New Genesis, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• doubledeviant said:

marcus.ames said:

doubledeviant said:

Lame. "Secret 4-Hour Flash Sale" essentially means "If you happen to live in the right time zone and/or work the right shift, and be free right now, then..."

Running the offer all day could have generated goodwill from the whole range of customers. Limiting it to a short window insures some will miss it and be irritated.

Except that it's been running for about six hours and counting...

Is that relevant? No telling how long it will last, and it already excluded anyone who shopped this morning.

A few months back there was a week-long spree of really good two-hour flash sales back to back, and living in the eastern EU I could only catch one or two and the rest went by while I was asleep, so I feel you there. For a company that benefits so much from creators and customers worldwide, one would expect that they'd work on more than a US schedule. But that just be how it be.

• I'd just like to say one thing:

I literally have a degree in mathematics, and I still have trouble figuring out where the prices in my cart came from.

• murgatroyd314 said:

I'd just like to say one thing:

I literally have a degree in mathematics, and I still have trouble figuring out where the prices in my cart came from.

I too have a degree in mathematics - I don't recall its covering basic calculation skills (or even making use of actual numbers, other than 1 and 0 in their roles as identities)

• The punch graphic on the promo page does now seem to be working, at least for me.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The punch graphic on the promo page does now seem to be working, at least for me.

Ooh, nice, mine does too.

The punch graphic on the promo page does now seem to be working, at least for me.

Not working properly for me. 

Do they still expire if you don't buy something every single day?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Richard Haseltine said:

murgatroyd314 said:

I'd just like to say one thing:

I too have a degree in mathematics - I don't recall its covering basic calculation skills (or even making use of actual numbers, other than 1 and 0 in their roles as identities)

Me too, but I'd learned addition and subtraction by elementary school grade 2, multiplication by grade 3 and percents by grade 7. You don't even need high school to do shopping math. However, figuring out what sales and discounts have combined to make up the final number in the cart can be very difficult for these complicated sales. That is especially true when there seem to be frequent errors in the way Daz applies (or doesn't apply) advertised discounts and coupons. Sometimes they err in our favor and sometimes in their  favor, but either way obscures the whole cart price analysis.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

marcus.ames said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ooh, nice, mine does too.

Me three!

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,513
    edited December 2022

Bright Shadow said:

Showing the ticket icon next to discount-eligible sections really helps. Thanks!

What's especially challenging about this promotion is that the reward is deferred...and there's no way for us to know whether we're making the right purchase today for a reward tomorrow.

A wording tweak could clarify one ambiguous point about qualifying purchases:

*Earn a maximum of one punch per day with qualifying purchases of $2 or more, excluding Gift Cards. Loyalty discount only applies to items featured as part of the “2022 Holiday Sale.” Excludes Gift Cards, FastGrab items, Daz+ Memberships, and “Today Only” deals unless otherwise specified.

I find the "excludes" statement ambiguous since there are two purchases it might refer to:

1. The purchase that qualifies us for a new punch tomorrow.
    2. The purchase that qualifies for a discount based on our accumulated punches.

It seems like a small wording change could make that clear whether it applies to #1, #2, or both.

Well I've been here a few years and seen it all until the poucnh sales. It left me scratching my head, until I realized it was as simple as spending two bucks or more a day. So, I agree the wording does cause a head turn or two. You probabably already get it now, but for any newcomers that don't and are confused, here is how I, a shopper here, interpret the lingo. But of course, this is just my personal opinion based on my experience shopping here.

Firstly, Loyalty Rewards and Loyalty Discounts are related to each other but are two different animals.

1. Loyalty Rewards: The purchase that qualifies for a punch is a $2.00 (nothing is exactly 2.00) purchase made daily by 11.59pm Utah time. At midnight Utah time, a new day starts. For me, in California, 11.59pm Utah time is 10.59pm my time.

As for VIP bonus perks, I suspect they will appear as a 'person specific orange banner', later in December. The VIP bonus may be related to buying G9 items, but I wouldn't know because despite spending 753.83 since Nov 26th, I have not bought any G9 items to date. Maybe someone who gets the VIP Bonus can share what it is or how they got it, when the time comes.

I did check out at 11.00 (my time) one night a few seconds too late, and promptly lost punch momentum for two days straight. According to my experience, how much one spends above $2.00 is irrelevant, and daily consistency seems to be the second key factor. Gift cards are not factored in as a qualifying $2.00 purchase.

2. Loyalty Discounts: After you spend a minimum of $2.00 daily on anything other than gift cards, to redeem or get your discount, the items you purchase must be a product featured somewhere on the Annual Holiday Sale page. And your loyalty discount cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards, Fast Grabs, Memberships for DAZ+, or on supplemental sales, UNLESS Daz specifies an advertized exception to the contrary. For example I have seen DAZ feature 'Blink Sales' (gone in the blink of an eye) as 'Today Only' supplemental sales during the Holiday season. The 'Today Only' items differ from those featured on the 2022 Holiday Sale landing page and have different terms,conditions and prices, unrelated to the Holiday Sale page. Often those supplemental sales expire long before 11.00 Utah time . . . but not always. The timeline of some sales may be controlled by the participating PAs - or not.

Lastly, I have witnessed rare one-time only exceptions, where Santa Daz gets extra generous and surprises us with a 'Today Sale' that invites us to use the loyalty discount or a VIP 35% off. If and when that happens, that invitation can be via your DAZ inbox messages, or a person specific orange banner, or on a header ad intended for all Daz shoppers who have varying Loyalty discount rates. Years gone by I have received Bonus discounts and told I get x percentage off until December whatever and it was on anything on or off the sales page so we will have to what and see if Daz reaches its quotas, and what this year brings.

In closing let me add that I found the anniversay sale (over) to be phenomenal, and today's secret flash sale (still ongoing) to be fantastic. So thank you Daz.

Edit: Dear Santa. Please send me a new set of eyes that can spot spelling errors a bit better.  

Post edited by ArtAngel on

For the purpose of the punch sale, what is a "day"? Does it go by the Daz time or UTC or something else? How do we be sure we purcase each "day", if that is what we want to do?

Not working for me either.
  • ericolsen said:

Charlie Judge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Not working for me either.

Same. Mine is still on 10%.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

Try a hard refresh, CTRL-F5

• arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 268
    edited December 2022

...huh, so... I could've saved ~$25 if I didn't buy Josie 2 days ago?

I totally get that prices change as time goes on, that's how life works. But to get significantly cheaper with flash sales and different pricing within the same sale, kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just reinforces the whole 'never buy anything new ever, wait and see what happens'

Post edited by arks0ng on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032
    edited December 2022
    arks0ng said:

I totally get that prices change as time goes on, that's how life works. But to get significantly cheaper with flash sales and different pricing within the same sale, kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just reinforces the whole 'never buy anything new ever, wait and see what happens'

+1.

I don't like them, but I expect Daz to continue having flash sales. What I wasn't expecting was a huge flash discount for brand new releases. Leaves a bad taste, as said.

Anyway, the graphic for Loyalty Rewards isn't working for me, either. Shows one punch but should be full.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • NorthOf45 said:

Already tried that. It didn't help. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

butterflyfish said:

NorthOf45 said:

Already tried that. It didn't help. 

Script blockers or other anti-malware? There is quite a bit of code attached to that graphic.

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 163
    edited December 2022

Still broke for me.

Two qualifying purchases (from 2 carts). One was from the sales page itself to be sure.

Unless, next punch dosent show activate till following day. In which a Current Bonus Value and a next day "Unlocked" indication really should be showing now.

I'll check back again after the day's clock rolls over.  12-02-22

==================================================================================

UPDATE:

After MST (DAZ's Utah - Mountain Standard Time) Clock Roll Over 12-03-22

Shows only First 10% (VIP'd) Punch in white the other 2 in Yellow (Punched out and flashing)

Now making what will be a third qualifying purchase.

---------- STAND BY -----------

After purchase and page reload no change.

Log out, temp dump, browser restart, log in, no change

My guess would be that it dosent update and grant the punch bonus until the following day.

Which would mean Im still a day behind and Im thats going to screw up my original game plan.

Especially, if It resets stack on Monday morning (12am MST) then the deals I am planning towards will be gone. 

Update before day rollover, the full 35% off now works on the Holiday Items... AND the item I was looking at getting the discount on has been removed from the sale, AWESOME!!angryno

===================================================================  

Post edited by TDBAGZ on

TDBAGZ said:

Still broke for me.

Two qualifying purchases (from 2 carts). One was from the sales page itself to be sure.

Unless, next punch dosent show activate till following day. In which a Current Bonus Value and a next day "Unlocked" indication really should be showing now.

I'll check back again after the day's clock rolls over.  

What clock? What time zone? Daz Utah time? UTC? Something else? Previous punch sales seemed to vary. I haven't been able to gat an answer to this "clock" question. Maybe that is why some people think they are not getting the punches they think they have earned. Why can't Daz be clear about time? It is important.

• SolitarySandpiperSolitarySandpiper Posts: 468
    edited December 2022

i think it's just a graphic pretending to be a punch card... scratch that, it's another day and it seems to work now.

Post edited by SolitarySandpiper on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

barbult said:

TDBAGZ said:

Still broke for me.

What clock? What time zone? Daz Utah time? UTC? Something else? Previous punch sales seemed to vary. I haven't been able to gat an answer to this "clock" question. Maybe that is why some people think they are not getting the punches they think they have earned. Why can't Daz be clear about time? It is important.

It is going by Daz time 

frank0314 said:

barbult said:

TDBAGZ said:

Still broke for me.

It is going by Daz time 

Thank you for clarifying that, Frank.

• arks0ng said:

Perhaps such flash sales are activated when a new bundle doesn't make as big a splash as anticipated, who knows. I didn't have much need for mega-Josie and really was only considering getting her because of the three bonus bundles.  It wasn't a $25 drop; with another new release the mega could be had for $57 on release day (given I had all the punches). Today it was $45. But that was enough to get me off the fence. You don't see such extra discounts on new bundles often, but you never know. 

• kaltland said:

Whats the best month to buy DAZ+? I want to wait to purchase discounted daz+ and use my 6$ coupon...

I renewed my Daz+ in November for 45% off and a deal during black Friday when I paid $21 to renew and then $15.01 to renew. So now I have Daz+ until November 2025. 

• So yesterday I was getting 25% for my punch card, but today I'm only getting 10%. I bought something over $2 on Nov 29, Nov 30 & Dec 1 but didn't buy anything yesterday. So does the discount then reset? It says "Purchase Daily to stack your discount" but it doesn't say anything about it resetting after you hit the maximum. It just says earn a maximum of one punch per day.

I want to love this, but it's just really frustrating.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited December 2022

ramasters said:

So yesterday I was getting 25% for my punch card, but today I'm only getting 10%. I bought something over $2 on Nov 29, Nov 30 & Dec 1 but didn't buy anything yesterday. So does the discount then reset? It says "Purchase Daily to stack your discount" but it doesn't say anything about it resetting after you hit the maximum. It just says earn a maximum of one punch per day.

I want to love this, but it's just really frustrating.

Mine show 10,20,35% but I did buy stuff over $2 each day. But the discounts in my cart seem lackluster for all this effort.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • ioonrxoon said:

Richard Haseltine said:

ioonrxoon said:

Since this is now buried in the other thread, I'll post it again here > Fluidos II Lite is missing the manual installer.

Do I have to open a ticket for it or something?

Which version of the product do you have? Upgrade/full, Mac or Windows?

Fluidos II for Daz Studio - LITE edition - https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio--lite-edition

There aren't separate versions for win and mac.

Any news on this? Still no download option.

• ioonrxoon said:

ioonrxoon said:

Richard Haseltine said:

ioonrxoon said:

Since this is now buried in the other thread, I'll post it again here > Fluidos II Lite is missing the manual installer.

Do I have to open a ticket for it or something?

Which version of the product do you have? Upgrade/full, Mac or Windows?

Fluidos II for Daz Studio - LITE edition - https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio--lite-edition

There aren't separate versions for win and mac.

Any news on this? Still no download option.

Sorry, I can't see where I reproted it so possibly I didn't. Going to (re)report now just to be sure.

• kaltlandkaltland Posts: 39
    edited December 2022

The graphic is really pretending to be a punch card, I purchased to get the punch but now it's gone! It was a trap, thought it would be similar to Black Friday ! The discount resets.. Im very disappointed. Today I'm only getting 10%.. and the graphic card is still locked. I opened a ticket (with my other account where I made all the purchases).

Purchase a new thing everyday is impossible to me. 

Post edited by kaltland on
This discussion has been closed.