Comments

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2022

Wanna play?

Gallerie

xmasrose_22_vArtic Warloc Jo YooA-logo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 686K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • Decided to throw together 4 characters and see how long it took to render. Surprisingly, it only took 4 min. 32 sec. to reach 100%. surprise The attached image below was shrunk down 50% of the original. I used the Maui HDRI Background and I had the headlamp on the camera set at 0.70.

Group4G8F-1c1S.jpg
    2435 x 1853 - 917K
  • madcat_8madcat_8 Posts: 0

Hello all

First time posting here, but I thought I'd throw out my recent render for feedback and such.
    I'm trying to muck around with settings to remove the graininess on the skin, but for now I'm happy enough with this, although I'm tempted to try and create/ add some form of glow from the nebula to see if that'll help make the girls pop more [another thing for me to look into 'how to do'].

Many thanks for your time, I hope you like =)

Space Kiss.png
    2000 x 1538 - 6M
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,333

Go Green:

Done for the Daz Slackers weekly challenge on the theme of "Go Green". (It was St Patrick's Day last week)

The leaps in computing and robotics technology that lead to the development of sapient and embodied AIs has had some knock-on effects, although not as large as futurists had hoped or anticipated; many industrialists positioned themselves to resist changes that would have devalued their industries, and AIs remain a small sub-sect of society who have to tiptoe around those who court more traditional viewpoints.

One area in which progress was made was in the proliferation of electric vehicles, benefitting from the development of newer and more advanced battery technologies; as of 2018, fully electric vehicles have become the most common "fuel" type for newly registered vehicles in the UK (outselling petrol, diesel, and various hybrid vehicles combined), although the large number of existing combustion engined vehicles already on the road mean it will still be a good many more years before they become a majority of vehicles in actual use.

One problem that's some way from being solved is the uncanny ability for any power cord to inevitably become caught on something.

Gallery Link

~~~~~

Kettle:

I only pick the most thrilling of render subjects.

Gallery Link

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,220

Here's one I'm reworking. Didn't like how the pose of the right hand, adding DOF, and changing the position of the camera.

"Real Magic"

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Items Used:Daz 3D 

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

madcat_8 said:

Hello all

First time posting here, but I thought I'd throw out my recent render for feedback and such.
    I'm trying to muck around with settings to remove the graininess on the skin, but for now I'm happy enough with this, although I'm tempted to try and create/ add some form of glow from the nebula to see if that'll help make the girls pop more [another thing for me to look into 'how to do'].

Many thanks for your time, I hope you like =)

Aww it's cute! For glow you want to go into filtering and keep adjusting up the bloom filter threshhold. The higher it is the more glow it reduces. I'd also use a mesh light or spotlight directly in front of their lips but zoom out and above so the light comes from above while illuminating their faces. For the spotlight add 1,500,000 lumens then adjust down as needed

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited March 2022

I'm doing some shader experiments with vehicles I found. To Edi I added a plastic cyborg shader then added a light pink from Ultra Shaders: Sci-Fi Shaders. I also adjusted its lights. The spaceship also used shaders from both sets although I changed the wings to one color.

The Torus is a mesh light I made myself with different bloom settings. I made the texture in Clip Studio so the light itself is all white so the purple is all Daz 

Torus Light 1 Resized.png
    1800 x 1200 - 509K
    Torus Light 2.png
    1800 x 1200 - 2M
    Edi Resized.png
    1800 x 1200 - 1M
    Edi Resized 2.png
    1800 x 1200 - 2M
    Spaceship 5 Resized.png
    1800 x 1200 - 1M
    Spaceship 2.png
    3600 x 2400 - 7M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,220

Sci-fi fighter looks awesome

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

Something fun to watch

Animated short created and rendered with daz studio click to play./ best viewed in 1080hd

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Ivy
    Very nice!  And very natural looking skating animation!

Chumly said:

Ivy
    Very nice!  And very natural looking skating animation!

Thank you very much 

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2022

Great video @Ivy

Young woman    

gallery here

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

@xmasrose

Thank you. and I love your image very personable

• crush0369crush0369 Posts: 21
    edited March 2022

Been working on my renders. My 5th render so far. I uploaded one a few days ago and got some good feedback and tried it again. Still a long way to go but getting better. Still trying to figure out all the settings, lights, DOF/camera, etc

https://i.postimg.cc/Qdd2ryFJ/Amira-test-render.png

Feedback is appreciated. What can I improve?

Character is Amira (G8F) by bluejaunte (daz3d)
    Portrait Camera DOF by Cherubit
    HDRI Light 17 R from PRO-Studio HDR Lighting System by Colm Jackson(daz3d)
    Vicky Hair by Kool (Daz3d)
    PC Basic Hoop Ear 5 Left n Right from Piercing Collection for G8F(daz3d)
    04 PointLight Left Rim from Express HDRI Lights Vol 2 by PaperTiger
    Expressions:
     Smile Full Face HD 10%
     PTF DTE Content 20%
     PTF DTE Mischievous 10%

05000 iterations after 705.878s

Hardware:
     I7-9750 @2.60Ghz
     NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 with Max-Q Design
     16GB Memory

Amira test render.png
    889 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by crush0369 on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

DS 4.10  GTX980  17 mins

Mothers

It was Mother's Day in the UK, so I decided to do something maternally themed. (The UK has Mother's Day on the fourth Sunday in Lent, in contrast to it being the second Sunday in May in many other countries).

In any case, I've not put Athena's mother Alice in a render for a while, so here she is being picked up by her daughter. And while Sarah has been in renders more recently, you also get Molly doing a much worse job of trying to pick her mother up.

Gallery Link

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 624
    edited March 2022

A Victorian Moment...

Character is Noemi from bluejaunte ( Noemi HD & Smile HD Expression for Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D )

The outfit is dForce Evaline Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females | Daz 3D.

The pond and terrain is a homebrew thing I've been working on with Mesh Grabber.

All effects are "in camera", so to speak.  No post work.

A Victorian Moment - 01.png
    1800 x 2300 - 6M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812

Olo_Ordinaire,

Very beautiful! Somehow I easily fall for the Edwardian/Victorian attire. I can imagine a big soft box to her left. If I may may a suggestion ... with the catch light in her eyes and the dab of highlight on her nose, maybe a little gloss on the lip goes well too.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Olo_Ordinaire said:

A Victorian Moment...

Character is Noemi from bluejaunte ( Noemi HD & Smile HD Expression for Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D )

The pond and terrain is a homebrew thing I've been working on with Mesh Grabber.

• csaa said:

Olo_Ordinaire,

Very beautiful! Somehow I easily fall for the Edwardian/Victorian attire. I can imagine a big soft box to her left. If I may may a suggestion ... with the catch light in her eyes and the dab of highlight on her nose, maybe a little gloss on the lip goes well too.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Olo_Ordinaire said:

A Victorian Moment...

Thanks, csaa!   I have an emissive plane with some blurry pastel color patches on it that I use for fill in a lot of my renders.  That's the soft light coming from camera-right.

I wanted to keep the makeup really understated, to try and keep it looking plausible for the 1800s.  That said, I dithered about the lip color and gloss a little bit, as you mentioned.  I finally just decided to use the most subtle lip color in the character's makeup -- one 'tick' more saturated than the default no-makeup option.

• cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 433
    edited March 2022

I made a cautics test in 4.16 beta. All samples rendered for 10 mins.

Default (guided sampling = off, caustics = off)

The usual render with no bounced light detail and flat / wrong caustic effects.

Guided (guided sampling = on, caustics = off)

Already better. Bounced light from the gold surfaces is now visible and caustic effects start to appear.
    Unfortunately guided sampling struggles with cleaning the caustics area. After 10 mins it is still noisy.

Caustics (guided sampling = off, caustics = on)

Much better

I also tried guided plus caustics but got the same result as with guided = off.

001_default_10min.png
    650 x 569 - 613K
    001_guided_10min.png
    650 x 569 - 646K
    001_caustics_10min.png
    650 x 569 - 634K
    Post edited by cgidesign on

Catching up with a few uploads:

Cabaret
    Done for the "Daz Slackers" Discord's weekly challenge on the theme of "Cabaret".
    After rejecting a couple of initial ideas, I decided to go with dressing one of my characters up as Jessica Rabbit, and Whisky was the most obvious choice of my cast.

Gallery Link

Folly
    Done for the Daz Slackers Discord's weekly challenge, on the theme of "April's Folly" (as that week was ending 1st April), and because it's a pretty loose prompt, I decided to just run with the "folly" part.
    So I ended up doing a scene with an architectural folly in the background as a follow-up to the Mother's Day render I did the week before, particularly as it gave me a chance to play with UltraScenery XT.

Gallery Link

Overlook
    I like doing complicated hug poses.

Gallery Link

Range

Mark and Molly spending some father/daughter time together.

Gallery Link

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,609
    edited April 2022

I posted this as a wip several times over the last few weeks when looking for help finding assets for the kitbash, so I fgured I'd post the finished piece here!

"Times Like These"

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

Nice work

• RonwaldRonwald Posts: 71

MelissaGT said:

I posted this as a wip several times over the last few weeks when looking for help finding assets for the kitbash, so I fgured I'd post the finished piece here!

"Times Like These"

Excellent image!  

Ronwald said:

MelissaGT said:

"Times Like These"

Excellent image!  

Thank you! 

Robert Freise said:

Nice work

Thank you! 

• TannimTannim Posts: 43
    edited April 2022

here's one I can actually post here ;) 

Post edited by Tannim on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited April 2022

Trying to find some way to use Mystic Gorge and this happened over a series of about 10 variations. 

You see this on your way to the castle. What do you do?

VT_Shhhhh_Troll_under_Bridge_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 465K
    Post edited by Gogger on

Following an extremely poorly spent evening, I seem to now have a workflow to fit G8F assets to the centaur.

Gallery Link