Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,889
    edited February 2023

New OOT Hair.
    Couldn't help it and had to fiddle around with it.
    ;-)

Back 2 The Sixties.jpg
    1292 x 1672 - 2M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,682
    edited February 2023

You ever have an idea for a render and then find out that you can't fully implement it due to complexity and PC resources. I really want to do more with this scene, but as is, it choked my 2080ti, LOL I guess I have to really dig into optimizing it more since I wanted to add more to the scene. Until then here is the test render

march.jpg
    1467 x 843 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • That's really amazing, @FSMCDesigns. smiley

• Calliope23 said:

That's really amazing, @FSMCDesigns. smiley

I agree with that statement  

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,082

Calliope23 said:

That's really amazing, @FSMCDesigns. smiley

Agreed.

I don't know how you made up the Troop but I would use instances and/or Billboards for the ones at the rear. That might cut down on the resources needed. 

Thanks all! I used instances quite a bit here. unfortunately the grass is what killed me. I tried several low poly models and none looked good, so went with a high poly one. Now I need to optimize textures and see how that helps. Having to optimize and take shortcuts really kills the creative aspect IMO. Time fort a new PC maybe, LOL

• csaacsaa Posts: 815

FSMCDesigns said:

You ever have an idea for a render and then find out that you can't fully implement it due to complexity and PC resources. I really want to do more with this scene, but as is, it choked my 2080ti, LOL I guess I have to really dig into optimizing it more since I wanted to add more to the scene. Until then here is the test render

FSMCDesigns,

Well done!

It's a unique concept. In the short time I've been hanging around the Daz world, I hardly see images evoking the American West. Very refreshing take you have here.

In fact, seeing horses seems a lot more rare in the Daz forum and gallery. So for me it was the first thing I paid attention to. If I can make a suggestion ... add variety to the horses, not so much in their textures but in their pose.  The riders' uniform is already ... uniform. Varying the horses pose would add a deft touch to that unbroken rhythm of blue. 

Also if you're in the area, the Briscoe museum in San Antonio TX is a great resource for this genre.

Hope to see more.

Cheers!

csaa said:

FSMCDesigns said:

FSMCDesigns,

Well done!

It's a unique concept. In the short time I've been hanging around the Daz world, I hardly see images evoking the American West. Very refreshing take you have here.

In fact, seeing horses seems a lot more rare in the Daz forum and gallery. So for me it was the first thing I paid attention to. If I can make a suggestion ... add variety to the horses, not so much in their textures but in their pose.  The riders' uniform is already ... uniform. Varying the horses pose would add a deft touch to that unbroken rhythm of blue. 

Also if you're in the area, the Briscoe museum in San Antonio TX is a great resource for this genre.

Hope to see more.

Cheers!

Thanks, it's appreciated. I like doing scenes like this and like the old west theme, but they are never that popular, so i rarely post them in galleries.

I agree on the feedback and unfortunately that is the major drawback to instances, every one is the same except for placement and scale. I used 4 instancing groups, each with a slightly different horse pose, horse texture and uniform to try to give it more variety. I want to add more variety in poses, a rattlesnake in the foreground, some circling buzzards and a wagon or two in the rear and maybe even a native american scout but I doubt my PC can handle it and I don't believe in rendering parts and then putting them together in photoshop

I am a native Texan (Dallas) and visit San Antonio often, will have to check out the Briscoe next time I am in town.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited February 2023

Out of the pen and Running free

Dang how he get out

Dang how he get out.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 322K
    Out of the pen and running free.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 330K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Maybe a dumb question, but why are there giant red balls in your renders?

edited February 2023

Its a prop of a horse toy that came with the set Iron horse pasture https://www.daz3d.com/iron-ridge-horse-pasture

I liked it I thought it made it look out of place , and it added a big red ball to the picture. laugh

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Oh, I guess it's called a "Yoga play ball".

I didn't know horses did yoga.

Taylor-S-Rose said:

Oh, I guess it's called a "Yoga play ball".

Me either but I thought it look cool in the render so I left it in laugh

• csaacsaa Posts: 815

Ivy said:

Taylor-S-Rose said:

Oh, I guess it's called a "Yoga play ball".

Me either but I thought it look cool in the render so I left it in laugh

"There's always the temptation to think that if something is worth doing, then it's probably worth over doing." Or something like that, which I read over the weekend. wink 

Cheers! 

• I've seen horses play with large balls like that 

• One of the few SFW renders I've done.

Motel Girl.jpg
    2500 x 2000 - 2M

Taylor-S-Rose said:

One of the few SFW renders I've done.

LOL, I can so relate to that! Every time I do a render that I really like and want to post here, I have to redo it with clothes on. LOL Nice work!

edited February 2023

Stork's of the orient panorama

Lots of fine details  best viewed full sized, 

Huge kit bash project. I am in love with Vdb lighting by kinderarts  https://www.daz3d.com/iray-light-volume-kit

Post edited by Ivy on

Holy crap Ivy!! That is stunning!! What did you use for the environment?

• Wow very nice work

edited February 2023

Thank you guys 

Oh Boy you would have to ask. But I 'll list everything. Lanscapes are my specialty wink

The render size is 3840 x 1440 rendered in Iray, it took  about 12 hours to put together in 2 days & better than 3 hours to render. and another hour in post op.   That why I mentioned you want to view it full size for all the details

I started by cheating with a curved mountain background pane as my base templete so I had something to scale my scene as I added stuff and darken it. I used #3 out of the set https://www.daz3d.com/mountainscapes-backdrops-volume-3

The water pane I used twice, once in the main scene and once in post work layer. it was from mountain Backdrop pane set. https://www.daz3d.com/mountainscapes-backdrops

All the mountains that have depth in the back ground and foreground to make the light shadow effects  I used the mountains from Kings pass  its pretty good as it was,  But I added and then parented a few nettle bushes from martin frosts and saved it a subset sceneso I could reload it 2 more times to the main scene to fake the mountain range.and then added a big oak tree by esha  between each sub scene to hide  where they come together, next scaled down everything to fit and made the trees darker. to make them look like a thicker forest cover & then I scaled everything to fit the first back ground pane templete . That kings pass set is very useful set i use it a lot in stuff.  light on resources too

I added just a few over grown Ferns, Kudzu and willow trees & bushes in the front part of the shore they were martin frosts stuff as well. I added them to the main scene & to make png render as a new layer to the shoreline. By this time my gpu was maxed out  So used a little post work in Photoshop to blend better things If you look close you can see the clone & the spot healing tool brush strokes where everything is put together.  the 3 Asian shacks were some Asian village props by AcharyaPolina I just stuck in there trying to break up the scene, i wasn't going to use them at first.  Also I used Ken Gillions "Storks" I got at renderosity

But what pulls it together for me is the Volume fog from knderedArts VDB Volumetric lighting set & I used the vignetting setting in the tone mapper at 2 which made the darken edges of the render, I think that made martin frost plants really pop out.

I wish I had a better graphic card its hard working with volume content with the rtx 2060,

But anyway here is the behind the scene look

Capture.JPG
    1821 x 766 - 135K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Wow, thanks for the info on how you set this up Ivy. Normally I wouldn't even consider a backdrop or billboard since I am kind of a 3D purest, but the results are pretty amazing!.I have seen those backdrop products and have always ignored them....till now, LOL. While I agree the volumetric fog looks great, it's the clarity and detail on the island to the right that stands out for me. How much is the Kings Pass island and how much is martin frost if you don't mind me asking.

Again, amazing work!

Last Chance

2023-03-05 10:13:21.596 Total Rendering Time: 20 minutes 26.83 seconds

Click on image for full size.

2023-03-05 13:57:17.643 Total Rendering Time: 17 minutes 32.47 seconds

Working with Red Crow Inn. The only figures in the scene are the dog, cat and rat the rest are billboards :)

2023-03-08 07:23:53.172 Total Rendering Time: 9 minutes 27.20 seconds

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,342

Nice work

Robert Freise said:

Nice work

Thank you. 

• Gordig said:

I've been on a real tear of rendering fantasy creatures, mostly based on Jada.

Four on the Floor

"Hey there, sailor. I've got what you need."

The Cure for Scurvy

Part of Your World

Podracing

not only is the punch line LOL... in the field of writing at least in st/f workshops one ot the oldest, tried and true bad examples of writing is "her breasts, like lemons, protruded demandingly".  

• still working on one of my big projects and have finished breaking it into multiple sections to render and then stack in PS. It's currently done at 6kx3k but will probably move it up to 10k x 5k as it gets more finished. 
    Even with just my titanX none of the sections take more the 5 minutes to render and I can update and improve a section at a time. 
    First image a "current" version of the composite and the second shows the color coded layers and the third how I do things like flip some of the layers (change direction of the train) or move buildings and still only do the short renders. 
    The cars are separate so I also move a better one in like the bus that has had the sides updated. 
    I still have to build my own barn and house for up on the hill. 
    The original base scenery is pretty hold so it needs to be redone with ultraScenery for daytime shots. 

23 hb base3-2-40per2.jpg
    2400 x 1200 - 1M
    23 hb base3-alt.jpg
    6000 x 3000 - 2M
    23 hb base3-alt-2.jpg
    6000 x 3000 - 1M
    bus new sides.jpg
    2045 x 1176 - 640K
  • xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2023

You said garden spider!!!!!!!

23_Sylvan spider-ecrasée-forum gallery.jpg