presets, please let me know ASAP. They've been thoroughly tested so there should be no problems, but you never know...

Post edited by tomtom.w on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,282
    edited December 1969

My Drag strip props are up at Rosity
    http://renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=75379
    Tried for three days to load to sharecg with no luck

edited December 1969

...cool. (extra superfoulous text so that I can actually post this response)

edited December 1969

Cool, I'll have to download tomorrow, as my other comp is busy with a render at the moment.

edited December 1969

Here are a few I been busy with.

55_Olds_1.jpg
    1540 x 702 - 712K
    55_Olds.jpg
    1540 x 702 - 595K
    57_Bel_Air_2.jpg
    1540 x 702 - 867K
    57_Bel_Air_1.jpg
    1540 x 702 - 975K
    Virtual_Bettie_of_the_Month_June_15_0.jpg
    1522 x 682 - 822K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited June 2015

Here's another Pic of Tommie and her Li'l Tonka along with Cyberpunk 2020 stats for this monster. While working on this piece I noticed a very odd discrepancy in the model—the wheels weren't circular. They were elliptical. Whoever had mode the original mesh didn't make sure the wheels were perfectly round. It was a relatively easy fix, however. So, without further adieu,

Tommie’s Li’l Tonka: Custom Built Ford F-150 Super Crew Monster Truck.

This behemouth was lovingly built from the ground up by young Tommie Jean Davis during her free time over the course of several months. Starting with a junker Ford F-150 Super Crew 4x4 pickup, she reenforced the frame, added a roll cage, threw in a supercharged V8 Diesel engine tweeked for both added horsepower and fuel efficiency (20 mpg), then decked this beast out with huge 54” tires and 24” Solid Axle Conversion lift, roof mounted fog lights, a 30 gallon fuel tank, leather interior, front bucket and rear bench seats which combined can seat four to five large adults comfortably, slamming paint job, and personalized plates.

Top Speed: 282 mph ACC/DEC: 15 mph/40 mph
    Crew: 1 (Bod 8 or Bod 10) Range: 1000 km/600 miles
    Passnegers: 4 (Bod 8) or 3 (Bod 10) Cargo: 3 spaces (1400 kg)
    Maneuver: -2 Body SDP: 112 (Body 5)
    SP: 40 (Armor 2) Type: Pickup
    Wheels/Treads SDP: 20/40 each (Body 1/2) Wheels/Treads SP: 40 (Armor 2)
    Mass: 3.96 Tons Cost: $195,200*

Special Equipment: Fully Off Road Capable with Supersized heavily treaded tires (no speed loss off-road), Supercharged engine, desert and arctic protection, Stereo, Anti-theft, Spotlights (500m), Design/Decor (+3 COOL), sensor/communications system (Navigation system, Light ampliphiers, diagnistics, military grade radar dectector, military grade radar (40km), 500km range radio)

Y'all Think Ya Can Handle Her?

Yall-Think-Ya-Can-Handle-Her-(small).jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 589K
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited June 2015

...nice, so how doers she get into it?

Now my "Ragin Cajun" Hurricane Hannah's 10 year old old F-350 Crew Cab Lariat (Shadowrun) may have looked like a beater, but the drive train and engine were sound, it had enhanced handling, acceleration, a heavy duty power winch, and a canopy, that enclosed "the "bed of useful items". Basically when we needed something like say a stepladder, rope, length of chain, moving blankets, standard tools, etc, the GM would have me roll on it to see If Hannah just happened to have what was needed in the bed of the truck. No firearms or special gear, just common items one would usually find in the back of an old pickup.

I'll have to see if I can find a model of one as do it up right.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2015

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...nice, so how doers she get into it?
    My mom asked me the same question. The simple answer would be that she climbs up the tires, though how well that would actually work is dubious at best. I wish I could rig this beast so it had opening doors, turning wheels and such.

Now my "Ragin Cajun" Hurricane Hannah's 10 year old old F-350 Crew Cab Lariat (Shadowrun) may have looked like a beater, but the drive train and engine were sound, it had enhanced handling, acceleration, a heavy duty power winch, and a canopy, that enclosed "the "bed of useful items". Basically when we needed something like say a stepladder, rope, length of chain, moving blankets, standard tools, etc, the GM would have me roll on it to see If Hannah just happened to have what was needed in the bed of the truck. No firearms or special gear, just common items one would usually find in the back of an old pickup.

I'll have to see if I can find a model of one as do it up right.

Yeah, Tommie's a bit like that too. She always has at least one tool on her at all times.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

...well you could give her a bit of skill in gymnastics. Running jump and flip to the step bar up to the door and in all in one move.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well you could give her a bit of skill in gymnastics. Running jump and flip to the step bar up to the door and in all in one move.
    Nah. More likely, she climbs up the front tire to open the door, then climbs back down and boosts herself up via the step ledge. It would probably look very silly. But, then again, that would totally fit Tommie.
    edited December 1969

Back when I was twisting wrenches for a living we had a little gal come into the shop driving a Jeep that sat about six and a half feet high at the floor pans she was wearing an extremely short skirt ,she jumped down from the Jeep and came in and wanted to know if we could do a wheel alignment we couldn't as we couldn't mount the heads on the rims that were on that thing so she went to leave and being the curious lot we wanted to see how she was going to get back up into it.That's when it got interesting as she walked up to it looked around and started to lift a leg and of course short skirt starts climbing for the sky she stopped then tried the other leg with the same obvious result so back down the leg comes she must have stood there looking at that thing for five minutes before she reached up grabbed the kick panel with one hand the seat with the other and jumped as high as she could needless to say it was a traffic stopper of a show as we were located on the service road of HYW 183 there in Austin and it was midday on a Friday
    We all wondered just what she was thinking when she first got in the thing found out from her boyfriend that where they lived it sat parked next to deck that let them just step in also that that was her first and according to her last time for the Jeep

edited December 1969

Yeah. That sounds about right. :lol:

edited December 1969

The 'Prince', i.e. a Jaguar Mk II clone.

Jaguar_Mk_II_-_Tropic_Green_Firemist_metallic_03_-_1920x1080.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

tomtom.w said:

Nice

edited December 1969

Yes, the Limousine Prince, available from DAZ. I have that one and all of the extra texture options as well, looks really good with the Iray shaders, I really like those shaders too, unfortunately, the comp I use for DS isn't a high end comp, and doesn't have but a built in graphics card, and my gaming pc is just too full right now,

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Yes, the Limousine Prince, available from DAZ. I have that one and all of the extra texture options as well, looks really good with the Iray shaders, I really like those shaders too, unfortunately, the comp I use for DS isn't a high end comp, and doesn't have but a built in graphics card, and my gaming pc is just too full right now,

Here are two more of the Prince with some of my Iray shaders. The paint and leather shaders in these renders are new shaders that will be included ina future pack, which will of course also be free.

I had to save them as jpg-files in a reasonable size in order to be able to upload them here, because my original png-files were too big...

Jaguar_Mk_II_-_Tropic_Green_Firemist_metallic_02c.jpg
    1920 x 1280 - 312K
    Jaguar_Mk_II_-_Tropic_Green_Firemist_metallic_01c.jpg
    1920 x 1280 - 316K
    edited December 1969

Very nice drag racing stuff there Robert!

Staging.jpg
    1522 x 682 - 612K
    edited December 1969

Poncho Girl!

Poncho_Girl.jpg
    1522 x 682 - 870K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Very nice drag racing stuff there Robert!

Thank You
    Glad to see it in use
    I'm going to do a finish line clock here shortly
    edited December 1969

A 1947 Maserati A6GCS, aka "Sportscar Meteor 1947".

Sportscar_Meteor_1947_(Maserati_clone)_06_-_smaller_file.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 364K
    edited December 1969

tomtom.w said:

Dang that looks so real...nice work.

:-)

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Poncho Girl!

Gotta luv that 66 Bonnie!

:-)

edited December 1969

Nice Old Hudson!

Nice_Old_Hudson.jpg
    1522 x 682 - 884K
    edited December 1969

Paint shaders are by tomtom.w and the chrome is from Metal and Gemstone shaders for Iray by DAZ.

1954.jpg
    1511 x 699 - 450K
    edited December 1969

Bugarty!

Bugarty.jpg
    1511 x 699 - 190K
    edited December 1969

Nice pic
    My drag strip finish line is almost done but on hold due to sad situation here
    I found my cousin had passed away sometime between 0330 and 0830 last Friday morning
    I talked to him around 3 and when I got up and went tell him I was going to run the errands he was unresponsive
    Medics said he had been dead about 3 hours

This discussion has been closed.