CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK IV

Comments

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited October 2015

I know this has been asked before but I don't remember if we ever got and answer so I'm going to try again. When importing a .dff file in ZModeler and exporting it as an .obj file, I get material file names as shown in the image on the right. When importing a .dff file in Blender and exporting as an obj file, I get material file names as shown on the left. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to get Blender to keep and export the material file names from the .dff file as shown in the ZModeler export on the right. I asked this question in the Blender forum on Rosity but the moderator decided it was inappropriate, sent me an email about it, and deleted the post. I hope someone has a solution to this problem. Thanks.

MaterialNames.jpg
    536 x 390 - 60K
    Post edited by Cherokee on
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335

I use the TXD Workshop, that will always open the TXD file, then I export them as png's, usually into the file I have just loaded all of the various car parts.

GLWoodard said:

I use the TXD Workshop, that will always open the TXD file, then I export them as png's, usually into the file I have just loaded all of the various car parts.

I use TXD too but the problem isn't with the texture files themselves but with the names Blender exports for the material files. Why can't it export material names th eway ZModeler does. Those names are in the .dff files but it seems Blender ignores them and just uses MAT_ names instead.

I don't do the texturing in Blender myself, I actually all that in DAZ Studio, TXD will also export the files with their real names as well.

GLWoodard said:

I don't do the texturing in Blender myself, I actually all that in DAZ Studio, TXD will also export the files with their real names as well.

I know all about that. My problem is with Blender and the way it names the material files. Looks at the image in my post again.... ZModeler naming material files on the right and the way Blender names those same files on left. It's not the texture files that's the problem but the way Blender names the texture zones in the model when exported as an obj file.

Okay, now I see what your saying, if you initially open the car in Blender, I know it works differently than if you open it first in Z Modeler, I don't have Z Modeler, so mine doesn't come out that way, and to this day, I still can't open a locked model! When I open the surfaces tab in DS, it shows a bunch of files starting with the letter G, or g, it never displays even the car name, so I get to play a guessing game!

1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

I found this car on gtaall.com but it was for GTA IV but I decided to download it anyway just to see if it would open in ZModeler. Opened ZModeler, went to Import, selected the car, and the "Import" button wasn't greyed out so I clicked it and it opened. Needless to say I almost had to go change my pants...LOL. Even tho it was set up as a police car, I deleted all to police acessories. I also used the headlight glass from a 1971 Superbee because the headlight glass was actually modeled. I changed to stock wheels on the Fiarlane to Cragar spokes tha tI had gotton off Turbosquid a few years ago. There weren't many of these made. The first eleven cars were painted in Ford's "Vintage Burgundy" while the remaining eighty-nine cars were painted "Wimbledon White" so I chase "Vintage Burgandy" for the color.

Rendered in Poser Pro 2012

1964 Fairlane Thunderbolt.jpg
    1147 x 877 - 192K
  • That came out real nice

That came out real nice

Thanks Robert.

There sure hasn't been much going on it this thread lately.

• Awfully quite 

I haven't had time to do anything other than deal with my late cousins estate

1966 Chevy II Nova SS

Another GTA IV file I found I could open in ZModeler. I was expecting to have to do alot of texturing because I have yet found a way to open a GTA IV .wtd texture file but I discovered I would have to texture anything. The person that modeled this car went so far as to model th eheadlights and ALL to emblems on the car. All that was need was coloring each emblem.

1966 Chevy II Nova SS.jpg
    1147 x 877 - 166K
  • Another good looking one

Another good looking one

Thanks Robert. I'm now working on a 1968 Dodge Dart Hemi. I have several more project cars to work on and I really don't know which I want to do after the Dart.

edited November 2015

A couple of 1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee's. OK, so I'm working this background to death. I found this parking lot during a search on the net and it look sto be a true 360 panaroma. I can't find a seam it it anywhere and it fits perfectly on Bagginsbill's Enviroment Sphere. Rendered in Poser Pro 2012.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee.jpg
    1147 x 877 - 211K
  • Nice Super Bees

Background's fine finding a really good one isn't easy

Everyone knew I would have to get the "Gas Station", thanks to First Bastion, who makes some very interesting scenes to say the least.

Hello Anybody Here.jpg
    1900 x 1069 - 341K
    Did Ya Check The Oil.jpg
    1900 x 1069 - 581K

And another one, just for kicks!

Whatta Ya Want From Me.jpg
    1900 x 1520 - 1M
    On The Road Again 0.jpg
    2200 x 1238 - 770K

And of course, I can't leave out Hotrod Hannah!

Hotrod Hannah.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 475K

1973 Oldsmobile Delta 88

I started following carface posts on GTAForums about this car and when he posted it for download, I grabbed it mainly because I use to have one (well, mine was a 1972 Delta 88) in the same color, Honey Beige with brown interior. I loved that car but traded it when the engine blew. Sure wish I still had it.

jpg
    jpg
    1973 Delta 88.jpg
    1973 Delta 88.jpg
    1147 x 877 - 126K

It is a nice Olds, nice to see another 4 door car out there, since most everyone wants muscle cars of course.

edited November 2015
    GLWoodard said:

It is a nice Olds, nice to see another 4 door car out there, since most everyone wants muscle cars of course.

It is indeed a nice Olds, wish I still had my ' 72. I've recently found a 1967 Impala 4 door so I'll be redoing the Metallicar at some point in the future.The pic I posted way back when was a 2 door and  it needs to be done right.

I take it the Olds isn't for San Andreas is it? I would imagine the 67 Impala isn't either, these are just too new.

GLWoodard said:

I take it the Olds isn't for San Andreas is it? I would imagine the 67 Impala isn't either, these are just too new.

Yeah it is and it's in dff and txd format. You can download it here https://vk.com/putsmax

And the 1967 4 door Impala is here http://www.gtaall.com/gta-san-andreas/cars/44277-chevrolet-impala-1967-supernatural.html

Cherokee said:
    GLWoodard said:

Yeah it is and it's in dff and txd format. You can download it here https://vk.com/putsmax

And the 1967 4 door Impala is here http://www.gtaall.com/gta-san-andreas/cars/44277-chevrolet-impala-1967-supernatural.html

Oh, okay, thanks, I was assuming since you had been working with some GTA4 cars, which I can't open, these were some more of those, thanks, found a couple others there too that might work.

GLWoodard said:
    Cherokee said:
    GLWoodard said:

Oh, okay, thanks, I was assuming since you had been working with some GTA4 cars, which I can't open, these were some more of those, thanks, found a couple others there too that might work.

I've found a few GTA IV cars that open in ZModeler but there aren't any textures because I haven't found anything that will open GTA IV texture files so any texturing, I have to do myself.

Cherokee said:
    GLWoodard said:
    Cherokee said:
    GLWoodard said:

I've found a few GTA IV cars that open in ZModeler but there aren't any textures because I haven't found anything that will open GTA IV texture files so any texturing, I have to do myself.

I imagine as the game goes to GTA 7,8,9 and so on, then the files for GTA 4 and 5 will become more available to everyone, I like that little 64 Fairlane with the Thunderbolt hood on it.

edited November 2015

Found this one, finally nice to have a decent 64 Impala.

64 Impala 1.jpg
    1026 x 577 - 540K
    Post edited by GLWoodard on
    GLWoodard said:

I had gotten that one too. It is nice for sure. I do wish someone would do a 1964 Impala 4 door sports coupe so I can do a render of it to match the one I have that belonged to my grandfather.

Cherokee said:
    GLWoodard said:

I had gotten that one too. It is nice for sure. I do wish someone would do a 1964 Impala 4 door sports coupe so I can do a render of it to match the one I have that belonged to my grandfather.

It is a beautiful mesh to work with, I'm going to put some Crager mags on it, that will make it even better! The fourdoor sports coupe, that would be nice, that would be nice, but then, I guess we can't expect every cool car to be made.

This discussion has been closed.