Free Software that Makes Life Easier

Comments

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,671

Mystiarra said:

are there any tricks for pmd files?

it time to bury my dual core poser pc in the closet.  not sure i converted all my pmd characters.  any tricks to make 7unzip work on pmd?

Thanks 

Maybe also using them another time in DAZ Studio, until 3.X all worked fine, now a lot of PMD don't load more.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thanks.

found a binary editor on rendo.  dont understand how to use it yet

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2021

need a decent software to turn those sequenced pngs into a good quality mp4 or avi

sony movie makin is a makin me crazy.  is degrading the heck out of my lovely secret lake clean renders  720 frames  took 2 weeks to render.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814

Mystiarra said:

need a decent software to turn those sequenced pngs into a good quality mp4 or avi

sony movie makin is a makin me crazy.  is degrading the heck out of my lovely secret lake clean renders  720 frames  took 2 weeks to render.

I use Blender now for compositing 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited January 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Mystiarra said:

I use Blender now for compositing 

~  You can use one of these Pro-Quality Video Editors _ several that have  Free versions   ~  If you have Mac use iMovie  _

Post edited by ed3D on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

Thanks magaremoto! I'm grabbing that one!

• @Mystarria, I know PD Howler can load images and save as avi. It can also do transitions and some after effects. But, I'm not sure how many frames it can do. @Dartanbeck would know more about that, as I don't use it for videos/animation. I think there are a couple of YouTube videos about it on the PD Howler channel.

tiffanie_gray_aceaa3bc71 said:

@Mystarria, I know PD Howler can load images and save as avi. It can also do transitions and some after effects. But, I'm not sure how many frames it can do. @Dartanbeck would know more about that, as I don't use it for videos/animation. I think there are a couple of YouTube videos about it on the PD Howler channel.

Oh... Howler ROCKS for animation work, but it's not Free (this is a Free Software channel ;) )

• Dartanbeck said:

rtanbeck would know more about that, as I don't use it for videos/animation. I think there are a couple of YouTube videos about it on the PD Howler channel.

Oh... Howler ROCKS for animation work, but it's not Free (this is a Free Software channel ;) )

Oh, duh, yeah, you're right! I forgot where I was! Sorry. 

smiley Don't be sorry, Tiffanie!

I Love Howler too! smiley

edited February 2021

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/publication/the-rocketbox-library-and-the-utility-of-freely-available-rigged-avatars-for-procedural-animation-of-virtual-humans-and-embodiment/?fbclid=IwAR0EnWjDxu2v2zeIUBwCLZV2j3Gz6a5QorAEvElJijWzJvRBNN3K8LjwQCA

free FBX people

load rigged and asks for and loads all the textures too

animating them you may need other software for retargetting BVH motions such as CGspeed

I use iClone 3DXchange but Danceforms may work or even Blender

Mixamo works too   saying corrupted importing into all my apps, including Autodesk FBX converter

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • download version 7.4 in the FBX settings

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433

P3DO 2.9 Release  is coming

More see here > http://www.senosoft.com/news/news290.php#290_5

• rk66 said:

P3DO 2.9 Release  is coming

More see here > http://www.senosoft.com/news/news290.php#290_5

Thanks for the heads-up. I have this and haven't really used it to any great degree - I should really save all my shaders and make thumbnails for them. It might save me time in the long run...

• has a demo page

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

has a demo page

Very interesting.  It kind of looks like Philemo's Blimp plugin with animation steroids.

edited February 2021

my lame attempt

it needs an mp4 export

you can export obj's 

• REIVAXREIVAX Posts: 70

Hello

its more like Dust3d

edited March 2021

I just discovered the latest BorisFX Paricle Illusion standalone imports texture image series so my Background custom particle can load a movie BG for me to work with.
    i am finding Particle Illusion very flakey on my Win10 though, it uses all my 980ti and the UI is dodgy.

My win7 without a graphics card it is fine surprise
    I have crashed it a few times now on my Win 10 so cannot actually show you anything, was ready to render last time angry

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited March 2021
    VMWare workstation player is free for non commercial use. The latest version supports up to DX11, so all 3D apps should run in a Win 7 virtual machine on Win 10. Got the player up and running, stuck on the ready made vhd's for Win 7 from MS though.
    Post edited by 3drendero on

finally something from Particle illusion, I had to render the layers separately and composite in Hitfilm

Not try and render the image series particle as that's instant crash

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

good results, and pretty funny animation :)

wonder what's up with the crashes.

--ms

Dunno Win 10???

just did this one easily rendering the Wizards particle in PA on my Win7 NO GRAPHICS CARD!

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I just discovered the latest BorisFX Paricle Illusion standalone imports texture image series so my Background custom particle can load a movie BG for me to work with.
    i am finding Particle Illusion very flakey on my Win10 though, it uses all my 980ti and the UI is dodgy.

I have crashed it a few times now on my Win 10 so cannot actually show you anything, was ready to render last time angry

Try working in Proxy mode. It should help.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

finally something from Particle illusion, I had to render the layers separately and composite in Hitfilm

Not try and render the image series particle as that's instant crash

Atta girl! Yep. Build one VFX setup, get rid of the background before rendering out the particle sim - composite all elements together after.

This is also the established workflow at big movie houses because they catalog all of the simulated results separately. with a bit of tweaking, these folks save a lot of resources by reusing elements that have already been made.

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

REIVAX said:

Hello

its more like Dust3d

Thanks! Dust 3d is very interesting, Looks like you can rip out some simple models very quickly!

Dartanbeck said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Try working in Proxy mode. It should help.

what is Proxy mode?

also I have difficulty even initially displaying the UI properly on Win 10,

I always have to close it and reopen it,

it goes fullscreen with all the menus missing first load, and seems to be related to the second monitor

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

Symbinode, free node based material creator.

https://fexcron.itch.io/symbinode

askNK on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N83dZqBsaBc