Hexagon BETA - version 2.5.2.137! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Je ne pense pas que cette bêta soit encore active, la version actuelle de Carrara c'est la 8.5 (qui était un upgrade payant par rapport à la 8.1).

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Leana said:

Je ne pense pas que cette bêta soit encore active, la version actuelle de Carrara c'est la 8.5 (qui était un upgrade payant par rapport à la 8.1).

This topic is about Hexagon, not Carrara!

Dana

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    DanaTA said:
    Leana said:

Dana

Yes, I know. But if you read the post I answered to you'll see that the last question was about Carrara beta.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Leana said:
    DanaTA said:
    Leana said:

Dana

Yes, I know. But if you read the post I answered to you'll see that the last question was about Carrara beta.

Sorry about that.

Dana

• NovaNova Posts: 211
    edited October 2020
    Hello, is Hexagon still being developed or has it been abandoned?
    It's good software.

001-00_ Architektur_ Gebäude_ 011-00.JPG
    1882 x 860 - 322K
    001-00_ 180 grad_ ebene a auf 03 2x_ 000-06.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 743K
    Post edited by Nova on
    edited October 2020

CAD_ 28-07-2016_ 000-00.JPG
    1617 x 839 - 221K
    Post edited by Nova on
    edited October 2020

I Love Hexagon  >>>>>>>  No time to switch to blenders

001-00_ Tank_ 000-00_ 000-03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 576K
    Post edited by Nova on
  • No Idea if it is still being developed, hopefully they'll return to it one day.

Nice piece of modelling. There is a Hexagon gallery here if you want to add your renders/screen shots to it.

• I like your toon render of the looping street, Bruder.

Thanks for the nice comment

• carericbcarericb Posts: 12
    edited January 2021

Will there be a positive outcome to finally include MACOS users or will you continuesly letting faithful customers down, withholding them from important and nessesary updates? Not everybody can afford to purchase a professional lisense like Maya. Blender is very hard to learn. 

Post edited by carericb on
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579

carericb said:

Will there be a positive outcome to finally include MACOS users or will you continuesly letting faithful customers down, withholding them from important and nessesary updates? Not everybody can afford to purchase a professional lisense like Maya. Blender is very hard to learn. 

The latest version of blender is much more like Hexagon now. They have a great set of videos on you tube and there site that walk you through all the basics. I'm back up and running making models now using it and it didnt take much time at all to learn.

• accdeceraccdecer Posts: 0

I need Hexagon installer, send me file or file link

• accdecer said:

I need Hexagon installer, send me file or file link

https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-2-5-download-version

or if you already purchased

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/4222

Please don't ask for links to cotnent or software other than those granted by daz as that is warez and not permitted.

• stitlownstitlown Posts: 276

I've just built a new machine and am setting up my software again. ATM only 32bit Hexagon is present, and appears to be working (mainly). I've never been a Hexagon fan. On my old machine which had both 32bit 2.5 and 64bit 2.5Beta and the GUI was borderline painfull - whole seconds to recognise a selection of a vertex for instance. So far, on the new machine, the Hex GUI seems much more tractible.

So my question is whether it is worth installing the 64bit given the bad experiences I've had before? Or are people finding the 64bit is working well for them? I have seen some of the comments saying some users are finding Hex a good solution again, but thought I should ask because the last installation was sooooo bad. I only really use it for the bridge to Studio for morph development etc.  If I'm doing any de-novo modelling I'm using other, much more tractible programs.

If the view is that 64bit is worth it, should I expunge all prior traces of hex from my machinne so there's no conflicts or inter-noise?

Looking forward to opinions.

Cheers. Lx

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

stitlown said:

I've just built a new machine and am setting up my software again. ATM only 32bit Hexagon is present, and appears to be working (mainly). I've never been a Hexagon fan. On my old machine which had both 32bit 2.5 and 64bit 2.5Beta and the GUI was borderline painfull - whole seconds to recognise a selection of a vertex for instance. So far, on the new machine, the Hex GUI seems much more tractible.

So my question is whether it is worth installing the 64bit given the bad experiences I've had before? Or are people finding the 64bit is working well for them? I have seen some of the comments saying some users are finding Hex a good solution again, but thought I should ask because the last installation was sooooo bad. I only really use it for the bridge to Studio for morph development etc.  If I'm doing any de-novo modelling I'm using other, much more tractible programs.

If the view is that 64bit is worth it, should I expunge all prior traces of hex from my machinne so there's no conflicts or inter-noise?

Looking forward to opinions.

Cheers. Lx

The 64-bit is fine, but then I don't use it every day. You can install the 32 bit alongside it.

• I use it almost every day (64 bit) and very rarely have any issues.

Save regually and turn off Local Redraw in the preferences, also increase your undos while your there.

• stitlownstitlown Posts: 276

Thanks guys.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,986

I hope they can keep Hexagon up-to-date enough to work on W11 when it comes out as well still bridge to D/S5 when that comes out.

• Catherine3678ab said:

I hope they can keep Hexagon up-to-date enough to work on W11 when it comes out as well still bridge to D/S5 when that comes out.

should just work. 11 is just 10 with a facelift and some fixes.

• Khai-J-Bach said:

Catherine3678ab said:

should just work. 11 is just 10 with a facelift and some fixes.

Okay, thanks :-)

• Hello everyone,

I am trying to get a copy of the Hexagon 64-bit beta build and so far I am not having any luck. I have installed IM and ticked the public build option and all I am seeing is the copy of hex 2.5 32-bit I purchased a long time ago. I looked in the daz store to see if I needed to "Buy" the beta first before it would show up in my downloads but only the 32-bit release version shows up. I googled it and found a store product page for the beta "https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-beta"; but when you try to load it you get a 404 error.

Any ideas or help would be wonderful. Thanks!

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited January 2022

I'm no techy so take this with a pinch of salt. What I am seeing in the Installed section of Install Manager is - Hexagon 2.5 (WIN 64) Public Build +Beta+ (Public Build, mayba that makes a difference). In my Ready To Download section I have a few other options but this is the latest version.

By the way, the link does not work for me :(

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • DaleHardmanDaleHardman Posts: 27
    edited January 2022

Wee Dangerous John said:

I'm no techy so take this with a pinch of salt. What I am seeing in the Installed section of Install Manager is - Hexagon 2.5 (WIN 64) Public Build +Beta+ (Public Build, mayba that makes a difference). In my Ready To Download section I have a few other options but this is the latest version.

By the way, the link does not work for me :(

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I agree that the public option is the key and I do have that option ticked in IM but no luck. Here is the link to the Daz store page for the beta that does not work any more - https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-beta

If anyone else here does not have any other ideas I might have to break down and contact Daz. I was hoping that I was just missing something simple and save me the wait time dealing with the help desk.

As an aside, I have been away for many years and am getting back into my 3d art journey. It is nice to see so many familiar faces still around here in the forums like yourself.

Thanks.

Post edited by DaleHardman on
  • Dose anyone get yhis program to actually work ?

• Well it was almost 2 monthes before I had a reply from Daz Support but once I was able to talk to a real person they quickly helped me out and added the Hex Beta build to my "Purchased" Daz products so I could find it in the DIM and install it. Now I am able to build a 3d model and save it as a .Car file and Carrara opens it and does not crash. I hope this helps anyone in the future who has the same problem. Just open a help ticket with Daz Support and they will fix it for you.

Thanks John for trying to help a fellow Hex user out.

• Thank you Dale getting back to us, it may have taken a while but at least you have it working now.

Hopefully everything is working for you, one thing I've noticed people seem to have a lot less problems using Hexagon if they turn off Local Redraw (Preference Editor, Advanced, 3D Display).

• I remembered to turn up the undo levels but I forgot the tip about turning off the local redraw so thanks! 

Wee Dangerous John said:

Thank you Dale getting back to us, it may have taken a while but at least you have it working now.

Hopefully everything is working for you, one thing I've noticed people seem to have a lot less problems using Hexagon if they turn off Local Redraw (Preference Editor, Advanced, 3D Display).

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 402

Hexagon worked so good and now I'm getting crashes one after another. Zooming in crash, switching to face mode crash. Can't edit my clothing anymore. 

• Not come across that problem Amaranth, (what's changed with your system, gfx card update etc ?) all I can suggest is to make a note of the setting in your Preferences and then use the reset to default option, turn off your system and put your setting back as you had them.

Catherine (or anyone else), have you come across this problem ?