Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• It's my understanding that you can remove the SB8 watermark. How about the daz3d watermark? Do I own the skin or does Daz3d?

gal.png
    1200 x 1800 - 2M
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

You can remove that if you want as well.

• A few questions.

Will you be updating to G8.1? I know you can use the skins on 8.1 but each time I need to change the makeup for my character I have to reload G8, make the new make up then save and load 8.1. Not a deal breaker, would just make things easier. 

Would also be great to see what we could do with a PBR option

I know you have said you spent lots of time finding nipples that worked on lots of skins, but there are a few addon nipple resources now so can we get an option to remove them altogether? 

edited February 2021

Not going to make it compatible with 8.1 anytime soon. That will take some time. Also removing nipples is too niche for the work involved. It's easier just to use a free app like gimp and do it yourself.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SquishySquishy Posts: 451

That's really weird, that doesn't follow the UVs for any of the G8 surfaces.

I tried to come up with a couple of Chinese skins, it took a lot of trial and error color matching (and I'm not super sure I got a good result, to be honest). Part of the fun of this is that whole tinkering process but I wish there were a more accurate and/or simpler way to figure out what to blend to get you in the ballpark of your target skin tone.  The first skin (the paler one) took me something like 8 or 10 cycles before I felt like it was pretty close. Probably not realistic to expect this is something easy to automate but a couple of paragraphs of advice in your docs would help a lot. This is with the default lighting setup, no postwork to avoid messing with the rendered colors.

Rou+Jin SFW.png
    834 x 1080 - 939K

You can always just generate skin once based off preview of what texture will look like and adjust the shader colour tones again in viewport after and do spot renders to get colour right. You don't have to generate a new skin everytime.

I guess I could have, I'm not 100% sure which value to tweak but now that you mention it I can probably figure that out.  Again that's probably a pretty good thing to have a paragraph or two about in your docs.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

So the update today to Skin Builder for G8F 8 wasn't to make it compatible with G8.1F?

• johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

nonesuch00 said:

So the update today to Skin Builder for G8F 8 wasn't to make it compatible with G8.1F?

It doesn't seem to have made any change for me.  Still get error trying it on a GF8.1 

edited February 2021

No it is not g8.1 compatible. A lot of people had issues using this on 8.1 hense why 8.1 is disabled.

Main changes in this version 1.1 is

Added fix for when viewport is in Filament preview which it is not designed for and causes issues. Script now auto changes to Iray preview while skin building process occurs if viewport was in Filament preview.

Updated MR agreement

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,173
    edited February 2021

I have a problem with one preset, Lashes? Just won't save. I don't get it. I'll Post in the morning if the spinning wheel stops.

Lashes.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 807K
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,173
    edited February 2021

Wheel still spinning.

Found this in the log file. After closing SK8

2021-02-23 08:02:40.676 WARNING: Script Error: Line 11622

2021-02-23 08:02:40.676 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'm_oElement' [null] is not an object.

2021-02-23 08:02:40.676 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 8/Skin Builder 8.dse:11622

2021-02-23 08:02:40.753 Error in script execution: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 8/Skin Builder 8.dse

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  •  Chinese skins? Even chinese have different skin tones. If you want realistic skin tone maybe look into Felix von Luschan. I took a Picture of my wife and took samples of skin in photoshop. Used SK8. Which resulted in the pic.

pjzanca said:

I tried to come up with a couple of Chinese skins, it took a lot of trial and error color matching (and I'm not super sure I got a good result, to be honest). Part of the fun of this is that whole tinkering process but I wish there were a more accurate and/or simpler way to figure out what to blend to get you in the ballpark of your target skin tone.  The first skin (the paler one) took me something like 8 or 10 cycles before I felt like it was pretty close. Probably not realistic to expect this is something easy to automate but a couple of paragraphs of advice in your docs would help a lot. This is with the default lighting setup, no postwork to avoid messing with the rendered colors.

Edit.png
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
  • Here is a clean log file when I started SK8 Still not being able to save lashes.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • Zev0 said:

No it is not g8.1 compatible. A lot of people had issues using this on 8.1 hense why 8.1 is disabled.

Main changes in this version 1.1 is

Added fix for when viewport is in Filament preview which it is not designed for and causes issues. Script now auto changes to Iray preview while skin building process occurs if viewport was in Filament preview.

Updated MR agreement

Out of curiosity, is it safe to assume that once the errors are understood and corrected, that it will be updated for 8.1?

Thank you. :)

edited February 2021

The Filament update is live already. Updating to 8.1 means the UV's need to be changed to 8.1. That is a huge task. Sure we can make it compatible with 8.1 where it will work and still be using standard 8 UV, BUT people will expect it to be 8.1 UV, hense why we are not making it compatible with 8.1 until we know exactly what approach to take.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Still not being able to save lashes.

I will have a look.

edited February 2021

Issue confirmed.. Will look into what went wrong.Busy on update....

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited February 2021

Here you go. Version 1.2

zip
    zip
    Skin Builder 8 v1.2.zip
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Four times in a row now I've tried to write a set of textures out and the final material files / textures written to the target texture directory are a bit messed up, the torso/face do not match the arms/legs. It's not the shader or lighting, I can see the file sizes do not match the final versions left in the skinbuilder temp directory. 

Seams.png
    600 x 700 - 674K

I manually copied the arm and leg bitmap files (all 4 of each, total of 8) from the temp dir to the target in Runtime/Textures and they render OK.  This happened both with your 1.2 version of the script attached two posts up, and the version currently on the DAZ patcher, I am pretty sure that is when this started to happen because all my previous skins have been good. This set is OK to use now too but it would be good if this got looked at, it's a nasty bug.

fixed.png
    600 x 700 - 677K
    edited February 2021

Hi. Do this test. Build a new base skin. Save it as full material preset. Load that material preset. If all loads fine after render then it is not the script. I just did a test now and all my required textures are loading. Also do not build/mod a skin with multiple figures in scene.

Post edited by Zev0 on

I didn't do that, that was only to show the problem - what I did was run the script (with the extra steps of doing the overlay options) and save the material setups via script, close script window and save the scene, started a new scene and loaded a fresh figure and then merged the previous scene file to get the 2nd figure in.  I'll run the test you're asking for though, I'll get back to you shortly.

If you do not load the material preset back on figure it is subjected to using temp maps that get overwritten.

edited February 2021

I realize that, the one that rendered correctly is the one that still pointed to the temp maps in the temp directory. That's why I went to the trouble of demoing that.

I ran the test you requested and it worked correctly, but that doesn't really represent what I was doing that produced the problem (full run of overlay choices etc) which I'm also re-running.

e: I'd gotten this to work correctly for about 15 full sets, this thing with the arms and legs is new.

Post edited by Squishy on

I need to know your exact steps in order to emulate the issue.

edited February 2021

good news I recorded my exact steps for this run (which also produced the bug)

blotches
    fine detail
    freckles 1
    undo
    freckles 2
    veins
    moles
    stretch bust 1
    undo
    stretch bust 2
    stretch buttocks
    stretch waist
    stretch arms/legs
    lashes
    gens
    save as "X2"
    close script
    new scene
    load blank G8F, lashes, gen
    load X2 material

NB: I don't run the script with clothes on the model (you can see that from the icons) I'm just dressing her for the sake of forum rules

e: and again I can load the scene file I ran the script in, and it renders correctly, checking materials the arms and legs are pointing to different files in the temp dir from what was written (incorrectly) into the target dir - so I can still salvage the work of running this set, which is fine :)

2021-02-27 (1).png
    1920 x 1040 - 1003K
    Post edited by Squishy on

Thanks