Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

I've never messed around with Skin Builder, so maybe it's doing something I'm not aware of. I do have the Laguna tail converted to G8F, so I'll give that a spin.

• Its either when applying blotches or dark pores.  It seemed to have no problem when fine detail was used.

edited September 2020

I added blotches (and a whole mess of other features) to this skin and I'm not getting the seam, so I don't know what to tell you.

merseamless.png
    800 x 1422 - 1M
    Post edited by Gordig on

I tried blotches and dark pores, and neither caused a seam. I didn't try fine details, since you said that one wasn't giving you a problem.

• Gordig said:

I tried blotches and dark pores, and neither caused a seam. I didn't try fine details, since you said that one wasn't giving you a problem.

Thank you for trying.  I wonder what caused it.  Guess ill reset things and try it again.

• pelupelu Posts: 3

Hello everybody. I have installed this product some weeks ago but I never managed to make it work.. Can somebody help, please?
    This is what I did:

• I installed theproduct via Daz Central
    • The folder is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Materials\Skin Builder 8\Resources\ and inside of it there are many files and folders (blush, brows, eyelashes..) with different pngs
    • When I run the program the product window appears normally and I set the path for the temporary files like this C:\Users\Pelu\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Librar\Runtime\Textures\SkinBuilderG8FMR\tempFiles

Now there are two problems:

1. When I try to build the skin, I can see that it is working for some time in the bottom left corner but then it keeps being busy without properly finishing the skin.
    2. Even if I wanted to just apply some details on an existing skin, the png images of the brows, veins, freckles, moles etc do not appear in the window so I can't use them either because I don't know what I am applying

Is something wrong with the installation? What should I do?
    Thanks in advance

• Gordig said:

I reapplied the skin and reran the script adding in those that were giving me problem.  It loaded in correctly.  Wonder if it was because I loaded in from a save and then applied.

• gMAKgMAK Posts: 26

Where do i view the Skin Builder 8 MR Agreement before purchase?

• Hi everyone, and @Zev0,

I bought this product a while ago, and have just started using it in depth. Now I have a question about adding custom overlays for freckles, moles, etc.

In simple terms, what I would like to know is how do I avoid my custom masks being distorted when applied to the figure?  From what I can tell, the UVs are unwrapped, which means if I just paint onto the surface, the result may be distorted in some way - pinched or stretched.

Or am I misunderstanding this somehow?

I am really eager to add custom masks for these attributes - but would love to know if there are some tricks or tips I should know first.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi again, I just wanted to tell you I am very, very happy with the product, and just have a question for you. Are you planning to upgrade Skinbuilder 8 so that you can open up already-created files? In the 1-1/2 months or so I've had the product I'm learning more and more about using it, and doing more with it, but unfortunately there is no way I can go back to previously created skins and either create different makeups for or make changes to a particular character. The only way to accomplish that is to completely redo their skins. If we could go back and open up already created skins a person could make any changes to it they want without having to recreate it from scratch. Your response is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

"unfortunately there is no way I can go back to previously created skins and either create different makeups for or make changes to a particular character."

Create a base skin without any specific details and save that. Then, add what variants you want and save those changes as different material presets. By saving your base skin you have a state you can revert to.  Example, do not create a skin and add make up and overlays and save that. Save it without the extras, then add the extras and save those as additional options. It is all about workflow.

• @Zev0 - are there any add-on masks or resources for different moles, freckles, etc?  Would love to have more variety in these areas to create more unique skins.  If someone is skilled at this and has resources they can share, great. I'd even pay real money to have (say) 20 or 30 different masks for each that I could combine to create unique skins for my characters.

• warlocwarloc Posts: 15
    edited October 2020

I know SB8 is suppose to be seamless textures but I notice everytime i apply a skin using SB8  there is this seamline on the left calf...I talked to other people who use SB8 and said they never had an issue..  It's barely noticable but DAZ QA pointed it out to me...is there an update of fix for this?  Please tell me what i am doing to cause this?

Screenshot (5).png
    1920 x 1080 - 766K
    Post edited by warloc on
    edited October 2020

Seams are visible when texture quality is set to performance. If they are set to standard you won't see the seams. They shouldn't be looking at textures at low quality because they aren't designed at that level.

Untitled-1.jpg
    2160 x 1388 - 710K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi Zevo! I have for the most part mastered the product and love it. It's been a big help in G8F character creation!

But, there is one thing I'm very curious about. And that is, are you planning to release a Skin Builder for Genesis 8 Male? On the off-chance I thought it might work I tried it on a male figure and, well, no go. I think it would be a fantastic companion piece to the G8 female version, and then I'd be able to move forward in G8M character creation.

• endlesslovingendlessloving Posts: 71
    edited November 2020
    Zev0 said:

Edited.

The skin builder looks like an awesome product. I will get it soon. 
    I am just wondering why this only exists for Genesis 8 Females. Why not for Males as well?
    Ideally you would offer this in a bundle and as such cover a lot more useful applications as well as attract more customers. 

Just thinking! ;-)

Post edited by endlessloving on
  • kjp6kjp6 Posts: 2

Hoping to get some help. Having problems with Skin Builder 8 unfortunately, as follows:

1) I've set the paths as shown in the resource .pdf.

2) I load a G8F figure, select it and then open Skin Builder.  I start to build a skin and then do overlays such as freckles. 

3) After a while I get an error message 'Unable to locate file' (see attached screenshot)

4) I click 'stop asking', then the spinner icon does it's thing for a long time - and then eventually another error message pops up asking for another file that isn't there. I repeat 'stop asking' etc...

5) Very often the spinner icon goes in to an 'infinte' loop and Daz3D stops responding

I've tried fresh install, fresh restart, clearing temp directory - I know it may be looking for an old file there but I don't understand why for a new, fresh figure for a new skin build.

I didn't have any problems with previous versions of Skin Builder on older Genesis figures. Any help appreciated as it looks a great product.  Thanks in advance.

skinbuilder8-error.jpg
    723 x 801 - 171K
  • Hi kjp6 you weren't previewing with the new filament render engine? I had the same thing happen then realised that I was previewing with Filament and skin is Iray. Once I started previewing with Iray it work fine.

Yes unfortunately it is not designed to work with Filament preview while building skin.

• kjp6kjp6 Posts: 2

Thanks for your help 'davidltsl' and 'Zev0'.  So far that seems to work.

• Hi there!!

Thanks for SB 3, its awesome!

I keep running into a problem that I can't figure out.

I have 2 figures, and Andorian (who is blue) and an Orion (who is green)  I've built them in seperate scenes and all is good.  When I bring one actor into the current scene, all but the head end up being a merge of the two different skin colours, so a teal or turquoise.

What can I do?

Thank you again

Justin

edited December 2020

Hi. Are the skins saved as material presets and reloaded back on figure? If not it is trying to use temp texture files, which are prone to be overwritten if more than one skin is being built without being saved.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Happy New Year!

I just want to tell you I'm so completely and thoroughly satisfied with the product, it's a Godsend. But, there is a question I have that I've been unable to resolve through so many attempts. I generally do not touch the nipples when I create a skin, just let chips fall where they may. However, I would like to give nipples (and sometimes lips) that kind of light pinkish color, and haven't been able to do it. I've used white, at both @3% and and @100%, red at the same percentages, even a moderately pink/flesh color at both low and high percentages, but nothing seems to work. What do you suggest?

• mumia76mumia76 Posts: 146

Does this product ever get updated? There seems to be a lot of placeholders in the interface. But I never actually saw any updates happen to it. Will those features ever get added that are currently unused / greyed out?

Also I'd like to have more options as some of the overlays are not very comprehensive. Like I sorely miss an acne overlay for shoulders / arms, currently there are only three versions, back / chest / bottom.

edited January 2021

"Does this product ever get updated? There seems to be a lot of placeholders in the interface. But I never actually saw any updates happen to it. Will those features ever get added that are currently unused / greyed out?"

Hi. Have you tried clicking on the check boxes in each tab option? Every feature inside the script is usable.

Post edited by Zev0 on

grafkdesigner said:

Happy New Year!

I just want to tell you I'm so completely and thoroughly satisfied with the product, it's a Godsend. But, there is a question I have that I've been unable to resolve through so many attempts. I generally do not touch the nipples when I create a skin, just let chips fall where they may. However, I would like to give nipples (and sometimes lips) that kind of light pinkish color, and haven't been able to do it. I've used white, at both @3% and and @100%, red at the same percentages, even a moderately pink/flesh color at both low and high percentages, but nothing seems to work. What do you suggest?

Hi. It is hard to suggest a solution without seeing the source colour which cannot be shown in forum. Maybe send me a pm.

• Zev0 said:

Hi. Are the skins saved as material presets and reloaded back on figure? If not it is trying to use temp texture files, which are prone to be overwritten if more than one skin is being built without being saved.

• Thanks Zevo, I think it was the temp files all mixing themselves up.

Thank you!

Justin

• Mike_1477618Mike_1477618 Posts: 3
    edited January 2021

Hi Zev0,

I realy like the Skin Builder. It saves a lot of time. Still.... I have a question about the overlay maps for freckles, veins, Tanlines and stuff. How can I add my own into your tool?

I mean when I make a beach scene and use veins and freckles.... the patterns look the same and that's not correct. I'd like to add more overlay maps to make unique models.

I've tryed altering the .png files but that's not working. Can you please tell me how to take the standard overlays, change them (and save them as different overlays) and add them to SB8?

Post edited by Mike_1477618 on