The "Animators Assemble!" thread for Daz animation WIPs, clips, and tips

Comments

• CoXComicsCoXComics Posts: 50

KA1 said:

Thank you mindsong. I remember liking how the artifact interior looked (though if I recall it was a random accident with the toon style shaders!!) - I think I dropped doing anymore on this one back as for some reason the characters eyebrows weren't rendering!

I really like the feel of that toon shader, which one is it? 

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    CoXComics said:

KA1 said:

Thank you mindsong. I remember liking how the artifact interior looked (though if I recall it was a random accident with the toon style shaders!!) - I think I dropped doing anymore on this one back as for some reason the characters eyebrows weren't rendering!

I really like the feel of that toon shader, which one is it? 

It's the Visual Style Shaders - https://www.daz3d.com/visual-style-shaders
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103

In case anyone's interested, I've just released my former Daz 3d Animation Kits for free in This Freebies Thread

There are two packs

dB Animation Kit 1 for the Millennium Dragon 2 (so should also work with Mil dragon 1)

dB Animation Kit - Swordworks for Michael 4

Have fun! I hope some of you enjoy them!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,038

Trying out some animation skills.

Very nice!!!

Dartanbeck said:

Very nice!!!

Thank you.

Seriously. You've got the timing of the ride Just Right, and  love the render quality. Looks fantastic! Nice background stuff going on, people enjoying the ride, lovely glow on those bulbs... very nicely done!

Dartanbeck said:

Seriously. You've got the timing of the ride Just Right, and  love the render quality. Looks fantastic! Nice background stuff going on, people enjoying the ride, lovely glow on those bulbs... very nicely done!

I used the Turntable Animation for the Base and then did all the horses by hand in the Timeline. The render was done at 100 samples for speed. The lights had nothing done to them and are just Emissive surfaces.

• kervalakervala Posts: 184
    edited April 2021

I'm currently playing with DAZ Studio animations and I'm really impressed :) I began with TimeLine and switched to aniMate2 because we can edit/move/delete ketframes more easily :)

I love to use dForce for hair and outfits with animations :)

I'm using APNG format until now because it's only simple animations without background :) I uploaded a GIF version becaure DAZ Forums don't support APNG :(

https://kervala.net/images/emotes/discord_happy_birthday_sfw.gif

Post edited by kervala on

kervala said:

I'm currently playing with DAZ Studio animations and I'm really impressed :) I began with TimeLine and switched to aniMate2 because we can edit/move/delete ketframes more easily :)

I love to use dForce for hair and outfits with animations :)

I'm using APNG format until now because it's only simple animations without background :) I uploaded a GIF version becaure DAZ Forums don't support APNG :(

https://kervala.net/images/emotes/discord_happy_birthday_sfw.gif

Nice :) 

Updated the Swing Ride with music.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    That is epic @Fishtales with some subtle ambient fairground hustle&bustle sound effects (and subtle ride SFX) placed behind the music you could feel like you were there!!

KA1 said:

That is epic @Fishtales with some subtle ambient fairground hustle&bustle sound effects (and subtle ride SFX) placed behind the music you could feel like you were there!!

Thank you. I actually Googled some but then decided against it :) 

• CoXComicsCoXComics Posts: 50

This project has been so jynxed. It started off well enough, but close to completion, HitFilm sent out an update and the the project would not load at all. I finally got it rebuilt just in time for Hitfilm to make another release making the original file load again. But then they both had an odd audio glitch with some of the speech files and volume issues. I think I just have to take what I learned with this project and move on to the fate of the Antares.

• JoltrastJoltrast Posts: 199

I'm brand new to animation but would love to take advantage of Omniverse Audio2Face by nVidia (which is in beta right now) with Daz.
    Can Daz figures be imported into it via something like Omniverse Create (USD>FBX) and or Blender? Has anyone done this yet? Many thanks!

• burntumberburntumber Posts: 16

A new Daz script for transfering FaceCap facial motion to Daz Characters. 

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

CoXComics said:

Great job. That looks like a lot of work went into creating the video.Thanks for sharing.

• An excerpt from my web series in production. Much of the work was done in non-Daz apps, but Daz models are in there, in particular the ROG Red Crow Inn from here at Daz. I think it renders great!

• Auroratrek said:

An excerpt from my web series in production. Much of the work was done in non-Daz apps, but Daz models are in there, in particular the ROG Red Crow Inn from here at Daz. I think it renders great!

That was great, @Auroratrek! The animation was very natural - looking forward to seeing more. Cheers!

- Greg

• Thanks, Greg!

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

algovincian said:

Auroratrek said:

An excerpt from my web series in production. Much of the work was done in non-Daz apps, but Daz models are in there, in particular the ROG Red Crow Inn from here at Daz. I think it renders great!

That was great, @Auroratrek! The animation was very natural - looking forward to seeing more. Cheers!

- Greg

I agree keep up the great work. We cant wait to see what happens next. 

• Thanks! Working on the next shot this morning...  ;-)

• Thanks!

Tugpsx said:

CoXComics said:

Great job. That looks like a lot of work went into creating the video.Thanks for sharing.

• Something else for those of us non-apple users, finally! Facial recordings only, but it's a start. https://www.daz3d.com/poserecorder
  • certainly better looking than many I have seen yes

• Auroratrek said:

That's was more than just a great piece of animation.  That was a performance. Your character has emotion and personality. A minute and a half and I've bought into her adventure. Well done.

• FirstBastion said:

Auroratrek said:

That's was more than just a great piece of animation.  That was a performance. Your character has emotion and personality. A minute and a half and I've bought into her adventure. Well done.

Thanks, FirstBastion! My goal is to create characters with a sense of "inner life" that people can understand and relate to, so I'm really glad that you seem to have felt a bit of that! 

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,873
    edited September 2021

I'm trying to post a video, but nothing works... crying

Post edited by Imago on
  • Imago said:

I'm trying to post a video, but nothing works... crying

Assuming it's YouTube, just copy the URL of the page and paste it into your post without any tags or formatting.