Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• SquishySquishy Posts: 451
    edited February 2021

I realize I forgot eyes and brows, oops (at least that's easy to add and simplifies your test a bit)

e: again was able to manually copy the correct files from the temp dir into the target dir and rename them and the material loads OK

e: re-loaded a blank G8F etc, loaded my final set of mats which all point to the manually-fixed target files, ran brows/eyes and re-saved mats - and the result is OK. I didn't think this was going to be a problem, just fyi this part worked as expected.

Post edited by Squishy on

seriously the best money I ever spent on anything character related, by far

Xaviera+Zelma.jpg
    729 x 1200 - 101K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

Sweet. Is all in order or do I still need to emulate your tests?

Considering this has happend 5 out of 5 attempts on a real skin, yes I am pretty sure it is a real bug. I don't think it's really likely this problem is unique to me.

What do you mean a real skin?

I mean five times in a row I have used the script as a normal user would and it's produced a bad result, as opposed to the bare minimum test you had me do that made a clean result (not a real test because nobody will be doing the bare minimum no feature run).

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Zev0 said:

The Filament update is live already. Updating to 8.1 means the UV's need to be changed to 8.1. That is a huge task. Sure we can make it compatible with 8.1 where it will work and still be using standard 8 UV, BUT people will expect it to be 8.1 UV, hense why we are not making it compatible with 8.1 until we know exactly what approach to take.

I converted a 8 material to to a 8.1 material set by using the map transfer extension for each surface but leaving the results for each surface standalone and not combined into a material atlas. I guess you have a lot of script references to surfaces and UVs that are using those 8 atlases though.  I guess as a merchant resource that final result need be packed into the equivalent 8.1 atlases too. LOL, and allow the users to switch back and fort between 8 and 8.1 UVs on the fly. 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,173
    edited March 2021

Zev0 said:

Here you go. Version 1.2

Thanks by the way working great for me, 

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • Maxo TellesonMaxo Telleson Posts: 17
    edited March 2021
    Zev0 said:

It's applying fine here. What skin are you applying it to and what is the UV of that skin?

Hi , So sorry I never replied. Shortly after this my PSU blew up, taking the motherboard with it. The skin was Charlene HD by Raiya. I hadn't changed the UV at all, so whatever the default one is. Only modifications I had made was using Altern8 skin shades. I did a clean install of skin builder 8, but that was when my psu died, but once I have my comp back I'll let you know if it fixed it. Again, apologies about delay.
    Post edited by Maxo Telleson on

The overlays and details are designed to work on standard Iray shader not something like altern8. If altern8 is changing the channels that is out of my control.

• Zev0 said:

The overlays and details are designed to work on standard Iray shader not something like altern8. If altern8 is changing the channels that is out of my control.

Ah no worries mate. I don't know enough about it, good to know that it might be Altern8. Definitely wasn't having a go, love your products. Just the nature of figuring out Daz!! Haha. Cheers for the reply.

I ran another full set of textures and the mismatched arms/legs color maps happened again - this time I looked carefully at all the temp files compared to the final target color/sss files written by the script, and I can see what it wrote was the arm/leg files generated in the first step. I can still salvage this manually (it turns out it's only four files that need to be copied and renamed).

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

I have an update showing in DIM dated March 3rd (my previous installler was dated February 17th) - has something major changed?

• Janus3003Janus3003 Posts: 56

I think I found an issue with Skin Builder. Whenever I apply a saved material preset, I get seams along the arms and legs. After doing some digging, it appears that the Skin Details overlay shows up in the generated textures while using Skin Builder, but they're not actually saving to the material preset itself.

skinbuilder8glitch.jpg
    1576 x 879 - 231K
    edited March 2021

yep, if you look in the temp directory where the script leaves its working files, you will probably find that the final versions of the arm and leg color and SSS maps do not match what was written to your target directory. to work around this you can manually copy the last version of those files to the target dir and rename them to match whatever the script wrote to the target dir.

e: this is the same problem I was reporting earlier in the thread, I am pretty sure it's not just you and me that have this problem.

• Janus3003Janus3003 Posts: 56

pjzanca said:

yep, if you look in the temp directory where the script leaves its working files, you will probably find that the final versions of the arm and leg color and SSS maps do not match what was written to your target directory. to work around this you can manually copy the last version of those files to the target dir and rename them to match whatever the script wrote to the target dir.

e: this is the same problem I was reporting earlier in the thread, I am pretty sure it's not just you and me that have this problem.

That'll teach me not to read the thread before posting. Thanks! 

edited March 2021

Looking into it still. Comparing older versions to new one to see what could have affected the overlays.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited March 2021

You know what you're doing of course but I don't think this has anything to do with the overlays at all, the problem is the final file copy. This is an example of the problem (I just ran this skin) - for the first pic, on the left is the target files, on the right is the temp dir files sorted by creation time. The file sizes don't match (verified that the arm/leg files called by the material file are the wrong ones). However look at the 2nd pic, those "undefinedArms" "undefinedLeg" files appear to be the correct ones - they got written into the target dir but aren't called by the mat file. The SSS map didn't get copied but that's just a copy of the color map isn't it?  Anyway thanks for looking into this.

e: it actually looks like those "undefined*" files are ALSO not correct, although they are further along than the first pass files. manually copying and renaming the last-dated versions from the temp dir does work around this though.

e: I am also not assuming anything about the SSS map, I'm copying that from the temp dir as well, sorry if that was confusing

SkinBuilder Bug.jpg
    1410 x 740 - 527K
    SkinBuilder Bug 2.jpg
    719 x 701 - 268K
    edited March 2021

NB: that "undefined*" file name thing has not happened for the other skin sets I've generated, this seems to be the first time for me. I haven't taken any updates in the past few days that I know of so I think it's maybe just not 100% consistent, maybe depending on which features in the script you use.

e: I'm a little bit suspicious that undo caused the script to lose track of what the final versions of arm/leg bitmaps were, because the files with the latest datestamp are not actually the correct ones for that run, I'm pretty sure I undid a suntan step. the correct files are named "undefinedArms_1004.jpg" and "undefinedLegs_1003.jpg"

edited March 2021

Here is the original V1.0 (attached) that should save out the skins fine, except for the lashes issue that was addressed in version 1.2

This is the change log in versions so we gonna backtrack to see where the output got messed up.

Updated to version 1.1

Added fix for when viewport is in Filament preview which it is not designed for and causes issues. Script now auto changes to Iray preview while skin building process occurs if viewport was in Filament preview.
    Added proper blocker to not work on 8.1 base.

Updated to version 1.2

Issue with saving Eyelash preset resolved.

Please test again with version 1.0 to see if output on skin is working fine. Thanks

zip
    zip
    Skin Builder 8 V1.0.zip
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Sure, I'll start one right now, thanks for making this available.

Flawless run, used almost all features, mutliple undos, alternate versions of mat files, no problems

Kristine.jpg
    1231 x 1600 - 824K
    edited March 2021

Ok thanks.. We will release a version 1.3 that fixes all this Sh1t.. Thanks for testing.yes

Post edited by Zev0 on

thank you, if you want any more test info I'll still be watching the thread.

Will do. Think we have all the info we need for now.

Hey while you're in there it'd be nice if you could run the tan phase with no masks applied. Thanks!

The masks is what makes the tan Lines. If you want to run tanlines without a mask simply copy one of the preset mask materials and edit the image to blank. The tutorial shows how to make your own additional options.

Thanks,, I'll have a look at that, I was actually wanting to figure out how to add more masks for stuff anyhow.

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 670
    edited March 2021

Sounds like I'm experiencing something similar to what others have reported. If I generate a skin and add overlay details (freckles, veins, etc.), everything loads and looks fine. But when I go to save my material presets, the detailed skins on the arms and legs (but not head and torso) get swapped out for the original unblemished skins.

So my workaround has been the same as the others: save out the temp files for the arms and legs as separate unique textures, then reapply afterwards. Not a big deal, but just thought I'd mention it.

Post edited by zombiewhacker on

Here is version 1.3.. Should have all issues resolved. Thank you for your patience.

zip
    zip
    SB 1.3.zip