Website Improvements and Updates Incoming

Hello everyone! Starting this week, we’re beginning the process of testing changes and enhancements to the Daz 3D website and user experience. Our first round of testing will streamline the checkout process with a new look and easier navigation so you can get back to creating your 3D art easier and faster. After that, we’ll begin testing improvements most of the website in further rounds over the next several months. 

Our main goals:

• Improve customer experience with checkout and cart
  • Added clarity around products
  • Improved category system
  • Updates to search and website navigation
  • Revamped designs and user experience
  • And more to come!

A few major pieces of the website are currently being redesigned, including the forums and gallery search, however those won't be updated this year.

Comments

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 568

Oh boy! I sincerely hope this works out better this time around. I wish you/us all the best of luck, and I'm looking forward to see what the changes will be (thinking positively).

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

* fingers crossed *

• Please NOT during the middle of the PC sales like last year!

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

I hate it. It's terrible, deplorable, how could you even think of doing that, it was better the old way, these new changes sterilize endangered mice in the Mekong Delta and may constitute an actual war crime.

Sorry, just wanted to get that out there ahead of the rush.

The changes all sound reasonable, but I'm more excited about the idea that forum search is going to get some love and attention. Currently, it's badly limited and not very useful. If you can deliver a useful forum search, you'll unlock access to a ton of really useful knowledge that's all there in the forums but which is usually inaccessible because the existing search is so weak. So thank you for including that on your to-do list.

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 670
    edited September 2021

Would it be possible for DAZ Admin to post public notices right before these test runs begin? This way users will not be caught completely flatfooted by any glitches that arise. For instance, if the shopping cart is being recoded on a specific day, advance notice would be appreciated.

Post edited by zombiewhacker on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296

bytescapes said:

The changes all sound reasonable, but I'm more excited about the idea that forum search is going to get some love and attention. Currently, it's badly limited and not very useful.

Not very useful?

You can search whatever you like and the Forum search gives you whatever it likes for answers => everybody is happy cheeky 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

Catherine3678ab said:

Please NOT during the middle of the PC sales like last year!

..agreed.

Also can we get a "jump to page #" option?

We used to be able to change the page number in the address bar at the top of the browser page before the last site update, but page numbers are no longer listed there.

bytescapes said:

I hate it. It's terrible, deplorable, how could you even think of doing that, it was better the old way, these new changes sterilize endangered mice in the Mekong Delta and may constitute an actual war crime.

Sorry, just wanted to get that out there ahead of the rush.

The changes all sound reasonable, but I'm more excited about the idea that forum search is going to get some love and attention. Currently, it's badly limited and not very useful. If you can deliver a useful forum search, you'll unlock access to a ton of really useful knowledge that's all there in the forums but which is usually inaccessible because the existing search is so weak. So thank you for including that on your to-do list.

...yes, we need filters like date range, by thread title, subject, individual post, and author, as well as complete search string (tagging each keyword individually in a search string makes the function absolutely useless)  I remember way back that the forum search way better than we have now and had several filters..

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,745

Improved cathegories and search function sounds promising!

• kyoto kid said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Please NOT during the middle of the PC sales like last year!

..agreed.

Also can we get a "jump to page #" option?

We used to be able to change the page number in the address bar at the top of the browser page before the last site update, but page numbers are no longer listed there.

+1  That was a feature I used a lot.

edited September 2021

...same here as I have little interest in G8 and none in 8.1.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • blazblaz Posts: 261
    I hope the "Bad Gateway" on forums is also one of the priorities.
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I hope that the server hosting will be improved (or changed). The forums (in particular) are often plagued by connection errors or slow responses. There are many complaints about this going back years and very little, if anything, has improved.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

Please make changing the AWFUL font you are using on the Forums a priority

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Hylas said:

Improved cathegories and search function sounds promising!

Improved categories won't help if the people doing the categorizing can't be bothered to properly allocate items, as is now the case. 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,484
    edited September 2021

Wow. Ground hog day timing wise.

Edit: It's like a florist deciding to renovate the shop during Valentines.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259

I would like to have at least two carts and/or two wishlists, amongst other things to save time on big sales.

And please: Avoid the 'matures at the customer' principle, as with the last two store releases... Thank you!

• 3Ddreamer said:

+100

Specifically, the body font used for messages. If you really want to keep the current font for titles and headlines, fine.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

ColinFrench said:

3Ddreamer said:

+100

Specifically, the body font used for messages. If you really want to keep the current font for titles and headlines, fine.

+100 here also, the font uses a ridiculous amount of space on mobile devices. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296

Is it just me, or have they changed how the page opens?

I usually use the "Recent Discussions", go through the list of titles and open threads in new tabs - Now, when I go to a tab, the page rolls from top to the first unread message, instead of having the first unread message already there.

Don't like... It makes one feel like getting on a train that's already moving.

• PerttiA said:

I usually use the "Recent Discussions", go through the list of titles and open threads in new tabs - Now, when I go to a tab, the page rolls from top to the first unread message, instead of having the first unread message already there.

It's not just you. I find it annoying. 

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

Daz_Jessica said:

Hello everyone! Starting this week, we’re beginning the process of testing changes and enhancements to the Daz 3D website and user experience. Our first round of testing will streamline the checkout process with a new look and easier navigation so you can get back to creating your 3D art easier and faster. After that, we’ll begin testing improvements most of the website in further rounds over the next several months. 

Our main goals:

• And more to come!

A few major pieces of the website are currently being redesigned, including the forums and gallery search, however those won't be updated this year.

Hi Jessica, I would really LOVE heart to see the "Search Store" results with an option checkbox for "Show Only Owned". That would be an incredibly useful search result to determine if something I am considering is similar, or will go well with, something I already own at DAZ.

• hjakehjake Posts: 812
    edited September 2021

On the new checkout page I see redeem gift cards, but where do you input your platinum club discount coupons?

UPDATE:

I just checked out with a platinum coupon. It seems if you add items to your cart that are platinum coupon worhty then the option to enter your coupon code will appear.

Post edited by hjake on
  • butterflyfish said:

PerttiA said:

Oh boy, agreed this will get annoying fast. I have seen other sites that will scroll down things like blog posts, but for a forum like this it's way too much movement.

• AlmightyQUEST said:

butterflyfish said:

PerttiA said:

Oh boy, agreed this will get annoying fast. I have seen other sites that will scroll down things like blog posts, but for a forum like this it's way too much movement.

Agreed. Not a good "update". It's nauesa inducing. Or maybe the point is to get people to stop using the forums since the experience is so terrible?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

zombietaggerung said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

butterflyfish said:

PerttiA said:

Agreed. Not a good "update". It's nauesa inducing. Or maybe the point is to get people to stop using the forums since the experience is so terrible?

Yeah - but the store pages are doing a similar process; down at page bottom I click for the next page - and I get to watch the page scroll up through a field of black boxes and then, once at the top, the boxes fill in. I'm not real interested in positioning the mouse pointer on the ">", closing my eyes, and clicking - but I'm even less interested in applying my last meal to my keyboard. sad

• hjake said:

Daz_Jessica said:

Our main goals:

• And more to come!

Hi Jessica, I would really LOVE heart to see the "Search Store" results with an option checkbox for "Show Only Owned". That would be an incredibly useful search result to determine if something I am considering is similar, or will go well with, something I already own at DAZ.

great idea. I'll see if we can get that for a future update. 

• AlmightyQUEST said:

butterflyfish said:

PerttiA said:

As mentioned above, our updates aren't in the forums or gallery, at least not yet, so if you are experieincing a problem, please let us know. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

zombietaggerung said: Or maybe the point is to get people to stop using the forums since the experience is so terrible?

That generally seems to be the objective with the store as well.

• caravelle said:

I would like to have at least two carts and/or two wishlists, amongst other things to save time on big sales.

And please: Avoid the 'matures at the customer' principle, as with the last two store releases... Thank you!

What do you mean "matures at the customer"?