New Genesis, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

Kerya said:

barbult said:

The annoying "Added to Cart" popup is sillier than normal today. Why is the Skeleton marked as required for today's Code66 holiday gift? That is not what the product page says. This is just dumb but harmless, I guess, unless it tricks someone into buying that Skeleton for no valid reason.

I do have that Skeleton, which may be the reason it doesn't show up for me ...

Actually...

But the actual PA's product description details say:

"Santa's Normal Maker requires either the Daz To Unity plugin or Daz To Unreal plugin to be installed.
    It does not require Unity or Unreal, just one of those two bridge plugins."

The PA says nothing about a skeleton being required. It has to be just a stupid error. Daz makes a lot of those, you know. wink

Ah, yes. What the description says, what the requirements are, and what the features are, don't always agree.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,744
    edited December 2022

Cris Palomino said:

Wonderland said:

So I purchased something every day way over $2.00 for the last several days including yesterday's Josie bundle but if I put an item in my cart that is currently not on sale, I have 0 discount. The punches are no longer working. 

You may need to do a ticket as it is working for others so hard to troubleshoot. 

It seems it's not working for a number of people in this thread.

My sales page indicates I should get 10%, although I think I should be getting even more because I had 10% yesterday and I had made a purchase (over $2, not a gift card)

In reality I get no discount, see attachment.

I can put in a ticket and get the difference refunded but if it's not working for a number of people it might make sense for the store people to look into it.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 102506B.jpg
    1360 x 705 - 82K
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 268

Yeah, i've just sent in a ticket too. Looks like the correct price for Josie Mega w/ Daz+ and a new release should've been $57.32

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,001
    edited December 2022

So I purchased something every day way over $2.00 for the last several days including yesterday's Josie bundle but if I put an item in my cart that is currently not on sale, I have 0 discount. The punches are no longer working. 

The current punch card discount differs from BF/CM and only applies to holiday sale items, excluding "Today Only" offers, according to this bit:

"Loyalty discount only applies to items featured as part of the “2022 Holiday Sale.” Excludes Gift Cards, FastGrab items, Daz+ Memberships, and “Today Only” deals unless otherwise specified."
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • Kerya said:

barbult said:

The annoying "Added to Cart" popup is sillier than normal today. Why is the Skeleton marked as required for today's Code66 holiday gift? That is not what the product page says. This is just dumb but harmless, I guess, unless it tricks someone into buying that Skeleton for no valid reason.

I do have that Skeleton, which may be the reason it doesn't show up for me ...

I too have the Skeleton, & see it listed as Required Product. So came here to ask about that.

Also having an Add to Cart button as the ONLY link to the freebie product page still doesn't make sense. But I know nothing about web design.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695

I KNEW the prices were wrong a few days ago on the DAZ+ items! It was supposed to be 60% off for 3 PLUS a non-double punch (20% off) plus the 10% off for that day. I purchased several items anyway and today they are cheaper with just the plain 60% off without the other benefits! Should I re-buy those items and return the ones I purchased a couple of days ago or complain through a ticket. I've found they no longer reimburse you when prices go down a couple of days later even if the higher price was an error. Technically the price should have been even lower than today. Any suggestions from a mod? 

Also, is anyone getting any punches counted today? I've purchased qualifying items every day and for the first time am not getting a punch discount today on anything I tried,

edited December 2022

doubledeviant said:

The current punch card discount differs from BF/CM and only applies to holiday sale items, excluding "Today Only" offers, according to this bit:

"Loyalty discount only applies to items featured as part of the “2022 Holiday Sale.” Excludes Gift Cards, FastGrab items, Daz+ Memberships, and “Today Only” deals unless otherwise specified."

Ok...

These discounts are really hard to calculate. I still don't quite get it. And we know that the store frequently makes mistakes. But because the sales structure is so byzantine it's hard to even know if you're getting all the discounts that you're entitled to.

Not to be a pill, but I kind of hate this.

I request that DAZ simplify their sales structure by 20% for every day that I bought a DAZ Original (excluding New items and DAZ+ items), squared by the the number of days I bought a gift card over $2 at a discount of 15% or less, minus the number of times I sneezed while browsing PA items (excluding "Today Only" offers, unless otherwise noted).

Post edited by Hylas on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695

Wait, so this is different from the previous punch sale? Punches only work on items that are part of the new Holiday Sale (not everything in your cart) and NOT TODAY ONLY sales? So that means only NEW items that are over a day old? This is even more confusing than before! 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,001
    edited December 2022

Wait, so this is different from the previous punch sale? Punches only work on items that are part of the new Holiday Sale (not everything in your cart) and NOT TODAY ONLY sales? So that means only NEW items that are over a day old? This is even more confusing than before! 

If I understand correctly, aside from gift cards and memberships, the discount should apply to everything on the holiday sale page except "Today Only" offers, which are listed together at the top of page.
    today_only.png
    1080 x 2400 - 917K
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,006
    edited December 2022

BlueFingers said:

NorthOf45 said:

Hylas said:

smoke14 said:

card showed 10% yesterday (the free punch). Made a purchase (over $2 from the DAZ+ category on sale page) & today it still shows 10% when it should have gone up if I understand this correctly.

Came here to say the same thing; can someone explain how the punch card system works now? I feel like I should have more than 10% today because I had 10% yesterday and had made a purchase (over $2, not a gift card)

Also, yesterday the graphic showed 3 "holes", one of them filled out. The implication (as I see it) was that if you buy something daily for 3 days in a row, you would reach the maximum of 25% discount. Today the graphic looks different and it's confusing. Please clarify! Thank you!

I think yesterday was a bonus so that we all didn't start at zero again, but, yeah, I was expecting another step up... 

No, it looks like an error, I think folks who made an eligible purchase should be a step-up:

Otherwise it wouldn't be the first 10% in the message from yesterday. I think it's working in the cart though,...

I'm in the same situation. I got the first 10% punch from the orange banner yesterday and made a qualifying purchase as well. But I'm only at 10%. It suggests that punches aren't working for some (a lot?) users and the ones who have 10% have it from the bonus punch rather than the purchase.

Edit: I misread one of the posts, so correcting my own now.

Post edited by joanna on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

You have to admit that condusing sales are putting off customers. Maybe DAZ will learn that as well, some time.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

BlueFingers said:

"Holiday Grab Bag Items $3.99 each OR $2.99 each* when you buy any New Release over $5. *Items must be in cart simultaneously for discounts to apply. Cannot be used to discount items already owned." This is cleary not working in my cart though I meet the requirements as stated:

Marked the important part above as the sale seems to ask for A SINGLE NEW PRODUCT costing more than $ 5.- to work. And testing it confirmed it for me.

edited December 2022

Cris Palomino said:

Pax Asteriae said:

So far I've seen a 'Maximum of 25%', a 'Maximum of 35%' and my own, a 'Maximum of 20%.'

I don't know if I can be bothered if there's no chance I'll ever reach the same level of discount of others.

The image is basically explaining that your maximum will be 20% for this loyalty sale. This is how the loyalty sales normally go. 

How about this screenshot then?

Shows the orange banner I received on the 30th of November and as a message on my DAZland account on the same day. Explicitely mentioning 35% here...

So we got a "VIP Holiday Punch Card" with 35% max, a normal "Holiday Punch Card" with a max of 20% and maybe someone manages to show another message, talking about a "whatever it's called Holiday Punch Card" with 30% max...

Might be reason for a little bit of confusion, right?

Also the 35% is weird, as one get's 10% per punch, starting with already 10% base... where do those 5% come from, that make it 35%

Curioser and curioser would Alice say...

Screenshot_2.jpg
    744 x 497 - 66K
    Post edited by maikdecker on
  • BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 824
    edited December 2022

Yeah I'm out for now, this is to getting to confusing/complicated/etc to be fun, and I have no urgent requirements. And as the punch system is not working/very limited, it doesn't look like I'll be missing anything.

Post edited by BlueFingers on
  • maikdecker said:

Cris Palomino said:

Pax Asteriae said:

So far I've seen a 'Maximum of 25%', a 'Maximum of 35%' and my own, a 'Maximum of 20%.'

I don't know if I can be bothered if there's no chance I'll ever reach the same level of discount of others.

The image is basically explaining that your maximum will be 20% for this loyalty sale. This is how the loyalty sales normally go. 

Shows the orange banner I received on the 30th of November and as a message on my DAZland account on the same day. Explicitely mentioning 35% here...

So we got a "VIP Holiday Punch Card" with 35% max, a normal "Holiday Punch Card" with a max of 20% and maybe someone manages to show another message, talking about a "whatever it's called Holiday Punch Card" with 30% max...

Also the 35% is weird, as one get's 10% per punch, starting with already 10% base... where do those 5% come from, that make it 35%

Those with this banner get a max of 35%. Each tier has gotten one that shows their particular max. 

• Why does my punchcard only show one total space now, instead of three like yesterday (one space was filled in and two were empty, implying they could be filled)? And since I made a purchase yesterday it should be at the second tier, but it's still saying 10%. I don't even know what the second tier was supposed to be, it has yet to be explained what each tier would be or how it would reach the 35% I was promised in the banner, presumably at the third tier shown in the original punchcard?

Maybe Daz shouldn't have such complicated sales if they can't implement them without mistakes every single day. Mistakes happen, we're all human, but the daily errors on the sales page indicates Daz is biting off more than it can chew with all these complexities.

• Cris Palomino said:

maikdecker said:

Cris Palomino said:

Pax Asteriae said:

Those with this banner get a max of 35%. Each tier has gotten one that shows their particular max. 

I too got notified that it would be max 35% yesterday, I made multiple purchases, all items from the sale page, and came back to 10% again today with no option to increase. Maybe "different tiers get different info" was what was intended, but it did not work that way in practice. You guys simply have to stop rolling dice to pick random sales conditions.

thoreandan said:

Why does my punchcard only show one total space now, instead of three like yesterday (one space was filled in and two were empty, implying they could be filled)? And since I made a purchase yesterday it should be at the second tier, but it's still saying 10%. I don't even know what the second tier was supposed to be, it has yet to be explained what each tier would be or how it would reach the 35% I was promised in the banner, presumably at the third tier shown in the original punchcard?

Maybe Daz shouldn't have such complicated sales if they can't implement them without mistakes every single day. Mistakes happen, we're all human, but the daily errors on the sales page indicates Daz is biting off more than it can chew with all these complexities.

hear hear cool

Cris Palomino said:

maikdecker said:

Still doesn't explain how the 35% come to pass... 10% free as a gift and 10% each for two days.. and how do we get the extra 5%? Not that I care too much, as I made it a habit not too think too much about the sales, but just check stuff I would like to have and look in the shopping cart what price comes up... it's more than I'm ready to pay, the cart get emptied again... wink Happens quite often, that emptying, recently...

• Promo says you need to spend $2 to qualify for a punch. If you have a 10% discount and buy a $2 item, it's only charged at $1.80.

Would that purchase qualify to earn a new punch? 

Or do you have to spend enough for final price to remain at $2 or above even after discount?

Thanks for clarifying.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,207
    edited December 2022

marcus.ames said:

Cris Palomino said:

maikdecker said:

Cris Palomino said:

Pax Asteriae said:

I too got notified that it would be max 35% yesterday, I made multiple purchases, all items from the sale page, and came back to 10% again today with no option to increase. Maybe "different tiers get different info" was what was intended, but it did not work that way in practice. You guys simply have to stop rolling dice to pick random sales conditions.

Ignoring what it says, whata ditional discount do you see if you add an item to the cart? 10% off 30% Intro would be 37%, 25% off 30% intro would be 48%, 35% off 30% intro would be 55%

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • GhostGhost Posts: 89

Richard Haseltine said:

Ignoring what it says, whata ditional discount do you see if you add an item to the cart? 10% off 30% Intro would be 37%, 25% off 30% intro would be 48%, 35% off 30% intro would be 55%

65% turns into 74% with a purchase made yesterday and I'm still + member 

• thoreandan said:

Why does my punchcard only show one total space now, instead of three like yesterday (one space was filled in and two were empty, implying they could be filled)? And since I made a purchase yesterday it should be at the second tier, but it's still saying 10%.

I'm confused about this as well.

• ramasters said:

thoreandan said:

Why does my punchcard only show one total space now, instead of three like yesterday (one space was filled in and two were empty, implying they could be filled)? And since I made a purchase yesterday it should be at the second tier, but it's still saying 10%.

I'm confused about this as well.

Maybe we got the first punch whether we made a purchase yesterday or not.  But if they said that then some people probably would not have bought anything.  Maybe the message we (some of us?) got means we get that much extra discount on top of the Holiday punch discount?  Maybe people who have a maximum discount of  20% only need to make a qualifying purchase in two of the last three days?  Which makes me wonder: if we skip a day does the discount reset to zero?  I assume each punch lasts three days, regardless, but with poor advert text and changing conditions all bets are off.

• GhostGhost Posts: 89

RangerRick said:

Maybe we got the first punch whether we made a purchase yesterday or not.  But if they said that then some people probably would not have bought anything.  Maybe the message we (some of us?) got means we get that much extra discount on top of the Holiday punch discount?  Maybe people who have a maximum discount of  20% only need to make a qualifying purchase in two of the last three days?  Which makes me wonder: if we skip a day does the discount reset to zero?  I assume each punch lasts three days, regardless, but with poor advert text and changing conditions all bets are off.

The first punch yesterday was free, additional purchase yesterday should give the 2nd punch, supposedly adding up to 20% off. That's how it was stated, that's how every normal person understood it.
    Now how skipping a day will affect the punches? That's unclear. 

• I also decided to give the punch sale a try.  Started out with the "gifted" 10% and made a purchase over 2.00 yesterday.  I was expecting to see 20% today, didn't happen. surprise Still 10%.  I'm wondering if my purchase yesterday for some reason wasn't "qualifying"?  I was under the impression that any purchase greater than 2.00 triggered an extra punch?  

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 217

thoreandan said:

Why does my punchcard only show one total space now, instead of three like yesterday (one space was filled in and two were empty, implying they could be filled)? And since I made a purchase yesterday it should be at the second tier, but it's still saying 10%. I don't even know what the second tier was supposed to be, it has yet to be explained what each tier would be or how it would reach the 35% I was promised in the banner, presumably at the third tier shown in the original punchcard?

Ya I lstarted a separate thread about this asking if folks had the same issues before being told that others were voicing their exact same issues here.  VERY confusing.  I guess the one thing I have learned is make sure you daily make a $2 purchase so that when the big savings opportunity finally kicks in you make all your money back PLUS via savings on the stuff you actually want.  I would have bought so much on Cyber Monday if I had done that my self.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 217

Night Owl 3D said:

I also decided to give the punch sale a try.  Started out with the "gifted" 10% and made a purchase over 2.00 yesterday.  I was expecting to see 20% today, didn't happen. surprise Still 10%.  I'm wondering if my purchase yesterday for some reason wasn't "qualifying"?  I was under the impression that any purchase greater than 2.00 triggered an extra punch?  

I bought $90 worth of stuff yesterday: the Josie mega bundle and 13 items from Dream Light sale.  I would assume 1 of those items would trigger the $2 thresh hold for getting a stacking punch card bonus today.  So I don't think you bought a wrong item.  I think their system is either not reporting right OR very badly worded so that we don't know what we are doing! rofl

BUT I did get 3 bundles for free with the Josie Mega Bundle, so I am legit excited about that.  83 items for $64.  That was a good deal to me. :)

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Not that I want to add to the confusion, but I have maxxed out my announced potential discount (as proven with cart juggling), and the sale page still shows only one punch for 10%. Other discounts will also apply (depending on context): extra 10% for new release > $10, 50% i.s.o. 40% with a new release, 60% i.s.o. 50% with a new release, etc. I can get a new non-DO down to 59% off from the initial 30%. Or did I miss something?

• Well, it seems that in addition to all these problems, I tried using the monthly DAZ coupon (the one for daz originals old or new) and it didn't give me the full $6.00 off, it gave me $4 and some change off instead. I had the Josie Mega bundle and the Boho Silk Fabric iray shaders in the cart only. There were no $0 items in my cart.

This discussion has been closed.