• ExpozuresExpozures Posts: 214
    edited March 2023

Another one I made a few weeks ago.

Kristen Dragon.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 217K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited March 2023

When your little everything appears big and scary, especially the Big Scary Stairs in a strange place.

Sorry real world work has kept me MIA, here one i did tonight

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,327
    edited April 2023

Apparently I haven't completely abused a vendor's product for a few weeks, so here's me putting Sue Yee's new Bikini on a body type it wasn't designed for.

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260

Good job

Perhaps a slightly lesser abuse of a product!

Super Dog Costume converted into part of a centaur winter outfit (most of the rest of which is Winter Clothing for G8F):

Gallery Link

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited April 2023

:)

dftpojq-b4d58761-beab-4c2f-8cc9-cb11aeb21193.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    dfoazpg-7e9a23fe-59c6-4313-a80e-94d3f535e235.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    dfcwdiq-cee52b5d-28f4-470a-9430-dcc2a9b633a0.jpg
    1860 x 950 - 235K
    Post edited by Bobvan on

I've been a bit short of ideas of late, but I'm going to try to do some stuff with my LGBTQ cast over Pride Month.

~~~~~

While she's living as trans for several years (and has been on puberty blockers for the last couple), Kristin's only recently started using breast prostheses, so there's a bit to get used to.

Gallery Link

And to offset the last one being all deep and sensible, here's a centaur at a rave:

Gallery Link

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited June 2023

For this one I had to use a lot of shaders. The character used Shiina as a base with others dialed in different percentages. I used the Sophia skirt and fit control to lengthen the skirt and mesh grabber to tuck in the shirt. I used a silk shader over the scarf. The couch, plush, and sign are from the Live Streamer room while the room is PX Dance Studio with Brickworx used on the wall and the floor is from Make Me Punk shaders after a lot of tweaking. I also heavily tweaked the petticoat from the Candy Magic Dream Outfit so the skirt would fit. I made the couch red to keep it from blending too much with her skirt. I don't have the saddleshoes yet so I used tassel shoes from Mary Janes and Tassel Shoes. The belt is from Modern Romantic 

For this one I used a wind node and didn't use the petticoat yet. The lights are iradiance meshlights and the studio's lights were turned off to keep from overlighting. I really love this frilly shirt and wish we had more of them too

Post edited by BandoriFan on
  • BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

I really like these characters I customized. I used the timeline for dForce. Sorry if they look stiff I'm using them as drawing references 

Someone on the Daz3D Slackers Discord said their birthday was coming up...

...and my first thought was to have one of my characters doing the whole "Happy Birthday, Mister President" thing, but that would mean I had the hard choice of picking someone less crass than having Kim Kardashian wear the dress.

So, anyway, I put it on a horse.

Gallery Link

(Continuing my habit of dressing up centaurs. In this case, the dress is custom made, with the rhinestones placed by Ultrascatter)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,308

Daz Studio 4.16 iray render using rendered bloom.

That time the Dragonborn was a horse.

(I took the Dragonsbane outfit for G3M and - as I am wont to do, I decided it'd be funny to convert to Centaur, along with pieces of the Kadis and Cypruss sets).

Gallery Link

Unfortunately, David Hasslehoof wasn't available.

Gallery Link

This is one of my two entries for Renderosity's 3rd Annual Swimsuit contest, featuring my custom made swimsuit for Centaur 8 Female. (And I think I can reasonably claim that I'm one of the few people who made all the swimsuits they used for their entries).

I don't think the rules here will let me link to the contest directly, but if you do think it'd be hilarious to have a horse win a swimsuit contest, this is entry #307. (#310 is my other entry, and you get five votes total, so vote for both if you like them).

On the Daz3D Slackers Discord server last night, Amaranth mentioned that she was short of product testers, so I helpfully volunteered myself to test how well her products would fit horses:

Febe Outfit (which she made the mistake of telling me was originally started as a centaur set, but changed part way through, so obviously I had to start with this one):

Gallery Link

Joliette Outfit

Gallery Link

Emissary Outfit

Gallery Link

I'm not sure I got the job, but go and buy her stuff anyway.

I've rendered some pretty stupid things in the past, but I think I'm setting new standards with this one:

Gallery Link

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited August 2023

I was testing the Attic Bedroom and didn't like the lights so I started changing them and one thing led to another :)

Nature Watch

Total Rendering Time: 1 hours 46 minutes 35.52 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited October 2023

Bit of a batch, as I don't seem to have uploaded much to the gallery here in a while:

~~~~~

Wet Floor

Wet tiles aren't fun with hooves.

Gallery Link

~~~~~

Illusions

The tuition of magic as a subject is a little different to any subject encountered in a conventional classroom.

Most beings in Veil have magical potential, but it is in a similar way to the way that most people have the potential to play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata or run a triathlon. Contrary to the perception it might have in human popular culture, magic is seldom an easy solution to a problem.

Using magic requires constant energy and direction, which makes it difficult to master, and it is therefore ultimately something that many students are not expected to pursue to a high level. However, like with other school subjects, it is important to embed the base skills at a young age while the brain has the right neuroplasticity.

Despite in many ways being similar to art or music, in that it has a practical skill-based element in actually manifesting it, it is typical for casting to be taught within science labs for two main reasons - for the first, it is generally understood to be an extension of the field of quantum mechanics, manipulating quantum probabilities to create effects that would not naturally occur on their own. For the second, it can be mildly hazardous, and is best practiced in a room designed to be somewhat fireproof. That said, in practice a novice caster probably can't generate enough energy to do serious damage (in the same way as you wouldn't trust younger students with the nastier chemicals in a science lesson) and for riskier practice suppression cages can be used - these arcane technomagical devices can mitigate a certain level of magic surge.

Some may then take their casting to higher levels, studying it at levels beyond minor glamours and manipulations, but at the base level magic ultimately forms just part of a broad curriculum alongside subjects such as maths and history that would seem familiar to any student.

Gallery Link

~~~~~

Basic Underwear

This isn't strictly IH Kang's H&C Basic Underwear set, but it is based on it. The original set is one I've come back to a lot; I have a number of teen characters in my cast - and despite a lot of underwear sets on the store, very few of them are appropriate when you need to dress a younger age group.

As such, I've used this set enough that it was worth using as a base to build my own version of. I started by retopologising the mesh, creating a new geometry that replaced the original. This adds dForce compatibility, cleans up the original poly flow, draws in new surface boundaries and also provides (optional) scalloped edging to allow more variation. The new surface zones made it easier to add in new texture details to the front; the closest reference I could find on clothing stores had the front made out of three pieces rather than one, so I updated the stitching, bump maps and displacement to more closely follow that design.

While it's only so often that I actually need these assets for more than just dressing character presets, it's still a welcome update.

This was a fairly quick test after I'd updated the model, featuring Molly and Kristin.

[Image removed by Moderator]

~~~~~

Tangwen

It's not entirely clear whether Emma, already more than a millennia into her now immortal lifespan, deliberately misinterpreted the order to "take out the dragon", or whether she just thought it was funny.

Either way, she ended up dating Tangwen for a few decades around the start of the Renaissance.

Gallery Link

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited October 2023

...OK not a full scene but think I finally have go Leela transferred to G8 the way I hoped  Never thought I have this much difficulty transferring her to a new generation even though the basic body mesh is pretty much the same. 

Took a little over 2 min to render. on my trusty old Titan-X.

Leela 8 shy final.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 389K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

Messing about with a lighting HDRI by turning the dome :)

2023-10-13 20:57:01.240 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 20 minutes 9.71 seconds

Environment 0

2023-10-14 08:05:45.371 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 21 minutes 28.73 seconds

Environment 90.00 degrees

2023-10-14 12:04:37.557 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 16 minutes 27.66 seconds

Environment 300

2023-10-14 13:40:28.512 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 16 minutes 45.58 seconds

Environment 330

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,789
    edited October 2023

I have a HiRes version of it, that will go for a print, that I can put in a frame.

NightTrainHome_BW LR.jpg
    1419 x 1823 - 2M
    Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • iDiruiDiru Posts: 696

this is my latest but not my best

A Video for Halloween

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...nice, I like the aurora.

kyoto kid said:

...nice, I like the aurora.

That is from Particle Illusion and added in Vegas Pro 20.0.

Rendered for the "Daz3D Slackers" Discord's weekly challenge, on the prompt of "Say What?".

I decided I hadn't done any of my trademark excessively complicated dForce in a while, so I decided it was time to have fun with the genre of mythological creatures having mundane problems they should never have had in the first place.

Gallery Link

Continuing on the theme of putting silly clothes on centaurs, this time we have the Highlands Gown for G9. I got it in my head that it would be funny to do a centaur dress as if it were an extremely long bustle, and no-one's yet taken away my Blender licence, so that's what happened.

Gallery Link

Also, because I've done far too much centaur stuff lately, some succubus instead:

Gallery Link

• David RDavid R Posts: 209
    edited January 20

Post edited by David R on