New Genesis, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

16791112100

Comments

  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,304

    Your real Holiday Punch is probably correct. Mine shows 1 punch at 10%, but in the cart it is 35%. Try something simple in the cart to see what kind of discount you get. You don't have to actually buy it to find out.

  • NorthOf45 said:

    Your real Holiday Punch is probably correct. Mine shows 1 punch at 10%, but in the cart it is 35%. Try something simple in the cart to see what kind of discount you get. You don't have to actually buy it to find out.

    We saw this same glitch last night. Will report it's still there. 

  • NathNath Posts: 2,735

    Anyone else getting 'your paypal transaction could not be processed at this time'?

  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,819

    My punch card graphic is also showing just one punch of 10%, but the actual discount appars to be calculated correctly - 3 punches for a maximum of 25%, in my case.

    At least on the one item i tried it on.

  • I'm only getting 10% off "Z Everyday Van" https://www.daz3d.com/z-everyday-van even though I made a purchase yesterday and the day before and should have two punches.  What should the discount be?  (it's in the "Recent Zeddicuss Items" category)

     

  • beregarberegar Posts: 269
    edited December 2022

    Hylas said:

    My punch card graphic is also showing just one punch of 10%, but the actual discount appars to be calculated correctly - 3 punches for a maximum of 25%, in my case.

    At least on the one item i tried it on.

    If the discount for -30% item shows -59% discount in cart is that 3 punches for 25% off or what? I fail at understanding the math... partially because I'm not sure if the discount is additive or what. I mean I'm pretty sure I maybe have purchased items that are likely supposed to maybe give me punches in past two days? The graphics is not updating for me either so not sure what the next level of punch is supposed to be... or if we already are supposed to have all thre filled?

    And -50% item shows 67% off in cart... hmm...

    Post edited by beregar on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,371

    I'm happy that now Daz is marking the groups of qualifying items for the punch card promotion with a symbol! Yesterday I bought a seemingly qualifying item (Z0's Shape Shift for G 9) that should have appeared on the punch card today. Yet I only see the first day's entry. I think 'Shape Shift for Genesis 9' was 'Today only'... crying

  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,819

    Question:

    If I put Rogue Elf Outfit in my cart I get a price of $6.92, which seems correct to me (40% sale & 30% DAZ+ discount & 25% punch card)

    But when I then apply my DAZ+ coupon, the price becomes $2.42, when I would expect it to be $0.92

    There's nothing else in the cart.

    I'm new to DAZ+, am I missing something?

    Thank you!

    Screenshot 2022-12-02 094820.jpg
    1325 x 649 - 81K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,151

    Probably an error in the order the various rules apply in the cart, the coupon amount is most likely applied before some of the discount rules.

  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,819

    beregar said:

    Hylas said:

    My punch card graphic is also showing just one punch of 10%, but the actual discount appars to be calculated correctly - 3 punches for a maximum of 25%, in my case.

    At least on the one item i tried it on.

    If the discount for -30% item shows -59% discount in cart is that 3 punches for 25% off or what? I fail at understanding the math... partially because I'm not sure if the discount is additive or what. I mean I'm pretty sure I maybe have purchased items that are likely supposed to maybe give me punches in past two days? The graphics is not updating for me either so not sure what the next level of punch is supposed to be... or if we already are supposed to have all thre filled?

    And -50% item shows 67% off in cart... hmm...

    It's extra confusing because I'm not sure the punch card "steps" are the same for everyone. The max discount you can achieve by punching is shown in a promotional message (orange banner). I think it depends on how much you've been spending lately.

    In my case the max discount is 25%. I know I'm supposed to have 3 punches because I got a free one on TUE (another orange banner), and I spent more than $2 on both WED and on THU. So it should be 3 punches by now = 25%. That math is working out today as far as I can see, even though the graphic on the sales page isn't showing it.

  • Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 25
    edited December 2022

    Nath said:

    Anyone else getting 'your paypal transaction could not be processed at this time'?

     

    I get that periodically. I fix it like this:

    • On the checkout page, click "change" under billing address.
    • Select "New Address" from address book.
    • The checkout page will either explode or let me switch the address again back to my saved one.
      • If it explodes, I refresh and try again. Might need to click the address controls faster.
      • If it lets me switch back to the saved address, it will recalculate sales tax and finally let me checkout using Paypal.

    Good luck! 

     

     

    All the edits: Mentioned (unrelated) the punch card didn't seem to be working for me. It's just the store page visual showing 10%, the actual discount works fine. Was getting 61% off a cart test 40% PA item so the formula is: List Price * 0.6 (sale) * 0.65 (punch card) = 61% total discount. 4am, time for bed lol

    Post edited by Cam Fox on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,735

    Cam Fox said:

    Nath said:

    Anyone else getting 'your paypal transaction could not be processed at this time'?

     

    I get that periodically. I fix it like this:

    • On the checkout page, click "change" under billing address.
    • Select "New Address" from address book.
    • The checkout page will either explode or let me switch the address again back to my saved one.
      • If it explodes, I refresh and try again. Might need to click the address controls faster.
      • If it lets me switch back to the saved address, it will recalculate sales tax and finally let me checkout using Paypal.

    Good luck! 

     

     

    Unrelated, came here to report my punch card is showing up wrong. I've made purchases well over $2 every day for awhile, but the punch card is showing 10%. Cart testing with a single 40% PA item shows a 68% discount in the cart, so I'm getting a little extra but still have no idea how it's calculating.

    Thanks for the workaround! It may come in useful later on - for now, I just reduced the cart; my gift card will just have to last until my credit card resets (credit card has a better exchange rate than paypal) 

  • I am not getting even the giveaway 10% punch card discount.* I have tested with 0% discounted items in my cart, plus a full price (except for Daz+ member 30%) DO:

    https://www.daz3d.com/collective3d-neighborhood-block-1

    https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-fantasy-shapes-for-genesis-3-bundle

    https://www.daz3d.com/bone-minion-for-genesis-3-poses-for-genesis-8-and-81

    https://www.daz3d.com/tara-8

    Okay, I tried the Reindeer Daz3d (punchcard) Games. Not to my benefit so far, and so I think I am done with it.

    *Points for providing a graphic punchcard as many users wanted

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,151
    edited December 2022

    Loyalty discount only applies to items featured as part of the sale, unlike the punch discount from the Black Friday sale which applied to the whole store. I don't think any of those items is part of the sale.

    Post edited by Leana on
  • GhostGhost Posts: 97

    Okay made purchase during the first day - some Dreams items (nearly 12$)

    Bought 2 items yesterday both priced at 2$, discounted to 1.50$ total basket turned out 3$ and now it appears I lost a punch instead of gaining it...

  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,791

    I  purchased items each of the past 2 days and only have one punch.

     

    Also, I discovered I had a hidden Flash Sale banner, so check your notifications... smiley

    https://www.daz3d.com/notifier/inbox

  • Bright ShadowBright Shadow Posts: 63
    edited December 2022

    Showing the ticket icon next to discount-eligible sections really helps. Thanks!

    What's especially challenging about this promotion is that the reward is deferred...and there's no way for us to know whether we're making the right purchase today for a reward tomorrow.

    A wording tweak could clarify one ambiguous point about qualifying purchases:

    *Earn a maximum of one punch per day with qualifying purchases of $2 or more, excluding Gift Cards. Loyalty discount only applies to items featured as part of the “2022 Holiday Sale.” Excludes Gift Cards, FastGrab items, Daz+ Memberships, and “Today Only” deals unless otherwise specified.

    I find the "excludes" statement ambiguous since there are two purchases it might refer to:

    1. The purchase that qualifies us for a new punch tomorrow.
    2. The purchase that qualifies for a discount based on our accumulated punches.

    It seems like a small wording change could make that clear whether it applies to #1, #2, or both.

     

    Post edited by Bright Shadow on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,304

    WandW said:

    I  purchased items each of the past 2 days and only have one punch.

     

    Also, I discovered I had a hidden Flash Sale banner, so check your notifications... smiley

    https://www.daz3d.com/notifier/inbox

    Yeah, 4 hours only, no start time, no expiration time mentioned. You snooze, you lose.

  • Anyone know how long the hidden 4 hour flash is going on?  Just saw the message and they aren't time-stamped. 

  • ericolsen said:

    Anyone know how long the hidden 4 hour flash is going on?  Just saw the message and they aren't time-stamped. 

    I saw the first comment about it at what would have been a bit after 7 my time, so I think you have an hour and 15 minutes from the time I post this. 

    The 3 free bundles with the Josie Megabundle thing is still on, so if you have a few cheap things in your wishlist and you sat on that deal, now is the time to take it. $900 worth of stuff, $62 and some change right here. Zero regrets.

  • marcus.ames said:

    ericolsen said:

    Anyone know how long the hidden 4 hour flash is going on?  Just saw the message and they aren't time-stamped. 

    I saw the first comment about it at what would have been a bit after 7 my time, so I think you have an hour and 15 minutes from the time I post this. 

    The 3 free bundles with the Josie Megabundle thing is still on, so if you have a few cheap things in your wishlist and you sat on that deal, now is the time to take it. $900 worth of stuff, $62 and some change right here. Zero regrets.

    Thanks!  Yeah, been holding off on mega Josie but at $45 now it's a really nice deal with those three free bundles

  • ericolsenericolsen Posts: 350
    edited December 2022

    Not that it wasn't a good deal before, but Daz is really twisting my arm here.  Decisions, decisions...

    Post edited by ericolsen on
  • Whats the best month to buy DAZ+? I want to wait to purchase discounted daz+ and use my 6$ coupon...

  • marcus.ames said:

    ericolsen said:

    Anyone know how long the hidden 4 hour flash is going on?  Just saw the message and they aren't time-stamped. 

    I saw the first comment about it at what would have been a bit after 7 my time, so I think you have an hour and 15 minutes from the time I post this. 

    The 3 free bundles with the Josie Megabundle thing is still on, so if you have a few cheap things in your wishlist and you sat on that deal, now is the time to take it. $900 worth of stuff, $62 and some change right here. Zero regrets.

    Thanks for the tip. That was worth it. 

  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,371

    kaltland said:

    Whats the best month to buy DAZ+? I want to wait to purchase discounted daz+ and use my 6$ coupon...

    June and October, when the Daz+ anniversaries take place. However, your coupons are only valid for the month in which they are issued; you cannot collect them.

  • XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

    ericolsen said:

    marcus.ames said:

    ericolsen said:

    Anyone know how long the hidden 4 hour flash is going on?  Just saw the message and they aren't time-stamped. 

    I saw the first comment about it at what would have been a bit after 7 my time, so I think you have an hour and 15 minutes from the time I post this. 

    The 3 free bundles with the Josie Megabundle thing is still on, so if you have a few cheap things in your wishlist and you sat on that deal, now is the time to take it. $900 worth of stuff, $62 and some change right here. Zero regrets.

    Thanks!  Yeah, been holding off on mega Josie but at $45 now it's a really nice deal with those three free bundles

    Well, the prices for me are messed up. I can't even get it to under $60.

    As they say it in the Lethal Weapon series:  I'm too old to spend hours doing cart jiggling. XP

    So I'll be sitting back too. Good luck with this punch sale system.

    Later.

  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,088
    edited December 2022
    Lame. "Secret 4-Hour Flash Sale" essentially means "If you happen to live in the right time zone and/or work the right shift, and be free right now, then..."

    Running the offer all day could have generated goodwill from the whole range of customers. Limiting it to a short window insures some will miss it and be irritated.

    And offering a large discount on a new product that many purchased at release only days ago, no less.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • doubledeviant said:

    Lame. "Secret 4-Hour Flash Sale" essentially means "If you happen to live in the right time zone and/or work the right shift, and be free right now, then..."

    Running the offer all day could have generated goodwill from the whole range of customers. Limiting it to a short window insures some will miss it and be irritated.

    Except that it's been running for about six hours and counting...

  • doubledeviant said:

    Lame. "Secret 4-Hour Flash Sale" essentially means "If you happen to live in the right time zone and/or work the right shift, and be free right now, then..."

    Running the offer all day could have generated goodwill from the whole range of customers. Limiting it to a short window insures some will miss it and be irritated.

    Except that it's been running for about six hours and counting...

    Is that relevant? No telling how long it will last, and it already excluded anyone who shopped this morning.
  • Leana said:

    Loyalty discount only applies to items featured as part of the sale, unlike the punch discount from the Black Friday sale which applied to the whole store. I don't think any of those items is part of the sale.

    Oh well, definitely not my sale then. 

This discussion has been closed.