Free Software that Makes Life Easier

1323334353638»

Comments

• CriosCrios Posts: 1,882

Mystiarra said:

are there any tricks for pmd files?

it time to bury my dual core poser pc in the closet.  not sure i converted all my pmd characters.  any tricks to make 7unzip work on pmd?

Thanks 

Maybe also using them another time in DAZ Studio, until 3.X all worked fine, now a lot of PMD don't load more.

• MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 36,611

thanks.

found a binary editor on rendo.  dont understand how to use it yet

• MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 36,611
    edited January 23

need a decent software to turn those sequenced pngs into a good quality mp4 or avi

sony movie makin is a makin me crazy.  is degrading the heck out of my lovely secret lake clean renders  720 frames  took 2 weeks to render.

Post edited by Mystiarra on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 29,849

Mystiarra said:

need a decent software to turn those sequenced pngs into a good quality mp4 or avi

sony movie makin is a makin me crazy.  is degrading the heck out of my lovely secret lake clean renders  720 frames  took 2 weeks to render.

I use Blender now for compositing 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,075
    edited January 28

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Mystiarra said:

I use Blender now for compositing 

~  You can use one of these Pro-Quality Video Editors _ several that have  Free versions   ~  If you have Mac use iMovie  _

Post edited by ed3D on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,106

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 16,779

Thanks magaremoto! I'm grabbing that one!

• @Mystarria, I know PD Howler can load images and save as avi. It can also do transitions and some after effects. But, I'm not sure how many frames it can do. @Dartanbeck would know more about that, as I don't use it for videos/animation. I think there are a couple of YouTube videos about it on the PD Howler channel.

tiffanie_gray_aceaa3bc71 said:

@Mystarria, I know PD Howler can load images and save as avi. It can also do transitions and some after effects. But, I'm not sure how many frames it can do. @Dartanbeck would know more about that, as I don't use it for videos/animation. I think there are a couple of YouTube videos about it on the PD Howler channel.

Oh... Howler ROCKS for animation work, but it's not Free (this is a Free Software channel ;) )

• Dartanbeck said:

rtanbeck would know more about that, as I don't use it for videos/animation. I think there are a couple of YouTube videos about it on the PD Howler channel.

Oh... Howler ROCKS for animation work, but it's not Free (this is a Free Software channel ;) )

Oh, duh, yeah, you're right! I forgot where I was! Sorry. 

smiley Don't be sorry, Tiffanie!

I Love Howler too! smiley

edited February 20

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/publication/the-rocketbox-library-and-the-utility-of-freely-available-rigged-avatars-for-procedural-animation-of-virtual-humans-and-embodiment/?fbclid=IwAR0EnWjDxu2v2zeIUBwCLZV2j3Gz6a5QorAEvElJijWzJvRBNN3K8LjwQCA

free FBX people

load rigged and asks for and loads all the textures too

animating them you may need other software for retargetting BVH motions such as CGspeed

I use iClone 3DXchange but Danceforms may work or even Blender

Mixamo works too   saying corrupted importing into all my apps, including Autodesk FBX converter

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

download version 7.4 in the FBX settings

• rk66rk66 Posts: 382

P3DO 2.9 Release  is coming

More see here > http://www.senosoft.com/news/news290.php#290_5

• rk66 said:

P3DO 2.9 Release  is coming

More see here > http://www.senosoft.com/news/news290.php#290_5

Thanks for the heads-up. I have this and haven't really used it to any great degree - I should really save all my shaders and make thumbnails for them. It might save me time in the long run...

has a demo page

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 2,850

WendyLuvsCatz said:

has a demo page

Very interesting.  It kind of looks like Philemo's Blimp plugin with animation steroids.

edited February 27

my lame attempt

it needs an mp4 export

you can export obj's 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • REIVAXREIVAX Posts: 58

Hello

its more like Dust3d