Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    edited November 2020
    Overdrawn said:
    Ati said:
    xyer0 said:
    Ati said:

Daz should 100% support the Daz-deals project.

Warning: this extension may make you shop and buy more often than you'd planned. wink

I could not agree more. IMHO, DAZ is owing @ati a fare share of the extra sales the plugin generates. I have spent a lot more once I had the plugin installed, and spending less nad less since it is no longer working due to this 100% messed-up "store upgrade". 

Let's not leave @Overdrawn out of this, it's not a one-man project. :D

And it's time for our regular disclaimer, I guess. :D We are using Daz's affiliate program, and do get a small commission after sales where you use our affiliate links. To be clear: there are no affiliate links in the addon itself, only in the email notifications. Anyone not wishing to support our work, can simply not click those links, even when receiving the notifications.

Can you clarify? Do I need to enter the site from your email AND cart a product, or is it enough that I enter the site from your email? Is there a difference? In other words, how do I make sure you guys get paid as much as possible?

The easiest way is to get to the site by clicking the links in the notification email you receive from us. Doing so every couple of days ensures that Daz knows you used our affiliate link. You can do this whenever you want--it doesn't have to be specifically before checkout, or before putting the items in the cart.

The "New Sales" notification is a great way to start any morning. :) That...and coffee. ;)

I start with the New Promo email that comes after Daz midnight because in the past it usually accessed the sale page 10-15 minutes prior to accessing from the Shop page link. And that's every day. So, good, and thank you both for how much easier you have made my Daz life.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    Thyranq said:

In all of this week, the part of the store that irritates me the most is not being able to filter my items by wishlist only. In ALL the choas, THAT's what bugs me the most...

I agree 100%!  I keep popping in due to emails, but then: 

11634 items, and can't show wishlist items? = Who has that amount of time?  close tab, move on...

I'll monitor this thread for your update.  Thanks for doing what you do!  :)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    3dOutlaw said:
    Thyranq said:

In all of this week, the part of the store that irritates me the most is not being able to filter my items by wishlist only. In ALL the choas, THAT's what bugs me the most...

I'll monitor this thread for your update. 

We're almost there! :)

• Ok folks, the extension is updated and Firefox has already approved it! Now we just wait on the other stores to approve the new version...which usually happens in less than 24 hours.

If you've not yet installed Daz-Deals extension, here's some handy links to the various stores. :)

Thanks for your patience as we've worked to keep up with the underlying store changes. It's much appreciated!

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 752
    edited November 2020

Price history widget shows incorrect current price. Widget price much lower than Daz store posted price.

Is this a glitch beased on how messed-up the Daz store is right now?

Post edited by lukon100 on
    lukon100 said:

Price history widget shows incorrect current price. Widget price much lower than Daz store posted price.

Price history does not show the current price. It shows the lowest price for the given day.

• arbee999arbee999 Posts: 104

Updated and working dandy - Thank you laugh

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Thanks so much. This add-on is super useful.

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited November 2020

Updated! And instantly, the site is so much more manageable, even if things are still a disaster on Daz's end.

Thank you for all the work that you do with this in general and especially for your tireless efforts to get things up and running again after the switch. I wonder if the company realizes how much less they'd make without you -- I know I spend more when I can actually find what I want to buy.

ETA: Will note that things are still squirrely with the search results -- none of the checkbox filters work for me -- but things so far have been okay outside of that.

Post edited by Cora Regina on
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:

Price history does not show the current price. It shows the lowest price for the given day.

That means that, for example, this relatively new $18.95 release was on sale for $3.56 sometime today, but has bounced back to $13.27.

https://www.daz3d.com/grovebrook-park

I find that a little difficult to believe.

• lukon100 said:

That means that, for example, this relatively new $18.95 release was on sale for $3.56 sometime today, but has bounced back to $13.27.

Nah, DAZ pricing is what's difficult to believe. Several times, DAZ reduced prices to hundreds of items to $1.99 or whatever, tripping Daz Deals notifications for thousands of people. When they checked the website, the prices had returned - not available discounted for even a minute. DAZ -- fiddles. I'm sure it's automatic, and a result of badly written software with a known type of error called a 'race condition'.

lukon100 said:
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:

That's a PC+ item, so $3.56 is its correct PC+ price. If you're not a PC+ member, then you're getting the regular price. Not being a PC+ member, the graph shows you two lines, one for the PC+ price and one for the non-PC+ price. When you hover the mouse over the lines, it will tell you which line is which.

Trelligan said:
    lukon100 said:

Nah, DAZ pricing is what's difficult to believe. Several times, DAZ reduced prices to hundreds of items to $1.99 or whatever, tripping Daz Deals notifications for thousands of people. When they checked the website, the prices had returned - not available discounted for even a minute. DAZ -- fiddles. I'm sure it's automatic, and a result of badly written software with a known type of error called a 'race condition'.

If this is true, then perhaps the Daz Deals plugin should compensate for this by NOT latching onto the lowest price for the day, but instead latch on the lowest price that has lasted more than 5 minutes. I suspect that would filter out these deceptive race condition glitch prices.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Should this update automatically? (I'm on Chrome and still see v2.4.6 dated Nov 2019)

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    MelanieL said:

Should this update automatically? (I'm on Chrome and still see v2.4.6 dated Nov 2019)

Same here. Perhaps the other users who say they have updated and it's working, use Firefox.

edited November 2020
    MelanieL said:

gitika1 said:
    MelanieL said:

Same here. Perhaps the other users who say they have updated and it's working, use Firefox.

The Chrome Web Store is still showing the version you have (also the version I have in Chrome), which suggests that Google hasn't approved the update yet. I expect things will update automatically, assuming you have them set to do so, once the update gets approved and the new version goes live there.

In the meantime, yes, the Firefox version has already been approved and is working. I've been using that in the meantime since the store is basically unusable without Ati and Overdrawn's extension!

MelanieL said:

gitika1 said:
    MelanieL said:

The Chrome Web Store is still showing the version you have (also the version I have in Chrome), which suggests that Google hasn't approved the update yet. I expect things will update automatically, assuming you have them set to do so, once the update gets approved and the new version goes live there.

In the meantime, yes, the Firefox version has already been approved and is working. I've been using that in the meantime since the store is basically unusable without Ati and Overdrawn's extension!

Yes, I've been really struggling without it all week! I can't wait for Google to approve it...well, I suppose I have to, unless I want to install yet another browser on my ancient laptop.

edited November 2020
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:

That's a PC+ item, so $3.56 is its correct PC+ price. If you're not a PC+ member, then you're getting the regular price. Not being a PC+ member, the graph shows you two lines, one for the PC+ price and one for the non-PC+ price. When you hover the mouse over the lines, it will tell you which line is which.

My widget only shows one graph line, meaning that Daz Deals "thinks" I am a PC+ member.

Oh-oh. That must mean that Daz has a glitch regarding my account. I am not a PC+ member. But somehow Daz Deals "thinks" that I actually am a PC+ member.

Or, Daz has given me a free membership in PC+ and I just don't know it yet. But if I am a member, why do I still see non-PC+ prices on the store and product pages? I don't get it. I'm confused.

UPDATE: I looked at my account page for PC+ and it says my expiration date for PC+ is "0000-12-31".

If Daz Deals reads that field to determine my PC+ membership status, I can see why Daz Deals could be confused about my PC+ status.

Post edited by lukon100 on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    lukon100 said:
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:

My widget only shows one graph line, meaning that Daz Deals "thinks" I am a PC+ member.

Oh-oh. That must mean that Daz has a glitch regarding my account. I am not a PC+ member. But somehow Daz Deals "thinks" that I actually am a PC+ member.

Or, Daz has given me a free membership in PC+ and I just don't know it yet. But if I am a member, why do I still see non-PC+ prices on the store and product pages? I don't get it. I'm confused.

UPDATE: I looked at my account page for PC+ and it says my expiration date for PC+ is "0000-12-31".

If Daz Deals reads that field to determine my PC+ membership status, I can see why Daz Deals could be confused about my PC+ status.

Yea, if I put PC Club in my cart it says purchased, even though I am no longer PC club...been that way since the update.  I metioned it in the sales issue thread, but it quickly was overwhelmed by all the other stuff being reported there.

3dOutlaw said:
    lukon100 said:
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:

Yea, if I put PC Club in my cart it says purchased, even though I am no longer PC club...been that way since the update.  I metioned it in the sales issue thread, but it quickly was overwhelmed by all the other stuff being reported there.

Right. So I guess the Daz Deals makers must wait for Daz store makers to fix this glitch before getting the price history widget to work right.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,697
    Overdrawn said:

Ok folks, the extension is updated and Firefox has already approved it! Now we just wait on the other stores to approve the new version...which usually happens in less than 24 hours.

If you've not yet installed Daz-Deals extension, here's some handy links to the various stores. :)

Thanks for your patience as we've worked to keep up with the underlying store changes. It's much appreciated!

I don't see a way to update it. The only option is to delete it --Firefox

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,697

Also the option to sort by % off is gone. That is what I used the most often...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Overdrawn said:

Ok folks, the extension is updated and Firefox has already approved it! Now we just wait on the other stores to approve the new version...which usually happens in less than 24 hours.

I don't see a way to update it. The only option is to delete it --Firefox

In Firefox, Tools > Add-Ons > Available Updates

• arbee999arbee999 Posts: 104

Also the option to sort by % off is gone. That is what I used the most often...

I still see that option in Firefox. I'm at Version 2.5.0 of the DAZ Deals Extension if that helps...

edited November 2020
    lukon100 said:
    3dOutlaw said:
    lukon100 said:
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:

Right. So I guess the Daz Deals makers must wait for Daz store makers to fix this glitch before getting the price history widget to work right.

The thing is that it's fixed for most of us, and the updated Daz-Deals extension is showing the pricing history accordingly. Or at least, it is for me, Maker be praised.

If your expiration date is still showing as 0000-12-31, then you should submit a support ticket to the Help Desk immediately because they clearly did not get your account sorted out with the others. That's how something like 99% or more of PC+ members were after the rollout (a lucky few apparenty weren't impacted), with our memberships showing an expiry of 0000-12-31 and a status of "Cancelled," but that part was cleared up within a couple of days. Getting our discounts sorted, well, that's been taking... longer. But it's 100% a Daz problem.

Daz has your status flagged incorrectly still, it sounds like.

ETA: Also there's some bug with recently renewed memberships being flagged as expired, or something like that.

The update is now available in the Chrome store as well. The rest are still waiting for approval.

Yes, I was just dropping in to report that it's back in Chrome now - bliss! Thank you both for you hard work.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited November 2020

Maybe it is mentioned somewhere, but what is the time to load value for this extension? When I load the store page, I get a warning that the script is causing Firefox to slow down. One can apparently give a script more time by changing the dom.max_script_run_time value which is currently 10.

DazDeals.jpg
    1920 x 182 - 92K
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited November 2020

Thanks a lot @ati and @overdrawn. At least I can do some cherry picking again laugh.

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • Maybe it is mentioned somewhere, but what is the time to load value for this extension? When I load the store page, I get a warning that the script is causing Firefox to slow down. One can apparently give a script more time by changing the dom.max_script_run_time value which is currently 10.

Hrm... Is that the main shop page? How big is your wishlist? I've not seen it happen before...but it could be getting hung on something.

This discussion has been closed.