Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,298
    edited July 2022

I've not uploaded anything here for a while, but back to the oddities of school classes in a fantasy world:

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,403

Matt_Castle said:

I've not uploaded anything here for a whole, but back to the oddities of school classes in a fantasy world:

Gallery Link

What a fun idea!  And I love that swimsuit on the centaur!  Did you make that yourself?

@Fae3D - Yes, the swimsuit was something I modelled in Blender. (There's a bit of a shortage of centaur swimsuits on any of the content stores...) There was a bit of trickery involved in getting a one-piece outfit working as a properly conforming follower across both the main figure and the graft*, but in the end it works pretty well.

I've now got a fair collection of centaur clothes (and indeed a way to auto-fit G8 clothes to the horse half). I half wonder about maybe eventually putting them up somewhere, but I doubt most stores would deem the returns to be worth the effort of putting them through testing.

* Probably boring technical stuff: It needs to be fitted to the graft because that has access to all the necessary bones on the main figure, as well as phantom vertices that mostly follow the main figure's shape, and those can be used to allow auto-follow to work. The complication was when morphs are made and imported to a full grafted figure, these phantom vertices aren't normally updated on the graft (and auto-follow gets overridden), so I had to create a couple of correctives so that these vertices did follow the main figure. (And in case anyone suggests it - I did try seeing how it worked as a geoshell, but showed through way too many contours to look right).

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280

Here is one of the more simpler ones from me . A character from my current work in progress

Amariawipnosig.png
    1200 x 1697 - 4M
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,403

Matt_Castle said:

@Fae3D - Yes, the swimsuit was something I modelled in Blender. (There's a bit of a shortage of centaur swimsuits on any of the content stores...) There was a bit of trickery involved in getting a one-piece outfit working as a properly conforming follower across both the main figure and the graft*, but in the end it works pretty well.

I've now got a fair collection of centaur clothes (and indeed a way to auto-fit G8 clothes to the horse half). I half wonder about maybe eventually putting them up somewhere, but I doubt most stores would deem the returns to be worth the effort of putting them through testing.

* Probably boring technical stuff: It needs to be fitted to the graft because that has access to all the necessary bones on the main figure, as well as phantom vertices that mostly follow the main figure's shape, and those can be used to allow auto-follow to work. The complication was when morphs are made and imported to a full grafted figure, these phantom vertices aren't normally updated on the graft (and auto-follow gets overridden), so I had to create a couple of correctives so that these vertices did follow the main figure. (And in case anyone suggests it - I did try seeing how it worked as a geoshell, but showed through way too many contours to look right).

That's super impressive!  I always thought the biggest problem with the centaur characters was lack of clothing/accessories.  I really wanted to see more clothes and jewelry made specifically for the horse half, like decorative saddles and blankets for the back, and bracelets and such for the legs.  I never even thought of things like modern swimsuits!  That is so creative!  You should try selling some, you never know, it might work out!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,038

I got the Old Victorian Street but felt it was too dark even in Sun and Sky full sun so it morphed into a night scene. I didn't see the night option for the materials at the time so I did my own :) I wanted to do individual lights inside the rooms in the buildings but there are panels behind the curtains that block the light and are part of the buildings so I couldn't do that so made the glass Emissive. Unfortunately the glass is part of most of the windows in each building and can't be separated into individual rooms, another downer for me. I also had to lower the resolution on all the materials before it would fit on my 6GB graphics cart :) I used a volume cube for the fog and a distant light for the moonlight through the fog.

A Foggy Night.

2022-07-24 14:15:14.626 Total Rendering Time: 2 hours 6 minutes 7.63 seconds

Click on image for full size.

An animation I did a while ago using the Swing Ride.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

Cool

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited July 2022

I always run some random older scene after downloading a new beta.  Today, the scene was Merlin's 2015 'Palace of Knossos', which is a 3Delight product.  I did not change anything except to make the windows completely (3delight) transparent. But I think the result is really nice already even with the disembodied point-light fire.  I need to bring this lovely set out to play some more, I think.

knossos.png
    850 x 637 - 796K
    Post edited by Ostadan on
  • For those in  a heatwave :

Gallery link

• RonwaldRonwald Posts: 71

Here's a character I've been working on:

She's supposed to be a god or other supernatural being. I haven't figured out her story just yet.

First The Basics

2022-07-25 20:35:55.556 Total Rendering Time: 3 hours 46 minutes 9.99 seconds

• Look at my tattoo!!  gallery link

• rafidewrafidew Posts: 174

I picked up Oso Newt for Genesis 8.1 Male earlier this year, and finally got around to finishing an image with him. Pretty happy with how it turned out!

Gallery link for full size

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

Gallery Link

My actual plan was to do a fairly sensible version of "28 Days Later", given that some time ago I made up a set for Westminster Bridge, but this also ended up centaur themed on another member's suggestion/request:

Gallery Link

Wow, incredible use of the Iray matte effect! 

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited August 2022

I see a lot of portraits, so I'll pose some.

Natalie!

Natalie

assets used : ChangelingChick;s Rozalina for G8.1F

Post edited by JVRenderer on

takezo_3001 said:

Gallery Link

My actual plan was to do a fairly sensible version of "28 Days Later", given that some time ago I made up a set for Westminster Bridge, but this also ended up centaur themed on another member's suggestion/request:
    Gallery Link

Wow, incredible use of the Iray matte effect! 

There aren't any Iray mattes in this scene, but that certainly would have been a much more logical way to do it.

(The reality was hours in Blender modelling Westminster Bridge's railings and trying to port in an obstinate model of Parliament. Apart from the sky, it's all 3D assets).

Lil Red

Little Red Riding Hood with her pet dire wolf

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

Very nice

JVRenderer said:

I see a lot of portraits, so I'll pose some.

Natalie!

Natalie

assets used : ChangelingChick;s Rozalina for G8.1F

Fantastic image! 

rafidew said:

I picked up Oso Newt for Genesis 8.1 Male earlier this year, and finally got around to finishing an image with him. Pretty happy with how it turned out!

Gallery link for full size

Love this image! 

More Portraits.

Zara

Zara

Asset used : Victoria 8

edited August 2022

Angel dads can't do proper piggyback rides, but it helps to know a centaur.

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited September 2022

Quick test to see how they look together and I think our Greek hero needs an Olympian adjustment too because putting this body shape on her... Well, Noa's more realistic default proportions don't sell "powerful demigod hero" look when she's in the same scene.

Heroes_Test.jpg
    1280 x 2160 - 2M
    Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2022

Gal Gadot

GG 1.png
    1860 x 950 - 1M
    GG 2.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    GG 3.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    GG YG 2.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    Post edited by Bobvan on

I came across the Skinchangers as I looked through my library and, as I hadn't tried them, I loaded them up. As is my want I redid the surfaces to my liking and did a few renders.

Skinchanger Female

2022-09-25 11:39:44.041 Total Rendering Time: 22 minutes 55.78 seconds

2022-09-25 11:01:47.336 Total Rendering Time: 22 minutes 50.52 seconds

Skinchanger Male

2022-09-27 11:49:53.563 Total Rendering Time: 17 minutes 0.62 seconds

Danger In The Night

2022-09-26 07:42:53.292 Total Rendering Time: 1 minutes 31.27 seconds

2022-09-25 22:05:34.605 Total Rendering Time: 1 minutes 10.1 seconds

Click on image for full size

• Somebody is having a bad hair day

Very nice job

• goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited October 2022

Just having some fun with yet another amazing Maddelirium character!  (Brianne)

FS_Nina_Dobrienna_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 246K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited October 2022

It's steampunk, except it isn't.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on