Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

1111213141517»

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 3,337

I've never messed around with Skin Builder, so maybe it's doing something I'm not aware of. I do have the Laguna tail converted to G8F, so I'll give that a spin.

• Its either when applying blotches or dark pores.  It seemed to have no problem when fine detail was used.

edited September 22

I added blotches (and a whole mess of other features) to this skin and I'm not getting the seam, so I don't know what to tell you.

merseamless.png
    800 x 1422 - 1M
    Post edited by Gordig on

I tried blotches and dark pores, and neither caused a seam. I didn't try fine details, since you said that one wasn't giving you a problem.

• Gordig said:

I tried blotches and dark pores, and neither caused a seam. I didn't try fine details, since you said that one wasn't giving you a problem.

Thank you for trying.  I wonder what caused it.  Guess ill reset things and try it again.

• pelupelu Posts: 3

Hello everybody. I have installed this product some weeks ago but I never managed to make it work.. Can somebody help, please?
    This is what I did:

• I installed theproduct via Daz Central
    • The folder is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Materials\Skin Builder 8\Resources\ and inside of it there are many files and folders (blush, brows, eyelashes..) with different pngs
    • When I run the program the product window appears normally and I set the path for the temporary files like this C:\Users\Pelu\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Librar\Runtime\Textures\SkinBuilderG8FMR\tempFiles

Now there are two problems:

1. When I try to build the skin, I can see that it is working for some time in the bottom left corner but then it keeps being busy without properly finishing the skin.
    2. Even if I wanted to just apply some details on an existing skin, the png images of the brows, veins, freckles, moles etc do not appear in the window so I can't use them either because I don't know what I am applying

Is something wrong with the installation? What should I do?
    Thanks in advance

• Gordig said:

I reapplied the skin and reran the script adding in those that were giving me problem.  It loaded in correctly.  Wonder if it was because I loaded in from a save and then applied.

• cebaceba Posts: 17

Where do i view the Skin Builder 8 MR Agreement before purchase?

• Hi everyone, and @Zev0,

I bought this product a while ago, and have just started using it in depth. Now I have a question about adding custom overlays for freckles, moles, etc.

In simple terms, what I would like to know is how do I avoid my custom masks being distorted when applied to the figure?  From what I can tell, the UVs are unwrapped, which means if I just paint onto the surface, the result may be distorted in some way - pinched or stretched.

Or am I misunderstanding this somehow?

I am really eager to add custom masks for these attributes - but would love to know if there are some tricks or tips I should know first.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi again, I just wanted to tell you I am very, very happy with the product, and just have a question for you. Are you planning to upgrade Skinbuilder 8 so that you can open up already-created files? In the 1-1/2 months or so I've had the product I'm learning more and more about using it, and doing more with it, but unfortunately there is no way I can go back to previously created skins and either create different makeups for or make changes to a particular character. The only way to accomplish that is to completely redo their skins. If we could go back and open up already created skins a person could make any changes to it they want without having to recreate it from scratch. Your response is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 6,234

"unfortunately there is no way I can go back to previously created skins and either create different makeups for or make changes to a particular character."

Create a base skin without any specific details and save that. Then, add what variants you want and save those changes as different material presets. By saving your base skin you have a state you can revert to.  Example, do not create a skin and add make up and overlays and save that. Save it without the extras, then add the extras and save those as additional options. It is all about workflow.

• @Zev0 - are there any add-on masks or resources for different moles, freckles, etc?  Would love to have more variety in these areas to create more unique skins.  If someone is skilled at this and has resources they can share, great. I'd even pay real money to have (say) 20 or 30 different masks for each that I could combine to create unique skins for my characters.

• warlocwarloc Posts: 14
    edited October 20

I know SB8 is suppose to be seamless textures but I notice everytime i apply a skin using SB8  there is this seamline on the left calf...I talked to other people who use SB8 and said they never had an issue..  It's barely noticable but DAZ QA pointed it out to me...is there an update of fix for this?  Please tell me what i am doing to cause this?

Screenshot (5).png
    1920 x 1080 - 766K
    Post edited by warloc on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 6,234
    edited October 20

Seams are visible when texture quality is set to performance. If they are set to standard you won't see the seams. They shouldn't be looking at textures at low quality because they aren't designed at that level.

Untitled-1.jpg
    2160 x 1388 - 710K
    Post edited by Zev0 on